Trouble getting a stunt jump on mobile version

10 replies to this topic
GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'm having a hard time getting this stunt jump in Little Haiti. Has anyone else made this jump on mobile? Does anyone have any tips? I always end up landing on the sidewalk or right before it, but can't land in the road. I have turned on analog steering so I can lean forward but I still can't make it.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:34 PM Edited by Spuds725, 25 December 2012 - 10:55 PM.

Hey King....

This is the "area" you have to go through to get the jump to register--- this was extracted from the game code on the PC version.... It does not look like you need to land on the road....

I have not attempted that on mobile yet but will give it a try.

http://media.gtanet....images/3639.jpg

//edit//

Just completed it using a freeway motorcycle-- you don't need alot of speed-- I landed not far past the police bribe, still on the roof of that building and it registered. 1 try.

Android version on my Galaxy S3

I'm betting you are going too fast and going "over" the area you need to go through to get it to register.

Spuds

PS.... other jumps are located HERE if you have troubles with any others.... I urge you to keep track of the jumps you have completed.

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:11 AM Edited by GTAking33, 26 December 2012 - 03:23 AM.

Hi, Spuds, I miss ya.

I have done this jump somewhere around a hundred times and it still hasn't worked. I've landed on the roof, I've landed on the grass, I've landed on the sidewalk, and I've landed in other places. I've used the PCJ, Angel, Freeway, Cheeta, Voodoo. Nothing is working. I don't know what to do, I think it's the game, I'm using my iPhone. I've read that you can download saves, do you think I could upload my save somewhere, then you can download it, complete the jump, then send it back to me?

If this is possible and you are willing to do it, you will have to tell me how, because I don't know.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

With that many tries... Are you sure you are missing that one?

I'm not sure if the save files are compatible... Ios to android i mean.

You can try to upload it... The gtasnp site checks the file size as well as the name of file..... I had to rename a file from gta3sf#.b to gtavcsf#.b (where # is the save slot #)

If you dont have another place to host it, host it at gtasnp.com/home using the renaming scheme above.(change 3 to vc)

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

if thiss was complete,the system will message you"you have completed this stunt"

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (skyfamster @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 02:22)
if thiss was complete,the system will message you"you have completed this stunt"

That is a definite change from earlier versions of vc.... I have repeated a few jumps and haven't seen that, perhaps i didn't "repeat" them correctly.... Are you on ios version?

I have only completed 10 of the jumps so far... Having a bit ofa problem controlling bike... Pcj playground should be fun. suicidal.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 15:30)
I have only completed 10 of the jumps so far... Having a bit ofa problem controlling bike... Pcj playground should be fun. suicidal.gif

Try to use analog sterring on bike, it will be easier.

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

In a surprising turn of events, I wasn't even missing this jump. suicidal.gif It's odd because I never remembered getting this one and the "Jump Already Completed" never came up even once like I was expecting. I now have all the jumps and packages. Now I just got to finish up the rampages.

Thanks for the help anyways. icon14.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:06 PM Edited by Spuds725, 26 December 2012 - 10:13 PM.

Glad I couldn't help tounge.gif

@ City poker-- I'm using analog steering--- issue is a combination of things--- my deteriorating eyesite, an occasional bit of "lag" when I play, ill-timed traffic cutting in front of me, I've noticed the lag is exascerbated when I turn up video settings-- even just draw distance-- with draw distance on low the stairs that you jump on are spawning late in my approach to the jump.... and the just squirelliness of the PCJ bike in general....

Thinking this over-- I may start the mitch baker missions so I can jack the "super" angel in "alloy wheels of steel" race and use this for the jumps and races-- on PS2 version anyway, it made things alot easier.

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 22:06)
Glad I couldn't help tounge.gif

@ City poker-- I'm using analog steering--- issue is a combination of things--- my deteriorating eyesite, an occasional bit of "lag" when I play, ill-timed traffic cutting in front of me, I've noticed the lag is exascerbated when I turn up video settings-- even just draw distance-- with draw distance on low the stairs that you jump on are spawning late in my approach to the jump.... and the just squirelliness of the PCJ bike in general....

Thinking this over-- I may start the mitch baker missions so I can jack the "super" angel in "alloy wheels of steel" race and use this for the jumps and races-- on PS2 version anyway, it made things alot easier.

I actually find it easier without analog steering on. There isn't much need for it except for doing wheelies, stopies, and leaning forward for speed, which you don't really need to do for (most of) the jumps.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

I stand corrected-- just got the "stunt jump already completed" message on one of the ocean beach alley jumps that I repeated... on Android.

There must be some "buggy-ness" going on with the jumps... on several I hit them pretty good (not perfect) and the game would not go to the "slow-motion" cut scene for them....

I think the Sanchez might have some extra speed or what not also-- doing the Lance Vance Stairway in guardian angels jump-- I landed on top of the police station on a sanchez-- this was one of the ones where it did not go to slow motion--- kind of hard to miss the unique jump "trigger" on that one and still get the distance I got...

I think I prefer the analog steering for bikes...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users