» «
Photo

(Hip Hop) FM

61 replies to this topic
Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:05 PM Edited by Sizeway, 12 December 2012 - 12:06 PM.

user posted image

Too much classic rock and classic this and that...How about some modern hip hop/Rap?

What songs and artists do you want to be featured in Gta V?

Some examples:

Kendrick lamar
T Pain
Eminem (Kinda modern)
B.O.B
Nas
Xzibit
Damien marley
Mr Lif
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
The Game
Wiz khalifa
Dr Dre
Snoop dogg

Songs that I personally want:

Nas Ft Damien Marley - Patience
Kendrick Lamar - The recipe
Kendrick Lamar Ft Dr Dre - Rigamortis
B.O.B - The Watchers (Unlikely)
Mr Lif - Live from the Planitation
Lupe Fiasco - Failure
Lupe Fiasco - Dumb it down
Afroman - Because I got High

intent100
  • intent100

genetically different BABY!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

nas
common
p monch
masta ace
mos def
talib kweli
lupe fiasco

2 name a few

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

The list is too not accurate to it's genre.

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 23:07)
The list is too not accurate to it's genre.

im giving examples, not relative to the word "Hip Hop"

The people I just mentioned rap....This is rap

Ermac
  • Ermac

oh sh*t it's Joe Budden

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:10 PM Edited by mr6plow9, 11 December 2012 - 11:37 PM.

I kid. I want to be able to actually drive a car without having to double over in laughter.

In all seriousness, i'd like to see some Kid Cudi, Common, or maybe even some Jay-Z (99 Problems anyone?) on the radio. ''Get By' by Talib Kweli seems to fit GTA V's "pursuit of the almighty dollar" to me, that would be cool as well.

And I also wonder if Rockstar is going to put Drake and Lil Wayne on the soundtrack...

LTA1992
  • LTA1992

The Fanged Brave, KyoryuRed

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hip-Hop in these times? Theres no such thing as it was murdered a long time ago.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Awww hell no. akon, rhianna? THat teeny pop garbage does not belong on a hiphop station. Maybe on a pop or rnb station but certainly not hip hop.
Nice list intent100, you have good taste in hiphop although Masta ace isnt really modern imo although he has released new material.

DrDucky
  • DrDucky

3 days left!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 23:10)

I kid. I want to be able to actually drive a car without having to double over in laughter.

In all seriousness, i'd like to see some Kid Cudi, Common, or maybe even some Jay-Z (99 Problems anyone?) on the radio. 'Get By' by Talib Kweli seems to fit GTA V's "pursuit of the almighty dollar" to me, that would be cool as well.

And I also wonder if Rockstar is going to put Drake and Lil Wayne on the soundtrack...

i hope we get some based god

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

I'm not a big fan of new Hip-hop though, hopefully Rockstar will pick some awesome beats.

HolyStoner187
  • HolyStoner187

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

you guys complaining Hip Hop is dead and sh*t , its been like that for almost a decade everything is different now and people should accept change, change is good
but this is GTA V set west coast style of Cali "San Andreas" , people in the Westcoast listen the type of chill hip hop music you can cruise in your classic style car and just bob your head to the beat
Modern day hip hop is nothing like that but there are still artists still making good music like WC

look at this way if Liberty City had Busta Rhymes (from Brooklyn, NY) then San Andreas will have Jayo Felony, or E 40
Liberty City had Nas (Queens, NY) then San Andreas will have The Game , which also has some pretty decent songs like this one right here

Liberty City had Ghostface Killah (from NY) then San Andreas will have Jay Rock even though he's kinda new in the rap game but he's pretty decent rapper

get the memo?

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Nice songs up so far.

Modern but not all completely recent. still some good sh*t none the less. Tried to pick some west coast artists that might fit the game.

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (GourangaMaster @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 23:12)
Awww hell no. akon, rhianna? THat teeny pop garbage does not belong on a hiphop station. Maybe on a pop or rnb station but certainly not hip hop.
Nice list intent100, you have good taste in hiphop although Masta ace isnt really modern imo although he has released new material.

Bro to be realistic, Most rap stations have their songs...The station I described here was all mainstream rap/hiphop

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Was scared he lost it but Dre proved he still can produce some good beats with this, I also like how different The Game sounds on this.

Mainly the second part of the song (starts at 02:35) which features MC eiht and has some G-Funk at the end which make for some nice callbacks to the old west-coat sound.

Also

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

I could picture both Franklin and Trevor bumping this.

Go shorty, it's your birthday!

Ermac
  • Ermac

oh sh*t it's Joe Budden

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 23:42)

I could picture both Franklin and Trevor bumping this.

Go shorty, it's your birthday!

Or better yet, James and Michael bouncing to this on the way home from the mission where he has to catch him in the car. tounge.gif

Padeeno
  • Padeeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Call me cray, but MC Ride does a good job of conveying Trevor's character in the Ex-military album.
After all, each track is about a waning war veteran.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Seeing as R* dropped the ball completely with IV and it's radio stations both in terms of songs that actually play and quality, I have no faith in R* and them picking rap lol. The stations in IV were beyond horrible. Not many good songs and most of that wouldn't even get play on Hot 97 or 105. It didn't fit the whole NY vibe at all. With V I have even less hope because R* showed with 4 they don't know how to pick modern rap that people actually listen to. Maybe it's the licensing fees or R* just needs to get somebody who knows rap to handle the music similar to DJ Pooh as the advisor in SA. Other then that I can expect a sub par rap station with maybe 5 good songs out of 20.

gr8griffin
  • gr8griffin

I have five of broats

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Wouldn't it be pretty difficult to put any "modern" music in general into a game? I mean sure it's nice to hear something recent at the time of release but 6 months later it seems boring and outdated. It's kind of why most of the music in the games set in the past is music we all know and love. I don't know if this makes scene to any of you but I guess we'll find out.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (gr8griffin @ Wednesday, Dec 12 2012, 00:26)
Wouldn't it be pretty difficult to put any "modern" music in general into a game? I mean sure it's nice to hear something recent at the time of release but 6 months later it seems boring and outdated. It's kind of why most of the music in the games set in the past is music we all know and love. I don't know if this makes scene to any of you but I guess we'll find out.

I mean there's still songs from 6 months ago I'd listen to now. When I say modern I guess I'm being general but IV just had a horrible soundtrack. Nobody listens to Papoose anymore let alone that wack sh*t they played on the radio. Uncle Murda probably had the best song but that Fat Joe and Lil Wayne was horrible and most of the other stuff was so wack I can't rememeber. I'd rather listen to the Vibe then the rap stations in IV lol. The Classics was different.

If R* put some 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Wale, Lil Wayne, Drake and others on the game then it would be more relevant. Those are the artist who get spin across the entire country. Put songs that are actually songs people like. New original songs as well but the selection in IV I just can't get over.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

I am really hoping that Kendrick Lamar's "Swimming Pools" makes the cut. I cannot stress how much I love that f*cking song and how often I repeat it while driving. As well as "The Recipe" by Kendrick Lamar. Others:

Jay Z - "D.O.A"
GOOD Music - "Mercy"
Eminem - "The Way I Am" or "Stan" (really a lot of Em song that I would like lol)
The Throne (Kanye West and Jay Z) - "Otis"
Meek Millz feat. Drake - "Amen"
Dr. Dre - "Still DRE"
50 Cent - "Do You Think About Me"
Lupe Fiasco - "Out of my Head"
The Game - "Higher", "Runnin", "Put You On The Game"
Tupac - "California Love", "Its All About You", "I Ain't Mad At Cha"
Snoop Dogg - "Ain't No Fun", "Gin n Juice", "Drop It Like It's Hot"

That's all I can think of right now.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

We need some underground music too. Xzibit, Chino XL and Vinnie Paz to name a few. I'm trying to think of some more West Coast Rappers that have recently put a record out...

Honestly I'll be a little disappointed if I hear a whole lot of commercial music. There needs to be balance.

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Wednesday, Dec 12 2012, 00:54)
I am really hoping that Kendrick Lamar's "Swimming Pools" makes the cut. I cannot stress how much I love that f*cking song and how often I repeat it while driving. As well as "The Recipe" by Kendrick Lamar. Others:

Jay Z - "D.O.A"
GOOD Music - "Mercy"
Eminem - "The Way I Am" or "Stan" (really a lot of Em song that I would like lol)
The Throne (Kanye West and Jay Z) - "Otis"
Meek Millz feat. Drake - "Amen"
Dr. Dre - "Still DRE"
50 Cent - "Do You Think About Me"
Lupe Fiasco - "Out of my Head"
The Game - "Higher", "Runnin", "Put You On The Game"
Tupac - "California Love", "Its All About You", "I Ain't Mad At Cha"
Snoop Dogg - "Ain't No Fun", "Gin n Juice", "Drop It Like It's Hot"

That's all I can think of right now.

Lupe fiasco's best song to me is Dumb it down. It would be a good touch
Swimming pools indeed a good song
I like Mr Lif. He is the best underground rapper ever.

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

All I want is a classic hip hop station that has artists like biggie 2pac mos def EPMD and rakim. And then a new rap station that has some bad mainstream artists( just to create a modern vibe) and then hopsin and Kendrick Lamar so that the station isn't absolute crap. In fact if they ever create individual character trailers like they did in gta 4, I hope they make a character trailer for Amanda(michaels wife) and use the song gold digger by Kane west.

HolyStoner187
  • HolyStoner187

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Rjeev142 @ Wednesday, Dec 12 2012, 01:14)
All I want is a classic hip hop station that has artists like biggie 2pac mos def EPMD and rakim. And then a new rap station that has some bad mainstream artists( just to create a modern vibe) and then hopsin and Kendrick Lamar so that the station isn't absolute crap. In fact if they ever create individual character trailers like they did in gta 4, I hope they make a character trailer for Amanda(michaels wife) and use the song gold digger by Kane west.

know ur mothaf*cking regions ITS WESTCOAST NIGGA NO EASTCOAST sh*t IS GONNA BE POPPIN IN THE RADIO GTA IV ALREADY DID THAT

LifeAfterDeath
  • LifeAfterDeath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

If we do get a modern Hip hop station, then I hope it's mostly west coast.

Some of the songs I want:

1. Jay Rock Ft. Tech N9ne:Kill or be Killed

2.The Game Ft. Travis Barker: Dope Boys

3.Nipsey Hussle Ft. Snoop Dogg: The Life

4.Pac Div: Bank

5.Ice Cube: Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It

6.Kendrick Lamar Ft. Dr. Dre: The Recipe

7.Kendrick Lamar: ADHD

8.The Game: One Blood

9.Fashawn: Sunny California

10.Afroman: Crazy Rap (Colt 45)

11.Dom Kennedy: When I Come Around

12.Schoolboy Q ft. Ab-Soul: Druggies With Hoes Again

13.UNI: Lately

14.Ab-Soul Ft. Danny Brown & Jhene Aiko: Terrorist Threats

15.Tyler the Creator Ft. Frank Ocean: She

16.Crooked I: Diamond In The Back

17.Jay Rock: Boomerang

18.Hodgy Beats: Bank Rolls

19.Hopsin: Hop Madness

20.Freddie Gibbs: Breaking Bad

21.Jay z & Kanye West Ft. Frank Ocean: No Church in the Wild

22.Tyga ft. Nas & Wale: Kings and Queens

23.Tyga: Rack City

24.YG Ft. Meek Mill: Im a Thug

25.Snoop Dogg: Drop It Like It's Hot

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (HolyStoner187 @ Wednesday, Dec 12 2012, 01:15)

know ur mothaf*cking regions ITS WESTCOAST NIGGA NO EASTCOAST sh*t IS GONNA BE POPPIN IN THE RADIO GTA IV ALREADY DID THAT

lolol Yes..I come from NY and even the rappers are sh*t....The whole eastcoast as a whole is sh*t. Represent

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (HolyStoner187 @ Wednesday, Dec 12 2012, 01:15)

Well the original gta San Andreas had playback fm which was ALL east coast so....I guess you're wrong bud.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Get Kony 2012

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

I love Hip Hop but didn't like it in IV.

I'm hoping for sh*t with fat beats/breaks, not this whiny, poppy sh*t.

We need,

Wu-Tang Clan
Gravdiggaz
Flatlinerz
Cypress Hill
Jurassic 5
Run DMC
Beastie Boys
NWA
KRS One

biggrin.gif

NotNikoBellic