Photo

So erm... I need to make money.

70 replies to this topic
S5L3T0
  • S5L3T0

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Sell weed you lazy sh*t, that much a week is a luxury, especially when you're 16. You obviously have time on your hands, and if getting money for doing nothing isn't good enough for you, i dont think a job is what you would want.

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

wow when I was a kid I only got about $200 dollars a year. $100 at Christmas and $100 on my birthday. I know stuff cost more these days but that should still be a lot of money. I mean if I had that much money when I was younger I would have been the richest kid in school. I could buy whatever i wanted and still have plenty of money left over. Anyway I would say try your best to get a legitimate job.

The Dictator
  • The Dictator

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Who doesn't? Do you think you need money now? Wait until you start paying taxes.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:18 PM Edited by WF the Hobgoblin, 27 December 2012 - 11:21 PM.

When I was a kid, I got 1 a week pocketmoney from the age of about 11 up until I was 16. I also got money on my birthday (about 40 - 100), and holiday money (20 - 40) a few times a year. Apart from necessities like food, clothes etc, my parents only bought me presents at birthdays and christmas. We were never poor either.

Somehow I managed to resist the urges to break the law.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:34 PM Edited by zoo3891, 28 December 2012 - 08:11 AM.

OP, money isn't everything and you certainly shouldn't be worried about it at this point in your life. Try being happy with what you have, and if you really need extra money get an honest job, probably manual labor like people are suggesting.

I finally understand why people turn to crime from such a young age.

No, you don't. People turn to crime out of necessity. If you put yourself in a position where you can be arrested just because you want new clothes and sh*t (and just after christmas even) then you're an idiot.

Stig
  • Stig

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Just a tip. Where you apply isn't just going to call you (unless you get lucky) you have to CALL THEM. Show them you want the job, show them you're eager to work. You don't just "get a job". It's a competition, and you have to fight for it. Just throw in an application and look the other way and so will the company you're applying to.

Show some initiative, start working hard, and make the loot.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Lie, beg, borrow and steal.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

30 a week isn't really all that much. Granted OP is still only 16 and living at home, he is showing initiative to earn an honest living which can't be said about his lowlife friends.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Thursday, Dec 27 2012, 19:31)
When I was your age I would mow the neighbors grass for some extra cash. Also, me and my friends would donate plasma, and get like $50. You can only do that 12 times a year though.

Plasma? you should be able to do that at-least once a week.

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

When I was your age, I had about a tenner a week. I survived. How can you not get by on thirty?

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

I'm 17 at the moment and have been dead broke for a few months, generally scraping along as I'm in college and the workload means I'd rather be short on cash then forego my education / social life / little free time I have left for a part time job. I had one in summer however; this is what I'd recommend to you. Rather than applying to large companies try small local ones like cafes, restaurants etc.

But I don't see why you absolutely need one - you're given 30 a week, far more cushy than me - I've never had any pocket money and had to graft for what I get. Whatever you're spending it on, prioritise and transfer those funds to clothing, booze, whatever it is you want at this age. I don't know what you're squandering it on but stop.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (El Zilcho @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 02:44)
I'm 17 at the moment and have been dead broke for a few months, generally scraping along as I'm in college and the workload means I'd rather be short on cash then forego my education / social life / little free time I have left for a part time job. I had one in summer however; this is what I'd recommend to you. Rather than applying to large companies try small local ones like cafes, restaurants etc.

But I don't see why you absolutely need one - you're given 30 a week, far more cushy than me - I've never had any pocket money and had to graft for what I get. Whatever you're spending it on, prioritise and transfer those funds to clothing, booze, whatever it is you want at this age. I don't know what you're squandering it on but stop.

I too need a job. I'm going to apply for a job as a dishboy in the new year. I live in Mississauga, a vast "suburban" city just west of Toronto. It's a fairly large city that has a lot of commercial establishments ranging from mom and pop restaurants to chain "eat in" restaurants to fast food joints scattered literally all over the place with managers that are always claiming to be looking for "help".

As a result, one would not think that finding your average "sh*tty" teenager job would be that difficult. Some of my friends strongly beg to differ. I have had virtually no help in looking for a job (although I do have my resume finished). Right now, my biggest priority is finding a Co-Op position at a local appliance repair joint that I was recently told is available and it's very difficult for me to find a Co-Op job and a paid job at the same time.

BTW: Co-Op is a program offered at my high school that allows students (one of which would be me) to earn community service hours by getting a "job". My school board and possibly the entire province of Ontario has a mandate in effect requiring students to earn a certain number of community service hours in order to graduate, although I keep forgetting how many. The job positions that everyone opts for are usually your typical "sh*tty" teenager jobs, the only difference is that the only way that your being paid is not in money, but in the form of the privilege to graduate from high school.

 dice
  •  dice

Always rolling

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Server SAMP 2009

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 01:34)
I finally understand why people turn to crime from such a young age.

No, you don't. People turn to crime out of necessity. If you put yourself in a position where you can be arrested just because you want new clothes and sh*t (and just after christmas even) then you're an idiot.

They turn to crime because they can. A lot of local drug dealers have normal jobs, yet they still sell stuff for extra profit.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:34 AM Edited by zoo3891, 28 December 2012 - 08:39 AM.

@^- Dice -> - I didn't really take dealers into consideration when I said that, and that, if anything, is what OP would probably end up doing if he turned to illegal methods. I'll keep my point for most other criminal activity, and still, if a legal 'clean' job is available it'd be pretty dumb to turn to selling if you're making enough to sustain yourself, and the OP has parents that keep him alive.

But if he thinks it's worth it to sell then who am I to tell him that he shouldn't?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 04:49)
What's wrong with 30 a week?

I find this really wrong, depending on what lifestyle you live. I need like a minimum of $100 per week for me to survive.

I never really understood why is it so hard to find a job. The current job I have is pretty sweet. Earn about $1600 per month. Eh not sure whether you guys heard of this brand of clothes, but I am currently working at Diesel.

I just walked into their headquarters, asked for an interview, immediately said I could start right away and tada! I have a job! An easy one at that. Interacting with customers is my specialty and since on most days my store gets very little customers, I basically am not working while working. Sure there's folding clothes and stock checking but those are piss easy.

So yeah, I really don't get my people at my age find it hard to earn that money. Find a job, it's easy.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

When I was 16, I only got lunch money and money I got from my relatives each New Year's Day.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (RadioIsotope @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 16:09)
Just a tip. Where you apply isn't just going to call you (unless you get lucky) you have to CALL THEM. Show them you want the job, show them you're eager to work. You don't just "get a job". It's a competition, and you have to fight for it. Just throw in an application and look the other way and so will the company you're applying to.

Show some initiative, start working hard, and make the loot.

Yeah I am sick of kids saying they can't find a job when they live in a city, it's because they're not going about it properly.

When you apply go in, ask for an interview, then tell them you're young, but you want to work hard and get into the workforce, and work properly, don't be a little bitch and slack off.

Getting a job now is a good idea though, even if you don't need the money it's gonna make it 100x easier when you finish school to get a good job, nothing.worse than an employer seeing an adult.who's never had a job,.makes you look slack, Less people will hire you.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Sell heroin man.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

OP, you are what's wrong with this generation. You live rent-free with free food, get 30 a week for doing f*ck all but you are considering 'turning to crime'? Mate I get 17 a week for getting up at 6AM and doing a paper round, it's not very hard but I get less money than you for actually doing work. Get a grip son, save your 30 a week and you'll have plenty of money for a 16 year old. You're going to have a hell of a shock going out into the world when you don't have mummy and daddy for support.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

You should steal a 4x4 and ram raid a jewelery store OP, it's easy bro.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Slingaa is right. The least you can do is to at least attempt to find a job. Your do yourself a lot of good if you lose the entitlement mentality. Money is a precious luxury that should be earned, not taken.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Change your name to Mony Tontana and start a cocaine empire.

Look on Amazon for how to books.

Sckarface
  • Sckarface

Live life to the fullest.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Ahhh the GTAForum never fails to amuse me lol.gif and to the people that are saying 30 a week is a lot... Half of it goes to travel... The rest goes to food and drinks, but I think I should apply for the government funded financial aid thing that I can apply to in my college, since my parents do earn under the yearly salary needed for the funding.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 07:21)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Thursday, Dec 27 2012, 19:31)
When I was your age I would mow the neighbors grass for some extra cash. Also, me and my friends would donate plasma, and get like $50. You can only do that 12 times a year though.

Plasma? you should be able to do that at-least once a week.

Well yeah, but only for 12 weeks then. Here in Indiana you are only allowed to do it 12 times a year.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

30 pounds a week is bad now!!!? wow.gif . I get 25 pounds a week but I am 19 and working part time on top of that when im not in college.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Telling this kid to sell drugs is THE dumbest advice. You'll end up in jail or dead. Look, you're 16 years old, which is still very young, and selling drugs at this age, everybody will take advantage of you.

When I was 16, I was a busboy at a few local restaurants. You're not expected to make tons of money when you are 16. Just do good in school, go to a good college, and thats where you start the CAREER you want. Maybe even a trade school.

But for right now your main focus should be doing good in school. Go around to your local restaurants or grocery stores, they're sh*tty jobs but lets be honest, you're not going to get much at 16.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Sckarface @ Thursday, Dec 27 2012, 20:27)
People around me, including my friends are making money illegally, such as fraud, robbing etc. and I try my best not to get involved, but at times I feel like giving in sad.gif .

Get a f*cking grip.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Sckarface @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 15:55)
I think I should apply for the government funded financial aid thing that I can apply to in my college, since my parents do earn under the yearly salary needed for the funding.

You can get the grant if the total income in your household is less than 25,000 a year and I believe it applies to college to. If your parents earn less than that and pay you 1560 a year for doing nothing, you should be a lot more grateful. But yeah, if you are in college and meet the criteria it's a no brainer to apply for the grant.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Sckarface @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 14:55)
Ahhh the GTAForum never fails to amuse me lol.gif and to the people that are saying 30 a week is a lot... Half of it goes to travel... The rest goes to food and drinks, but I think I should apply for the government funded financial aid thing that I can apply to in my college, since my parents do earn under the yearly salary needed for the funding.

Food, drink and travel is all you need, you're not broke at all.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

That's 1560 a year that's more than sufficient for someone of your age.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users