WWE 2K14

66 replies to this topic
LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

WWE '14

So we already know, THQ is already been working and motion capturing on WWE '14. What do you think is going to be on the next game? Which Superstar, Diva or Legend you want to see next year? Who will be featured on the cover? What modes/matches are you looking forward to? /Discuss

So there goes all the question marks regarding THQ
being shut down and there won't be any game after WWE ’13.

What to expect on the next game?

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

It's too damn early to talk about it, wait until THQ acturally announce it then make a topic about it

Please lock this Mods

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 09:16)
It's too damn early to talk about it, wait until THQ acturally announce it then make a topic about it

Please lock this Mods

Just for a discussion for now.. This topic maybe useful in the future. Who knows?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Good Luck

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, Dec 20 2012, 01:31)
Good Luck

That means.. cry.gif

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Good Luck

I guess no SR4. bored.gif
Welp, now GTA won't have any rivals lol

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

I heard THQ sold Saints Row Devs but I hope there's no SR4 its sh*t game series now

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Thursday, Dec 20 2012, 03:44)
Good Luck

I guess no SR4. bored.gif
Welp, now GTA won't have any rivals lol

Volition will make SR4.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Well, provided THQ survives, I'm guessing Ryback will be the cover star. Which would be pretty kickass. I hope they at least do some major revamps of several things like create-a-finisher and CAWs. as well as story making.

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:29 PM Edited by MetalisticMCena, 21 December 2012 - 06:34 PM.

I would love to see a new offensive position from the second rope in the corner. Maybe we could have to tap the button to jump up to the middle rope and hold it to climb up top. This new position combined with wake-up taunts could hopefully lend itself well to some good, more natural and fluid new animations for moves like tornado DDTs, the diamond dust, the tarantula, mule kicks, Mickey James' hurricanrana, Vader bomb as well as adding a better variety of diving moves.

Another thing these games NEED is a system like the one in the iOS game Wrestle Revolution. In that game when you get knocked to the mat, there are multiple stages you go through trying to get back to your feet. First you crawl on your hands and knees (the pinning animations from this position really add to the presentation), then to your knees (you can strike at and grapple your opponents from the kneeling position) and finally your feet. The really fun part of this system in the game is that during the later parts of the match you can collapse back to the mat if you are injured.

We also need to be able to choose ALL of our reversal animations, not just the standing kick reversals. For the sake of having more random animations, especially for diving reversals, just give us a check list of all the reversal animations from a given position and let us check off which ones we do and don't want our wrestlers doing. I cannot even begin to tell you how much it irks me whenever somebody besides Orton does his diving counter backbreaker.

and most importantly... FIX THE BUGS AND PUT OUT A FINISHED GAME.

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by LFarmer, 03 February 2013 - 03:19 PM.

As most people will already know by now, THQ’s and Yuke’s annual WWE gaming franchise has come to an end with THQ’s bankruptcy. What will become of WWE ’14?

It was rumored that the WWE Games franchise was not a part of the THQ auction because WWE cancelled its contract with THQ the minute it realized the company went bankrupt. It was reported that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon “blew a gasket” upon hearing of THQ’s bankruptcy. This is because THQ still owed WWE $45 million. This is a lot of money that McMahon is unlikely to ever get back.

Since the WWE Games franchise was not a part of the THQ auction, no other game publisher was able to bid on it. That is until “an anonymous source” told IGN that the franchise was bought off by Take Two. A week has gone by since that report and no official news has been revealed since then.

The only clue we have is that the WWE Games franchise will continue to still be made. This message is from the WWEGames Facebook page: “We don’t have any details to share yet, but there WILL continue to be WWE Games. Stay tuned for more information and some exciting news!”

If Take Two did indeed purchase the franchise, will it start the series from scratch or will it continue with the work that Yuke’s had been doing for WWE ’14? Before THQ went bankrupt, work was already underway for WWE ’14 and the game was set to be released later this year. Now all of this is uncertain thanks to THQ’s bankruptcy.

From a fan’s point of view, some will want to see the series ACTUALLY rebooted. WWE ’12 was the supposed reboot of the franchise but it really wasn’t. The only thing that changed was the control scheme but it still had the same moves, commentary and graphics engine as the previous Smackdown vs. Raw games…

If Take Two decides to make the next WWE game, it’s likely they’ll use one of its own developers. If WWE ’14 is to become WWE 2K14 instead, I’m sure some fans won’t mind the change. Still, if a new developer is to make a WWE game from scratch, it’s unlikely the game will be released later this year. This might come as bad news for McMahon once again since the WWE earns quite a bit of revenue from selling video games each year.

Would you like to see WWE ’14 out this year or wait until Take Two can develop its own WWE 2K series?

Source: http://www.justpushs...ppen-to-wwe-14/

So, now Take-Two have bought WWE Games. What's next for WWE '14? Leave your thoughts below.

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

I think the roster will be

AJ
Arskana
Alberto Del Rio
Alex Raily
Alicia Fox
Antonio Cesaro
Big E Langston
Big Show
Billy Gunn
Bo Dallas
Booker T
Brad Maddox
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay
Camacho
Chris Jericho
Christian
C.M Punk
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Daniel Bryan
Darren Young
David Otunga
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Epico
Evan Bourne
Fandango
Goldust
The Great Khali
Heath Slater
Hornswoggle
Hunico
Jack Swagger
JBL
Jerry Lawler
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
Justin Gabreil
Kaitlyn
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Layla
Lita
Mark Henry
Michael Cole
Michael McGuillity
Mick Foley
The Miz
Mr McMahon
Natalya
Paige
Paul Heyman
Primo
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Ric Flair
Ricardo Rodriguez
Road Dogg
The Rock
Roman Reigns
Ron Simmons
Rosa Mendas
Ryback
Santino Marella
Seth Rollens
Shawn Michaels
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Tamina Snuka
Ted DiBiase
Teddy Long
Tensai
Titus ONeil
Triple H
Trish Stratus
Tyson Kidd
The Undertaker
Vickie Guerrero
Wade Barrett
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

@Lfarmer Thanks for the info. I really think this is the time to reinvent the series. Though I highly doubt with other than the name, nothing overall will be changed. confused.gif Though I really enjoy this series and think they have it about right. I'm glad to hear the series will be continued.

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

RIP THQ. 1989-2013. sad.gif

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by Mr. Reaper., 04 February 2013 - 05:45 PM.

WWE sucks, and there games also suck.

RAW isn't any better, nor is ECW.

But on the occasion I could at least watch WWE.
More so for the guest hosts than the joke of a 'fight'

But WWE and all other wrestler games, suck terribly..

---

EDIT:

I just revieved this lovely message titled: "wwe"

QUOTE (NikoBellic1993 @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 17:42)
Nobody cares what you think you idiot !

Cute buddy. lol.gif

Allow me to clear the air,
I would probably like the games, if they actually made a good one.

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:17 PM Edited by LFarmer, 09 February 2013 - 02:19 PM.

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 21:56)

---

EDIT:

Cute buddy. lol.gif

Then why are you here. Blame the script writers. At least THQ have given their best, dumbass.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 13:56)

---

EDIT:

Cute buddy. lol.gif

ECW has been dead long ago....

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:47 PM Edited by InstantCClassic, 20 February 2013 - 08:49 PM.

http://www.2ksports.com/wwe

Fall is gonna be a treat. GTA V, NBA 2K14, WWE '14

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Uhmm.. GTA V is still in the summer time release, but it will probably be delayed until October IMHO. Also it should've been under 2K GAMES, since WWE is isn't a sport. A real one anyways, it's Entertainment.

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

It's official, The Rock will be featured on the cover of WWE 2K14.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

The Rock is outdated. He barely ever performs and when he does it's only pay per view. That isn't the characteristic of a WWE CHAMPION.

Give the cover to someone like Del Rio or even Santino. At least it wasn't Cena.

As for the game, bring it on. I want to see Highlight Reel and Story Designer to come back. With MAJOR improvements too.

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 12:45)
The Rock is outdated. He barely ever performs and when he does it's only pay per view. That isn't the characteristic of a WWE CHAMPION.

Give the cover to someone like Del Rio or even Santino. At least it wasn't Cena.

As for the game, bring it on. I want to see Highlight Reel and Story Designer to come back. With MAJOR improvements too.

lol.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:25 PM Edited by daggerbomb, 05 June 2013 - 08:54 PM.

WWE 2K 14

Here's a possible tagline for the game potentially revealed by GameStop.

FINALLY. 2K Sports’ lineup of premier simulation titles expands with the company’s first release in the flagship WWE videogame franchise, WWE 2K14. The most electrifying, authentic and comprehensive WWE video game experience to date arrives soon. Become Immortal.

user posted image

Source: http://wwegaming.com...-year-revealed/

BECOME IMMORTAL

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:31 PM Edited by daggerbomb, 05 June 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Here's some potential details by playtesters:

- Dolph Ziggler will be holding the MITB briefcase & you have the option for him to drop it or cash it in at a later time.

user posted image

-There are two main modes: Live The WWE Universe & GM Mode, both were locked at the time.

-You start out the game by having to choose a superstar or create a wrestler, & you are thrown into the backstage area & interfere in one of the night's matches.

-Lots of glitches but its early in development.

-If you break a barrier during an OMG! moment, you can brawl in the crowd but it is very limited. Also, only in Falls Count Anywhere, you can throw your opponent off the ramp & fight down there.

-During 3 on 3 matches, if you save up 3 finishers, you get a huge OMG! moment that has all teammates come in the ring & do their finishers.

Here is CMPuLs3, giving his thoughts on the playtest.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

If that's true then this will be the WWE game everyone been wanting

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by daggerbomb, 05 June 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Here's some more details about the game:

- Your team mates also distract the ref at certain times. They can also get DQ'ed for it.

- Appartently, the 6 playable characters were John Cena, The Rock, Ryback, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler. There were more roster slots (15-20 more), however this doesn't confirm anything.

user posted image

- A.I. has been drastically improved from WWE 13, it was very very aggressive.

- The 3 match types available were 1 on 1, 3 on 3 (Labelled NEW ) and Falls Count Anywhere. ( NEW )

- There was no story designer in create menus, however 2 new modes in main menu were GM mode and "Live the WWE Universe" (Universe 4.0, probably).

- GM mode was locked. Universe mode was pretty much restricted too.

- The NEW label basically meant the match types have been improved.

- Microphone and briefcase are new weapons.

- You can throw an opponent off the ramp and that area is accessible too.

- Fighting on ramp and stage is pretty different though.

- In previous titles hitting power moves on stage and ramp were almost similar like hitting inside the ring.

- It is different this time now. You can feel the impact and A.I. stays down long.

- A.I. goes for pins after finishers and reversals only.

- Only on rare occasions do they go for pin after a signature or weak/power move.

- After certain limit your superstar starts to fall down after power moves. Stamina plays a big role.

- Crawling is another feature they added to gameplay this time.

- No changes in submissions.

- Commentary pretty much sounds the same, on one occasion Ryback was being referred to as CM Punk.

- 3 on 3 matches have been improved a lot.

- Also, wrestlers will still not wear ref attire in Special Referee matches.

...and a fan-made screenshot by an artist at CGSociety.

user posted image

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by daggerbomb, 05 June 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Here's some photos of the playtest.

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 13:35)
If that's true then this will be the WWE game everyone been wanting

If all this is true I'll be skipping this years as it doesn't warrant me upgrading from 13. I'll wait and until I've seen more.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 04:45)

I agree with this to an extent, i love The Rock and have infinite respect for the guy, but i believe someone working all year round with the WWE is more deserving of the title. However, that being said the WWE is still a business, and strapping the title to The Rock to headline Wrestlemania generated more sales and profit than giving it to most of the locker room combined.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

2k's making WWE'14 with THQ bankrupted.

My Wishlist for the game:
More Weapons like Barbed Wire Steel Chairs, 2x4s, 2x4s in barbed wire, thumbtacks.
Being able to do stuff like climbing and diving off the Titantron, Jumping off the cage, backstage brawling like in Here Comes The Pain with crazy high spots, fighting in the crowd,
New OMG moments like doing a piledriver on a steel chair, powerbomb onto steel steps.
Add more Attitude Guys like: Kurt Angle, Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boyz. Add Golden Era stars and Ruthless Agression Stars.
Add current stars: Big E Langston, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Dean Ambrose, Evan Bourne, Fandango, Roman Reigns, Ryback, Seth Rollins, Titus O'Neil, Tyson Kidd, Bray Wyatt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users