Photo

Trunks

25 replies to this topic
Jordan_Philip
  • Jordan_Philip

"Dimitri, I took care of that thing for you."

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Before SA was released there was a screenshot in game informer i think of a trunk full of stuff like a basketball and a pipe or something. I remember them saying we would actually be able to utilize the trunk space in that game but it never happened. I wonder if well be able to put people and objects in the trunks in V

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

The screenshot they released at the time was from a cut-scene in the game.

It was during a GTAIV preview that one publication saw an info message pop-up that said to press the left bumper to open the trunk, as seen in this article of mine from 2007: http://www.gta4.net/...cars-in-gta-iv/

Considering it seems like this was a planned feature for GTAIV, chances are good it might end up in GTAV. For IV, it probably wasn't finished or they scrapped it.

real-life-G
  • real-life-G

real life G-ready G-raphicx founder

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

They also said this was the case in,gta iv but never come of anything would be a nice feature could imigine killing a ped putting him in my trunk then going to the country and dumping the body somewhere remote so pumped for this game what ever we can do.

o ye first post woop

Jordan_Philip
  • Jordan_Philip

"Dimitri, I took care of that thing for you."

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 19:04)

It was during a GTAIV preview that one publication saw an info message pop-up that said to press the left bumper to open the trunk, as seen in this article of mine from 2007: http://www.gta4.net/...cars-in-gta-iv/

Considering it seems like this was a planned feature for GTAIV, chances are good it might end up in GTAV. For IV, it probably wasn't finished or they scrapped it.

Thats the exact shot i was thinking of! But sorry man i must have read it somewhere else. Ive never been on gtaiv.net

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Yeah from what I remember in 2004 there wasn't a preview that said we'd be able to open trunks... it was all just rumor based on assumptions as a result of that one San Andreas screenshot. I remember even I myself got excited at the time thinking it's a new feature!

But anyway, years later, a publication saw it for GTAIV during a demo... so.... certainly a good possibility the feature will finally make its way to GTA! There already is some more interactive animations going on if you look at the red car in Trailer #1.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (real-life-G @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 20:06)
They also said this was the case in,gta iv but never come of anything would be a nice feature could imigine killing a ped putting him in my trunk then going to the country and dumping the body somewhere remote so pumped for this game what ever we can do.

o ye first post woop

This. And cops wouldn't follow if they didn't see the dead body in the trunk.

real-life-G
  • real-life-G

real life G-ready G-raphicx founder

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 19:14)
QUOTE (real-life-G @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 20:06)

o ye first post woop

This. And cops wouldn't follow if they didn't see the dead body in the trunk.

ye also that lol i think there is more chance of it being included in gta v tho well we can hope i wont be disappointed if not.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I don't see a point to it. The only thing I would find enjoyable about it would be if you could stuff people in there, kind of like the lasso in RDR.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 19:34)
I don't see a point to it. The only thing I would find enjoyable about it would be if you could stuff people in there, kind of like the lasso in RDR.

Yeah, or Sleeping Dogs. The animation for putting people in your trunk was just awesome.

I think the OP just wants some junk in his trunk.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

They can't have the lasso feature in RDR and not include some sort form of that in V. They simply can't.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 19:04)

It can have a function similar or identicle to putting peds on horseback in RDR.

I've said this before, but we should be able to use cable ties to bind peds hands and feet, yeah no lasso and NO handcuffs, go to DIY store and get 100 cable ties and you have makeshift handcuffs.
Police used modified versions of these themselves when there's too many hands for cuffs.

Fingercuffs.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 19:14)
Yeah from what I remember in 2004 there wasn't a preview that said we'd be able to open trunks... it was all just rumor based on assumptions as a result of that one San Andreas screenshot. I remember even I myself got excited at the time thinking it's a new feature!

But anyway, years later, a publication saw it for GTAIV during a demo... so.... certainly a good possibility the feature will finally make its way to GTA! There already is some more interactive animations going on if you look at the red car in Trailer #1.

The GTA IV preview actually said that when you walked around the car a "Press XT To Open The Boot" came up.

It took a bit for us to figure out that boot meant trunk in the translation

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 01:31)

The GTA IV preview actually said that when you walked around the car a "Press XT To Open The Boot" came up.

Yet every English/UK person knows you Americans called them Trunk and Hood, you haven't got the slightest clue of our language. Boot and Bonnet.

Super power of the world or just ignorant in your belief of being Super power of the world.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 01:34)

Yet every English/UK person knows you Americans called them Trunk and Hood, you haven't got the slightest clue of our language. Boot and Bonnet.

Super power of the world or just ignorant in your belief of being Super power of the world.

Sorry we dont study European English.

The reason ALL OF YOU know we call it trunk and hood is because of movies. Most major mainstream movies are made in or by americans and therefor our language and culture is more easily accessible to the rest of the world.

No one said anything about americans being superior, go act butt hurt somewhere else.

wthatloozeruknow
  • wthatloozeruknow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

I really hope we can use the trunks is V. I would totally utilize this feature by stuffing peds in the trunk. also fill a trunk up with more gas cans = bigger explosions! Heck even just moving some propane tanks to roll down hills into intersections and watching the result.
I hope we can utilize flat bed trucks to move more than one car.

Los Santos County Sheriff
  • Los Santos County Sheriff

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

squaredb
  • squaredb

sleeping with a sneer

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

My trunk will be filled with nothing short of riot gear and rocket launchers. And more of the above will be met with my size 12 boot ripping a new size 12 ass.

Darkgamr
  • Darkgamr

Keep It Gucci

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 20:34)

your point is supposed to be that everyone knows what we call them and no one knows what you call them, so we're LESS significant in the world? You're making the opposite point, no one gives a rat's ass about what you call them because it's not a big deal and almost none of your culture is significant enough to have any influence on the rest of the world. Stop trying to pick anti american fights at inappropriate times, you're just making your country look like elitist assholes.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

If this time we don't have "magic weapons" and we actually need to carry them, it would be the perfect spot to place guns, maybe the heist bags, small stolen goods from houses/ stores if that is available or dead bodies, if we could carry them like in Assassins Creed and put them into the trunk it would be good enough.

DickieM
  • DickieM

►S☼LS◄

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Jordan_Philip @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 18:54)
Before SA was released there was a screenshot in game informer i think of a trunk full of stuff like a basketball and a pipe or something. I remember them saying we would actually be able to utilize the trunk space in that game but it never happened. I wonder if well be able to put people and objects in the trunks in V

we should use trunks to carry rifles and heavy weapons and sh*t so we don't have to pull em outta our asses.

albanyave
  • albanyave

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

This would be a nice addition. Could bring more realism to the game. Instead of calling the gun van, you could have your own stash. Bodies in the trunk. icon14.gif Maybe a place to put all the items you find to sell to the pawn shops. The uses of the trunk can be endless.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

I lost my hope for this since GTA IV.

No idea why this was never put into the game, but for some reason I doubt it will be in GTA V. As reason I could imagine them saying that it would have been "too difficult" to animate this for every vehicle in the game....

vincentmillidge
  • vincentmillidge

vincent millidge III

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

It would be a cool feature if done properly, weapon alternatives (assault rifle/AK, pistol/revolver, grenade/molotov) could be accessed from it ie once your assault rifle is empty you could go get the Ak 47 or more rounds for each weapon could be accessed ie once you run out of shotgun shells you could get more from the trunk, all excess round bought would be ready to access from the trunk. Another use could be the ol' action, gangster movie classic of putting people in the trunk, similar to the lasso kidnap feature on RDR (instead of lassoing folk, you could cable tie or tie up with rope or handcuff people and instead of riding off with them hogtied on the back of your horse you could drive off with them in your trunk.

Although not absolutely necessary it would be a nice touch

S1LV3R_W0LF - exactly

GratuitousViolets
  • GratuitousViolets

Numpty

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I can't remember what game it was (perhaps Sleeping Dogs?) where certain trunks on the police cars after a certain point of the game could be accessed for weapons. Now THAT is the kind of feature I'd like to see in GTA V. It'd be kind of cool for there to be tire irons or baseball bats in the trunk of various cars, perhaps even occasionally maybe a car would have a healing kit or random collectables or things that could be sold for money.

Hopefully they utilize the trunks this time around, I can only think of two occasions maybe they were used in IV? Seemed a waste.

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Imagine if you kill an officer and put his body in the trunk, then on a police pursuit if they arrest you, they will search the car for weapons or illegal substances, and they find the dead cop wow.gif or if you hit the car and the trunk opens they can see it while on pursuit haha!

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Darkgamr @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 21:26)
almost none of your culture is significant enough to have any influence on the rest of the world.

Let's not be forgetting where GTA comes from pal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users