Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are you an organ donor? Cremation or burial?

80 replies to this topic
Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Jay @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 22:56)
No sense making the lives of ~10 people needlessly shorter when you die. I want as much of me chopped up and put in other people. Corneas, skin, heart, lungs, liver, anything that is still usable.

Cremate whats left, stick that in the ground.

I've told my family I'll haunt the sh*t out of them if they nix my wishes (apparently even if you're on the register and done all the legalities right, all it takes is a sentimental next of kin to stop your organs being donated[?])

I have to agree with this. Caring that much about your body and what happens to it after you're dead is kinda selfish, I will be happier knowing that my organs would be helping other people. no offence to anyone, just my opinion. smile.gif

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 07:51)
Why do we even give people the option? If you're dead we can do whatever we damn well please with your corpse.

No you can't? That's the whole point of being an organ donor or not...

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Ok, that's a stupid question, but I have to ask: is the body totally dead (i mean, everything is shut off for good) when they start the transplant? Or the heart and the organs MUST be kept "alive" (often with the help of the artificial life support)?

It's a point that I still can't understand.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Answer me this: What do I get in return?
I don't believe in souls or Heaven or good and evil. I believe in material gain, doing things because I want something back in return. Explain to me how helping a stranger will give me any reward in the here and now. And not some sentimental notion of 'doing the right thing'. I'm speaking about a tangible, REAL reward for letting people cut my corpse up.
Will I never have to pay rent again? Will I be absolved from paying Council Tax? Will I be given a mansion or a sports car or anything else?
That is the only way I'd ever agree to letting someone do that to my body. If it ensured that my life now was made as comfortable as possible.

We give the government our body, they give us a free ride. If they're not prepared to do that then they and the combined disease-ridden charity cases can take a running jump. Life is cheap and by that same logic I would be willing to sell my body once I no longer needed it.
But doing it for nothing? Good Lord, what idiocy, what complete idiocy.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 20:41)
I don't believe in souls or Heaven or good and evil. I believe in material gain, doing things because I want something back in return. Explain to me how helping a stranger will give me any reward in the here and now. And not some sentimental notion of 'doing the right thing'. I'm speaking about a tangible, REAL reward for letting people cut my corpse up.
Will I never have to pay rent again? Will I be absolved from paying Council Tax? Will I be given a mansion or a sports car or anything else?
That is the only way I'd ever agree to letting someone do that to my body. If it ensured that my life now was made as comfortable as possible.

We give the government our body, they give us a free ride. If they're not prepared to do that then they and the combined disease-ridden charity cases can take a running jump. Life is cheap and by that same logic I would be willing to sell my body once I no longer needed it.

Typhus, dude when are you going to stop f*cking around and really start working on becoming the most awesome benevolent dictator ever. I will be your first disciple if you don't have 12 already.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 19:06)
You'll be awaiting your dissection in a meat freezer with a simple number on your toe while the pessimistic, selfish, moronic people like ourselves are either buried in peace or cremated chilling on a mantle or floating down the river or blown in the wind.

Even if his brain is dead, the body needs to be kept alive in order for the organs to be viable for transplant. In other words, he will be laying in a hospital bed until everything about the transplant has been organized and his organs can be taken out. You on the other hand, which they have no use for, will be stuffed in a cooler somewhere until your burial/cremation has been organized, which, y'know, will take a few days. tounge.gif

Trying to lighten the mood here, this has turned into quite a heated debate.

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:56 PM Edited by matajuegos, 29 December 2012 - 10:00 PM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 11:21)
QUOTE (matajuegos @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 10:52)
Yes, the  body just feels like 3 seconds of pain and then "shuts off" however,[...]

I don't know about that.
A Semi ran into a toll booth.
The driver was screaming for a good fifteen minutes while he burned before he stopped.
The Trooper refused to shoot him.

But it is different, because it's a special oven used for cremation, the temperatures are so f*cking high that pulverizes the body in a a matter of minutes, the body won't feel nothing at all. I'm sure.
And also it's so f*cking scary to "wake up" inside a coffin, believe me, you're lucky if you get a heart attack inside (that would kill you quickly)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (matajuegos @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 21:56)
But it is different, because it's a special oven used for cremation, the temperatures are so f*cking high that pulverizes the body in a a matter of minutes, the body won't feel nothing at all. I'm sure.

The 'ashes', took about 2 hours at near 3000f degrees, are made from the remaining bone fragment sweepings, by being pulverised by a Machine called a Cremulator.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 16:52)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 19:06)
You'll be awaiting your dissection in a meat freezer with a simple number on your toe while the pessimistic, selfish, moronic people like ourselves are either buried in peace or cremated chilling on a mantle or floating down the river or blown in the wind.

Even if his brain is dead, the body needs to be kept alive in order for the organs to be viable for transplant. In other words, he will be laying in a hospital bed until everything about the transplant has been organized and his organs can be taken out. You on the other hand, which they have no use for, will be stuffed in a cooler somewhere until your burial/cremation has been organized, which, y'know, will take a few days. tounge.gif

Trying to lighten the mood here, this has turned into quite a heated debate.

Not quite.. my family is quite hick. We don't do funeral homes and all that fancy sh*t. We die, get low.. life goes on. No sense in trying to preserve the body.. I rather feed the worms, maggots and whatever else feeds on our decaying corpses. But like I said, cremate me, stick me in a bottle, preferably Jack Daniels, Jim Beam or Wild Turkey.. let me cake the bottom of that sh*t and see which family member guzzles down the ashes much like the worm in Tequila. icon14.gif

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 01:11)

The 'ashes', took about 2 hours at near 3000f degrees, are made from the remaining bone fragment sweepings, by being pulverised by a Machine called a Cremulator.

That's nice

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (matajuegos @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 02:23)

That's nice

It's ok to admit you don't know what you're talking about.

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 02:37)
QUOTE (matajuegos @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 02:23)

That's nice

It's ok to admit you don't know what you're talking about.

The point is that cremation is less scarier than being buried alive, there's less risks and the ashes can be spread in your favorite places you visited when you were alive. I don't know buddy, but it's better in my opinion dozingoff.gif

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

But you fail to realize that in both instances you will be completely verified and pronounced as deceased. If your heart stops long enough to be processed, pronounced dead, go through an autopsy, go through a funeral and finally to burial then I'm sure if you ever do come back you'll be completely brain dead which, essential, is practically dead anyway.

I believe the brain can only survive about half an hour with no oxygen (ie your heart stopping, so you're not breathing) and even then you would return with limited function. I would love to see you bring up a real example in the 21st century where someone went from pronounced dead to buried in half an hour. Executions excused.

Also I have no idea how being burned at 1000F for 2 hours then having your bones crushed not as scary, if not scarier, than being buried alive.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 20:41)

Werent you all godly and holier than thou at one point. What significant/ traumatic event happened to change you into this misanthropic self absorbed person you are now.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

I want cremation.
I've heard stories of people waking up during harvesting and that the doctors don't really give a sh*t as long as they get that organ to the recipient.

You may not actually be dead, but that card in your wallet or word from a relative gives them room to make errors and potentially kill you for your organs.

Coat.
  • Coat.

god bless the dead

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

I'm going in a coffin, then taken/shot to space and left floating in the universe... groovy.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by Kifflom112, 04 January 2013 - 04:20 AM.

QUOTE (Jay @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 16:56)
QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 08:18)
I find it demeaning. I want a burial so that my body will decompose and be given to nature as a gift.

Such bullsh*t.

No sense making the lives of ~10 people needlessly shorter when you die. I want as much of me chopped up and put in other people. Corneas, skin, heart, lungs, liver, anything that is still usable.

Cremate whats left, stick that in the ground.

I've told my family I'll haunt the sh*t out of them if they nix my wishes (apparently even if you're on the register and done all the legalities right, all it takes is a sentimental next of kin to stop your organs being donated[?])

dozingoff.gif Bullsh*t?
I'm sorry, but it's MY body, I choose however I want it to be dealt with when I'm "gone".
Call me 'selfish' like I'll care.
Personally, I'd rather be buried like most others in this family.
QUOTE (OdDsOcK)
The more I listen to you non-donor morons, the more I realize how vapid and uninformed you all are. So get on the donor list you vapid, self-involved, uninformed f*cks.

Sir I seriously hope you're joking, lol.

ass reamer
  • ass reamer

Down the punx, up the blowjobs

• The Precinct

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

I'm an organ donor. Upon my death I don't expect much of my body to be usable, but if it is, then have at it. As for what I'd want to happen to my remains, I remember one of my professors a few years back talking about a Scandinavian practice where they plant a tree on top of you that uses your body for nutrients, that seems nice to me.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

I'm an organ donor, but since the gypsy told me I would die in a plane crash I don't see the point anymore sad.gif

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (ass reamer @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 23:19)
I'm an organ donor. Upon my death I don't expect much of my body to be usable, but if it is, then have at it. As for what I'd want to happen to my remains, I remember one of my professors a few years back talking about a Scandinavian practice where they plant a tree on top of you that uses your body for nutrients, that seems nice to me.

Now THAT sounds badass.

xChaos Reigns
  • xChaos Reigns

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

I want to be an organ donor. I also want to be cremated however I DO NOT want my ashes being taken/given to my family. I would prefer they just go to the dump.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users