» «
Photo

GTA Vice City on PSN-- Jan 29/30th

129 replies to this topic
vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:01 AM Edited by vicemann, 02 February 2013 - 07:27 AM.

some good points made about potential reasons why tunes were cut, the estate in Jacksons case, as well as record companies and lawyers of all these artists and rockstar wanting to cost cut...it will be interesting to see if rockstar ever discuss it

here is an article on the steam version issues...but the changes should impact all new digital editions...
http://www.cinemable...oved-50206.html
they claim there is also 2 radio espantoso tunes removed, not sure which 2 tracks they are...and im not sure about 'The Smurf' on wildstyle

if people from the different regions could confirm all the missing music from the psn version that would be good: north america (NTSC), europe/uk/australia (PAL), and japan (NTSC) - just to be sure

i wonder if all the main voice artists were paid extra with the new digital versions, as original agreements may not have covered these latest editions? it may not have been an issue at all, its something ive just thought of, since big name actors voices were used

i would also be curious if all music was kept on GTA3 and San Andreas psn versions recently released, or if only Vice City has the issue of music removal

for exact version differences of the game(not updated to include newer digital versions)...regarding glitches fixed, save glitches fixed, detonator glitch, regular grenades instead of tear gas grenades, and Haitian changes, etc...lists all PS2, XBOX versions...
http://www.gamefaqs....city/faqs/28209

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yep.. That Faq is where i read about the 3 versions for ps2...thanks for posting link.

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5™

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Damn it, why couldn't they get rid of Japanese Boy by Aneka?!? By far the most annoying song I have heard in all my life. Bring back MJ, I'm not a huge fan of his but:
1. His music had a good vibe in VC and it just felt right
2. Anyone's better than Aneka!

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Feb 2 2013, 17:23)
Damn it, why couldn't they get rid of Japanese Boy by Aneka?!? By far the most annoying song I have heard in all my life. Bring back MJ, I'm not a huge fan of his but:

I think I heard that song when I was at the golf club.. some extremist sh*t right there. Very offensive song. but it's not annoying. What's the problem?

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

WTF?!

Why the hell are they taking songs out of the game? That defies the whole point of even releasing it on the PSN!

Looks like I'll have to stick with my Trilogy set after all since I don't want to touch any of the GTA games on the PSN since they all have probably been edited.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Feb 2 2013, 22:23)

Am I the only one who liked that song? tounge2.gif I mean there are better ones for sure but I don't think it's bad. I agree with MJ bringing back his music would be awesome I'm not a big fan of him either but his songs were certainly special. I remember that everytime I started new game and entered to Ken's Admiral Billie Jean started playing, unfortunately that's no longer like that.... cryani.gif Luckily I still have version will all songs..

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5™

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 08:26)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Feb 2 2013, 17:23)

I think I heard that song when I was at the golf club.. some extremist sh*t right there. Very offensive song. but it's not annoying. What's the problem?

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NAAAAAAA
HE'S MA JAPANESE BOI.

You I don't find that annoying. I bow down to you!

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

aneka = rihanna of 80s - but its not annoying, i just find it very offensive

residenteviloutbreak
  • residenteviloutbreak

ccrogers15

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:47 PM Edited by residenteviloutbreak, 03 February 2013 - 10:54 PM.

Kinda surprised rockstar did not try to scam us again with an outrageous 14.99 price tag.

GTA SA on PSN is 14.99 with no new features or anything, while EVERY other ps2 classic is $9.99. Lol

Oh and the post by vicemann, Publishers can publish a game again without consent of voice actors. Its been proven in court that there is no Royalty for voices in games. Music is different though.
This was proven really with lots of games being re released on PSN as PS1 and PS2 classics.

The most recent example was Silent Hill HD Collection. Yes, there was lots of controversy because Guy Chi, the voice of James in SH2, refused to allow his voice in the game no matter what. But eventually Konami reached a settlement with him.
They could of released it anyways with the old voices, but decided to not worry about having someone try to sue them a million times, so decided to try to settle it. All the SH2 voice actors agreed to allow it release, while for SH3, because of bad voice choices, Heather Morris never being famous before OR after SH3, was nowhere to be found, the voice of Douglass died as well. While Donna Burke allowed her voice in SH2 and SH3, it was decided to use a new voice in SH3 for claudia instead to fit with the new voices.

Games dont have Royalty for voices, only music.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

its because its gta san andreas

residenteviloutbreak
  • residenteviloutbreak

ccrogers15

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 22:49)
its because its gta san andreas

Yea, because thats such a large reason. Its still just a game.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Rockstar know people will buy it no matter what since its gta san andreas thats why price is higher - they just as greedy as any other video game studio

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

San Andreas is $15? WTF? I was thinking about buying it since people have said it does not have any edited content, music, or even glitches like missing vans and stuff.

I'll wait until they drop the price because that is too much for a game I already own on the PS2.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 01:12)
San Andreas is $15?  WTF?  I was thinking about buying it since people have said it does not have any edited content, music, or even glitches like missing vans and stuff. 

I'll wait until they drop the price because that is too much for a game I already own on the PS2.

Look at it this way, that is still $5 cheaper than the PS2 version is right now..Last time I was at Wal-Mart #1362(on Friday) and Wal-Mart #919 last night, SA was still $19.86 for the PS2 version(and that was the Greatest Hits version)...so, at least they cut the price some with the release of it as a digital download(it is the same price as on Steam)... tounge2.gif lol.gif

However, for some reason, PS2 games are higher than PC games? As III and VC are $9.99 for PC, yet are $19.86 for PS2-even to this day...Curious as to why PS2 and PS3 games are so much higher than PC games are, when PC games have better graphics and most times(in the case of GTA at least) have added content that was not present on console? confused.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 10:08)
San Andreas is $15?  WTF?  I was thinking about buying it since people have said it does not have any edited content, music, or even glitches like missing vans and stuff. 

Look at it this way, that is still $5 cheaper than the PS2 version is right now..Last time I was at Wal-Mart #1362(on Friday) and Wal-Mart #919 last night, SA was still $19.86 for the PS2 version(and that was the Greatest Hits version)...so, at least they cut the price some with the release of it as a digital download(it is the same price as on Steam)... tounge2.gif lol.gif

However, for some reason, PS2 games are higher than PC games? As III and VC are $9.99 for PC, yet are $19.86 for PS2-even to this day...Curious as to why PS2 and PS3 games are so much higher than PC games are, when PC games have better graphics and most times(in the case of GTA at least) have added content that was not present on console? confused.gif

Yeah, but I own the PS2 version. I would have no problem paying $10 to play it on my PS3, but $15 is too much. Yes, it is only $5, but I have spent more than enough on this game and I barely ever play it.

BTW, I still call bullocks on PC games having better graphics.

residenteviloutbreak
  • residenteviloutbreak

ccrogers15

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 10:08)

However,

The GTA PS2 Trilogy is only 19.99 as well. Which includes all 3 main 3 Era games for only $5 more then this costs.
http://www.walmart.c...ation-2/5366710

Pretty bad considering if, you buy all 3 on PSN, you will pay $35 compared to the price at walmart for the real thing.

vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

residenteviloutbreak thanks for the info on voice actors

can anyone confirm the music in psn versions of gta3 and san andreas...is there any deleted tunes like vc psn or not?

and has anyone noticed any new problems, glitches, oddities, changes, deletions, or new additions to the psn versions of these three gta games other than the deleted music in vc psn?

will be interesting to see if any music is deleted from the psn version of vice city stories, if its released in future on psn

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (vicemann @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 08:02)
residenteviloutbreak thanks for the info on voice actors

can anyone confirm the music in psn versions of gta3 and san andreas...is there any deleted tunes like vc psn or not?

and has anyone noticed any new problems, glitches, oddities, changes, deletions, or new additions to the psn versions of these three gta games other than the deleted music in vc psn?

will be interesting to see if any music is deleted from the psn version of vice city stories, if its released in future on psn

probably more likely to get an answer by asking in the III and SA sections.

vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:34 PM Edited by vicemann, 06 February 2013 - 09:03 AM.

yeah true Spuds, i was just mainly trying to get a general answer regarding if vice was the only gta psn game affected by music deletion...i will read the other threads for other possible changes to san andreas and gta3 psn versions

im also interested in if there are any non music related changes in vice city psn compared to ps2, i know its just been released so I will wait to see if anyone notices any other changes, glitches or improvements to the game whilst playing it

also it will be interesting to see if the australian psn version is also censored like the other australian vice city versions were, but with australia just last month changing their computer game ratings to include the R rating, will vice psn for australian users be censored again, or will it be the uncensored (but Haitian friendly) version like the rest of the world?(and perhaps gta3 and san andreas psn too in australia as they were also censored in australia for ps2 etc)

Aaron1
  • Aaron1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Yeah VC is the only one with cuts, III and SA are the original black labels.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

From my understanding, spraying blood is missing, the Top Fun Van does not appear when you are trying to do the Carrington mission, and people have been talking about some other glitches going on.

vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:18 AM Edited by vicemann, 06 February 2013 - 09:12 AM.

Aaron1 and Dr Kain thanks for posting that info - are you guys playing the uk and north american psn versions respectively?

are you both saying those non music related changes to VC psn is for every region of the world? the spraying blood missing: Australia only, or everywhere?

the glitches, are they new ones or similar to past versions?

edit - ive just read another thread from another forum stating that the tune "Aguanile" on Radio Espantoso is also missing, but i dont see a tune called that on any list of that stations music...I heard there are 2 tunes from that station missing(dont know which ones)...and apparantly there are major problems with the radio in the ambulance and police cars...its def the version 2 haitian friendly version...a poster said water and blood droplets missing

let us know of any additions or improvements too if you find any

looks like VC still censored in Australia for psn, despite the new R ratings changes being accepted - and it appears censored worldwide too(blood)?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 01:23)
From my understanding, spraying blood is missing, the Top Fun Van does not appear when you are trying to do the Carrington mission, and people have been talking about some other glitches going on.

If this is true, this is just a spawning bug-- if you go and get one of the other top fun vans and park it where that one is, it should allow you to complete the mission--

On my original PS2 version (but played on PS3)-- the beach top fun van won't spawn either-- you have to bring your own... this parking spot is a pain to find (to get the mission to start).

And a little known fact-- if you have a wanted level when not on a mission and want to clear it-- get in a top fun van, start whichever RC mission that is there... immediately fail it-- and when you exit, your wanted level will be gone.

Aaron1
  • Aaron1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (vicemann @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 08:18)
Aaron1 and Dr Kain thanks for posting that info - are you guys playing the uk and north american psn versions respectively?

are you both saying those non music related changes to VC psn is for every region of the world? the spraying blood missing: Australia only, or everywhere?

the glitches, are they new ones or similar to past versions?

edit - ive just read another thread from another forum stating that the tune "Aguanile" on Radio Espantoso is also missing, but i dont see a tune called that on any list of that stations music...I heard there are 2 tunes from that station missing(dont know which ones)...and apparantly there are major problems with the radio in the ambulance and police cars...its def the version 2 haitian friendly version...a poster said water and blood droplets missing

let us know of any additions or improvements too if you find any

looks like VC still censored in Australia for psn, despite the new R ratings changes being accepted - and it appears censored worldwide too(blood)?

I don't know 100% because I haven't bought VC (if it didn't have the cuts I would have), but as for III and SA, I bought and downloaded them from the US Store and not the UK Store.

vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:15 AM Edited by vicemann, 07 February 2013 - 07:29 AM.

ok Aaron1, I will wait to see if all regions report no blood droplets...if that happens its censored for everyone on psn, but why would they do that?

finally rockstar make comment on the missing music...from the rockstar site:
http://www.rockstarg...ble-on-psn.html
"Some songs aren't on the soundtrack for this release. Of course we would have loved to include all the songs from the 2002 release – unfortunately the world of music licensing isn’t always accommodating."

(and if anyone knows which two radio espantoso tunes are missing please post them)

also of note - psn vc still not released in germany, no confirmation it will get released there, and ps2 cheats work on the psn version

with all the music missing, and cuts, problems, and no blood it sounds like it should be called:
gta vice city (the psn, butchered version)

Aaron1
  • Aaron1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Yeah just stick with the original disc in this case. I would buy the US version anyway though because it's NTSC, I buy all my PS1 and PS2 Classics off there.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

from here in eutope I noticed changes, like one of tommy's little speeches were cut 9the ones he does after cutscenes) and also in guadian angels diaz says "chase that dickhead" down they cut the word "hatian"

interesting to see how political correctness has changed in the last 10 years.
I will go nuts with a chainsaw to see if there are blood droplets.

how do you get things from the US store if you are in the UK, how do you add funds because won't the ps store codes be UK not US therefore invalid witha US account and same goes for adding funds via credit or debit cards

vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

with so much music missing from vice city psn version I had a think about what other tunes would have been a good fit for the game

hypothetically for vice city, I would have liked seeing tunes like 'Order Of Death' by Public Image Ltd, which featured in the Miami Vice TV episode 'Little Miss Dangerous' for Wave 103...and for Flash FM, the U2 track 'The Unforgettable Fire' from album of the same name in 1984, the single was released 85...and for Fever 105, 'Somebody's Watching Me' by Rockwell

For Vice City Stories 'Ride Like The Wind' by Christopher Cross from 1980 would have suited the soundtrack nicely for maybe Flash FM

for San Andreas I would have liked to hear some Body Count tunes, Ice T's band...Body Count album was released 1992, the same year the game is set, and Ice T was one of the voices in the game(perhaps explicit lyrics would have prevented that)...and Pink Floyd - 'Run Like Hell' or 'Comfortably Numb' would have been good for the classic rock station...and some Curtis Mayfield for the rare groove station

looking forward to see what the soundtrack will be like for GTA5

and I wonder if they will ever do a GTA based in the 1970s...a great decade for music

vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 14:26)

let us know how you go with that

Aaron1
  • Aaron1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 14:26)
from here in eutope I noticed changes, like one of tommy's little speeches were cut 9the ones he does after cutscenes) and also in guadian angels diaz says "chase that dickhead" down they cut the word "hatian"

interesting to see how political correctness has changed in the last 10 years.

how do you get things from the US store if you are in the UK, how do you add funds because won't the ps store codes be UK not US therefore invalid witha US account and same goes for adding funds via credit or debit cards

Just buy a US PS Store card from ebay, I get mine off pcgamesupply

And I don't see why blood would be cut, I think blood in the German versions were cut only, if you have a EU PS2 and GTA3, then switch your console to German in the settings, the blood will be cut and you can't kick people on the ground, but not sure if it's the same for VC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users