Photo

About the Shoreside Vale Safehouse

19 replies to this topic
Rodrigowski
  • Rodrigowski

The flesh of fallen angels!

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

So, we know Claude has got the Portland and Staunton safehouses from 8-Ball and Asuka. But who provided the Shoreside Vale one? Did he buy it? For me, that's one part of the story that isn't quite correctly explained. whatsthat.gif

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

It's maybe given by Catalina before she betrays him. Don't be sure, it's just my opinion.

Rodrigowski
  • Rodrigowski

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

It's a good point, since Claude and Catalina probably arrived at the city in Shoreside Vale and needed a place. But why didn't she order a Colombian death squad to stay in Wichita Gardens, not only in Pike Creek and Cedar Grove?

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Rodrigowski @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 13:09)
It's a good point, since Claude and Catalina probably arrived at the city in Shoreside Vale and needed a place. But why didn't she order a Colombian death squad to stay in Wichita Gardens, not only in Pike Creek and Cedar Grove?

I don't know but I already said don't be sure.

Haashir911
  • Haashir911

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Maybe it was Abandoned and Some Egg Head Left the Keys to the House Under the Mat ?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Rodrigowski @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 13:00)
For me, that's one part of the story that isn't quite correctly explained.[/color] whatsthat.gif

And certainly not the only one part of story which is not explained. smile.gif And I don't think it's given to you by Cataline..Actually I have no idea who gave this savehouse to Claude. Maybe Donald Love.... moto_whistle.gif tounge.gif

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Maybe cut mission scenes? Perhaps it was to be explained in a mission?

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Maybe Rockstar was too lazy to come up with an explanation, so they just threw this safe house there randomly.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

That's really good question! I am trying to think about any solutions but none of them makes sense. Probably the best explanation is that this doesn't have explanation biggrin.gif I mean that nobody knows nothing. If this came up to somebody's mind back in 2011 when rockstar opened the questions about GTA 3 probably we could get answer

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

I always have thought Claude bought it

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 19:34)
I always have thought Claude bought it

Seems possible. But then again, seeing as Wichita Gardens seems like a bunch of housing projects, you would need to fill out a lot of paperwork to get an apartment I can imagine. I can also imagine that Claude doesn't have the time for paperwork.

Rodrigowski
  • Rodrigowski

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

I would say D-Ice gave it to Claude, but you can totally ignore the Hoods' missions and still get the safehouse...

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 07:13)
Maybe Rockstar was too lazy to come up with an explanation, so they just threw this safe house there randomly.

I think this is probably the most likely answer. It doesn't need an explanation just as Claude doesn't need a voice.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Donald Love, for Claude's services.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

It is given by the game without any explanation, because R* thought that player may need new safehouse in SSV. All story missions (except The Exchange) are starting on SI anyway, but they decided it may be frustrating to drive for the tenth time to SSV only because you messed up one of the Red Jacks mission or The Exchange.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Actually, nobody's brought up Ray Machowski yet. What about him? It makes sense. He left the city for Miami and, a long with the weapons and his bulletproof Patriot, gives you one of his safehousew that he uses to hide away from the cops that are on to him.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Theoretically hideout is ready to use right after "Drop in the Ocean" even if you haven't finish Ray's mission yet.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 20:48)
Theoretically hideout is ready to use right after "Drop in the Ocean" even if you haven't finish Ray's mission yet.

True actually, maybe a continuity error?

Nah, probably doesn't need an explanation like I said the first time I s'pose.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

More likely, R* simply ran out of concept ideas in the allotted time for that stage of development. This could be the reason that D-Ice is the only employer based in SSV (and he's not even part of the storyline).

The hideout is a freebee. There's no real reason for the player to have one there at all...unless they were trying to cover all the bases during the conceptual phase. So, there was no need to remove it because it doesn't impact gameplay anyway...as far as the storyline goes. Useful for the side tasks, so it stayed in.

TheBrazilian
  • TheBrazilian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Everything indicates that it was Donald Love! But, Rockstar dont made a cutscene showing Donald giving the the safe-house to Claude... confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users