Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

It would be a awesome feature in my opinion

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Why not? I can really see myself causing havoc with Trevor equipped with Dual Uzis biggrin.gif

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Of course it will have that, man! Even San Andreas did!

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

only if its optional

Kwazdog
  • Kwazdog

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

If it ain't dual wield, it ain't right! If it has dual auto 9mm like in max panye 3 it's a wrap!!! devil.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

GTA San Andreas had this feature if you have reached Hitman level at the weapon skills of the Colt45, sawed-off shotgun, Tec-9 and Micro-Uzi! I wouldn't mind it if GTA V wouldn't have this feature.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Only if you can choose. In SR3 once you got duel wield there's no going back. It should be similar to SR2, but you should be able to drop one of the weapons at any point.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Call me crazy but I would love to have the weapon system that was in Max Payne 3. You know, where you could "only" carry a certain number of pistols, rifles and/or heavy artillery. The guns' stashing and drawing mechanism was very well done. The animations were awesome and real.
Maybe for GTA it is somewhat too real since people are used to running around with rocket launchers under their t-shirt, with a pack of 10 rockets just in case

But maybe for the V they're trying a new approach. Since there are 3 characters, you could possibly have 3 different set of tools, and since you switch between the characters you still have access to a larger arsenal than you actually carry (because your character has only 2 arms). R* could introduce more animations to gun drawing and stashing, more gun holsters and what not (maybe one at the leg/ankle) so you can carry more guns.

Anyway, dual wielding should definitely be available. You have 2 arms, so you should be to hold 2 guns. Not implementing earlier shooting mechanics as seen in RDR or MP3 would be a let down if you ask me. Yes GTA is supposed to be different from a shooter but come on, third person shoot-outs have never been more fun than in RDR or MP3 (or Max Payne 1 & 2). We need that kind of action for the V too. Yes the game should be all about the setting, the story, the characters etc....but the action parts gotta be SPOT ON aswell. And GTA IV, now in retrospective that RDR and MP3 have been made, it does lack a little in terms of depth and immersion in shootouts, in my opinion at least.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

I'd love to have it, but not like in San Andreas or Saints Row 3 where you can't go back to single weapons once you unlock duel wield. It should be like Max Payne 3.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

If they implement DW and they work the same as the system in MP3, I ain't setting a foot in multiplayer.

Revolver in one hand and an auto SMG in the other for the win sarcasm.gif Maybe an auto-grenade launcher mounted on each shoulder too?

Benz030
  • Benz030

Mr Gentleman

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

dual wield works for Franklin for me but Michael and Trevor, I prefer them with a rifle

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

No. mad.gif
For Max it was cool, but for Franklin, Michael or Trevor, no.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (tenpennyisplainevil @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 16:57)

Says you

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 13:58)
Call me crazy but I would love to have the weapon system that was in Max Payne 3. You know, where you could "only" carry a certain number of pistols, rifles and/or heavy artillery. The guns' stashing and drawing mechanism was very well done. The animations were awesome and real.
Maybe for GTA it is somewhat too real since people are used to running around with rocket launchers under their t-shirt, with a pack of 10 rockets just in case

But maybe for the V they're trying a new approach. Since there are 3 characters, you could possibly have 3 different set of tools, and since you switch between the characters you still have access to a larger arsenal than you actually carry (because your character has only 2 arms). R* could introduce more animations to gun drawing and stashing, more gun holsters and what not (maybe one at the leg/ankle) so you can carry more guns.

Anyway, dual wielding should definitely be available. You have 2 arms, so you should be to hold 2 guns. Not implementing earlier shooting mechanics as seen in RDR or MP3 would be a let down if you ask me. Yes GTA is supposed to be different from a shooter but come on, third person shoot-outs have never been more fun than in RDR or MP3 (or Max Payne 1 & 2). We need that kind of action for the V too. Yes the game should be all about the setting, the story, the characters etc....but the action parts gotta be SPOT ON aswell. And GTA IV, now in retrospective that RDR and MP3 have been made, it does lack a little in terms of depth and immersion in shootouts, in my opinion at least.

All of this. icon14.gif icon14.gif

The more I think about it, the more I want MP3's weapon system. I really enjoyed choosing what weapons to carry in MP3. This system would work even better with GTA V because you could store guns in your car, duffel bag/backpack, and/or additional holsters etc. The multiple protagonist aspect could be pretty cool as well. I think each character should get access to the same weapons, but I would like to choose what weapons they each take on various missions. This could really add depth to the game IMO.

I also think it would be cool if we could have some type of weapons storage room in each character's house.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 18:11)

Says you

Yes, that's I'm saying. Got a problem with that? cool.gif

rsgtafan
  • rsgtafan

Aka SenseiKOFF

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Trevor with two AK's would be cool.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Hydro_PlayboyX @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 10:59)
only if its optional

icon14.gif I hated in San Andreas that it wouldn't give you the option of dual wielding.

vincentmillidge
  • vincentmillidge

vincent millidge III

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

yeah but as an optional extra,

as far as the number of weapons a player can carry discussion I dont know if limiting the number of weapons would work so well with gta, but if it did happen or just for the alternative weapons ie AK47 - Assault Rifle Id love to see this GTA make use of car trunks/boots so (if the number of weapons was decreased) the larger/extra weapons were accessible from the boot/trunk.....

perhaps hold alls could be used also (dont really fancy having to run about with one of them all the time tho)

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:21 PM Edited by gionascm2, 29 December 2012 - 09:24 PM.

If it was in the game, there should be certain principals pertaining to it, such as:

-You pick up the second weapon on the ground (you cannot purchase it)
-Increased recoil (decreased accuracy)
-Once dual wielding, you are somewhat limited with your actions. No switching weapons, climbing walls, or using cover as effectively.
-You can drop the 2nd weapon at any time via button press, or doing the unallowed actions listed above.
-Double damage (since you're firing them simutaniously)
-Slower reload
-Everything except heavy weapons can be dual wielded. Even AR's, but it would be extremely innacurate and there would be a chance of falling down.

It shouldn't be something extremely sought after, but more of a last resort, to look cool, or to just completely storm right in and rush the enemies.

These are my ideas so that it doesn't end up too over-the-top. I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun to have only benefits and no drawbacks like in SA, but I'd like GTAV to be grounded.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 21:21)
If it was in the game, there should be certain principals pertaining to it, such as:

-Once dual wielding, you are somewhat limited with your actions. No switching weapons, climbing walls, or using cover as effectively.
-You can drop the 2nd weapon at any time via button press, or doing the unallowed actions listed above.
-Slower reload

It shouldn't be something extremely sought after, but more of a last resort, to look cool, or to just completely storm right in and rush the enemies.

These are my ideas so that it doesn't end up too over-the-top. I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun to have only benefits and no drawbacks like in SA, but I'd like GTAV to be grounded.

Very well said. I agree.

It would also be good if dual weilding was like True Crime: Streets of LA. Being able to wield a AK-47 in one hand and a Pump Action Shotgun in the other would be great. Then again some may say its "unrealistic", which is understandable.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 16:24)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 21:21)

-Slower reload

Very well said. I agree.

It would also be good if dual weilding was like True Crime: Streets of LA. Being able to wield a AK-47 in one hand and a Pump Action Shotgun in the other would be great. Then again some may say its "unrealistic", which is understandable.

Thanks smile.gif As far as that kind of dual wielding, I think it would be possible. Just like the last principal I edited into my last post, you should be able to wield even AR's at the cost of even more drastic drawbacks. And Max Payne 3 managed to do mix-and-match dual wielding, so I think that should also be possible.

Dual wielding is a very intricate feature to impliment, though, as there's no shortage of debate surrounding it. If I'm honest, I don't even see Rockstar implementing dual wielding in GTAV, at least not in the Single Player portion. But hey, there's submarines in the game, so we still have some hope! tounge.gif

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (tenpennyisplainevil @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 17:43)
QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 18:11)

Says you

Yes, that's I'm saying. Got a problem with that? cool.gif

Nuh just sayin

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

I imagine dual wielding IRL and see someone shooting like this, but with two guns.

user posted image

In a game series that is getting more and more realistic each game, dual wielding, and actually shooting properly, would look very out of place. Wouldn't want it.

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 21:32)
I imagine dual wielding IRL and see someone shooting like this, but with two guns.

In a game series that is getting more and more realistic each game, dual wielding, and actually shooting properly, would look very out of place. Wouldn't want it.

I really doubt R* wants to be more realistic as IV, they saw that it failed so they are going into a "middle term" a bit of realism but more fun factor

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 21:29)
Dual wielding is a very intricate feature to impliment, though, as there's no shortage of debate surrounding it. If I'm honest, I don't even see Rockstar implementing dual wielding in GTAV, at least not in the Single Player portion. But hey, there's submarines in the game, so we still have some hope!  tounge.gif

Well, they said they built a new engine for the V right? While they're at it they could and probably will combine all the great achievements from earlier games and put it into one package. Maybe they cooked up something like R.A.G.E. 3.0.
R* always adds or further develops stuff on top of the existing stuff so the immersion gets deeper and deeper. So why not use GTA's World, combine it with RDR's environment mechanics and add MP3's detail in gunplay? Just without the bullet time effect and shoot-dodging. Lying prone on the floor should be available. That whole 360 aiming aspect, that liberty to aim where you please while movig that was in MP3 should be in the V aswell.

Maybe that's more detailed shooting mechanics than seen before in a GTA, but why not?!

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (matajuegos @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 21:43)

I really doubt R* wants to be more realistic as IV, they saw that it failed so they are going into a "middle term" a bit of realism but more fun factor

Show me where R* acknowledged GTA IV, the company's most profitable game this gen and arguably the second most successful overall in its 15 year history, "failed." IV's failings had nothing to do with realism and everything to do with variety. Holding back vital features for DLC hurts the fun factor, not realism. I can't stress enough that realism and fun are not mutually exclusive. That's one of the most moronic myths I see regurgitated on these forums again and again and again...

That said, dual wielding is stupid in real life and unnecessary in a game where there will already be more weapons, vehicles, and environments than its predecessors. As long as it is not mandatory (like when you have a high enough skill in SA), then I won't mind. Otherwise, hell to the no.

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 22:39)
QUOTE (matajuegos @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 21:43)

Show me where R* acknowledged GTA IV, the company's most profitable game this gen and arguably the second most successful overall in its 15 year history, "failed." IV's failings had nothing to do with realism and everything to do with variety. Holding back vital features for DLC hurts the fun factor, not realism. I can't stress enough that realism and fun are not mutually exclusive. That's one of the most moronic myths I see regurgitated on these forums again and again and again...

That said, dual wielding is stupid in real life and unnecessary in a game where there will already be more weapons, vehicles, and environments than its predecessors. As long as it is not mandatory (like when you have a high enough skill in SA), then I won't mind. Otherwise, hell to the no.

Yeah, dual wielding is stupid in real life, but this is a game, and I doubt that it would be mandatory, that would suck I agree with you

BohanBrawler
  • BohanBrawler

Neighborhood Sniper

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

dual wield ftw! but i think rockstar won't take too much from max payne 3. it would make max payne 3 obsolete.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Only if unlike San Andreas you can drop one of them, then yes, I'd love it.

I'd use it allot but sometimes it's nice to have the option for only one.

sivaG
  • sivaG

Mike D Santa

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I hope so... San Andreas had that..so why not in V?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users