Photo

Anyone else love the cars in this game?

46 replies to this topic
GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

The Banshee, Leone Sentinel, and Yakuza Stinger are my most-driven cars in GTA III.

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

I can't say I'm a fan of the Kuruma to be honest, it's front wheel drive, has the sound of a fast V8 but feels slower than a Taxi, it receives more damage and it's top-heavy compared to other cars of similar size. Give me a Stallion any day so I can hoon (Aussie slang) around the side streets leaving rubber everywhere, or an Idaho so I can drift in a car that looks totally wrong for the job.

Today, I completed Bomb Da Base Act II and drove an Idaho up the ramp onto the ship and got out to snipe a Cartel goon, just before 8-Ball blew up the whole ship. The car stayed in mid air undamaged after the ship sunk! Is is worthy to note that despite the entire ship blowing up with you onboard, you do not end up wasted or falling in the water (you end up teleported back to the dock after completing the mission).

I might even be the one and only person here to say that you can actually have a lot of fun in a Perennial in GTA3. When cornering, turn the opposite direction quickly then full lock into the the corner and watch the car scrape the ground and do a full 90 turn; surprisingly, it's quite hard to roll the thing as long as you stay on the road and don't crash. Also, you get street cred if you can beat three Cheetahs in Turismo in a forty year old, clapped out, automatic station wagon. smile.gif

For a bit of fun, if Shoreside Vale hasn't been unlocked yet, grab a Banshee and drive to the spiral on-ramp to the lift bridge, hitting the barriers head-on at maximum speed. If done right, you'll earn a Perfect Triple Insane Stunt and land flat on your wheels after a few somersaults in midair.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Really, there is fun to be had with all of the vehicles on GTA.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 20:23)
Really, there is fun to be had with all of the vehicles on GTA.

Although I would agree to this to some extent I do not recommended using the Idaho or moonbeam for missions (especially the later ones) but yeah they are all amazing vehicles:)

.: Phaze
  • .: Phaze

Why so serious?...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

I believe the Cheetah is the best looking vehicle, but they all have a place in my heart...

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (.: Phaze @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 06:40)
I believe the Cheetah is the best looking vehicle, but they all have a place in my heart...

What? I know it's your opinion but for me the Diablo Stallion looks way better than the Cheetah. Actually, I hate the looks of the Cheetah in GTA III. smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

It is true that Cheetah is not very pretty in GTA III, but it is a good vehicle.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

To me, Cheetah is where it's at. While yes, it does not look good, it has the great speed, great acceleration, above average handling.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Yeah but I think the Stinger and the Banshee (both which I love) are better than it. All though the Infernus have a slight but having slight susceptibility to spinouts when brakes are applied around corners.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 11:50)
Yeah but I think the Stinger and the Banshee (both which I love) are better than it. All though the Infernus have a slight but having slight susceptibility to spinouts when brakes are applied around corners.

By looks, I agree that both the Stinger and Banshee are better. But on paper, Cheetah is better. But whatever, ultimately it depends on the driver, not the car.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:05 PM Edited by H.I.M., 11 April 2013 - 12:05 PM.

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 17:16)

By looks, I agree that both the Stinger and Banshee are better. But on paper, Cheetah is better. But whatever, ultimately it depends on the driver, not the car.

I guess so too. Anyways what I stated was that I don't like the looks of the Cheetah not the handling and the speed. Because Cheetah is one of the best and most famous cars in the III era. wink.gif Anyways, who else love the Mr. Whoopee? inlove.gif inlove.gif

user posted image

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

That if you can get hold of one. But if you know how, it's pretty easy to find one.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 12:05)
QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 17:16)

I guess so too. Anyways what I stated was that I don't like the looks of the Cheetah not the handling and the speed. Because Cheetah is one of the best and most famous cars in the III era. wink.gif Anyways, who else love the Mr. Whoopee? inlove.gif inlove.gif

user posted image

Its OK, not my favourite vehicle in the game but it certainly entertaining to drive.

.: Phaze
  • .: Phaze

Why so serious?...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

Mr. Whoopee is still one of the coolest ice cream trucks ever created in the history of icecreamtruckdom...

But, honestly... I will have to go with the Mafia Sentinel as far as looks go...

user posted image

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (.: Phaze @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 02:03)
Mr. Whoopee is still one of the coolest ice cream trucks ever created in the history of icecreamtruckdom...

But, honestly... I will have to go with the Mafia Sentinel as far as looks go...

user posted image

This is by far my favourite car in both III and LCS. It has the looks, decent handling and speed and best of all... its cool. sigh.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (fridaynightscream @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 03:43)
But I LOVED the cars in this game. They were all awesome.

Ugh... Have to disagree... As I would disagree in any game. There are cars that just make you hate them. In every game.

And speaking of this particular game, it's the Landstalker! Pretty much anti-awesome as it is in all GTA games, for me at least.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

I agree with the above: besides the obvious dorkmobiles like the Manana and the Perennial, which don't pretend to be anything but junkers, there's the Landstalker and the Cartel Cruiser, which look good but drive like crap. I can't believe nobody's mentioned the Yardie Lobo--the leopard upholstery, the fuzzy dice, the hydraulics! (But yeah, not very practical.) I like the top-down Stallion, when it's not raining and you're not driving on grass, and the grayish blue, where the mismatched color of the trunk lid is less visible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users