» «
Photo

helmets?

18 replies to this topic
beaverboy99
  • beaverboy99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:17 AM Edited by beaverboy99, 20 December 2012 - 01:39 PM.

This is my first post so play nice.I was just thinking about the possibility of helmets just htink about it your riding down the road on your bicycle and your cut off by a car and launched through the air into a head on collision with an incoming police car after losing the cops and taking care of the careless driver who cut you off causing you to loose half of your health you decide that your through with losing health for no reason so you go to the closest store and buy yourself a nice helmet( that actually gives "protection unlike gta IV motorbike helmets which were useless). The next time it happens instead of losing half of your health you lose virtually zero of it.

It was just an idea I had so feel free to add your own ideas to the mix.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Helmets.

You know a question or opinian to discuss would be nice.

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Absolutely we need helmets. It provides the ironic hilarity that go so well in this game.

Also, they will rip you for your post.

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:52 AM Edited by Alenko, 20 December 2012 - 02:56 AM.

Always thought Niko looked badass throwing the helmet off and shaking his head as he walks away. So, yes! I hope they are back!

For future reference in your next post, try to elaborate a bit more as people here will whine a bit.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Alenko
Yes, I loved that too!

I think they should be in but in another way, I didn't liked how Niko would just pull it out of the bike...
I would also like if we could wear them inside a car.
And taking it off just optionally, I hated when I got the awesome black helmet and when I came back in the bike, I had the rainbow one...

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (HUGOHL @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 20:57)
Alenko
Yes, I loved that too!

I think they should be in but in another way, I didn't liked how Niko would just pull it out of the bike...
I would also like if we could wear them inside a car.
And taking it off just optionally, I hated when I got the awesome black helmet and when I came back in the bike, I had the rainbow one...

Can you imagine if some badass did that in real life? Roles up on a sweet bike, throws the helmet off on the ground and walks away like he just dosen't give a sh*t! That is badass, or maybe he just dosen't care about his stuff.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

Assuming if the question is do I want helmets, then sure why not? I liked them in IV, althought I only preferred the black one. It would be nice to be able to buy the helmet we like most, and thats what the character would always put on.

crispypistonx8
  • crispypistonx8

SAVANT OF MECHANICAL DEATH

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Yep everyone on this forum needs one....er maybe 2 if your names Melchior. J/k

gtafan023
  • gtafan023

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

i hope helmet can give you some sort of protection,like flying out from cars,landing on the floor from height,or get shot in the head

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

GTAIV did this well. Johnny would never wear one and with Niko or Luis it was optional depending how fast you move the bike. I'd predict Michael and Franklin can wear helmets and Trevor won't.

aldisdzerve
  • aldisdzerve

PetrolHead

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Why Trevor would ride without one?
im biker irw, and I can tell u that u have to be stupid not to wear one.
wind, dirt, flys and other sh!t cant get in your eyes and also protection in accident.
Anyway im hoping that we can buy full motorcycle clothing. Boots, gloves, racing suit, etc

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

They gave you a helmet so you wouldn't lick the windows or something? What about helmets?

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

The OP needs to wear a helmet for his own safety.

But jokes aside, I've mentioned this in another thread, that I would like to see seatbelts as well. I bring this up because I see it working similarly to the helmets in GTA IV. So let's say that the 'feature' of being thrown out the windshield when you get in a hard collision returns (I wouldn't mind, since it's realistic and kind of hilarious at times). I say that, if we give them the time before driving off, our characters will put on a seatbelt and thus won't get thrown out no matter what. It creates a bit of a risk/reward situation: if the cops are after you, or you're about to chase someone, you might need to drive off as soon as you get in the car, but if you do that they won't put on their seatbelts and you could end up flying out of your car if you get in a bad crash. Thus, it might be a good idea to wait for a moment to save yourself time later if you can't take the risk.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

I had one problem with the helmets in IV, and that was with the phones - If niko had a helmet on, and used the phone, he'd hold it to his ear, but outside the helmet, which was really odd imo. I hope that's fixed, and that helmets would stay on until i chose to take them off, use them as apparel and take them off via a button or soemthing

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Alenko @ Thursday, Dec 20 2012, 02:52)
Always thought Niko looked badass throwing the helmet off and shaking his head as he walks away. So, yes! I hope they are back!

Yeah the helmet feature was awesome....

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Too long, no punctuation, didn't read. Helmets are welcome to come back.

Jordan_Philip
  • Jordan_Philip

"Dimitri, I took care of that thing for you."

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

They should keep the way the characters put it on the same way as in iv. Even though its wierd that they just take it out of the bike it works. But you should be able to buy one at a store and use that same one all the time

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Alenko @ Thursday, Dec 20 2012, 02:52)

I agree

blowdro420
  • blowdro420

The F*ckin Metal

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'm pretty sure the helmet offered some sort of protection. Gonna test it now. I'd want it to be the same as IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users