Road Rage

10 replies to this topic
Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

What's the worst case of road rage you have encountered?

I personally haven't been involved in anything but this happened a few days ago in Brisbane:

That's pretty scary, I don't know what I would've done in that situation, besides trying to get away!

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

That's crazy! I've never been in anything close to that. I just drive around people that make me mad.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Holy sh*t. I've never experienced anything even remotely similar to that.

There was a story in the paper recently, though. Two young girls driving a small horse transport, who pulled out into the fast lane, to overtake a slow moving car, when a car came up behind them at very high speed. The guy gets pissed, overtakes them on the inside, pulls in front of them and slams on the brakes, swerves, honks and flips them off. He then speeds off, swerving in and out of traffic. Further ahead, they see him standing on the hard shoulder, and they look at each other in puzzlement for a second - he then flings a huge rock through their windshield. They veer off the road. One of the girls gets cuts from the glass, and they're both panicking and crying, trying to phone the police. Meanwhile he's taken his car up on an overpass, where he's parked, and is admiring his work, laughing, and shouting profanities to them, before taking off.

The worst part was that the coppers just told them to phone their insurance company. Never even made an attempt at finding the guy, besides the fact that other motorists had seen the incident, and had written down the registration number.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

May have been in one or the cause of one, lol.
Some idiot in a green truck was passing everyone on the freeway and was turning like crazy. So my mom got mad and followed him, and soon caught up to him. We got to his neighborhood and then decided to turn around. It probably gave him a good scare for being stupid though. lol.gif

Michaś
  • Michaś

No US for me in 2014... BLNT

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Nothing remotely similar, although I had a guy try to ram me off the road, when I was trying to overtake him (60kph, he was going 30kph).
I hadn't lost my cool though, and decided to take a short cut instead of getting into a fight.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

I've had a few cases. When I had the Bonneville, a guy kept riding my ass to a golf course. When we got there, I ran out of the car and gave him a piece of my mind, old bastard thought the speed limit was 50 in a 45!

Recently with the Ram, I had a guy who kept riding me on the freeway. He finally passes me, cuts me off, and slows down. I proceed to pass him and maintain my original speed, which pisses him off. He then decides to cat and mouse my front and rear for another good 5 minutes. I followed him off the freeway ramp in a full rage, followed him to a gas station and thought I'd have a word with him. He tried to act tough in his little Nissan Altima, but he wouldn't leave his car. I go into the gas station to get some food to calm down, and when I come back I see a note that says "Pussy!" written on a napkin in my bed. Gotta love America.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Not long after getting my licence I saw some guy driving like a half wit. A I passed him I glanced across at him. My god that pissed him off he started abusing me. Ignoring him I drove home. About 2-3 months later I see a van stopped about an inch from my back bumper at the lights. I then Notice the driver giving me some hand gestures. I realize it's the same half wit from months ago. He remembered me. Up the road he is driving next to me abusing me. I just shake my head and smile.
He then faked a few swerves towards me. Then on the 3rd time came I to my lane and tried to push me off the road.
He had his name, mobile phone number and business name on his van. I took it down and called him at midnight one night and abused him.

A friend of a friend go was a maniac said he will take care of his windows if I found out where he lived. Unfortinatly I never did.

I'm angry now after remembering this story.
These days I would of followed the jerk.
Might have to get his mobile number from his business website and give him a call at 3am next time I'm on night shift.

Burbalade
  • Burbalade

Ebay Wizard

• Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

I would have been speeding like a mother f*cker to put some distance between me and him.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

More recently I had another incident. I was driving home from work at about 330pm right in the middle of the school peak time.
I was doing 55 in the 60km/h zone due to traffic density.
I could see the guy behind me getting agitated.
The car in front of me slowed to turn so I slowed down as well. I look in rear view mirror to see the guy behind me throw his hand in the air, while swearing and swerving around me in the other lane.
I looked out my window and saw him swearing towards me as he passed.

Next set of lights I stopped short of the car in front of me deliberately to stop next to the guy abusing me.
I put my window down and calmly asked what the problem was. He immediately started swearing at me saying I was going to slow and other sh*t like that.
I stayed calm and explained to him how I did nothing wrong, how can I go faster then the car in front of me. I also asked him if he wanted me to ram the car in front of me off the road as it made it's turn so I didn't have to slow down. He continued to swear and try to blame me.
He then threatened me and told me to move up or I will be sorry. Still calm I said I did nothing wrong, I am not moving anywhere, I then put my window back up and sat there. His turning lights went green and he drove off.
As I drove off I started to become really pissed off. I chucked a U turn at the next intersection and shot back in the direction he went. I was going to get his rego number and call the cops on him. I didn't find him and I was pissed off for the next few hours about it.
I saw him a month later, same road, same time. I stopped next to him at lights and stared at him the whole time hoping he would notice me and abuse me so I had a reason to call the cops on him, but he didn't look over unfortunately. Didn't think I should call the cops a month later, they probably wouldn't care by then.

Now I will not let anyone mess with me. I always have a dashcam on and will never hesitate to call the cops on halfwits again.

Lawlzmachine1989
  • Lawlzmachine1989

SHOOP DA WHOOP!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

First road rage ever done was in the United States. How's that for US culture, huh? You see a lot of road rage where I live. Incompetent Nissan drivers and monkey Chevy drunks.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

I've had idiots on the street in my city give me the middle finger salute for riding my bike on the road (which I'm actually encouraged by law to do at my age from what I've heard).

One time, a dumbass driving a white SUV who probably had a sh*tty day at work honked at me a few times over the course of about five seconds and then proceeded to administer the middle finger salute because if you know Mississauga well enough, stuff is constantly blocked off and "under construction".

This particular area was one of many phases of a low rise residential "condo" subdivision that just had the extension to the road finished. The sidewalk as still "under construction" (still being built) and I physically couldn't access it. I was forced to ride my bike on the farthest side of the road.

This still pissed off the dumbass to the point that he honked at me several times and when he caught up to me, he proceeded to administer the middle finger salute. I launched a counter attack in retaliation, but it may have been too late. The dumbass was oblivious to the fact that the sidewalk was still being built and physically inaccessible.

A separate incident took place at an intersection at that exact same road in that very same vicinity in which a clueless Asian immigrant driver (no racism or racially motivated statements here) was unaware that the crosswalk read "walk" or "go" and that under provincial law, pedestrians including bike riders always have the right of way on streets. He attempted to illegally proceed through the intersection nearly hitting me in the process. Predictably enough, he made the middle finger visible. Once again, I retaliated by returning the favor. I can swear that some of these stupid people buy their licenses.

The Greater Toronto Area, in a 2007 report mentioned on a TV newscast that I watched when I was 11 or 12 years old, was said to have among the highest rates of fatal accidents in Canada, specifically the highways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users