Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

This is definitely going to come off as me endorsing it, I understand, but just wanted to say the Rockstar shirts are of pretty great quality and better than all the other shirts I have bought. Maybe it's because they're made in North America and not China. So I can see why it cost $20. This is definitely not of average quality.

The design is also pretty cool, I like that the length is taller than your usual t-shirts.

Although I agree, I'll feel like a nerd too walking around in a GTA t-shirt (unless you walk around SoHo, NYC / Edinburgh, Scotland - in which case people will think you're cool).

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:47 PM Edited by kingcs, 28 December 2012 - 09:53 PM.

QUOTE (Topsu @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 21:32)
QUOTE (kingcs @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 23:58)
QUOTE (InfernoV @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 15:36)
LOL who the f*ck would buy this?
I love gta but come on.  You will look like a f*cking nerd and a dickhead!!
Fashion advice- Do not walk around with that on. If you wear it when your asleep okay but otherwise DO NOT WEAR IT

You have TeamMichael in your sig on a video game forum. Yeah, you would know what makes you a nerd.

Why would having a 'TeamMichael' signature make anyone stand out as a nerd on this forum, which visited by people who are more or less nerds all of them?

Point is, people consider Twilight fans nerds because of the TeamJacob fans or whatever there names are. They would see the same with the Team sigs on this forum. Nevermind that, bad example, you probably have no idea what i'm rambling about.

I just disagree with the whole nerd thing. As stated by a couple of posters this is not a everyday shirt. This is the type of shirt you would wear to launch or wear on a quiet evening when your just kicking back playing the game. Almost like sports fans wearing their favorite teams jerseys watching them play. Now, if you were going out to a club and was to wear this, then yes I would consider you a nerd.

And now that I thank about it, even wearing this to a launch where more people would also be wearing them does sound kind of nerdy.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Normally i might agree video games shirts can be lame.

A mass effect shirt? A halo one? For sure, but this is Grand theft auto! The whole world knows it. There is nothing dorky about wearing the shirt and letting people know its on its way!

BenDeR_
  • BenDeR_

Homie

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Topic GTA 2016 [The Next DLC Speculation Thread]

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 21:44)
Although I agree, I'll feel like a nerd too walking around in a GTA t-shirt (unless you walk around SoHo, NYC / Edinburgh, Scotland - in which case people will think you're cool).

This.

I would never wear a Grand Theft Auto V t-shirt nor any other video game t-shirt in public. IMO these are only good for collection purpose.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

I can see wearing it in Los Angeles, especially at Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier or other LA landmarks like Griffith Observatory, just to get immersed in the GTAV mood. And maybe at some pretentious modern art gallery receptions or live music events in West LA.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Although I agree, I'll feel like a nerd too walking around in a GTA t-shirt.

I think a blue T-Shirt with Rockstar North's logo on it would be pretty cool, I'd definitely wear it in public sometimes. Yes, people might think I'm a nerd or something but I don't really care. tounge2.gif

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

The World Has Turned and Left Me Here.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:35 AM Edited by Wheatley, 29 December 2012 - 12:37 AM.

This is definitely going to come off as me endorsing it, I understand, but just wanted to say the Rockstar shirts are of pretty great quality and better than all the other shirts I have bought. Maybe it's because they're made in North America and not China. So I can see why it cost $20. This is definitely not of average quality.

The design is also pretty cool, I like that the length is taller than your usual t-shirts.

You are the bees knees in Edinburgh if you wear a Rockstar Games T Shirt, especially in shops like HMV and GAME. I can't decide to get the "V" logo T Shirt which is more prominent than "Grand Theft Auto V" logo T Shirt.

-Wheatley

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (BenDeR_ @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 16:46)

This.

I would never wear a Grand Theft Auto V t-shirt nor any other video game t-shirt in public. IMO these are only good for collection purpose.

But people can walk around confidently in a New York Yankees or other sports team or athletic-apparel logo t-shirt. GTA IV made more money in one week than the Yankees make in a year.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

The World Has Turned and Left Me Here.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 00:48)
QUOTE (BenDeR_ @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 16:46)

This.

But people can walk around confidently in a New York Yankees or other sports team or athletic-apparel logo t-shirt. GTA IV made more money in one week than the Yankees make in a year.

I saw a guy with a Portal 2 "SPAAAAACE" T Shirt on in IKEA, I recognized it instantly but other people around him didn't point at him or make comments about him behind his back. I also saw someone walk out of Rockstar North wearing a "Zero Punctuation" T-Shirt, looks like someone was a fan. This one.

Regarding your comment though on Sports wear, people believe it to be more "sociably acceptable" than gaming gear, that's just how life is I suppose.

Though I'll definitely wear the T-Shirt on Launch when I pick the game up .

-Wheatley

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

they didn't make it a v neck? for shame

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

I can't afford none of this, I'm f*cking poor and I can't buy almost anything I want.

F U C K !!!

But those tees are pretty lame actually, so not like I'm really craving to have them.

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 17:44)

I totally rock video game t-shirts and other geeky stuff all the time! Superhero shirts, cartoon characters, wrestling shirts and plenty of other silly shirts. Usually just to be different, plus it's cool when people smile or comment on your shirt. Nobody says anything to me when I'm wearing a "normal" shirt. But I throw on a Darkwing Duck shirt and I get a dozen comments a night!

When I wear the shirt below, I always make sure to walk to the right of my friend/girlfriend who I am walking with. Corny and pretty silly, but it makes people smile:
user posted image

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 22:12)
QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 19:32)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 11:47)
I'm sure now V will release march - may!

Why?

Because the magical v-doo shirt told him.

Amen brother.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

That's it? Actually, forget I said that. They do look pretty cool. I'd wear those in college. cool.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I don't mind wearing the Rockstar ones in public because a lot of them actually have pretty good designs to them, hell I always wear the R* Bullet one.

But just the game logo and that's it, I don't usual wear those, seem to plain and basic, I've never wore the GTA3 10th Anniversary one for example.

EverBlazin
  • EverBlazin

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Already bootlegged months ago. They should bring something new.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

You are all insecure. With the sh*t I see people wearing these days, I don't think wearing a GTA V shirt would matter. Plus, who's anyone else to judge.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Wtf I would never wear this shirt even if R* gave it to me for free.
And buying this shirt? For doing marketing for them and pay for that? Really, guys? That's a give-away and nothing else. And 22 Euro for this shirt is really expensive for this probably low quality product.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

With GTA V, they should to a T-shirt with a V neck, then again it will look gay.

Delanto
  • Delanto

That's my line ya' dumb twit!

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 16:48)
I can see wearing it in Los Angeles, especially at Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier or other LA landmarks like Griffith Observatory, just to get immersed in the GTAV mood. And maybe at some pretentious modern art gallery receptions or live music events in West LA.

I'm gonna buy one and wear it around south central and compton to REALLY get the feel! biggrin.gif

xChaos Reigns
  • xChaos Reigns

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

I'm most likely going to buy it. I hope it fits me as well as my Black Ops 2 t-shirt.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Delanto @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 20:55)
QUOTE (saintsrow @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 16:48)
I can see wearing it in Los Angeles, especially at Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier or other LA landmarks like Griffith Observatory, just to get immersed in the GTAV mood.  And maybe at some pretentious modern art gallery receptions or live music events in West LA.

I'm gonna buy one and wear it around south central and compton to REALLY get the feel! biggrin.gif

Don't forget visiting Ammunation before unless you got an unlimited health hack. wink.gif

JohnMcClane2078
  • JohnMcClane2078

A little more than Kotex and cotton balls

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Got mine in the mail on Friday.

Aborted_Fetus
  • Aborted_Fetus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Just got mine today. I went with the big V logo because it would have been too similar to my GTA IV shirts if I got the standard one. That and I think it pops more (even if only a handful of people know what it is). To those complaining that it makes you a walking advertisement for Rockstar/GTA, do you only ever wear plain clothes? Even if your clothes only have the logo of a clothing company, you're still advertising for them, r-tard.

XxcamptechxX
  • XxcamptechxX

Bold New Erection

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Funny Story but I work at a Lighting place in NY and Rockstar games sent in some of our product to be repaired. I emailed the dude and said how much I was a fan of the series and whatnot and he emailed back asked for me shirt size and what platform I use lol. Hes sending something hopefully its one of these shirts. His name is Jeff Mayer I have a picture of the email but I cant figure out how to post jpegs on here its annoying

tomtom555
  • tomtom555

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

user posted image

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

^Legit, just saw R* post it on Facebook.

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I have that shirt already.

Anyway Cover reveal tomorrow is pretty much CONFIRMED!!!111

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (lefantome @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 19:32)
I have that shirt already.

Anyway Cover reveal tomorrow is pretty much CONFIRMED!!!111

HOW?

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Aborted_Fetus @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 17:15)
Just got mine today. I went with the big V logo because it would have been too similar to my GTA IV shirts if I got the standard one. That and I think it pops more (even if only a handful of people know what it is). To those complaining that it makes you a walking advertisement for Rockstar/GTA, do you only ever wear plain clothes? Even if your clothes only have the logo of a clothing company, you're still advertising for them, r-tard.

The difference is, you're a walking pussy repellant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users