Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

this topic reminds me of Inception.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Weird thing here, most mornings when I don't set an alarm I dream, I know I am dreaming and I control large parts of it, Only just now did I realize It might be lucid dreaming.

See what happens is you like kind of wake up, but you're still actually asleep, it doesn't feel like dreaming, it feels more like day-dreaming, (Your just thinking about sh*t you want to think about.) But this morning in my lucid dreaming I banged this chick I've been wanting to bang for so long because she is so damn hot! And yeah, had a bit of a wet one, then after that I went and did heaps of other stuff that I was in control of, the actual scenario wasn't really my doing though, it felt very real, even though I knew I was asleep, I was carrying old dry planks from a pier and it felt like my hands were drying out and splinter were ready to stab, I also boxed my mate and it actually felt like I was being boxed.

Does that sound like Lucid dreaming to you? I do it, like I said, most morning when I have no alarm, or is it just Day-Dreaming?

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

This isn't lucid dreaming but sleep related.

I always seem to wake up around 9/10 am
But if I set an alarm on my laptop to about 7/8am I always wake up like 30 minutes before the alarm.
And if my laptop happened to reset itself in the night for updates, I still wake up around 30 minutes before the alarm time I set.

Somehow the thought of setting an alarm for a time makes me automatically wake up around that time without needing an alarm at all.

What the f*ck?

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

I remember I was dreaming once that I fell inside a burning building and landed over the flames, and felt the way my body was burning, I felt the heat, and then I woke up sweating, also when you have a lucid dream but with a girl, well you know how this dream ended inlove.gif

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Still no success with this.

When in school, I do reality checks approximately every 45 minutes, sometimes even more often, and when I'm home, maybe every 2 hours. Is this not enough? Do I need to do them more frequently?

Sometimes when I think about my dreams, I realize how much time I had within the dream to realize that I was dreaming and I still didn't manage to do it. Too bad. Eventually, I guess... confused.gif

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (GTAfear @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 20:22)
Still no success with this.

When in school, I do reality checks approximately every 45 minutes, sometimes even more often, and when I'm home, maybe every 2 hours. Is this not enough? Do I need to do them more frequently?

Sometimes when I think about my dreams, I realize how much time I had within the dream to realize that I was dreaming and I still didn't manage to do it. Too bad. Eventually, I guess... confused.gif

Don't do too many reality checks, it has to be something that comes on it's own.
Like, a habit. I only do around 10 reality checks a day, thats more then enough.

Try out different techniques, like WILD,MILD,DILD,WBTB.
I suggest WILD as its pretty awesome haha, goodluck and don't worry about asking for tips :-)

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

When I dream my mind will make up places that are sort of similar to places I've been to before but creates brand new places I've never seen before mixed in. For example, this shopping mall I frequent was in a dream I had once but there was multiple new areas that don't exist in real life. Furthermore, for existing places there are always new editions. Such as the shopping mall example there is a section that doesn't exist being a new floor.

Delving more into my dreams, there seems to be a constant pattern being that most of my dreams are spent trying to purchase objects yet I don't have enough money to do so. Moreover, some other dreams are me leaving behind an important object or losing it and having to retrieve it but I never do in the end. Odd.

One extremely odd dream I once had was myself sitting in a car outside some sort of building. Oddly, I could actually feel the texture of my clothes and it felt like I was actually in my body inside the dream. I could feel my joints and arms move, I could feel the texture of the fabric inside the car and feel myself breathing. Usually, every dream I have is pre-defined meaning I can't feel, touch or run out of breath. I am in some sort of "Auto-Pilot". Even weirder was I could actually hear and speak my consciousness' voice and hear music in my head. I could vaguely remember myself saying something along the lines of "Am I dreaming?" I woke up after this.

I swear to god I'm not making this up. I woke up in a panic because it was a very unusual experience.

-Wheatley

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Wheatley @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 21:42)
When I dream my mind will make up places that are sort of similar to places I've been to before but creates brand new places I've never seen before mixed in. For example, this shopping mall I frequent was in a dream I had once but there was multiple new areas that don't exist in real life. Furthermore, for existing places there are always new editions. Such as the shopping mall example there is a section that doesn't exist being a new floor.

Delving more into my dreams, there seems to be a constant pattern being that most of my dreams are spent trying to purchase objects yet I don't have enough money to do so. Moreover, some other dreams are me leaving behind an important object or losing it and having to retrieve it but I never do in the end. Odd.

One extremely odd dream I once had was myself sitting in a car outside some sort of building. Oddly, I could actually feel the texture of my clothes and it felt like I was actually in my body inside the dream. I could feel my joints and arms move, I could feel the texture of the fabric inside the car and feel myself breathing. Usually, every dream I have is pre-defined meaning I can't feel, touch or run out of breath. I am in some sort of "Auto-Pilot". Even weirder was I could actually hear and speak my consciousness' voice and hear music in my head. I could vaguely remember myself saying something along the lines of "Am I dreaming?" I woke up after this.

I swear to god I'm not making this up. I woke up in a panic because it was a very unusual experience.

-Wheatley

Dreams often have strange patterns, those are some intresting dreams.
Thanks for sharing haha.

It's pretty hard, but if you manage to tell yourself that you are dreaming when you see a shop that doesn't belong there.
It wouldn't be hard to get lucid at all :-)

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

I've been lucid dreaming for around 7 years, but I didn't since 2011. It's awesome to be able to control my dreams. But something really strange happened to me when I was 6 or 7: My mother was talking to me while I was sitting in my bed. It was day. Everything seemed normal. Then, I just blinked, and everything changed: It was night (Around 2am), my mother was not there but I was in the same position. I don't know how this happened, and like every scared child, I pushed my head into my pillow and I felt asleep again. I guess these are hallucinations. I just can't explain it.

Anyway, I stopped doing lucid dreams since 2011 (Around the time I joined the forums). But then, I started doing sleep paralysis. It mostly happened when I wasn't even asleep, when I was lying on my stomach and I had my eyes closed. When I was there, I could hear voices, things moving, animals and a TV. It happened at least 15 times. My mother thought is was astral projection. I don't believe in those things.

I still remember my dreams.I once thought that our dreams could all be set in the same parallel universe. Since then I don't do dumb things when I dream...

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

In love

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

Haven't experienced this for months now, I experienced it twice before, and I would like to experience it again, Is there any nice how-to's?

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 01:24)
Somehow the thought of setting an alarm for a time makes me automatically wake up around that time without needing an alarm at all.

What the f*ck?

Internal body clock, this actually exists.

You know you have to get up at a certain time and your body prepares, most often happens when you're in a regular routine, but it happened to me just this morning without routine. To be fair it always happens to me when i actually have to get up at a certain time.

The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:01 AM Edited by The Armageddon, 23 June 2013 - 11:27 AM.

Sorry for a bump, but I have one question :
Like it is stated in Inception that in a dream, one level below, your mind thinks 20 times faster hence the time in a dream is 20 times more than time in reality..Is it the same in real life ?
I cant explain this so aptly, but I hope you can understand what I mean.
smile.gif

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

I don't think I've ever have a lucid dream, though I've been conscius that I was dreaming plenty of times.

Just wondering, let's say you're experiencing a lucid dream and decide to jerk off, would you be jerking off out of the dream too?

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 07:26)
I don't think I've ever have a lucid dream, though I've been conscius that I was dreaming plenty of times.

Just wondering, let's say you're experiencing a lucid dream and decide to jerk off, would you be jerking off out of the dream too?

Nope. Trust me.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

This caught my interest. Are there any quick tips to lucid dream? I'm not talking of putting an alarm and waking up and all. And what happens if you die in a dream?

The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:00)
This caught my interest. Are there any quick tips to lucid dream? I'm not talking of putting an alarm and waking up and all. And what happens if you die in a dream?

If we die in a dream, we just wake up in reality.
Even I have tried to Lucid dream, but not succeeded yet.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by zoo3891, 23 June 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Good the dream thread is here. I just wrote up a log for a dream I just had a few minutes ago in notepad. It was sort of lucid, I had control over some of it, but it devolved into something that sounds like a bad creepypasta.

(Forgive my awful writing, I'm no good at logging real life stuff confused.gif )

In the dream I felt out of it, sort of like when you wake up early, or when you don't get any sleep. I was walking through a department store with my little sister and mother. They turned to go around a big clothing display, and I wanted to keep my eye on them so I tried to look over the display and to my surprise my entire head (maybe body?) floated up over the display, but I didn't see them. After this I noticed that I had some semblance of control over the dream, so I tried to use it. In my hazy thoughts I got lucid dreaming and astral projection mixed up, so I told myself to fly to [name removed]'s house. I floated up out of the department store and closed my eyes and felt floaty. When I opened them again I was looking at my bedroom ceiling, except there was a strand of long hair in the foreground that belonged to me (and I don't have long enough hair for that right now), but that wasn't important then, I thought I had faild to use my lucidity and woke up. I decided to try to get some sleep and it worked almost immediaely but this time I was in my bed playing Mario 64 DS on my old silver DS lite (that game is broken to the point where it won't work) and it showed me a game over screen that sort of resembled how you'd load games on the original Mario 64. I tried to grasp what was going on but I still felt floaty, I did see that nothing in the game was in English, it wasn't even coherent, one of the buttons had something that sort of looked like "denee." I realized that I was probably having a nightmare about Mario 64 romhacks so I tried to turn off the DS except the switch was stuck. I tried to close the DS but the screen split into two screens, I closed one screen but the other stayed open. I tried to move up off my bed but my hands were stuck together and I didn't think of moving my legs or butt. [edit note: Actually my hands were stuck on the cartridge and I felt like I was being electrocuted by it, and that's what got my hands stuck] I woke up (again?) and still couldn't move and in the DS's place was a very faint [almost invisible] picture of the screen with someone playing Mario 64 (the original, with the chunky textures and the original music). And then I didn't wake up again, either the wake up was real, or that transition was really smooth.

So my question is (more about the beginning), was that the beginning of a lucid dream? I remember telling myself to stop flying and just appear at [that person]'s house, and I did stop flying and appear somewhere else, but it just sprung me into the next part of the dream. Or was it just some trippy dream that tricked me into thinking I had control?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (The Armageddon @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:38)

In normal dreams, we usually wake up.

Anyway, any quick tips guys? not like setting an alarm or anything something simple.

The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 00:11)
QUOTE (The Armageddon @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:38)

In normal dreams, we usually wake up.

Anyway, any quick tips guys? not like setting an alarm or anything something simple.

Dont get me wrong, but the only difference between normal and lucid dreaming is that we are aware and can move freely in the latter one. Nothing else.
Dying in normal dream will be same as dying in a lucid dream, right ? smile.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by zoo3891, 23 June 2013 - 08:06 PM.

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 13:11)

Lick your finger twice and touch the skin on your face right underneath your earlobe before you fall asleep. tounge.gif

Anyway, the key to Lucid Dreaming is awareness. You either build your ability up over time (in ways all of the guides suggest: keep a journal, analyze patterns, etc.) or you can try to make yourself aware when you hit the REM stage. Alarms or timed lights are usually recommended for the latter, maybe get someone to sit by your bed and quietly murmur your name when you reach the REM stage, just find something that won't wake you up, but would be pretty noticeable and irritating to someone trying to get to sleep. It also shouldn't hit you until the REM stage.

e: And Coat. posted a guide on page 2 with simple induction methods that might work.

Why is getting a quiet alarm clock not simple?

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

damn zoo, your scary mario 64 romhack nightmares remind me of me wow.gif

except for me it's racing games and the inability to turn off my console. I remember playing Midnight Club LA, driving a yellow Nissan, then I take this jump and the jump is insanely high and long, then I get a little woried and I try to turn off the console. I press the off button, it turns off then instantly turns back on, and loads up some scary incoherent "tutorial" thing that looked like it was from the 1980s. I don't even know what it was about, but it was scary. I'm in some dark room with the 1980s tutorial, and I just want this to end. It's horrible when you know you're dreaming but you can't wake up or control anything. I tried the usual things, stretching my eyelids in the dream and trying to scream, but it didn't work. After this it changes to some 8 bit world thing with this huge creature chasing me through green hills with game bugs everywhere and it's scary.

Thankfully I no longer have these dreams. When I do dream, it's a lucid one I control (which always starts the same; me running down the stairs, noticing a sign I'm in a lucid dream, and walking outside the house and doing what I wish) and rarely it's a dream I can't control but isn't too scary.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 16:12)
damn zoo, your scary mario 64 romhack nightmares remind me of me wow.gif except for me it's racing games and the inability to turn off my console. I remember playing Midnight Club LA, driving a yellow Nissan, then I take this jump and the jump is insanely high and long, then I get a little woried and I try to turn off the console. I press the off button, it turns off then instantly turns back on, and loads up some scary incoherent "tutorial" thing that looked like it was from the 1980s. I don't even know what it was about, but it was scary. I'm in some dark room with the 1980s tutorial, and I just want this to end. It's horrible when you know you're dreaming but you can't wake up or control anything. I tried the usual things, stretching my eyelids in the dream and trying to scream, but it didn't work. After this it changes to some 8 bit world thing with this huge creature chasing me through green hills with game bugs everywhere and it's scary.

Not really related to the topic, but I accidentally scratched my Midnight Club III disk in just a way so that it wouldn't load the music (the other sounds would play though), and so that some textures were just gray walls/floors. It was probably one of the most unsettling real glitches I've ever encountered, and the game isn't even meant to be scary.

Maybe it's something about video games being interactive only to some degree, like maybe your mind thinks of games as being a prisoner to whatever the game developer puts in the game and having absolutely no control over what happens (and then being a dream that's pumped up to 11 and multiplied by surreal), most video game dreams I've had have been somewhere between off-putting and absolutely terrifying.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

Tell me how to begin, I shall embark on this LUCID DREAMING.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

I think I have a problem with this.

Instead of making reality checks in a dream, I just dream of making them. This also happened last night. I checked my hands (5 fingers, everything seemed normal) and did the "finger through palm" method and then the dream continued as usual. I think this might be because my reality checks in real life aren't mindful enough.

Nevertheless, I'm still on this and believe that I'll make it eventually.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

I've had a lot of lucid dreams with using reality checks, binaural beats and WILD techniques. But that was a long time ago, but it sure was fun! biggrin.gif
You can do everything you want to do in your lucid dream. Everything feels real in your dream, even if you didn't experience it before in real life.

Maybe someday I will start again, I don't have time for lucid dreaming at the moment.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Question for lucid dreamers:

When you have a lucid dream and then wake up in the morning, do you have a feeling that you weren't fully lucid or that you weren't lucid at all and that it was just a normal dream?

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I sometimes dream that I know I am moving, but I just think as if it was real and not a dream. It doesn't hit me to say "Holysh*t, I am dreaming!"

And when I do that I either forget that I am dreaming, or wake up. sad.gif

Also, I read that death is like dreaming. You enter the realm of your mind in which everything is possible. I hope this is true because then all the dreams I had in this world which are impossible will be possible once I am dead! biggrin.gif

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

I've been creating a few Multiverses recently, I swear omnipotence is the greatest part of lucid dreaming, I can create whatever I want to and it's freaking awesome.

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

I'm not sure if this works 100%

But a friend of mine tried it. Drinking apple juice (a lot of it) before going to bed. (5 minutes or so) will give you very vivid dreams and/or make it easier to get lucid. 

Just a fun little tip . 

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Had one lucid dream two nights ago. Same problem as before, when I wake up, I have the feeling like I wasn't really lucid, but only dreaming that I could control my dream. If that makes sense to you guys.

But on the other hand, I noticed my lucid dreams (again, if they're lucid) are becoming a bit longer and I don't wake up as quickly as before. Yaay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users