• Maldives

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

This news is AWESOME!

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

I loved the scores in RDR, as well as the one in MP3. In my opinion, they add alot of depth to the story. Can't wait to see what he has in store for V! icon14.gif

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Not only that, but anyone who's played Far Cry 3 can tell you what music can add to gameplay when properly matched. Even better with a classic score.

HolyStoner187
  • HolyStoner187

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

there might be a westcoast funk station rick james is funk like Bounce FM throwbacks

SonnyScott
  • SonnyScott

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 16:38)
I hope that different areas tune into different stations.

In England theres the main station where I live (Southend 105.1) then theres the main ones (Heart, Capital)

So let's say you're in Los Santos then you can tune into Los Santos FM (Unimaginative, I know) then the other stations (should parody real LA ones) Like, instead of KKJZ it could be KJIZ, You get the gist. Anyway so you tune into main stations in the city. Then when you're in the countryside, most of the Los Santos stations tune out, then you receive a signal from stations in the small towns in the countryside that have country music, folk music etc. And the same for the desert. And if you want to listen to Los Santos FM in the Desert/Countryside then you can tune into it via your phone.

Anyone else want this?

Southend in Essex?

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

I remember the days of original Nintendo having some of the best/most memorable ORIGINAL music ever created. I'm glad developers are starting to re-integrate that into their games.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Sorry for the bump, but I have to say that I'm very happy GTA is finally getting something like this into the series. Games are better when they have a good ambient soundtrack to them.

What do you guys think about Craig Conners other work?

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

The World Has Turned and Left Me Here.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (The Viperman @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 04:49)
Sorry for the bump, but I have to say that I'm very happy GTA is finally getting something like this into the series. Games are better when they have a good ambient soundtrack to them.

Take a listen:

He did a fantastic job on Manhunt and really nailed the atmospheric tones of the music.

-Wheatley

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (SonnyScott @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 22:52)
QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 16:38)

In England theres the main station where I live (Southend 105.1) then theres the main ones (Heart, Capital)

So let's say you're in Los Santos then you can tune into Los Santos FM (Unimaginative, I know) then the other stations (should parody real LA ones) Like, instead of KKJZ it could be KJIZ, You get the gist. Anyway so you tune into main stations in the city. Then when you're in the countryside, most of the Los Santos stations tune out, then you receive a signal from stations in the small towns in the countryside that have country music, folk music etc. And the same for the desert. And if you want to listen to Los Santos FM in the Desert/Countryside then you can tune into it via your phone.

Anyone else want this?

Southend in Essex?

The one and only.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Wheatley @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 19:36)
QUOTE (The Viperman @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 04:49)

Take a listen:

He did a fantastic job on Manhunt and really nailed the atmospheric tones of the music.

-Wheatley

I think the first Manhunt game has the best soundtrack of any game, ever.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 12:52)
QUOTE (Trund @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 12:24)
QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 17:38)

Anyone else want this?

They already wanted to do this in GTA SA

?
I know a hell alot about SA, and never heard about R* wanting to do this, where the hell are you getting this info from?

Also speaking of music, what if R* were to add something similar to I hear radio where if you download to your phone, you can listen to music from other states. (III Era radio stations and IV radio stations for example.)

Saints Row 2 had this. One of the stations was supposed to be broadcasted from the Collage, and it didn't get all the way across the city.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

This thread is making me paranoid that GTA V will play background music when you obtain a wanted level. That would almost ruin the game for me. If they do it, they MUST make it optional.

But maybe they won't do it, because they know that nobody would want dynamic soundtrack themes drowning out the radio stations.

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Guys, stop getting your panties in a bunch and trust Rockstar.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (victm92 @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 19:02)
AWESOME.

This guy is a genius. He made most of the songs from GTA 1, GTA 2, and some from GTA 3 and LCS (Head Radio and Lips 106), plus he remixed the music from the GTA 2 Movie, et cetera... and, now, he's doing a score. That's simply great, don't you think? biggrin.gif

I LOVED THOSE STATIONS!! If this is guy is doing the score then all I have to say is.....THE GAME WILL BE A MASTERPIECE!!!

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

Who made San Andreas theme song?

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Josh410 @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 03:36)
Who made San Andreas theme song?

That was Michael Hunter, who did the IV score after that.

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Craig Conner is a brilliant talent and mind. He wrote music for Vice City (Love Fist and a few tracks on Espantoso and Wildstyle from memory) including that famous opening theme, his own take on Jan Hammer's Miami Vice Theme.

victm92
  • victm92

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (ChillyPhilly @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 00:37)
Craig Conner is a brilliant talent and mind. He wrote music for Vice City (Love Fist and a few tracks on Espantoso and Wildstyle from memory) including that famous opening theme, his own take on Jan Hammer's Miami Vice Theme.

That was from Stuart Ross.

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I hope it's like Max Payne 3 where, in the last mission, an extremely epic song starts playing. cool.gif

fastetshot
  • fastetshot

I'm very serious.

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 20:25)
I hope it's like Max Payne 3 where, in the last mission, an extremely epic song starts playing. cool.gif

Or in RDR when you enter in Nuevo Paraiso or when you ride back home.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

I don't think Craig Conner did the MP3 or RDR soundtracks.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

Just found a picture that I haven't seen of Craig Conner before:
user posted image

Obviously him in his younger days when he worked at DMA Design.

Liberty2k7
  • Liberty2k7

Now Mr Raspberry Jam...He died a noble death

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Jamming @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 23:26)
QUOTE (Loste1 @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 16:47)
why cant gta 5 just stay realistic and not have any ambient music playing? unless theres a radio nearby which is ok because it makes sense

Because you have not played the airport level in Max Payne 3

Or the one in panama on the boat. Red dead and max Payne 3 both had this really intense atmosphere due to the score. This is one aspect of gtav I personally am really excited about!

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

The World Has Turned and Left Me Here.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

user posted image

Here is a pretty new picture of Allan Walker and Craig Connor I found when I googled his name. People are being pretty sceptical of the new soundtrack but I posted a thread of a section from a magazine article which said that it's optional and you can turn it on and off at any point.

-Wheatley

Simone L
  • Simone L

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:50 PM Edited by Monie, 01 October 2015 - 09:34 PM.

-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users