Photo

Can we expect the map to be released?

21 replies to this topic
geejay9
  • geejay9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Will Rockstar release the map as a screenshot at all in the lead up to the game? I'm not familiar with whether they have for past games, I was just wondering if I can expect to see the map before the game is released.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

For GTAIV they did a silhouette of the map on the official website, as seen here: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Prior to that, a rough silhouette was also spotted on a boat: http://www.gta4.net/...gle.php?id=3957

They never released a map as such prior to the release of the game. I doubt they will this time round so as to keep things fresh for people. Sadly, like with GTAIV, someone that gets early access to a retail copy will probably leak it before the game's street date. Depends what your view is on that (want to see an early leak, or discover yourself when you open up the packaging).

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

San Andreas's was the most revealed before release, the whole map was shown: http://www.rockstarg...com/sanandreas/

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 11:20)
(want to see an early leak, or discover yourself when you open up the packaging).

Actually, when I open the packaging I don't know if I'll want to look at the map... even more so, when I play the game for the first time, I'll be afraid of hitting pause so I don't see... wait, I'll see it when I swap characters for the first time panic.gif panic.gif panic.gif

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

For GTAIV they did a silhouette of the map on the official website, as seen here: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Prior to that, a rough silhouette was also spotted on a boat: http://www.gta4.net/...gle.php?id=3957

They never released a map as such prior to the release of the game. I doubt they will this time round so as to keep things fresh for people. Sadly, like with GTAIV, someone that gets early access to a retail copy will probably leak it before the game's street date. Depends what your view is on that (want to see an early leak, or discover yourself when you open up the packaging).

thats not sadly, thats luckily! ...that way i'll get to know what GTAV map will look like before i get my hands on the game...i'm PC gamer anyway, so even when game will come out on consoles i will most likely check what map looks like...

JaggySnake
  • JaggySnake

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

From Rockstar? I doubt it.

Leaked by someone with early access? Likely.

I'm not going to look at the map if it's leaked or Rockstar releases it. I won't even look at the paper map included in the case. Not even going to look at it if I press pause. I just want to get lost in it and explore it.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Something tells we will see gameplay, possibly even switch system gameplay before release and thus we will see the map from a google maps type point of view. Though already had confirmation the map is huge and their biggest yet. I still prefer to lay my eyes on it before I get the game if only it's to get a real look at the scope of the map.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

I'm curious to see a early access of Grand Theft Auto V in it's near release of the game honestly. Maybe just the introduction and then I'm off on that sh*t. I don't want to get spoiled very much really.

HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST
  • HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST

FREE ROAM PEST AND BUZZARD MASTER K/D 13.87

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

i still think the map is in the cockpit of the plane in TBOGT

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

I won't be surprised this time around considering they're not landlocking the map any more.

Niteye
  • Niteye

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

I'd say GTA3 was the most revealed. The map of the 1st island was shown months before the release. The second island too (although with some minor changes compared to the final version)

Also 3D renderings of the maps were shown long long before the release.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

@rare.steak

So because you have access to the whole map from the get-go, you wouldn't be surprised or amazed by the locations, buildings or whatever it was that surprised you in earlier GTA titles? I don't get that point of view really

Intstringeger
  • Intstringeger

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Didn't Rockstar show RDR's map, one a region at a time, a few weeks/days before release?

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 12:20)

That was a very interesting read. monocle.gif

ill-thoughts
  • ill-thoughts

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (I Shot The Sheriff @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 11:24)
(want to see an early leak, or discover yourself when you open up the packaging).

Actually, when I open the packaging I don't know if I'll want to look at the map... even more so, when I play the game for the first time, I'll be afraid of hitting pause so I don't see... wait, I'll see it when I swap characters for the first time panic.gif panic.gif panic.gif

lol.gif just dont swap characters....unless they force you to swap....then youre skrewd icon14.gif

VATG
  • VATG

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

I'm sure they will do so. if the game is big as they say they must do it, this could only increase sales...

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

I don't think that Rockstar is going to reveal the map of GTA V prior the release, at least not in detailed format. I want to explore the map by myself and I want to see the detailed map with my eyes when I play the game and not when Rockstar would reveal it.

TheRook
  • TheRook

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

The map for GTA IV was also shown in the last trailer before release.

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 12:46)
@rare.steak

So because you have access to the whole map from the get-go, you wouldn't be surprised or amazed by the locations, buildings or whatever it was that surprised you in earlier GTA titles? I don't get that point of view really

Read my post and understand my context and usage of that word before trying to sound smart with that "don't get point of view" bullsh*t, idiot. Thanks for that self-pwnage before I pwned you though, it was icing before the cake.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (I Shot The Sheriff @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 11:24)

You're either crazy or have the willpower of a monk.

I can't wait to hit pause for the first time & go wow.gif as I get my first gander at the map. I'll give it a quick once over & then just explore for an hour or to just using the mini-map.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (JaggySnake @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 11:40)
I'm not going to look at the map if it's leaked or Rockstar releases it. I won't even look at the paper map included in the case. Not even going to look at it if I press pause. I just want to get lost in it and explore it.

That's a good idea actually, I might do that as well. Although I might want to change some settings when I first start playing and going into the pause menu might show me the map anyway confused.gif

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

I'll take out the in-case map then flip it over (with the cool poster on the other side) and put it up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users