Photo

What is up with Trevor?

57 replies to this topic
I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Hey guys, I've just watched the 1st trailer again for the first time in months, thinking that maybe with everything we know now, some of the things in it would make more sense, and I realized there's no trace of Trevor's existence at all. If you look at the heist scene, where the three guys should be the three protagonists, one can clearly identify Franklin in the left and Michael in the right:

user posted image

But, shouldn't the guy in the middle be Trevor? You can tell he's not, only by looking at his hair. That guy is just a placeholder, your stereotypical white adult male that was put there because they knew they would make three protags. Now, I remember that in the GI article, Trevor was said to be the last one added, so I would assume that at the point the 1st trailer was made, that character was still not created. It's funny to note how, with a 1st trailer perspective, he's just kind of a foreign guy to the game, and by November 2011 he wasn't even in it. Which reveals that, by that time, the storyline wasn't created yet (how could it be with a protag missing!), so it must have been finished only recently.

On a side note, how can it be that they could make the whole scripts and coding for the missions only between the completion of the storyline plot and the release? Isn't that too rushed for what should be the best videogame plot ever?

Post your thoughts cool.gif

Bluepolitician
  • Bluepolitician

FPSPolitician

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

Dude there was a lot of detail missing from that year old trailer. And how do you clearly know that's Franklin? Because he is black? You are ignorant man. They make aesthetic changes to the game until release- atleast rockstar does.

Bluepolitician
  • Bluepolitician

FPSPolitician

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

And writing that script probabaly takes ages bro they can't just change that in a year.

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

For the 23434th time.....FRANKLIN WAS IN THE DRIVERS SEAT OF THE VAN. smile.gif

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (Bluepolitician @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 06:19)
Dude there was a lot of detail missing from that year old trailer. And how do you clearly know that's Franklin? Because he is black? You are ignorant man. They make aesthetic changes to the game until release- atleast rockstar does.

So many detail missing that he passes from being almost bald to having so much hair? I don't think so. And yes he's Franklin just because he's black, because that picture shows the protags, and black + protag = Franklin.

@Sizeway proof?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

oh my god,

how many times has this been brought up?

rdemel
  • rdemel

R_ de_ Mel

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

no that is not a beta version of trevor.... it is another character.
Just because you see 3 people in the mission does not mean i is 3 protagonists....
Rockstar did say many missions will be single protagonists alone, 2 protagonists, or all 3. In the screen you provided it is a mission with only 2 of the protagonists. Besides trailer one was mainly los santos based. Trevor lives outside los santos in the desert surrounding areas.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

Might seem a little dumb, but who was the 'hispanic' man seen running in the first trailer? Did we ever find out?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Its obvious that they had decided that Franklin and Michael were going to be the two leads at the time of the first trailer but then they came up with Trevor and shoe horned him into the story for the second trailer.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Yeah. He first appeared in that artwork or the screenshot of him on the jet ski. At first everyone was like "who the f*ck is the hillbilly?" Now he is one of everyone's favorites. I had no idea what they were doing with the story until they created his character.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (MikeMyth @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 19:56)
Yeah. He first appeared in that artwork or the screenshot of him on the jet ski. At first everyone was like "who the f*ck is the hillbilly?" Now he is one of everyone's favorites. I had no idea what they were doing with the story until they created his character.

It was going to be built around Michael teaching Franklin about the life of crime and how to reach the top, then they shoehorned in Trevor as an afterthought because they thought two wasn't enough, which is why you can't see him in anything before that jetski pic or the first trailer. I can guarantee Trevor will have not as much to do with the overarching plot as M and F will.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (MikeMyth @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 06:56)
Yeah. He first appeared in that artwork or the screenshot of him on the jet ski.

I think he first appeared a couple of months earlier, in the August screens, firing at a helicopter.

Also, while we might not have seen him directly in trailer 1, we might have seen some hints, like that biplane dusting that weed farm, or that car that had been set on fire.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Staten @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 01:59)

I think he first appeared a couple of months earlier, in the August screens, firing at a helicopter.

Yep

http://www.rockstarg...s/screenshot/81

Bluepolitician
  • Bluepolitician

FPSPolitician

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (Sizeway @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 06:23)
For the 23434th time.....FRANKLIN WAS IN THE DRIVERS SEAT OF THE VAN. smile.gif

There is no one in the driver seat of that van you f*cking retard. And i highly doubt that you are going to be stealing sh*t with a bunch of different people. C'mon these guys are smart and work together just like Neil McCauly's crew in the movie Heat.

oblivionskate
  • oblivionskate

Ghettotech

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Bluepolitician @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 07:06)
For the 23434th time.....FRANKLIN WAS IN THE DRIVERS SEAT OF THE VAN.  smile.gif

There is no one in the driver seat of that van you f*cking retard. And i highly doubt that you are going to be stealing sh*t with a bunch of different people. C'mon these guys are smart and work together just like Neil McCauly's crew in the movie Heat.

play the video frame by frame there's def someone in the drivers seat

Victim_Crasher
  • Victim_Crasher

lel

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

My Opinion about this :

This is an old memories mission, as you know. They were did a heist in the past
So, i think they looks pretty different

"I wanted to retire from what I was doing,
You know, from that, that line of work,
Be a good guy for once, a family man,"

-Trailer 1

I think it's explained in GI too sarcasm.gif

My second Opinion, the character is still in developing phase tounge2.gif

(Btw this is my opinion, so CMIIW )

OriZarhiKing5
  • OriZarhiKing5

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

For the 23434th time.....FRANKLIN WAS IN THE DRIVERS SEAT OF THE VAN.  smile.gif

You are a stupid idiot, there is someone in the driver's seat so next time shut the f*ck up and check before you are saying something.

Bluepolitician
  • Bluepolitician

FPSPolitician

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

I did check. I watched a slo mo trailer. All you see is Michael knock on the van and two unconfirmed people hop out the back. Next time you check you clown.

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Ignoring the fact that 3 men jump out of the back, who do you think is driving the van? That means there were 4 people featured in this heist. Does that add up to you? The reason you're not seeing Trevor is because there are more people here than just the protags. Maybe Trevor is waiting on the roof with a chopper or something. Maybe he's in the driver's seat. Maybe he's in the passenger seat. We don't know. Don't assume anything.

Bluepolitician
  • Bluepolitician

FPSPolitician

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Have yall ever seen a f*cking heist movie? That van could have been 'parked' in front of that store for a few minutes just as a front. I didn't assume sh*t. But I am smart enough to be able see that there is only three people in the van during the first trailer. I would post the link to the slowed video for you dumb f*cks but i am on an Iphone.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (Sizeway @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 17:23)

Quoted for truth, we had this discussion so so so.so so so.so so many times it's ridiculous.

Edit: wrong screenshot haha, hard tosee the details on my phone.

Bluepolitician
  • Bluepolitician

FPSPolitician

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

Yall are f*cking retarded and think that just because you have been on this forum. I have been lurking on this sh*t for hella and i have seen both trailers more times than all of you. Watch the first trailet and get your facts right insteaf of trying to be a douchebag know-it-all.

thatguy94
  • thatguy94

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

C'mon guys, this is why duchebags on reddit say bad things about this forum.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (thatguy94 @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 03:03)
C'mon guys, this is why duchebags on reddit say bad things about this forum.

Those are the same people that produce the "oh-so-funny" le meme faces and comics. I wouldn't listen to any opinion they have of us.

As for the whole "where's Trevor" argument, there's simply no way to tell. We'll have to wait until the game releases or more footage is shown of the cutscene. You guys are wasting words.

Bluepolitician
  • Bluepolitician

FPSPolitician

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Who cares about what people say about this forum? If this is the forum that you belong to: talking about a video game. That is an extremely sad story. And as for 'wasting words', this is a forum dumbass.

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

user posted image
smile.gif

Bluepolitician
  • Bluepolitician

FPSPolitician

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

That picture doesn't show me sh*t homie.

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (Bluepolitician @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 08:21)

user posted image

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Bluepolitician @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 08:21)

lol no prob. I have watched the trailer slow mo and Franklins head was in fact shown in the van. His head shape and low fade haircut is exactly the same

Bluepolitician
  • Bluepolitician

FPSPolitician

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

And to reiterate. No it wasn't. I hope trying to get this through yalls head will make this game come out sooner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users