Photo

GTA Vice City on PSN-- Jan 29/30th

129 replies to this topic
Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

I can't download the game!! not enough space but I HAVE 8 GB AVALIABLE ITS GLITCH ON PSN?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Is this the Haitian-friendly version?
Does it have all the original glitches? (wheels on helicopter, hole above mansion's pool, detonator bug, etc...)

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

Guess i have to buy myself new PSN card. Hope LCS and VCS will come also soon.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:54 AM Edited by radioman, 31 January 2013 - 06:56 AM.

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 18:03)
It's up... and it's 3.6 GB

That can't be right, as even the PC version is only 1.96GB and that gets installed to a hard drive as well...So, what did they do-add more content to the game to make the sizes larger? Just curious. lol

But, good to see it was added to PSN finally-along with SA? smile.gif

So Michael jackson songs have been removed from the game

No they were not, as on the PC version every time I play a new game, the first song heard is "Billie Jean by Michael Jackson"-same for the PS2 version as well, so a little curious on that conclusion? confused.gif

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 01:54)
QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 18:03)
It's up... and it's 3.6 GB

That can't be right, as even the PC version is only 1.96GB and that gets installed to a hard drive as well...So, what did they do-add more content to the game to make the sizes larger? Just curious. lol

But, good to see it was added to PSN finally-along with SA? smile.gif

So Michael jackson songs have been removed from the game

No they were not, as on the PC version every time I play a new game, the first song heard is "Billie Jean by Michael Jackson"-same for the PS2 version as well, so a little curious on that conclusion? confused.gif

Well they are im my version. so idk what you are playing.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

On the Newswire they said some songs were removed. So it was the MJ songs?

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 02:20)

Michael Jackson -"Billie Jean"
Michael Jackson -"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"
Ozzy Osbourne -"Bark At The Moon"
Kate Bush -"Wow"
Herbie Hancock - "Rock It"
Afrika Bambaataa -"Looking For The Perfect Beat"
Lionel Richie - "Running with the night"

These are the songs removed.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Wait, it's removed from PSN version as well? confused.gif Well obviously Lionel Richie's - "Running with the night" is removed but what about other songs?

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

It's higher download (3 GB) because it's a download off on Playstation Store. I can't download it because I need to have like 10 gb free to make it work, that's how I made it work for GTA SA. I'm gonna delete another game, but just deciding what game I should for this wonderful masterpiece, the first GTA I played back in 2003 when I was 8 years old.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 07:56)
Wait, it's removed from PSN version as well? confused.gif Well obviously Lionel Richie's - "Running with the night" is removed but what about other songs?

Yes, all the songs I posted were removed from psn, steam and the 10th anniversary.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Acetaminophen @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 12:19)
Wait, it's removed from PSN version as well? confused.gif   Well obviously Lionel Richie's - "Running with the night" is removed but what about other songs?

Yes, all the songs I posted were removed from psn, steam and the 10th anniversary.

Actually, those songs are still on the Steam version-that is what version I have been playing lately and those songs are still there(bought when they had it on sale in October 2011)...Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 14:40)
QUOTE (Acetaminophen @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 12:19)

Actually, those songs are still on the Steam version-that is what version I have been playing lately and those songs are still there(bought when they had it on sale in October 2011)...Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

Oh well they took Vice City off of steam for a while and when it came back up they were taken out. so you have the old version. Never delete it! lol

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I bought VC in the 2012 Christmas sale on Steam and I'm 99% sure Billie Jean played when I first got into the Admiral at Rosenburg's office.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Why take admiral?
WHEN YOU CAN TAKE FAGGIO!!

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Gary-X @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 16:20)
I bought VC in the 2012 Christmas sale on Steam and I'm 99% sure Billie Jean played when I first got into the Admiral at Rosenburg's office.

http://www.cinemable...oved-50206.html

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Not sure of the "legal" reason-- but VC was taken of steam for a while and the VC mobile versions had removed songs-- I believe there were some licensing issues- so not surprised the PSN release had songs removed as well.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I forgot what Tommy sounded like!! LOL even tho VC was my first GTA

Muffin_Man
  • Muffin_Man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Aslong as Ghetto Life is onit i dont give a F*ck

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

Why is it obvious that song would be removed?

PlaystationGamer266
  • PlaystationGamer266

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

What the f*ck rockstar, you could have atleast replaced the songs!! ffs

vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Acetaminophen @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 07:28)
QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 02:20)

Michael Jackson -"Billie Jean"
Michael Jackson -"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"
Ozzy Osbourne -"Bark At The Moon"
Kate Bush -"Wow"
Herbie Hancock - "Rock It"
Afrika Bambaataa -"Looking For The Perfect Beat"
Lionel Richie - "Running with the night"

These are the songs removed.

Yeah it appears those songs are not in the psn version as well as:
Tyrone Brunson - "The Smurf" - from Wildstyle radio station
if this gta wiki is correct...
http://gta.wikia.com...n_GTA_Vice_City
the tunes in the radio stations list with a little '4' next to them are removed from the new versions of vice city, plus Lionel Richie - "Running With The Night", which has its own clear removal description, rather than a '4'

and for the person that asked if this is the Haitian friendly version...I would definately think so

are rockstar promoting this version as the same as the ps2 version? as its clearly not...and I think its pretty dishonest of them not to mention it...the music is a major element of the game, just as all the great music in Miami Vice TV show was a major element...having 8 tunes removed, including 3 of the more impactful popular tunes (2 jackson tunes, and lionel richie tune), it is a version which has some of the great vibe taken away, so its not the same experience...some may not care, or may think its not that big a deal, but for me it matters...the music licensing issues remind me of a similar problem with Maimi Vice DVDs - it took a long time for each season to be in stores i heard due to so many commercial music tracks used in the show...unfortunately for Vice City fans some of the music has actually been removed, whereas the Miami Vice DVDs I'm pretty sure all music got included from the original TV show

for Vice City, playing this game on the PS2 is the true original, complete with proper soundtrack

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

for Vice City, playing this game on the PS2 is the true original, complete with proper soundtrack

Also, the PC version still has the complete soundtrack too without any removals...

Which brings me to a question about that: Since the newer Steam releases have some songs removed, what about the copies(CD's for PC/DVD's for PS2) that are still sold in stores-do they have the complete soundtrack still or not? I have the Original PC release and the Trilogy release(from when the Trilogy first came out) and they have the complete soundtrack-just not sure if they changed the disc copies as well or not since then? confused.gif

and for the person that asked if this is the Haitian friendly version...I would definately think so

ALL versions are the Haitian friendly versions-from the PS2 Greatest hits to the PS2 Trilogy to the PS2 Double Pack to the Original PC version to the PC Trilogy version to the X-Box version....Just a heads up. lol smile.gif Cause if i'm not mistaken, Spuds said only the Original PS2 release is not the Haitian friendly version?

However, What does not make sense is: How can there be licensing issues on a game that has been out for over 10 years(since 2002 for PS2 and 2003 for PC)? I mean, wouldn't they have caught that before now? Also, Rockstar already paid for the tracks back when they first released the game(back in 2002/2003), so you would think it would be all good? Just curious... confused.gif

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Feb 1 2013, 20:01)
Also, the PC version still has the complete soundtrack too without any removals...

Lionel Richie's "Running With The Night" was cut from all versions after the original PS2 game.

ALL versions are the Haitian friendly versions-from the PS2 Greatest hits to the PS2 Trilogy to the PS2 Double Pack to the Original PC version to the PC Trilogy version to the X-Box version....Just a heads up. lol smile.gif Cause if i'm not mistaken, Spuds said only the Original PS2 release is not the Haitian friendly version?

What exactly do you mean by "Haitian friendly"?

However, What does not make sense is: How can there be licensing issues on a game that has been out for over 10 years(since 2002 for PS2 and 2003 for PC)? I mean, wouldn't they have caught that before now? Also, Rockstar already paid for the tracks back when they first released the game(back in 2002/2003), so you would think it would be all good? Just curious... confused.gif

Either the licensing they got when producing the game has expired or (and I think I remember reading this somewhere) the licensing did not cover digital download copies of the game. If the former, brand new discs of the game should have these songs removed as well. If the latter, they would still have them while the digital copies of the game would not.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

For that, we will have to let Spuds explain that one in more details, as he knows more about that than I do...However, apparently some dialogue were changed/missions altered to make the game Haitian friendly...not a lot was changed, if I remember right?

vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Andreaz - I think you may be on the money re some of the music licencing expiring and/or not renewed or not valid for digital download versions...another point is rockstar may have had to renew/update to use any or all tracks, so cost cutting could have been involved, or the performers in question may not have wanted to continue having their tune in the game for whatever reason

i have heard no comment from rockstar despite a few people directly asking about it, and you would imagine them getting alot of complaints

and for the best info I have seen on the many differences between all the versions of Vice City, including original release and the other versions which are 'Haitian friendly' with certain dialogue and scenes cut or altered, after complaints from the Haitian community re how Haitians were portrayed in the original PS2 version, google a guy called: Robert Allen Rusk who has a great blog and help on the Vice games

so yeah radioman 'Running With The Night', it appears is only on PS2...one of the best tunes of the game

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by Spuds725, 01 February 2013 - 10:23 PM.

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Feb 1 2013, 15:16)

For that, we will have to let Spuds explain that one in more details, as he knows more about that than I do...However, apparently some dialogue were changed/missions altered to make the game Haitian friendly...not a lot was changed, if I remember right?

Ok-- the whole "haitian friendly" think came out of a New York City tv station shaming Rockstar by taking some dialogue out of context-- in the original game, One of the Umberto Robina missions there is a mission instruction to "kill all the Haitians"-- obviously they could not distinquish between the "haitian" gang in the game and the "haitian" people in real life-- so they accused rockstar of promoting genocide--- the wanted a total recall of the game--- Rockstar Caved partially by changing future releases of the game-- I believe any game disk or download created after about 2004, had this removed as well as few more lines of derogatory dialogue aimed at the "haitian" gang (not the real life haitian people).

More info below....

http://gta.wikia.com/Haitians

http://www.cnn.com/2...reut/index.html

http://www.gamespot....ce-city-6085346

I don't believe any missions were changed-- only some cutscenes dialogue--- and some brief/screen instructions.

Hope this clears it up....

I do recall that there were at least 3 different PS2 versions of the game whose saves were not compatible with each other....

1. Original PS2 release-- Not Haitian Friendly
2. Early doublepack (VC and III)-- Not Haitian Friendly
3. Later doublepack & Triple pack versions (III, VC, San Andreas)-- Haitian Friendly-- there were probably some single disk releases made after this that were also haitian friendly-- I'm not sure if any of these were not compatible with the the later doublepack and Triple pack versions... so there actually may be more then 3 PS2 versions.

Anyway-- I have no way of knowing if the PSN version just released saves are compatible with any of the earlier versions, or if there is even a way to get your PS2 saves onto the PS3 "folder" where the PSN version saves are kept--

I happen to have the original PS2 version and my PS3 was bought in 2008 and was the last model that was backwards compatible (able to play PS2 games)-- for my PS3--- I bought a memory card reader off ebay and transferred saves to my PS3-- on mine you can create "virtual" memory cards on your hard drive to hold the saves. The downside of my ps3 is it only has an 80 GB hard drive-- although I'm sure I could install a bigger one if needed-- still have about 13 GB available

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

or the performers in question may not have wanted to continue having their tune in the game for whatever reason

Everything made sense until that part, as for the Michael Jackson songs that can't be the case as he is deceased(dead), so how can he contest about his songs being in game or not? Just curious? confused.gif

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 01 February 2013 - 10:27 PM.

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Feb 1 2013, 23:13)
or the performers in question may not have wanted to continue having their tune in the game for whatever reason

Everything made sense until that part, as for the Michael Jackson songs that can't be the case as he is deceased(dead), so how can he contest about his songs being in game or not? Just curious? confused.gif

The artists wouldn't have any say in it, the record company owns the rights to their songs. They are the ones complaining.

As for the Haitian friendly thing, I need to reinstall my game but I won't do that right now.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Feb 1 2013, 18:13)

His "estate" could have protested.... however I'm betting it was their record labels. I'm betting that since the songs were originally licensed for disk purchase and now all games are being downloaded (PSN, Steam, IOS, Android)-- and this violated the original license agreements-- someone wanted more money and Rockstar didn't wan to pony up any more.

I blame the blood sucking lawyers...

Aaron1
  • Aaron1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

I haven't bought this since it's the only one that seems to have cuts, but what I just noticed is that the one on the US store is 3.6GB but on the PAL store it's 4.2GB IIRC.

And since my original black label disc is PAL and it didn't seem to have any additional VA so what's with the size? Anyone got the UK download and can confirm all those songs were cut?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users