Photo

GTA V Music

54 replies to this topic
BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:39 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 15 December 2012 - 05:21 PM.

I believe this is news that Craig Connor is composing the original soundtrack of GTA V (theme music and score).

We have a guy in Scotland, Craig Connor [sic], who works for us since the first GTA and we have discussed the idea of ​​creating a soundtrack and got to work immediately and the result is amazing. He managed to transcend each mission by adding his music, his touch, which makes the game more dynamic and moving when needed!

Taken from Magic_Al's signature.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

So the score is involving a lot of missions, not just the most exciting few...

Interesting. We'll wait and see just how exciting it is.

adriansell
  • adriansell

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Where is this quote from?

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (adriansell @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 11:04)

It was from Magic_AI's signature, but he edited that out.

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I hope that different areas tune into different stations.

In England theres the main station where I live (Southend 105.1) then theres the main ones (Heart, Capital)

So let's say you're in Los Santos then you can tune into Los Santos FM (Unimaginative, I know) then the other stations (should parody real LA ones) Like, instead of KKJZ it could be KJIZ, You get the gist. Anyway so you tune into main stations in the city. Then when you're in the countryside, most of the Los Santos stations tune out, then you receive a signal from stations in the small towns in the countryside that have country music, folk music etc. And the same for the desert. And if you want to listen to Los Santos FM in the Desert/Countryside then you can tune into it via your phone.

Anyone else want this?

Loste1
  • Loste1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

why cant gta 5 just stay realistic and not have any ambient music playing? unless theres a radio nearby which is ok because it makes sense

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Nice. His score in Manhunt was fantastic.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Loste1 @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 16:47)
why cant gta 5 just stay realistic and not have any ambient music playing? unless theres a radio nearby which is ok because it makes sense

Are you serious?

... suicidal.gif

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 16:38)

In England theres the main station where I live (Southend 105.1) then theres the main ones (Heart, Capital)

So let's say you're in Los Santos then you can tune into Los Santos FM (Unimaginative, I know) then the other stations (should parody real LA ones) Like, instead of KKJZ it could be KJIZ, You get the gist. Anyway so you tune into main stations in the city. Then when you're in the countryside, most of the Los Santos stations tune out, then you receive a signal from stations in the small towns in the countryside that have country music, folk music etc. And the same for the desert. And if you want to listen to Los Santos FM in the Desert/Countryside then you can tune into it via your phone.

Anyone else want this?

YES! Great idea man smile.gif

Ermac
  • Ermac

Black Spasmodic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hopefully it can be turned on and off. I'll keep it on for my first play through of the game but I honestly can't see myself enjoying it, even if it is good.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 10:05)
QUOTE (adriansell @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 11:04)

It was from Magic_AI's signature, but he edited that out.

Not my signature, my post in this thread. The quote is from Google translation of this interview with Dan Houser, which gorgeprofondegta4 posted a translation of but left out some parts.

Craig Conner is the correct spelling.

Jamming
  • Jamming

[AP] Assassins in Paradise [AP]

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Because you have not played the airport level in Max Payne 3

victm92
  • victm92

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

AWESOME.

This guy is a genius. He made most of the songs from GTA 1, GTA 2, and some from GTA 3 and LCS (Head Radio and Lips 106), plus he remixed the music from the GTA 2 Movie, et cetera... and, now, he's doing a score. That's simply great, don't you think? biggrin.gif

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

^
Yes it is. I consider this only a good thing, as I'm certain there will be a volume slider for the score specifically in the options menu for those who don't want to hear it. But this guy's talented, and I'm sure it will add to the missions in a meaningful way. I think that it will emotionally augment the story and perhaps give people a greater sense of involvement, like the purpose of the score in any game or film. And if you don't want it invading your GTA, just turn it off.

gtavismylife18
  • gtavismylife18

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

I dont like the idea of music while playing a mission

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (gtavismylife18 @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 02:17)
I dont like the idea of music while playing a mission

I would've agreed with you if I hadn't played the last chapter of Max Payne 3. There's a point where a song kicks in and the game reaches a whole new level of great.

I think that a similar thing could work with GTA. It just depends on how good the music is.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

What about Michael Hunter? He was really good in my opinion. But for Craig Connor? I think he will definitely make an amazing soundtrack for Grand Theft Auto V and its score music aswell. I can't believe he made the first soundtrack for the very first Grand Theft Auto game and I just noticed that already to be honest. What a legend!

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

i reckon a score would go well with the game, it will make it feel more like a film

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 17:38)

Anyone else want this?

They already wanted to do this in GTA SA, but then decided it's stupid to cut out some of the stations if you get "too far" away.
Which I agree. Because I want to listen to my favorite station anywhere in the game, and not be limited, after all it's a GAME and not reality.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

*LHDC* LongHairDontCare

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Trund @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 12:24)

Anyone else want this?

They already wanted to do this in GTA SA

?
I know a hell alot about SA, and never heard about R* wanting to do this, where the hell are you getting this info from?

Also speaking of music, what if R* were to add something similar to I hear radio where if you download to your phone, you can listen to music from other states. (III Era radio stations and IV radio stations for example.)

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:00 PM Edited by ludi911, 16 December 2012 - 01:03 PM.

Bully had an awesome score but RDR ost was average (similar to bully but still worst).
I hope the non licenced music will be only when player is not in the car (i just hate what they did with first NFS MW with this movie music played when police chase you).

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 13:52)

Anyone else want this?

?
I know a hell alot about SA, and never heard about R* wanting to do this, where the hell are you getting this info from?

Also speaking of music, what if R* were to add something similar to I hear radio where if you download to your phone, you can listen to music from other states. (III Era radio stations and IV radio stations for example.)

Sorry, then you apparently don't know everything about GTA SA. It was definitely considered, but not done.
I also believe they wanted some of the stations to be unlocked and not all available from the start. I can't even remember if this actually was in the game, haven't played it in so many years, but I think they were all unlocked from the beginning?

Anyways, it won't happen.

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

im sure there is an option to turn it off so stop whining

Wjlld
  • Wjlld

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

It's a Score. It will accompany specific dramatic moments like cut scenes and when your balls deep in a firefight during mission.
It would be way to jarring between have the score pop up and remove radio airplay during free roam, furthermore rarity serves to make the score more dramatic when it does kick in.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

^
Indeed, I think the score will be rather rare, and I don't think you'll be hearing it at all outside of missions. I don't think it'll be like RDR's score, and speaking of which...

RDR ost was average (similar to bully but still worst)

Da f*ck?

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Trund @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 09:25)
QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 13:52)

Anyone else want this?

?

Sorry, then you apparently don't know everything about GTA SA. It was definitely considered, but not done.
I also believe they wanted some of the stations to be unlocked and not all available from the start. I can't even remember if this actually was in the game, haven't played it in so many years, but I think they were all unlocked from the beginning?

Anyways, it won't happen.

I think they made the right decision. Limiting the radio station range would backfire because while it seems like a way to say how big the map is, it would feel fake and be annoying when you lost a station too soon after driving out of town. The real size of the GTASA map is that, on land, the farthest you can be from anywhere is 5.25 miles. Ironically, I think it makes the map feel bigger to be able to listen to Radio Los Santos when you're far away from there. It makes me think of CJ getting homesick.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Personally, if they were to do it, I think it would have to be very subtle. No stations would completely cut out, just become a little bit less clear than other stations. It would be noticeably so, but it would happen over such a gradual period that you could miss it, and you could still listen to any tracks you wanted.

Sounds like a lot of effort for something fairly unnecessary, though. But that's a good compromise, I think.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 17:52)

Da f*ck?

Yes for me it was typical and not interesting, that does not mean bad but I expect more from Rockstar.

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Jamming @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 23:26)

Because you have not played the airport level in Max Payne 3

I agree. When that song kicked in during that chapter it brought the experience to a new level.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (ludi911 @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 17:59)
QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 17:52)

Da f*ck?

Yes for me it was typical and not interesting, that does not mean bad but I expect more from Rockstar.

What about Dead Man's Gun and Exodus in America (the 2 songs in the credits)? Two of the best original songs I've ever heard in a game. Although Bully's score was excellent also.

Beware spoilers in the comments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users