Photo

Main theme of GTA V

63 replies to this topic
inflamedeyeball
  • inflamedeyeball

New Carcass album coming this year!

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

I just got my new TV guide, and there's an interview with Dan Houser in it. Most of the stuff he he has to say is nothing new, but this is.

What is the main theme of GTA V?
"Lots of stuff! The theme is: modern California. And what happens between 2010 and 2013. It doesn't have to be a direct transfer, but you have to capture today's energy. Credit crisis, rise of China, decay of movies, paranoia, bad financing, conspiracy theories, gold; just about everything."

Untranslated:
Wat is het hoofdthema van GTA V?
"Heel veel dingen! Het thema is: modern CaliforniŽ. En wat er gebeurt tussen 2010 en 2013. Het moet geen directe overzetting zijn, maar je moet wel de energie van vandaag weten te vangen. Kredietcrisis, opkomst van China, verval van films, paranoia, slechte financiering, complottheorieŽn , goud, zo'n beetje alles."

adriansell
  • adriansell

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:27 PM Edited by adriansell, 13 December 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Hmm, the rise of China... Wasn't there one or two positions for a Chinese mob guy and his translator in that leaked casting call (Rush?)?

EDIT: Ah, I found it!

"Tae Wong:
39 - somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

Taes Translator:
45 - VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss's dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese."

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'm waiting for conspiracy theories connected with the rise of China and Hollywood/Vinewood.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (adriansell @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 15:27)
Hmm, the rise of China... Wasn't there one or two positions for a Chinese mob guy and his translator in that leaked casting call (Rush?)?

EDIT: Ah, I found it!

"Tae Wong:
39 - somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

Taes Translator:
45 - VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss's dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese."

What?

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Credit crisis? Bad financing? Ugh, obligatory - in before people actually believe that the recession is gonna be a big deal.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

When i read main theme i was thinking like this:

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

happens between 2010 and 2013? flashbacks or a 3 year story arch?

Ermac
  • Ermac

Conrad Tokyo

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (xXTacoGuyXx @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 15:43)
When i read main theme i was thinking like this:

Same.

Hitman843
  • Hitman843

Hitman

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Conspiracy theories? Area 53 comeback hint?

God I hope so.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Mmmm confused.gif

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Also thought it was about the theme song. "Decay of movies" sounds pretty interesting.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

When he said conspiracy theories......... I started to think about this guy from San Andreas who had a black coat, black hat, and a red scarf, and he would say weird things such as ''They're watching us!''.

HolyStoner187
  • HolyStoner187

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

those gad damn commies

poiuytrew
  • poiuytrew

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (HolyStoner187 @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 17:14)
those gad damn commies

with economic growth like that i'd dare even say supercommies

inflamedeyeball
  • inflamedeyeball

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:42 PM Edited by inflamedeyeball, 13 December 2012 - 05:45 PM.

My interpretation:

what happens between 2010 and 2013

It seems that the story will span a couple of years. This still makes "a re-imagined, present day southern California" a true statement. It could also just mean that there isn't an exact date during which it takes place.

Credit crisis, bad financing

We knew this, and it's kind of a given anyway.

rise of China

Interesting. It's just a matter of time before the USA isn't number one anymore. Could be that the casting call characters are indeed going to be in the game. Not sure how they are going to tackle this.

decay of movies

We know Vinewood is in, and Hollywood is in a really bad state these days. Maybe some characters who used to be working in the movie industry and have fallen on hard times?

paranoia, conspiracy theories

I grouped these together because they are closely related. The ranks of the chemtrails sniffing, illuminati fearing, tinfoil hat wearing crazy people are growing fast. I assume the "the Mayans were right about 2012 we're all going to die - wait nothing happened" crowd is going to be featured. I'm also assuming that multiple characters like San Andreas's The Truth will be featured. This would pretty much guarantee some very fun missions.

gold

I'm think this is about a heist of some kind. I tried googling gold storage facilities in California but found nothing. Anyone have any ideas about this?

poiuytrew
  • poiuytrew

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (inflamedeyeball @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 17:42)
My interpretation:

It seems that the story will span a couple of years. This still makes "a re-imagined, present day southern California" a true statement. It could also just mean that there isn't an exact date during which it takes place.

Credit crisis, bad financing

We knew this, and it's kind of a given anyway.

rise of China

Interesting. It's just a matter of time before the USA isn't number one anymore. Could be that the casting call characters are indeed going to be in the game. Not sure how they are going to tackle this.

decay of movies

We know Vinewood is in, and Hollywood is in a really bad state these days. Maybe some characters who used to be working in the movie industry and have fallen on hard times?

paranoia, conspiracy theories

I grouped these together because they are closely related. The ranks of the chemtrails sniffing, illuminati fearing, tinfoil hat wearing crazy people are growing fast. I assume the "the Mayans were right about 2012 we're all going to die - wait nothing happened" crowd is going to be featured. I'm also assuming that multiple characters like San Andreas's The Truth will be featured. This would pretty much guarantee some very fun missions.

gold

I'm think this is about a heist of some kind. I tried googling gold storage facilities in California but found nothing. Anyone have any ideas about this?

they keep most of the gold in the federal reserve of new york, and the closest federal reserve would be in san francisco

GreatestEver23
  • GreatestEver23

So you think you can tell, heaven from hell?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'm sure he is talking about the recent spike in price of gold.

inflamedeyeball
  • inflamedeyeball

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (GreatestEver23 @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 19:53)

I think you are right.

user posted image

In my opinion, the only way that this would be relevant enough to mention however, is if the three protagonists will somehow acquire a large amount of the stuff...

Meyus
  • Meyus

Rat

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Seems like it's from InsideGamer.

http://www.insidegam...-rockstar-games

Not a new one.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Cyper @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 16:59)
When he said conspiracy theories......... I started to think about this guy from San Andreas

Or me. tounge.gif

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

In the RUSH Casting call, there is a "Conspiracy" Guy, and a chinese guy HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (inflamedeyeball @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 18:42)

Uh no of course not. Many of you seem to think this. I really think he's just talking about what happened in pop-culture these last years, since IV (well EFLC) came out, and how to use this in the story.

VATG
  • VATG

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

conspiracy theories = freemasons = Adriaan

The Wereodile
  • The Wereodile

Everyone is dumb.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 13:19)

Uh no of course not. Many of you seem to think this. I really think he's just talking about what happened in pop-culture these last years, since IV (well EFLC) came out, and how to use this in the story.

This. I really doubt the story will span 3 years.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Yes! Conspiracy theories!
I love how R* pictures this, I can't wait to see a bunch of crazy mindf*ucked characters!

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Sounds awesome!

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

no cartels?...smh

What California has he been talking about lol.gif ? Especially if he's talking about a crime game here.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Conspiracy theories?
THE TRUTH WILL RETURN biggrin.gif

nixion
  • nixion

Zaibatsu Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:45 AM Edited by nixion, 14 December 2012 - 06:43 AM.

QUOTE (The Wereodile @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 14:44)
QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 13:19)

This. I really doubt the story will span 3 years.

I second this. Most of the Themes listed are real life themes that will be themes of the games modern setting. but seeing as they have ben working on that specific content since 2010 and onwards it means that we will see most of the themes in that stretch of time mentioned. Conspiracy theories sticks out a bit, but then again it looks like inclusion of the Epsilon Program could be tied to that in some degree. Gold to me is something that stuck out because we know Michael, Trevor and Franklin are serial robbers and money and jewelry store items are one thing, but with gold on the rise something tells me that maybe the trio might steal from some very powerful people who are not going to take kindly to being robbed from.

Tec9
  • Tec9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (inflamedeyeball @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 17:56)
QUOTE (GreatestEver23 @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 19:53)

I think you are right.

user posted image

In my opinion, the only way that this would be relevant enough to mention however, is if the three protagonists will somehow acquire a large amount of the stuff...

>>>> CASH FOR GOLD! CA$H FOR GOLD! CASH 4 GOLD! <<<<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users