Member Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic
Carlover325
  • Carlover325

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

I noticed I have a "Member Log". It says I set up an alternate account to back myself up. But that's not the case. I had left the GTAForums page up on my laptop, and my brother went to use my computer. He saw a post I had made disagreeing with another member. He thought it was petty and started another account to tell us (mainly me), that we were being stupid and to chill out. He was trying to make it anonymous, so I wouldn't know it was him.

I found out about this when I got a PM from a Mod saying my other accounts were banned, but I didn't make the accounts. I asked my brother if he did, as he's the only one in my house that browses the forums, usually on my account. He admitted to it.

I PM'd the mod that told me about the warning telling him what had happened. I just noticed my "Member Log" today, and was wondering if I could please get it removed, since I didn't actually do what I was warned for. Thanks.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Whatever is saved in the log can't be removed the member logs have always been like that.Even requested bans get saved.

If you want that to go,your only choice is to create a new account. smile.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 13:04)
Whatever is saved in the log can't be removed the member logs have always been like that.

This is slightly inaccurate. Recently I had a temporary ban removed from my log by GT-1 2 months after it was issued by accident. There is no evidence of it even ever being there. smile.gif

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

The problem is that the 'brother' excuse is overused. I'm not saying you're lying but staff generally doesn't go with that sometimes due to the sheer amount of real spammers that use that excuse.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Friday, Dec 21 2012, 21:21)
The problem is that the 'brother' excuse is overused. I'm not saying you're lying but staff generally doesn't go with that sometimes due to the sheer amount of real spammers that use that excuse.

I realize that the sibling excuse is probably overused, but I can't help that it actually happened, lol. I'm not a spammer, and I hope the people that read my posts think the same.

It's just disappointing to be stuck with a warning stating "Signing up alternate accounts to troll and to back yourself up only makes you look more idiotic. All your other accounts have been banned". My brother most definitely was NOT backing me up. He was calling me an idiot in his post, lol.

Here is the post he made:
I usually only come here to see if there is any new GTA info. But when I saw this, I joined just to say that Carlover325, Desmosedici, sivispacem and Murdoc are all idiots. It's a just a stupid forum. Stop taking things so seriously.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

Link us to your brothers account

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 11:52)
Link us to your brothers account

That proves nothing.

@Carlover325: The warning was the result of a direct IP match with the other account. The warning isn't a mistake because there's no conclusive way to prove such things on the internet. If you're telling the truth, I suggest you ignore the warning and make sure you logout of your account if you're on a shared PC. We'll keep this topic in mind for future purposes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users