Photo

The hunt for Trevor's voice actor!

1,482 replies to this topic
NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (Coat. @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 05:17)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 05:14)
QUOTE (Coat. @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 05:10)
GTA-King- Check this guy out please.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0923974/

Do you have any videos or pictures of this fella? Having a hard time finding any.

Relate to this post: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062084434

He has been in Law & order SVU. Check him out.

you got any videos on this guy, Coat? I've looked like crazy.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

^Yeah, it would be nice to see some videos... if there is any.

Coat.
  • Coat.

Flamboyant

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:33 AM Edited by Coat., 01 January 2013 - 05:45 AM.

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 05:26)
^Yeah, it would be nice to see some videos... if there is any.

He was in a Law & order SVU episode. You could try to find him there.

A few pages back a member posted a picture on what he looks like.

GTA-King, you should create a table on your OP with a list of possible actors, from likely to unlikely. Right now Rob would be at the top as likely. If he turns out not to be Trev, you can put a cross through his name with a status of: impossible.

EDIT: He was in a Law & order SVU episode called, 'Rebels' as Milton Stillman.

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

I kind of hope it's not Rob. He doesn't like Jimmy Fallon.

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:47 AM Edited by NudasPriest, 01 January 2013 - 05:50 AM.

I happened to find a link, http://www.tv-links...._12/episode_14/

That is an episode in 2002, so he must look similar but 10 years of aging and any changes in weight can make a lot of difference on a face, and also sometimes a voice.

Just wanted to say I watched it to see the resemblance because IMDB has no pics and I might as well see a face and hear a voice. He's near the end (i'd say somewhere around the 30-40 min mark).

Personally, he didn't sound too much or look too much like the character. But the voice in the episode sounded like it wasn't his natural voice, whereas the voice in the trailer for Trevor's sounds pretty natural and more relaxed, less like acting (to me).

I'd say the Shapiro Bros. are close but they still aren't the Super Shapiro Bros., because I personally think while Rick was in GTA IV, I don't think Rob is in GTA V as Trevor even though they both look similar. The voice isn't close enough in any of the videos I've seen, consistently, to totally sell it for me.

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Yea I just watched the SVU off of netflix, it's not him.

GingerGrin
  • GingerGrin

The man with a naughty smile

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

user posted image

How is this one? biggrin.gif

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by playaindahood, 01 January 2013 - 06:19 AM.

QUOTE (GingerGrin @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 06:03)
user posted image

How is this one? biggrin.gif

well it's almost completely terrible.

just kidding. im going to give the hair thing a try. actually im too lazy. someone else try

Coat.
  • Coat.

Flamboyant

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Here is Rob's resume.

Various accents/dialects ; diverse assortment of wild/psychotic/offbeat/ serious/comedic characters; silent physical comedy . COMPLETELY UNWRITTEN, STREAM OF CONCIOUSNESS, STAND UP COMEDY. Bartending, personal fitness training, boxing, biking, swimming, horseback riding, yoga, driverís license, conversational French and Spanish.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

^ It all just fits!

panic.gif

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

If it was somehow Rob Shapiro then would Trevor's lines be improvised? An interesting thought. But would they let him improvise? Unless a lot of the dialogue is already unscripted but I assume with a game wouldn't it be more rigid?

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (NudasPriest @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 09:54)
If it was somehow Rob Shapiro then would Trevor's lines be improvised? An interesting thought. But would they let him improvise? Unless a lot of the dialogue is already unscripted but I assume with a game wouldn't it be more rigid?

he may have been allowed to make up things to say for free roaming stuff, like when you run over a ped, or swearing, or whatever, but definitely not for story stuff where the script is important.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:09 AM Edited by jamieleng, 01 January 2013 - 10:13 AM.

QUOTE (Coat. @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 07:57)
Here is Rob's resume.

Various accents/dialects ; diverse assortment of wild/psychotic/offbeat/ serious/comedic characters; silent physical comedy . COMPLETELY UNWRITTEN, STREAM OF CONCIOUSNESS, STAND UP COMEDY. Bartending, personal fitness training, boxing, biking, swimming, horseback riding, yoga, driverís license, conversational French and Spanish.

He does yoga wow.gif it's definitely him.

Brawly
  • Brawly

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Here is Rob's resume.

Dude I already posted that.

Coat.
  • Coat.

Flamboyant

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Brawly @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 10:15)
Here is Rob's resume.

Would you like a medal and a pat on the back with that?

---

No, but really. I'm sure Trevors line aren't improvied, but as he is already a comedian he is trained to improvise. He could of helped write the script and his parts to show what his view would be on the situation.

Since he is not replying to any tweets, and is blocking everything, makes it that much more sus. Not to mention he looks like him and he even says he has a various range of accents he can do, as well as silent physical comedy. Look, Trevor is a comedian. Watch the trailer, is a complete nut-case/comedian. Rob's brother has also worked with R* in the past on numerous occasions. I think R* offered that part to him for Trevor, but Rick didn't accept the offer; instead he told R* to contact his brother instead.

They could of used Rick's face for Trevor but Rob's vocals easily. He may not be Trevor, and if he turns out not to be him, I'd be very surprised. I mean, really, who else can it possibly be. There was a video a member posted comparing the voices and they are very much the same. I'm sure Rob (if he is Trevor) did lessons on getting that real southern American gravelly type accent to voice Trevor.

People who are complaining that we are wasting time and saying it's not Rob. Just stop talking and typing, and just look at all the evidence and proof we have. And if you are still not agreeing, use constructive critisism... it's simple.

Brawly
  • Brawly

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Coat. @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 11:03)
QUOTE (Brawly @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 10:15)
Here is Rob's resume.

Would you like a medal and a pat on the back with that?

---

No, but really. I'm sure Trevors line aren't improvied, but as he is already a comedian he is trained to improvise. He could of helped write the script and his parts to show what his view would be on the situation.

Since he is not replying to any tweets, and is blocking everything, makes it that much more sus. Not to mention he looks like him and he even says he has a various range of accents he can do, as well as silent physical comedy. Look, Trevor is a comedian. Watch the trailer, is a complete nut-case/comedian. Rob's brother has also worked with R* in the past on numerous occasions. I think R* offered that part to him for Trevor, but Rick didn't accept the offer; instead he told R* to contact his brother instead.

They could of used Rick's face for Trevor but Rob's vocals easily. He may not be Trevor, and if he turns out not to be him, I'd be very surprised. I mean, really, who else can it possibly be. There was a video a member posted comparing the voices and they are very much the same. I'm sure Rob (if he is Trevor) did lessons on getting that real southern American gravelly type accent to voice Trevor.

People who are complaining that we are wasting time and saying it's not Rob. Just stop talking and typing, and just look at all the evidence and proof we have. And if you are still not agreeing, use constructive critisism... it's simple.

No, just pointing it out since I posted it on the last page which you clearly didn't read.

Anyway, people should stop annoying Rob Shapiro on his twitter. He clearly doesn't want morons to keep bugging and asking the same sh*t over and over. Leave the guy and his brother alone. Obviously they have a contract where they can't confirm or deny anything so its pretty pointless asking them.

If he admits that he's the VA for Trevor. Then everyone will be annoying and messeging him.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

@Brawly

Well I haven't asked him anything about Trevor or GTA. Then again, if the people who did hadn't, we wouldn't have found out that he won't even talk about it. So that's something.

EverBlazin
  • EverBlazin

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Maybe his voice actor doesn't look like him. Like how Niko looked exactly like Vladimir Mashkov, but not much his voice actor.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 13:21)
@Brawly

Well I haven't asked him anything about Trevor or GTA. Then again, if the people who did hadn't, we wouldn't have found out that he won't even talk about it. So that's something.

Agreed.

If Rob truly wants us to leave him alone, he would just deny being Trevor. The fact that he hasn't is what's interesting.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I don't think this is Trevor. I hope not. That guys voice is from hell.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I still think it's possible that Slamman could be the VA of Trevor.

http://www.gtaforums...?showuser=36294

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Brawly @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 11:56)
Anyway, people should stop annoying Rob Shapiro on his twitter. He clearly doesn't want morons to keep bugging and asking the same sh*t over and over. Leave the guy and his brother alone. Obviously they have a contract where they can't confirm or deny anything so its pretty pointless asking them.

If he admits that he's the VA for Trevor. Then everyone will be annoying and messeging him.

Don't overreact on things, when I said some pages back that we should spam Rob I was joking, I'm sure that just like 5 people actually asked him, I see nothing wrong with that.

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 11:39)
I still think it's possible that Slamman could be the VA of Trevor.

http://www.gtaforums...?showuser=36294

LOL if Slamman turned out to be Trevor I will leave this forum.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

is it just me that gets reminded of Michael Ironside when they think of Trevor?

user posted image

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Does anyone think that if it is Rob, he simply hasn't contacted R* about the Trevor comments, so they haven't told him to take down his twitter?

He seems like he might not do things "by the book."

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 20:01)
Does anyone think that if it is Rob, he simply hasn't contacted R* about the Trevor comments, so they haven't told him to take down his twitter?

I'm not sure about Shawn Fonteno but Ned Luke didn't really use Twitter on a regular basis, whereas Shapiro seems to be quite active on it. Or R* has realised that making them close their accounts, pretty much confirms that it's them. Or Rob is just messing with us by avoiding all questions regarding GTA (or video games in general). Who knows?

At least we are finally in the year of our lord & master and are edging ever closer to V Day

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 20:39)
QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 20:01)

I'm not sure about Shawn Fonteno but Ned Luke didn't really use Twitter on a regular basis, whereas Shapiro seems to be quite active on it. Or R* has realised that making them close their accounts, pretty much confirms that it's them. Or Rob is just messing with us by avoiding all questions regarding GTA (or video games in general). Who knows?

At least we are finally in the year of our lord & master and are edging ever closer to V Day

He avoidence is wild, but to block anyone that asks about his connection is a yes in my book. I think the only reason it has been shut down is because of the blocks.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Another thing is since he is so active on twitter he might want to keep his twitter account open as he actually uses it.

KieranTheSquid
  • KieranTheSquid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

While I think what you guys are doing is just fantastic, I still just don't think you've got the right guy... I think Rob's is just too different to Trevor's. I think the reason why Rob hasn't confirmed or denied that he is Trevor's VA is because he sees it as a good way to get more followers and YouTube views. If he flat out denied it, everyone would just move onto someone else so I think he's just trying to increase his popularity.
Keep up the good work guys, I just fine this all so fascinating!

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Killjoy2022 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 18:43)
is it just me that gets reminded of Michael Ironside when they think of Trevor?

user posted image

yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users