Photo

Lucid dreaming

95 replies to this topic
DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:17 PM Edited by DestaliusDark, 22 December 2012 - 08:23 PM.

user posted image

Lucid dreaming is where the person who is dreaming, is aware of the fact that he is dreaming, and eventually will be able to take control of his actions and become Lucid. The person will also be able to remember his dreams. Your body will think your awake, but your actually still dreaming. Making everything feel a lot more realistic as you would think..

I myself have been able to Lucid dream.
It is amazing, it feels so real, but its not really happening. It's very strange and interesting, maybe a bit scary.

Though, while its all fun and interesting, it also has its negative sides.
Doing it the wrong way may cause your body to fall into sleep paralysis, this is terrifying and not fun.

Whats your opinion on Lucid dreaming?

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

I remember my dreams, but I don't control them.
I had a dream I got kicked out of a baseball game because I was swearing at the Ump. Lol

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 21:10)
I remember my dreams, but I don't control them.
I had a dream I got kicked out of a baseball game because I was swearing at the Ump. Lol

Haha.
Being in control of dreams is pretty nice though, you could dream like your flying. Since your brain thinks your awake, it all feels very real smile.gif

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

I don't wanna try because I don't want sleep paralysis

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 21:24)
I don't wanna try because I don't want sleep paralysis

The chance of you Getting Sleep paralysis by Lucid dreaming is very low.
There are many techniques for Lucid dreaming, look around a bit and take the one that fits best with you smile.gif

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

I have done alot of research on lucid dreaming. Im going to begin some lucid dream techique practices soon.

There is actually a lucid dreaming app for iphone called dream catcher. Check it out

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (DestaliusDark @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 19:17)
sleep paralysis, this is terrifying and not fun.

What's it like. What's so horrifying about it? confused.gif

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

I never had it but I think it's when you can't move AT ALL. you're body is frozen

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 21:47)
QUOTE (DestaliusDark @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 19:17)
sleep paralysis, this is terrifying and not fun.

What's it like. What's so horrifying about it? confused.gif

Its. Awful. xP
You can't move, talk, scream and most likely see.

Your body will eventually start hallucinating, creating images like Demons
or other scary figures, but because your brain still thinks it's awake, it all feels real.

You will also have feelings, of getting chocked, eaten, punched, something falling on your body, drowning. and more. You cannot stop this until your body is able to move again...

ThirstyHyena
  • ThirstyHyena

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I have had lucid dreams since early childhood, amazing. Although you never move out of your bed, you feel like it's really happening, that's what your mind is telling you. I remember some of the most amazing lucid dreams were those where I was flying above Earth, more like floating. Those dreams draw the same emotions out of you like real-world or however should I call it happenings, whether it's the emotions of joy or the emotions of sadness. It's like a mirror into a another world that gives you free will to do whatever you want. I noticed they happen in the late phase of sleep, usually 5-9 AM for me, and that if I have a joyful lucid dream which they usually are, I'm really gonna feel good and motivated the next day. But sadly I also noticed that as I grow older those lucid dreams get really uncreative and not as thrilling as they were when I was a child, that's obviously gotta do with the creativity fade out that happens with age, at least for me. Our mind is really amazing.

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (ThirstyHyena @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 22:11)
I have had lucid dreams since early childhood, amazing. Although you never move out of your bed, you feel like it's really happening, that's what your mind is telling you. I remember some of the most amazing lucid dreams were those where I was flying above Earth, more like floating. Those dreams draw the same emotions out of you like real-world or however should I call it happenings, whether it's the emotions of joy or the emotions of sadness. It's like a mirror into a another world that gives you free will to do whatever you want. I noticed they happen in the late phase of sleep, usually 5-9 AM for me, and that if I have a joyful lucid dream which they usually are, I'm really gonna feel good and motivated the next day. But sadly I also noticed that as I grow older those lucid dreams get really uncreative and not as thrilling as they were when I was a child, that's obviously gotta do with the creativity fade out that happens with age, at least for me. Our mind is really amazing.

The next time you have a lucid dream.
Try using your wildest imagination to create strange and funky dreams smile.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Can I hear/play/imagine melodies while lucid dreaming?

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 22:34)
Can I hear/play/imagine melodies while lucid dreaming?

Yes, your brain thinks your awake.
Eating, hearing music and feeling things will always feel real.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

me against the world

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:53 PM Edited by Coat., 22 December 2012 - 10:57 PM.

You don't have a lucid dream from a sleep paralysis experience - although upon awakening from one, you may find yourself in paralysis. The chances of having a false awakening is more common than paralysis occuring. Most lucid dreams happen when you are aware you are dreaming, and sleep paralysis isn't involved.

If you have sleep paralysis, you can experience an out-of-body-experience which is similar to a lucid dream. People get confused with the two. They are the same, but how you get there is a whole different story. I have had many lucid dreams and out-of-body-experiences. I actually had one the other night where I was flying over green acres and farmland beside my dog.

AND, every time I have experienced sleep paralysis, it hasn't been a terrible experience. Don't worry about it. It can't hurt you, because you are in control of it the entire time. If you go into the astral feeling worried and scared, then chances are you're going to have a negative experience. Go into the astral without fear, and with certainty.

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Coat. @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 23:53)
You don't have a lucid dream from a sleep paralysis experience - although upon awakening from one, you may find yourself in paralysis. The chances of having a false awakening is more common than paralysis occuring. Most lucid dreams happen when you are aware you are dreaming, and sleep paralysis isn't involved.

If you have sleep paralysis, you can experience an out-of-body-experience which is similar to a lucid dream. People get confused with the two. They are the same, but how you get there is a whole different story. I have had many lucid dreams and out-of-body-experiences. I actually had one the other night where I was flying over green acres and farmland beside my dog.

AND, every time I have experienced sleep paralysis, it hasn't been a terrible experience. Don't worry about it. It can't hurt you, because you are in control of it the entire time. If you go into the astral feeling worried and scared, then chances are you're going to have a negative experience. Go into the astral without fear, and with certainty.

(Did i say you get Lucid dreaming from Sleep paralysis? D: gtg fix that)

Sleep paralysis, might not be that awful for you.
But it is for me, the times it occurred to me it was horrible, but still interesting and special.

Must be awesome, flying with your dog xP
But where you able to control your actions? If not, it doesn't really count as a
lucid dream.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

me against the world

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

But where you able to control your actions? If not, it doesn't really count as a  lucid dream.

I was controlling my flying - banking, rolling, turning, diving.. all of it. It was one of my weakest lucid dreams. I have had stronger ones.

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Coat. @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 00:21)
But where you able to control your actions? If not, it doesn't really count as a  lucid dream.

I was controlling my flying - banking, rolling, turning, diving.. all of it. It was one of my weakest lucid dreams. I have had stronger ones.

Oh god, lovely!
I'm still trying to get myself doing reality checks in Lucid Dreams.
So i can notice i'm dreaming biggrin.gif

ThirstyHyena
  • ThirstyHyena

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (DestaliusDark @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 00:24)

Oh god, lovely!

Whenever I notice I'm dreaming in lucid dreams I wake up tounge.gif . I can still close my eyes and continue with the previous dream scenario but it's not the same, it's like I close my eyes right now and pretend I'm flying.

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (ThirstyHyena @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 00:45)
QUOTE (DestaliusDark @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 00:24)

Oh god, lovely!

Whenever I notice I'm dreaming in lucid dreams I wake up tounge.gif . I can still close my eyes and continue with the previous dream scenario but it's not the same, it's like I close my eyes right now and pretend I'm flying.

If you notice your dreaming, try to stay as calm as possible.
And do not proceed to fly instantly, your brain will get to active and you wake up.
So be like

"Oh, i'm dreaming!" and not like "GEEZUS YAY! IM DREAMING!"

xP

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

I used to naturally have lucid dreams, without any of the "techniques", and I just walked down the street feeling girls' tits, stealing cars and fighting.

Haven't had a lucid dream for months now, they only come if I go to bed early.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

I've tried to lucid dream, but I don't know why I've never felt it cryani.gif

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (HUGOHL @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 01:36)

Keep trying different techniques.
It takes longer for some to learn it.

First of all, try doing reality checks. So it becomes a habit.
Like, 10 times a day is enough. So in your dream one time, youl be asking yourself if your dreaming.

Once you asked this yourself, you've succeeded smile.gif

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Reality checks? What's that?
Sorry, I'm not such a bright human being.

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (HUGOHL @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 01:50)

Pinch your cheek, In dreams you most likly won't feel the pain, IRL you would.

Read a sentence, look away, look back. In dreams it often changes, IRL it won't

Look at the time, Look away/back . In dreams it often changesa lot faster, IRL it won't

Look at yourself in the mirror, In dreams your reflection is blurry, or won't be there.

there are a lot more, but these are easy ones to do smile.gif

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:15 AM Edited by VoiceoftheVoiceless, 23 December 2012 - 01:23 AM.

I have lucid dreams all the time. I had a dream a while back about a library I went into, and it said if you enter this building, you will die. Curiosity got the best of me, so I entered anyway, I peeked in the corner of the door, AND TO MY f*ckING HORROR A ZOMBIE WAS STANDING THERE WATCHING ME WITHOUT EVEN MAKING A SOUND!! GODDAMMMIT!! The rest of the dream involved a zombie invasion. I went home and I had to keep zombies from entering my house, THEY WERE SO f*ckING SCARY, THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE ANY GRUMBLING NOISES LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO! My Uncle came over with a shotgun and started shooting off the zombies 1 by 1, and eventually they ate and killed everyone but me, I turned around and a f*ckING ZOMBIE JUMPED RIGHT ON ME! then I woke up and was sweating like I almost had a Heart Attack.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

me against the world

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

and I just walked down the street feeling girls' tits

Sounds like teenage hormones to me.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Coat. @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 10:25)
and I just walked down the street feeling girls' tits

Sounds like teenage hormones to me.

Hey, tits are tits.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

me against the world

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (DestaliusDark @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 01:00)
QUOTE (HUGOHL @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 01:50)

Pinch your cheek, In dreams you most likly won't feel the pain, IRL you would.

Read a sentence, look away, look back. In dreams it often changes, IRL it won't

Look at the time, Look away/back . In dreams it often changesa lot faster, IRL it won't

Look at yourself in the mirror, In dreams your reflection is blurry, or won't be there.

there are a lot more, but these are easy ones to do smile.gif

Or a simple, yet effective one:

"Am I dreaming?"

@buzbegone: Yes, you have a point.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (DestaliusDark @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 18:43)
QUOTE (HUGOHL @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 01:36)

Keep trying different techniques.
It takes longer for some to learn it.

First of all, try doing reality checks. So it becomes a habit.
Like, 10 times a day is enough. So in your dream one time, youl be asking yourself if your dreaming.

Once you asked this yourself, you've succeeded smile.gif

Gonna' have to try this over my break.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

I just love how this topic resurfaces every few months like clockwork because I always have new experiences to report on the matter.

I've had three lucid dreams in the past few months. In the first dream, I became aware that I was in the dream and decided to go in the bathroom and take a look in the mirror knowing full well to expect a freak show. Sure enough I saw a freak show, but rather than letting it scare me awake, I just stared it down and tried to understand why my mind was generating this hideous face that kept making unsettling gurgling and growling noises back at me. As I continued to stare it down I felt as though I had almost become hypnotized, but I lost it and woke up.

The next dream had the highest production values of any lucid dream I've had so far. I became aware of the dream as I was walking around in a giant office/clinic/hospital complex. Everything was extremely detailed such as the lighting, colors and the decor. As I came upon a set of double doors in a hallway, they had highly reflective gold-plated push panels on them in which I saw my reflection "perfectly" for the first time in a dream, or at least it was and ideal representation of what I thought I should look like i.e. normal. I continued to walk around and there were other people going about their business with whom I was able to interact, another first for me in a lucid dream. But whereas losing my sense of gravity or some other factor had broken the dreams before, this time I started to ask too many "what ifs". I began wondering if evil things would arise, and as I tried to resist thinking such things the lighting went all f*cked up and the walls began to crumble around me at which point I woke up.

Last dream was just a couple of days ago and occurred purely as a result of oversleeping. First, I fell into sleep paralysis with my eyes partially open and I kept hearing a computerized voice repeating "start" in my right ear. Then I fell into a dream and thought I was awake doing ordinary things around the house only to quickly realize I was asleep. I ran around flipping light switches as a typical test and when they failed I started to panic. Finally shook off the sleep paralysis and decided it was time to get up.

Funny things is, I've never tried to lucid dream. It seems to happen several times a year regardless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users