Gangs. Ever had trouble with any ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic
Hitman843
  • Hitman843

Hitman

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Are there gangs in your city? Gangs like Bloods, Crips, MS-13, biker gangs etc.
Ever had trouble with any gang member?

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

Gangs don't mess with me, because I am the danger.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Never really had any problems with actual gangs, but a lot of people in the neighborhood I grew up in liked to think they were in gangs. It wasn't uncommon for people to rep their streets as if it was theirs. Got in a lot of trouble actually with a few other people because we did the same thing. It was just fist fights though. None of the sh*t thats going on now.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

There was a minor gang forming in my town, the leaders were people I formally knew and went to school with. I just found out recently from a local news article online that they got caught stealing cell phones last week after breaking and entering into a cell phone store and this was like their 3rd or 4th offense and they're seeing up to ten years locked up now. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

Nope no gangs, but I've heard rumours about this Canadian guy that everybody says is dangerous. He comes by riding his moose and throwing his bacon at everyone. Just last week we had shutters installed on the outside of our windows, so if he comes riding by we can close them all dramatic like and peer through them.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

We had "gangs" in my suburban, county, upper middle class area high school. What would normally happen is some kid would move to town from Cali, Chicago or New York and claim he was affiliated back at home and all the local kids would hop on his nuts. Then he would start his own little watered down posse of whatever gang he claimed to be in at our high school. They would go to the basketball and football games in the inner city and get beat up by the real ruffians quite often, stuffed in trash cans, beaten in the streets, the whole 9. Of course they'd come back afterwards to their stomping grounds like they were running things, they only really fought each other which just provided entertainment for everyone else. Sometimes they would tie one of their bandanas to a stairwell and claim that only people who were down with their gang could walk up and down it, it was pretty gay. Outside of that there aren't really any big gangs in my city. Only the kids do it, if they grow up to be adult criminals they don't really abide by it as much, as far as I can tell.

Irviding
  • Irviding

he's going to get into the ring and put boots to asses

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

it was pretty gay.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

I have two home cities. One has no gangs, even for the size of that city. The other city seems to, but there doesn't seem to be as many as there are in other major US cities.

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Icarus @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 02:21)

I am the one who knocks.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 20:36)
Nope no gangs, but I've heard rumours about this Canadian guy that everybody says is dangerous. He comes by riding his moose and throwing his bacon at everyone. Just last week we had shutters installed on the outside of our windows, so if he comes riding by we can close them all dramatic like and peer through them.

God damnit Icarus, I told you to stop terrorizing those poor folk. mad.gif

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Ive had some run ins with gang members but not whole gangs.

Got into a fight with a Latin King in high school. I heard that he was trying to get the gang to jump me after our first fight. So I went to their hangout and said if we were gonna fight to just do it there and get it over with. They said they respected my guts so they let me and this kid fight it out with out any interference and after the whole thing was over me and that kid were cool.

My best friend is an ex blood from LA and I was good friends with a crip from NY back in the day.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Some wannabe gang members murdered an amateur rapper not far from my house a while ago.

http://www.mississau...s/article/79199

There are a large number of neighborhoods throughout the Greater Toronto Area that are infested with groups of teenagers and young adults that like to associate themselves with the Crips and Bloods. There aren't any legitimate gangs near my house (yet) but there are in places such as Hurontario and Dundas AKA 5n10 and Malton, Ontario.

A little introduction: Malton is actually a neighborhood of Mississauga, but is considered by others to be a standalone city because of it's physical isolation behind Lester B. Pearson International Airport and because of it's comparatively high crime rates in comparison to the rest of the city. This is one of the "real" bad neighborhoods with inhabitants that face poverty, desperation, and sh*tty outlooks on life. It is the home to a school; Ascension of Our Lord Secondary School (we have a lot of public sector Catholic high schools here luckily) where hundreds of people in my age group(s) are believed by the police and school administrations to be on the verge of joining a gang with every passing day.

By far the most infamous neighborhood in all of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) is Jane & Finch; a neighborhood in Toronto that gets it's name from the intersection of the same name. Both the Crips and the Bloods are active gangs in the immediate vicinity and they're more than just amateurs or wannabes. This neighborhood has the highest hospitalization rates out of all neighborhoods in Toronto. Drivers of cars with American license plates are a prime target for robberies at all hours of the day.

So although there are no real gangs in my vicinity (yet), the bottom line is that my city has a lot of "wannabes" responsible for crimes such as assaults, robberies, and shoplifting incidents with graffiti taggings being at the very top of the list.

Tasty Sauce

More Tasty Sauce

blitz
  • blitz

lit

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Icarus @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 21:21)

This guy's real serious, I heard he spray paints equations on the sides of buildings.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:12 AM Edited by Shyabang Shyabang, 18 December 2012 - 04:14 AM.

I heard that guys end up good friends for a long time after they fight that way. My grandfather went through the same thing against a school bully. Some guys respect brave people even after a fight. I guess it's their character.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (blitz @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 21:05)
QUOTE (Icarus @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 21:21)

This guy's real serious, I heard he spray paints equations on the sides of buildings.

user posted image

It was me.

ph34r.gif

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

I'm pretty gangster myself. monocle.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Surprisingly no. I've been all over L.A. and Orange county, but never have I had any encounters with gangs. I see on the news various gang crimes now and then, and see that I've been to the scene of the crime before.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

No. Where I grew up they were all pussies. Just kids who thought they were gangstas, but weren't.

In saying that I'm glad I never grew up in a suburb of Sydney with all the Asian, Lebanese, Aboriginal gangs etc.

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 22:40)
Sometimes they would tie one of their bandanas to a stairwell and claim that only people who were down with their gang could walk up and down it, it was pretty gay.

That's hilarious!!

Growing up in the Bronx, I've had to deal with gangs most of my life. When I was a kid about 10 to 12 years old the local teenage gang members would always steal my football or basketball when I was out playing with friends. I even had my bike stolen right from under me by those assholes. But I was never physically hurt or attacked, although I witnessed a few beatings. When I got to High School a lot of my friends joined gangs just to fit in and to be a part of something. I never officially joined any gang but I did hang out with them because that's where my friends where, but any time they planned to do anything stupid like jump a person or go steal, I'd find a way to get out of it and walk away.

I can't believe I am posting this horrifically embarrassing picture of myself with some friends back in the late 90s, but to prove a point:

user posted image

Two of those kids are dead; they never made it to 21 years old. One is in prison for homicide. Another has 5 kids from 4 different women, has been in and out of jail and doesn't work. The other is me, a crime-fighting superhero! One out of five of those inner-city kids actually made something of himself (not to toot my own horn but... *toot-toot*). It's sad.

That gang lifestyle may seem "cool" to young people in the inner city, but it does not pay off in the long run. I'm so glad I was able to walk away the times that I did and eventually just stopped hanging out with those kids and joined the baseball team. It saved my life! I tried to get my friends away from that stuff, but being a part of a gang was more important to them than their education and my friendship so I moved on and never really looked back. I feel bad for what happened to a lot of the kids I grew up with, so whenever I speak to kids about gangs I can give them my personal experience and hope they make the correct choices.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

The only gang i can think of is AMK/Alta Mesa Crew, its a gang full of Juggalos who jumps people at night, but i haven't heard about them in a while so idk?

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Yep, I was killed by a gang.

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (Icarus @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 19:21)

Watch out we got a bad ass over here.Jpg

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

I have not personally had any gang trouble, but L.A. apparently keeps sending criminals down here to be housed in a cell in my town and some are staying here, sadly. BTW Gangs are stupid.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Gangs are gay.
People who join them are obviously social outcasts who want friends, so they hide behind bully masks.

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

We have some postcode gangs but i've never run into them. Also the LpM (Luton Paki Mafia) but these guys get beaten senseless by football fans know as the MIGs http://en.m.wikipedi...Luton_Town_MIGs

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Here there is a bike gang called the Hornet gang. Yesterday night they got drunk and they raced down our streets in their CBRs. The neighbours got angry and they beat them up badly. The Police turned up and took two of them in handcuffs. wink.gif

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

No gangs inside my area, infact there's no vandals or kids walking around in tracksuits and riding scooters. Outside my area near my old school, though, there were alot of those kids, and these little kids made a gang called "chad lads forever" and they basically hung outside a corner shop showing their "madd skilllz on dat scooter". Glad I never lived in the area my school was in. tounge.gif

Captain VXR
  • Captain VXR

Now Captain Lion.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

Other than the odd Hells Angel, I never see anyone who could be a gang member. These wannabe gangstas from the next city over got locked up for illegal weapons, amongst other things....

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Yeah, lots, too many stories to go into.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:21 AM Edited by zoo3891, 18 December 2012 - 10:25 AM.

I had a good laugh at this. The real gangs in this area really are probably that hilarious.

A few years back when my mom was still alive her and I went to a Burger King after shopping and three black guys walked in, but one of them had a huge blue cape with white fluffy trim, and a huge silver/blue crown. This would have happened in August, so it wouldn't have been practical for him to have been anything but a pimp, or a really hilarious guy.

user posted image
The outfit looked something like that^

Clearly some gang in this area has some beef with the burger king, and I'm happy we didn't stick around much longer, the outcome of that day could have been quite meaty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users