» «
Photo

The hunt for Trevor's voice actor!

1,482 replies to this topic
GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:26 AM Edited by GTA-King, 11 May 2013 - 06:21 PM.

user posted image

The hunt for Trevor's voice actor!

graphic made by GingerGrin

It seems each character's voice actors have played roles similar to the ones they play in the game. Ned has played morally challenged characters like Michael and OG Solo has played gangsta types like Franklin. Maybe we should look for guys who have played roles like Trevor, and who happens to look like him (just like how Ned looks like Michael and OG Solo like Franklin). Here's are all the pictures we have of Trevor (feel free to add the ones I might miss). These may help the search:

user posted image

http://img.ibtimes.c...ta-v-trevor.jpg
http://attackofthefa...ta-v-trevor.jpg
http://cdn.gamerant....eens-Trevor.jpg
http://www.gtagaming.../1352936960.jpg
http://cdn.gamerant....r-Execution.jpg
http://www.igta5.com...ape-on-that.jpg
http://images4.wikia...revor_GTA_V.png

Here are some sound clips of Trevor's voice, thanks to deffpony: Click.

We MUST find out Trevor's voice actor! It can't be just me that wants to know, right!? We've got Michael's and Franklin's... now we need Trevor's. Of course... it could just be my OCD. I will be rewarding the person who finds the voice actor a special signature. So perhaps that will motivate you guys just a bit more!

Happy hunting! cool.gif

GTAFan20
  • GTAFan20

I Got This.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

I know an actor who sound exactly like Trevor, but I can't remember his name. sad.gif

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (GTAFan20 @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 09:59)
I know an actor who sound exactly like Trevor, but I can't remember his name. sad.gif

Can you remember what movie or show he was from?

phexitol
  • phexitol

Open Register

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Johnny Knoxville.

Seriously, listen to this:

Also notice how similar his face is to Trevor's - imagine him without hair. I was surprised when I first came to this conclusion, but it seems as though Trevor's voice is that of Johnny Knoxville. Also, who else is crazy enough to voice the most psycho GTA protagonist ever?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

R* said no big celebrities though. If you really listen to Trevor, he sounds nothing like Johnny Knoxville... plus they look nothing alike. He just doesn't meet the criteria, in my opinion.

Sinister Assassin
  • Sinister Assassin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

@phexitol

That's exactly what I thought at first but then I remember rockstar saying they "shelved all the celebrities" IMO between jackass and famous movies just about everyone knows Johnny Knoxville. I would consider him a celebrity.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'm sure the voice actor has appeared in an episode of 'Law & Order' at some point. Unfortunately there's about a million episodes, so pretty much "needle in a haystack".

I bet when we do find out who the actor is, he looks nothing like the character.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

He might be Walton Goggins (who was on The Sheild), they look alike and voices have a similarity.

Only problem is, whenever Walton Goggins comes to mind I can only think of him as the trannie on Sons of Anarchy asking "Have you ever had your d*ck sucked by a southern girl with a huge c*ck?"

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 14:16)
He might be Walton Goggins (who was on The Sheild), they look alike and voices have a similarity.

Only problem is, whenever Walton Goggins comes to mind I can only think of him as the trannie on Sons of Anarchy asking "Have you ever had your d*ck sucked by a southern girl with a huge c*ck?"

Those were the two other shows of which I looked through the cast list.

I actually hope we don't find out who the actor is until at least the release day. That makes the character even more believable & why talented but virtually 'unknowns' are best for this new GTA world. Only have celebrities doing a cameo as themselves.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Maybe Ned Luke was following Trevor's voice actor on Twitter? He was following Franklin's afterall. Unfortunately, we will probably never know since his Twitter was shutdown.

RDL
  • RDL

High Roller

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 17:34)
Maybe Ned Luke was following Trevor's voice actor on Twitter? He was following Franklin's afterall. Unfortunately, we will probably never know since his Twitter was shutdown.

Hmm good point, but by using the photo of ned's twitter followings, all the supposedly r* related users were all next to each other, where he would of followed them all at the same point. And looking at the photo (can't provide it, if someone else can) there's nobody there that we could relate to Trevor's VA

Edit: not everyone has twitter too

Horse With No Name
  • Horse With No Name

Watch Your Six

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

My money is on the Ammu-Nation announcer.

Compare it to Trevor's voice

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:44 PM Edited by GTA-King, 18 December 2012 - 09:53 PM.

^ It's possible. Do we know the voice actor for the Ammu-Nation guy?

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 17:34)

It's a shame we didn't know about the three protags earlier.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Horse With No Name @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 14:52)
My money is on the Ammu-Nation announcer.

Compare it to Trevor's voice

Possibly.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:49 PM Edited by VoiceoftheVoiceless, 18 December 2012 - 11:01 PM.

QUOTE (phexitol @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 06:07)
Johnny Knoxville.

Seriously, listen to this:

Also notice how similar his face is to Trevor's - imagine him without hair. I was surprised when I first came to this conclusion, but it seems as though Trevor's voice is that of Johnny Knoxville. Also, who else is crazy enough to voice the most psycho GTA protagonist ever?

I agree, Knoxville could be using a deep voice to voiceover for Trevor, I mean watch some of Johnny's videos on Youtube, Whenever he screams in a deep voice, he sounds exactly like Trevor, no joke!

Not to mention how similar they look:

https://i.chzbgr.com...7056/h83C3D0FC/

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

It's not going to be anybody immediately recognizable, or an incidental voice actor from the past. It'll be an actor from the same kind of background as the other two.

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Kelsey Grammer
user posted image

He could pull off the voice too. He isn't a big name either.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

@NONative dude he's from f*cking Frasier, he's huge or was, but still.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

LOL F**kin' Fraiser

user posted image

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 23:10)
@NONative dude he's from f*cking Frasier, he's huge or was, but still.

He was, but he isn't a big name anymore. I don't know I think he could be a possible. I see him a Ned Luke on the same list.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:18 PM Edited by VoiceoftheVoiceless, 18 December 2012 - 11:23 PM.

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 18:13)
LOL F**kin' Fraiser

user posted image

It's official now

TREVOR IS FRASIER!

user posted image

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

sorry for double post, but if you think about it, he also kind of looks like Willem Dafoe a little bit, only if you gave him a little longer hair and if he was going bald.

user posted image

herounderfireza
  • herounderfireza

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

The main reason Rockstar doesn't want to use celebrities is because of the price they ask, and the time that's needed to do the voice acting. IF Rockstar found someone who is sort of famous, who was willing to do it for not a lot of money, then I'm sure they would go for it. The other reason also was they didn't want the in game character to be taken over by the celebrity or something..

I was gone for a while, so is Ned Luke definitely the voice of Michael? And who does the voice of Franklin?

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 00:20)
sorry for double post, but if you think about it, he also kind of looks like Willem Dafoe a little bit, only if you gave him a little longer hair and if he was going bald.

user posted image

Nah I don't think so William Dafoe has a very distinctive face to the point we would have recognized it was him instantly plus he's a well known actor, the best place to start looking is for people in tv shows or films that have small roles or have been inactive for a while I know that's easier said than done but it's your best chance I think.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (herounderfireza @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 00:50)
The main reason Rockstar doesn't want to use celebrities is because of the price they ask, and the time that's needed to do the voice acting. IF Rockstar found someone who is sort of famous, who was willing to do it for not a lot of money, then I'm sure they would go for it. The other reason also was they didn't want the in game character to be taken over by the celebrity or something..

I was gone for a while, so is Ned Luke definitely the voice of Michael? And who does the voice of Franklin?

I feel like it adds a sense of immersion though, more of an "original" feeling.

Like District 9 for example, they used actors I doubt most people have ever heard of - and it seemed more "real" - or, believable so-to-speak. It's like when a TV Show has a celebrity guest star as a character, it kind of rips you out from the atmosphere of the show. Except with Dirstrict 9 or the newer GTA titles, you have the opposite effect.

GTAFan20
  • GTAFan20

I Got This.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:44 AM Edited by GTAFan20, 19 December 2012 - 05:46 AM.

He sounds a little bit like Trevor but I don't think it's him, he doesn't look like Trevor that much, lol.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (GTAFan20 @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 00:44)

He sounds a little bit like Trevor but I don't think it's him, he doesn't look like Trevor that much, lol.

He doesn't sound anything like Trevor! LMAO!

djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 15:48)
QUOTE (GTAFan20 @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 00:44)

He doesn't sound anything like Trevor! LMAO!

lmfao!

Trevor is Walter.

herounderfireza
  • herounderfireza

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 01:57)
QUOTE (herounderfireza @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 00:50)

I feel like it adds a sense of immersion though, more of an "original" feeling.

Like District 9 for example, they used actors I doubt most people have ever heard of - and it seemed more "real" - or, believable so-to-speak. It's like when a TV Show has a celebrity guest star as a character, it kind of rips you out from the atmosphere of the show. Except with Dirstrict 9 or the newer GTA titles, you have the opposite effect.

Yeah I can understand that, but I don't agree. If they use someone who usually is a comedian and now they place him in the role of Trevor, who is a whackjob, I don't think it will take away the feeling. Besides, when I play GTA I see the character in front of me, and the one in the cutscenes, I never even once in GTA VC thought about the actor behind the character and his personality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users