Quantcast

» «
Photo

Console vs PC vs Money [waiting out GTA V]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Poll: If the PC version of GTA V released is completely different from the Console version, do you plan to? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

If the PC version of GTA V released is completely different from the Console version, do you plan to?

1. Buy only one version of the game, be it console, PC, or nothing (save the money for something else). (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Buy all versions of the game, owning both console's version and PC version (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Buy nothing at all, save some money, and give up on GTA for as long as possible. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Write Rockstar a letter and look for change to buy any copy. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Wait for another tax incentive and have the government buy your GTA V. (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Just write Rockstar a letter and keep your buying choice to yourself. (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Buy Rockstar and make it the company you want for GTA. (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Gouge your eyes out because of another question poll and forum topic. (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote
squaredb
  • squaredb

sleeping with a sneer

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:07 AM Edited by squaredb, 19 December 2012 - 01:14 AM.

Heya Fellas,

I was reading a Smithsonian Magazine article today highlighting some work of Dr. NakaMats, the inventor of the floppy disk. I want to share with you an enjoyed his quote of ". “In my country, the most creative people are rejects.” Dr. NakaMats was once a reject, too. He says his floppy disk got brushed off by six major electronics outfits. “Inventions are best developed on your own,” he allows. “When you work for other people or borrow money from them, maintaining freedom of intellect is difficult.” "

It reminded me of my idea for GTA V's character system and I am curious to what direction it will take a game that I have little in the programing of. Below is my idea quote, what do you think?

Here's an idea using and assumed business model GTA V will have.

Since the three main characters are citizens of SA, the game charges a tax on your in-game bank account for saves, days passed, number of properties owned, etc., with the idea of encouraging one to keep working the story line without going bankrupt, however

once the game has progressed, your characters will have to rely on the properties, political, and notorious status they've acquired in the game to make money while the story missions become even more expensive to accomplish.

Introducing the ability to lose properties, and already progress take overs, will rely on the fact that the Trevor, Franklin, and Micheal are in the end, enemies, and your choice of what character to play on that day will be controlled by how much power and money you left them with while playing through their stories previously. (not to say they will never work together, but everyone stays on their own side)

I like the idea because it reminds me of GTA II where respect is everything and with three "gangs" to satisfy. However with GTA II the player was more or less placed in the roll of GOD rather now, we play as the player, but leaves the difficult question of, "how would it be easy to change from each character to the next?"

over stimulated, pick what to type about

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Am I missing something, or is there no connection between the poll and the OP (apart from floppy disks, of course)?

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Staten @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 01:17)
Am I missing something, or is there no connection between the poll and the OP (apart from floppy disks, of course)?

Yeah, I don't get the connection either. I'll be buying the ps3 and PC version of the game, I guess.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

As others have said the poll and question seem to be unreleated thus may cause later confusion. You can make a new thread that has more correlation.

I'm locking this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users