Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

16 replies to this topic
Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

As you may or may not know, Square Enix has been recently releasing info for the upcoming game "Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII". Today They released 2 new trailers along with some new screenshots and info:

I personally can't wait for this game, I already have both of its Prequels, so this is a day 1 buy for me. Because when it comes to the Final Fantasy series, I simply can't resist. The very first (and most favorite) Final Fantasy I have played was VII.

The World Map is back, just like all the previous games before XIII. The game is set in the world of Novus Partus, Lightning has only 13 days to save the world before it ends. The only playable character is Lightning, as for the battle system, its been completely changed with a new style of attacks. The attacks can now be mapped to buttons, no more of that Paradigm crap. So I 'm looking forward to this and expect it to be what I think its going to be.

If you guys want to know of any of the features, go to the official website for more info or to take a look at some of the screenshots.

http://www.finalfantasyxiii.com/LR/

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

The endless, boring corridor of annoying characters, uninteresting gameplay and nonsensical plot continues! Woo Hoo!

Boy, Spoony is going to have a field day with this one, considering he just started XIII.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

Why the f*ck do they continue making these games?
Like christ, It's just the same sh*t over and over, They're ALMOST as bad as Activision...

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 03:39)
Like christ, It's just the same sh*t over and over, They're ALMOST as bad as Activision...

I have to disagree, this is one of my favorite series. XIII Is a good saga, I don't know why everyone hates on it. You can bash me if you like, just know i'm not gonna f*cking respond.
Has anyone even played or seen these games, i' mean Jesus Christ. If you don't like it don't play it, if you don't like it don't comment, simple as that.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 21:58)

I have to disagree, this is one of my favorite series. XIII Is a good saga, I don't know why everyone hates on it. You can bash me if you like, just know i'm not gonna f*cking respond.
Has anyone even played or seen these games, i' mean Jesus Christ. If you don't like it don't play it, if you don't like it don't comment, simple as that.

I don't like FFXIII but I do like Final Fantasy, so I am justified to view this thread. And its not like I'm hating on the most hated Final Fantasy because its cool, because the other two really despised Final Fantasy games, VIII and X-2, I actually liked (Well, no one can really "like" X-2 seriously, its just a funny, stupid game that knows its dumb and roles with it and I like its style, similar to Driver SF). I think XIII is a legitimately bad game with several design flaws, like incredible linearity of endless corridors which never end and uninvolving, automated gameplay, at least XII let you controlled one character. That game had almost real-time gameplay, so it was justified, not to mention a MMORPG-style. This piece of sh*t just takes all control away from you.

I'm not sure why the f*ck they're even making this. How many people really care about those f*ckwits from XIII, like Hope, Sazh, Snow and Vanille? The most obnoxious, annoying cast of a FF game ever. Even VIII was better, and that was full of assholes. I mean, Irvine, anyone? F*ck, even he was better than Snow. And Vanille is pretty much the same character as Selphie, Rikku and Penelo were in their games, the cookey, airhead fanservice chick.

If you expect only people who love XIII will post in this thread, you'll be the only one here. I think Squenix is really losing the plot here.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 05:07)

I don't like FFXIII but I do like Final Fantasy, so I am justified to view this thread. And its not like I'm hating on the most hated Final Fantasy because its cool, because the other two really despised Final Fantasy games, VIII and X-2, I actually liked (Well, no one can really "like" X-2 seriously, its just a funny, stupid game that knows its dumb and roles with it and I like its style, similar to Driver SF). I think XIII is a legitimately bad game with several design flaws, like incredible linearity of endless corridors which never end and uninvolving, automated gameplay, at least XII let you controlled one character. That game had almost real-time gameplay, so it was justified, not to mention a MMORPG-style. This piece of sh*t just takes all control away from you.

I'm not sure why the f*ck they're even making this. How many people really care about those f*ckwits from XIII, like Hope, Sazh, Snow and Vanille? The most obnoxious, annoying cast of a FF game ever. Even VIII was better, and that was full of assholes. I mean, Irvine, anyone? F*ck, even he was better than Snow. And Vanille is pretty much the same character as Selphie, Rikku and Penelo were in their games, the cookey, airhead fanservice chick.

If you expect only people who love XIII will post in this thread, you'll be the only one here. I think Squenix is really losing the plot here.

Sorry but your entire post made me punch a hole in the wall. I disagree with most of the things you listed, I enjoyed XIII and XIII-2 quite good, and if anyone wants to bash me for it then f*ck off. Just because I like something doesn't mean I suck too. I mean son of a bitch. I may sound like a troll, but I really wanted to share something interesting, but if everyone is gonna hate on it, i'll just request a lock. Oh and btw both game received generally positive reviews. So go ahead and hate me, say stuff like "If you like this game then you must be retarded" or "that game is a complete f*cking fail you dumbass" because in all reality, I really don't care what people think. I like to think positive. I mean I may be an idiot for liking this game but who the f*ck cares. In my country, there is freedom. So if i can't like a certain game or game franchise then that's complete f*cking garbage. I know I should have thought before i posted, but I really didn't care at the time. So if people want to bash me, go right on ahead, just know that I really don't give a rats ass what you do or think.

...next few weeks or so...
  • ...next few weeks or so...

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

confused.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 23:27)

Sorry but your entire post made me punch a hole in the wall. I disagree with most of the things you listed, I enjoyed XIII and XIII-2 quite good, and if anyone wants to bash me for it then f*ck off. Just because I like something doesn't mean I suck too. I mean son of a bitch. I may sound like a troll, but I really wanted to share something interesting, but if everyone is gonna hate on it, i'll just request a lock. Oh and btw both game received generally positive reviews. So go ahead and hate me, say stuff like "If you like this game then you must be retarded" or "that game is a complete f*cking fail you dumbass" because in all reality, I really don't care what people think. I like to think positive. I mean I may be an idiot for liking this game but who the f*ck cares. In my country, there is freedom. So if i can't like a certain game or game franchise then that's complete f*cking garbage. I know I should have thought before i posted, but I really didn't care at the time. So if people want to bash me, go right on ahead, just know that I really don't give a rats ass what you do or think.

That post was a massive overeaction of massive. You need to take a chill pill and have a few long breathes.

Look, if you like XIII, that's fine. I don't hate you for it. I mean, if you like FFX, then that's fine too. I'm just explaining why I don't particularly like it and why I find it a disappointment and I'm disscussing it here, on the forums. Albeit, I did get a bit carried away with my rant, so I apologize.

I will admit that Versus XIII looks really amazing. Like, properly good. I don't hate on every new FF. I just don't think the series has been as good since Hironobu Sakaguchi left, who pretty much made FF as great as it was, leaving X to suffer for it.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:06 AM Edited by VoiceoftheVoiceless, 23 December 2012 - 01:21 AM.

QUOTE (AceRay @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 15:29)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 23:27)

That post was a massive overeaction of massive. You need to take a chill pill and have a few long breathes.

Look, if you like XIII, that's fine. I don't hate you for it. I mean, if you like FFX, then that's fine too. I'm just explaining why I don't particularly like it and why I find it a disappointment and I'm disscussing it here, on the forums. Albeit, I did get a bit carried away with my rant, so I apologize.

I will admit that Versus XIII looks really amazing. Like, properly good. I don't hate on every new FF. I just don't think the series has been as good since Hironobu Sakaguchi left, who pretty much made FF as great as it was, leaving X to suffer for it.

Yeah, I agree XIII was a little linear, and it was hard as hell at some points. In fact, I'm still stuck on Chapter 11 and haven't played in god only knows how long. But Yeah, I overreacted as I do have anger issues sometimes when I'm in a bad mood, so I apologize too. FFX I haven't played, but I really want to. I think this game will redeem the FF series, I mean the world map is returning, and so I have a feeling it'll get some good ratings by critics, I just hope it isn't linear as hell like the other 2 were. I'm gonna be honest, I really liked a few characters in the other games, Like Lightning for instance. She is a female version of Cloud Strife, Motomu Toriyama said it himself. Hope was my other favorite because He reminded me of how I used to be when I was his age, I didn't know how to act alone, I was a coward and couldn't even put up a fight by myself. But In FFXIII-2 he reminds me of how I am now, A hero, more courageous than ever. The only Final Fantasies I've played are VII, VIII, IX, XIII, and XIII-2. So I don't know how the other games were as I haven't played them yet. Yes I agree there are many other FF games that have better storylines like VII for example.

VII had Cloud Strife, an EX-Soldier who joined AVALANCHE or whatever its called. You start off on a train, and you make your way through the Mako reactor. You meet AVALANCHE leader Barret who greets you by saying: Ex-Soldier huh? Don't trust ya!

I'm gonna stop there cause every true FF player knows the story, so if you haven't played VII, I suggest you play it, its the best of the best (my opinion)

As for VIII and IX, I never finished beating them, but will very soon as I have an Emulator. I just hope Square Enix proves everyone wrong when this game comes out, Hell, I hope they make me even happier when I play it, I also hope the map is huger than any other FF game. When I get around to it i'll play FFX too.

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Has Square Enix not raped this franchise enough?

Its not even a RPG anymore, its just walk, walk, cut scene, short pathetic battle, walk walk cut sence. It was at the seventh hour of this repetitiveness that I could take no more. I then cursed all Final Fantasies ever made by Square Enix and promptly prayed for the return of good ol Squaresoft who made good qaulity games and whom didn't bend their franchise over a table and rape it with a cactuar.

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

XIII was alright. I really enjoyed the storyline. The gameplay was far too linear though. People just hate on it so much because it's not what they were used to or not what they expected but if you take it for what it is then it's alright. I don't think they'll make another as good as X or VII but I'll stay open minded.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Toke @ Monday, Dec 24 2012, 03:45)
prayed for the return of good ol Squaresoft who made good qaulity games...

*Ahem*
user posted image

QUOTE (continued)
and whom didn't bend their franchise over a table and rape it with a cactuar.

*Ahem*
user posted image

Anyway, I'm fine with linearity but FFXIII is ridiculous. Its literally a corridor from start to end, with just the right amount of enemies so you're not too high a level and not to low. Not to mention that ever since the stupid sphere grid in X, you've had something similar in every FF, like the Licence Board in XII or the Crystarium system, which was linear as sh*t. It unlocked stuff at certain points of the story so you couldn't get too far ahead, at least the Licence Board let you unlock stuff at certain points.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

Please be open world and get rid of the battle system and bring back either the XII or classic syle of fighting.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

There is a new Trailer, I know I'm a couple months late, but whatever. Anyway hope you enjoy it:

Still wish they'd hurry up and make Versus XIII, been waiting 7 years for that game.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Where did I go ....

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:01 AM Edited by VoiceoftheVoiceless, 26 September 2013 - 01:03 AM.

Bump.

More Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBuNCDW9bmE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTeGmU_iwe8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZq0Dyj-wDQ

Voice Actor of Lightning Alli Hillis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6A-DDNdIyg

More Trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9OGgEyoF5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEpJNZ8W74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b14m0uHiiWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_BFovD7cYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lynHTDihOMk

Opening Cinematic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXJhet4bLlI

Release date for the game is February 21, 2014

For more information and for other release dates regarding your country can be found here: http://en.wikipedia....al_Fantasy_XIII

Can't wait as I'm sure it will be better than the previous 2 entries.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Lelouch vi Britannia, 3 days ago.

Just bought this game last night for the 360. I've been messing around with the snapshot feature, it's pretty darn cool. I waited so long for the price to drop on this game because I rarely ever pay full price for a game, bought it new for like $25.00. Now I have the entire trilogy for the Xbox 360, thinking about playing through all three sometime in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users