» «
Photo

WWE 2K14

66 replies to this topic
daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by daggerbomb, 05 June 2013 - 08:55 PM.

QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 11:15)
2k's making WWE'14 with THQ bankrupted.

My Wishlist for the game:
More Weapons like Barbed Wire Steel Chairs, 2x4s, 2x4s in barbed wire, thumbtacks.
Being able to do stuff like climbing and diving off the Titantron, Jumping off the cage, backstage brawling like in Here Comes The Pain with crazy high spots, fighting in the crowd,
New OMG moments like doing a piledriver on a steel chair, powerbomb onto steel steps.
Add more Attitude Guys like: Kurt Angle, Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boyz. Add Golden Era stars and Ruthless Agression Stars.
Add current stars: Big E Langston, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Dean Ambrose, Evan Bourne, Fandango, Roman Reigns, Ryback, Seth Rollins, Titus O'Neil, Tyson Kidd, Bray Wyatt.

icon14.gif

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Canadian retailer Futureshop has revealed more information about WWE 2K14.

2K Games have been pretty quiet about revealing to us more information about WWE 2K14. This information does reveal that there will be a ton of new wrestlers and content for fans to enjoy.

WWE 2K14 will be released for the PS3 and Xbox 360 from October 29th in North America and November 1st in Europe.

Check out the information Futureshop revealed:

The Revolution continues and only those with attitude need apply in WWE 2K14 for PS3. The biggest, baddest stars of the WWE are back in the game that defines the ultimate single player wrestling experience. Everything you love about the WWE world is here. More moves, more legends, more unlockable content, more cut scenes. Live the drama and become the WWE megastar you were meant to be.

More Information:

- Select your wrestler from the WWE pantheon of legendary stars

- Cool visual elements includes historic WWE video footage, classic images, multi-camera angles, and detailed cut scenes

- Highly immersive audio environment brings out the raw emotional power of the crowd as they react to your performance

- Unlock exciting new content and wrestlers

- Addictive game play features intuitive controls and creates a sense of escalation throughout the matches

- WWE Career mode lets you create the epic legend of your rise from wrestling rookie to celebrated megastar

Source: http://www.justpushs...about-wwe-2k14/

BECOME IMMORTAL

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

So is there going to be attitude era wrestlers in this game?

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 06:30)
So is there going to be attitude era wrestlers in this game?

New ones. Hopefully.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Lets hope it have the old Kane and some forgotten wrestlers.

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:07 PM Edited by daggerbomb, 14 June 2013 - 05:48 AM.

A potential leaked preview of the next installment.

Oh you didn't know? It's that time again- time for the WWE to return with another installment of their yearly franchise and this time folks, they're returning with a "bang".

No longer on the herald of the late THQ, WWE has teamed up with TakeTwo subdivision 2KSports to bring you this years installment of the popular wrestling simulation.. and boy are they finally on the right track. Think of it as an official rebirth... Or second coming... Or re-debut... Or actual debut... Or- you get our drift.

Done away this year are the recycled cartoonish graphics and sound that were prominent in WWE games in the past few years. 2K have completely revamped and shifted all of the focus on presentation and quality to appeal to mass gamers and to replicate the actual feel of the WWE. "Time restraints and budgeting issues were the main reason that all of the games never felt completely new, even though, marketing wise, we pushed the complete opposite. So far, 2K have been extremely innovative and have pitched ideas that were never thought of." said Cory Ledesma, former senior editor for the WWE franchise who was hired by TakeTwo Interactive to help out with this years games.

As we were able to preview a bit of the game, the changes were noticeable instantly. We were given a five minute time limit for our match which pitted John Cena against the attitude era poster boy, Stone Cold Steve Austin. As we went through our selection process, done away was the Mortal Kombat fighter style selection screen in favor of the return of a more traditional selection screen. In alphabetical orders and rows, players are now able to not only see the stats and finishers of who they're selecting, but are now able to read mini biographies and hype videos for said wrestlers, reminiscent to the old WCW Nitro games of the 90's.

For John Cena, if you highlight his character, a mini backdrop video begins to show his accomplishments, showing his crowd celebration from a couple of years back winning his first WWE title at WrestleMania 21. For Austin, we were greeted to his infamous beer spraying shtick from his feud with McMahon. The videos are shown by default which can be a bit of a nuisance after a while.

As soon as we loaded into our match, we were greeted by announcers Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler who ran down the stats and accomplishments of both competitors. Rowdy fans perpetrated the backgrounds flashing signs, and throwing up hand gestures as our announcers spoke, similar to what you see on television. The run downs are short and sweet and can be skipped if the player chooses to do so.

Done away are the loading screens before entrances. As soon as the run downs were completed we were greeted by Austin's glass shatter which drew an enormous reaction from the crowd. "Here we go!" says an enthusiastic Michael Cole. 2K has really hit the nail on the head with reactions and sounds coming from the crowd and commentating has taken a huge step forward and we've yet to start any action.

As Austin perpetrated from behind the curtains his signature neck jerks were prominent as he marched down the isle, stopping a few times to gaze at the enormous crowd. Faint mumblings can be heard from Austin has he stomps towards the ring. Once again, commentators begin to boost up the match and plug the reaction of the crowd.

As Austin throws his vest to the outside and prominently stretches for the match, John Cena makes his way to the ring as Austin gazes the entrance way from a turnbuckle. With no load time in between, Cena comes out with a burst of speed and enthusiasm before stopping at the entrance stage to say a few words of motivation to the camera as he salutes. As Cena makes his way into the ring he faintly gazes at Austin before throwing his shirt into the crowd. The player is given the option to do a premature start during all of this by tapping R1. For example, if we chose too, we could have had Austin rush John Cena during his entrance but were too awe struck at the presentation. This is the authentication that 2K sports wanted.

As the bell rang, the match started with a test of strengths which seems to be the return of mini games before matches. Match the correct buttons and you have the advantage for the start. The controls were similar to the old games but moves are now much more fluid and better captured. As John Cena received a plethora of chest chops, he gripped his chest in agony while holding onto the third rope attempting to shield himself from Austin while the referee sandwiched himself between both competitors. During this process, a bar appears that let's Cena avoid any more combat from Austin if he fills it up in time. If not, Austin can continue his attack. "It's a way for us to combat spamming online and offline, and it gives the match more fluidity and pacing" said Bryan Williams, who was also hired by TakeTwo.

Stamina plays an important role in matches now and to refill them means you have to put your opponent in rest holds or go to a "hot spot" to do so. "Hot spots are various areas inside and outside the ring which allows player to refill their stamina- for example, if you perform a huge move on your opponent that causes you to collapse, then would be a good time to regain a boost of energy by going to the turn buckle and pressing R1 which shows your wrestler leaning and catching his breath. If you don't want the hassle of drifting away from your opponents, then rest holds will do. A mat headlock will replenish your stamina" says Ledesma.

Stamina depletion is much more noticeable near the pinnacle of matches, so you won't be needing to do to many rest holds at the start. As our time limit grew to a close we weren't able to fully explore the new innovative ways that matches play out. As we were bummed out about wrappings things up, Williams boasted to us "There is a lot more where that came from and that was not even, say, 20 percent of what we have in store for you guys." In that case, we were very pleased to see the much needed changes and upgrades that 2K sports have implemented. WWE2K14 is set to be released in October of this year, and for a short time span, they've accomplished a lot.

Source: http://www.thesmackd...-preview-leaked

+ A photo of The Miz promoting WWE 2K14 at E3.

user posted imageuser posted image

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:59 AM Edited by daggerbomb, 25 June 2013 - 03:02 AM.

You've asked for it, you've begged for it, you've DEMANDED it and now, the trailer for WWE 2K14 is finally here.

BECOME IMMORTAL

IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

WWE 13 2.0. Waiting for WWE 2K15.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 04:22)
WWE 13 2.0. Waiting for WWE 2K15.

Yeah. I think I'll skip this years.

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:57 AM Edited by daggerbomb, 29 June 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Their main focus right now is on the gameplay. Hope to see more information soon.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

Will backstage roaming be back? To be honest, I haven't cared for a WWE game since SmackDown HCTP. Maybe the series is in better hands with Take-Two though.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 10:33)
Will backstage roaming be back? To be honest, I haven't cared for a WWE game since SmackDown HCTP. Maybe the series is in better hands with Take-Two though.

Here Comes The Pain is the best wrestling game ever. Period.
I played that game for hours, and hours, and hours haha. I even done a story with Torrie Wilson. Brock Lesnar was machine on that game, i had a way of beating the Big Show in under 2 minutes, without weapons. Oooo yeah.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 10:58)
QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 10:33)

Here Comes The Pain is the best wrestling game ever. Period.
I played that game for hours, and hours, and hours haha. I even done a story with Torrie Wilson. Brock Lesnar was machine on that game, i had a way of beating the Big Show in under 2 minutes, without weapons. Oooo yeah.

hctp was a godsend when i broke my hand in 2010. i could play it one handed god bless that game. the backstage conversations are pricesss. i liked how you could choose your reactions and what to say to other wrestlers

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Ultimate Warrior confirmed as a pre-order bonus according to the latest edition of WWE Magazine.

user posted image

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Livestream starts in some minutes: http://www.wwegaming.../wwe2k14reveal/

Kurropt Antagonist
  • Kurropt Antagonist

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'm glad they've sped up the game but those animations are still so awkward looking. Please trash this 14 year old engine already!

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Roster was leaked early by IGN today.

The WWE 2K14 "30 years of Wrestlemania mode" roster was scheduled to be released today at WWE Axxess. IGN accidentally revealed the roster early. Realizing the mistake, they quickly removed the article, however a correspondent of ours kept the copy. Here is the roster:

Alberto Del Rio
Andre the Giant
Batista
Big Show
Big Show (Retro)
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Brock Lesnar (Retro)
Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho (Retro)
CM Punk
Diesel
Edge
Goldberg
Hulk Hogan
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
JBL
John Cena
John Cena (Retro)
Kane (Retro)
King Kong Bundy
Mick Foley
Randy Orton
Macho Man Randy Savage
Razor Ramon
Ric Flair
Ric Flair (Retro)
Ricky Steamboat
Sergeant Slaughter
Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels (Retro)
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Ted DiBiase
The Miz
The Rock
The Rock (Retro)
Triple H
Triple H (Retro)
Ultimate Warrior
Undertaker
Undertaker (Retro)
Yokozuna

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

And the roster-reveal:

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Oceans in the back, Porsches in the front

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Needs more Benoit. tounge.gif

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 21:48)
Needs more don't you dare mention his name. tounge.gif

Fixed icon14.gif

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 21:48)

Who's that? wink.gif
Needs more divas, too. tounge.gif

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

THQ could never get names like that

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg!

beatthedevil56
  • beatthedevil56

Your Personal Jesus

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 14:48)
Needs more Benoittounge.gif

What he did was unforgivable. But, you have to admit. That triple treat match, with The G.O.A.T HBK and Triple-H. Was one of the best matches in Wrestle Mania History. Actually that Wrestle Mania was one of the best PPV's the WWE have produced.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Still the same Intro for Kane. suicidal.gif

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

This game is gonna suck just like all the other ones. Just a bunch of recycled bullsh*t.

Riding shotgun
  • Riding shotgun

Burn till I cant burn no more

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

I should never have goten rid of HCTP but OT, I want to get this I played WWE 12 but not 13. All stars was fun too just the matches were too short for my liking, good storyline though. I hope these wrestlers are unlockables:

Bret Hart
Jake the Snake
Goldberg(WCW)
SCSA
X-Pac
Test
William Reagal
D-Lo Brown
Kurrgaan and probaly tons more I can't think of.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

I've never seen anyone spell Repo Man that way before.

ahmadjufri
  • ahmadjufri

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:25 AM Edited by ahmadjufri, 18 November 2013 - 05:25 AM.

this game's not worth buying i swear to god

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

this game's not worth buying i swear to god

Why not? I'm still on the fence in regards to buying it or not next week. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users