» «
Photo

[Mission Pack] The Runaway: Remake

87 replies to this topic
LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:29 AM Edited by LFarmer, 15 January 2013 - 06:11 PM.

user posted image

user posted image

"Sometimes, it's better to execute the order, no matter how wrong it is."

Jeff Parker is an U.S. soldier stationed in Las Venturas Desert Base. He's in the military for 10 years now. General Mills, the General of the U.S. Army, organized an operation in which Jeff has the leading role. The goal of the operation was to eliminate the courier who works for the enemy. However, after Jeff and his team had arrived at the destination of the courier, Jeff realised that the target is - A 17 year old kid, who is in a role of a courier for the enemy and not even knowing it. After Jeff refuses to shoot the courier from the obvious reasons, General Mills orders an elimination of the kid and Jeff to for disobeying the orders of the operation. Jeff Parker will find himself in a position where he has to run away and hide from the U.S. Army which gave him the status of an ''Enemy of the State'' and also find someone who can help him prove he is innocent.

user posted image

CharacterDescription
Jeff Parker
Jeff Parker, the main protagonist/playable character. He is an U.S. Army operative who refused to kill an innocent kid. But in return, the Army gave him the status of an ''Enemy of the State'' which will make Jeff one of the most wanted men in the United States.
General Mills
General Houston Mills, he's the General of the U.S. Army and also the man who framed Jeff and who wants him dead.
Spencer Wing
Spencer Wing, he is Jeff's old friend. He and Jeff known each other since high school. Spencer runs a weapon store in Las Venturas. Jeff usually calls him "Wingman".
Stan Hart
Stan Hart, he's a guy who blackmails Spencer and wants him to shut down his weapon store for no particular reason.
Lou Gamble
Lou Gamble, he is a friend of Spencer. He's both a car racer, and also a car dealer.
Rick Parker
Rick Parker, He is Jeff's elder brother. Jeff and Rick haven't seen each other for 5 years since Jeff had been stationed in the Army base in Las Venturas. They don't get along very well.
Brad Holding
Brad Holding, an FBI agent. He wants to put together a team which would work against the man he's trying to capture for 3 years.
Gordon Case
Gordon Case, another member of Agent Holding's team and he has to help the team to put General Mills behind bars.
Paul Hale
Paul Hale, he is an assassin hired by General Mills whose mission is to find and assassinate every member of the team working against General Mills. His partner is Sam Peterson.
Sam Peterson
Sam Peterson, he is an another assassin hired by General Mills whose mission is to find and kill every member of the team working against General Mills. His partner is Paul Hale.
Nick Howstore
Nick Howstore, he is a 40 year old employee of Ecofield Corporation and he is the guy who works at the office in which Jeff and the team planned to break into.

user posted image

Chapter I: Orders Download Link
The Runaway http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/22528
Wingman http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/22529
Stan Hart http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/22532
Don't Be A Fool http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23238
Hot Wheels http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23290
Stay Away -
Desert Sheep -
Evacuating The City -
Bayside Hotel -
Cat And Mouse -

Chapter II: Las Venturas Team Download Link
And They Were 4 -
Ecofield Corporation -
Mystery Man -
Cameras -
The Snitch -
Background Check -
Disconnected -
Blood Spills -

Chapter III: Night As An Ally Download Link
Loose Ends -
Reaching Out -
Roll The Dice -
Vanished -
Burning Chains -
Cover The Tracks -
Tonight's The Night -
Splitting Apart -

user posted image

user posted image

- Dutchy3010 & PatrickW: for developmenting DYOM modification
- Jimmy_Lepard: original author of the The Runaway
- Zizo008: for the video reviews
- Kaydee.: for the MP trailer

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

I will check this out as soon as I can smile.gif

Apit2010 (Alanj2007Games)
  • Apit2010 (Alanj2007Games)

GFX, Trailer and Mission Designer (DYOM)

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Good Luck With This MP, LFarmer smile.gif

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:05 AM Edited by LFarmer, 19 December 2012 - 09:02 AM.

QUOTE (apit2010 @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 07:41)
Good Luck With This MP, LFarmer smile.gif

Thanks, Apit. biggrin.gif

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:42 AM Edited by LFarmer, 13 December 2012 - 04:41 PM.

UPDATE :

Second mission added to the topic! Some parts from
the original one will be cut to another mission due to the "Invisible Checkpoint" bug cause of too much objectives.

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

The True Zen Corporation Master

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

why did he make a remake?

Apit2010 (Alanj2007Games)
  • Apit2010 (Alanj2007Games)

GFX, Trailer and Mission Designer (DYOM)

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

I don't know confused.gif

One question, Is this made using v6 or v7 Beta?

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Alright, I played the missions so far. I gotta tell you that I expected you'd change the actors, that actually is refreshing, nice one smile.gif However, it was kinda weird seeing General Mills being white and not black, but it's your remake and I respect it.

Although I don't put colored texts in my missions, I like seeing them in other people's missions, so thumbs up for you here aswell. smile.gif

You're going pretty well so far, good luck with the upcoming missions wink.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Umm... what? Why did you think making a remake will be a good idea? Because I don't think so.

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:13 AM Edited by LFarmer, 19 December 2012 - 09:07 AM.

QUOTE (apit2010 @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 09:05)
I don't know confused.gif

One question, Is this made using v6 or v7 Beta?

It is maded using V6.

@Jimmy_Leppard Thanks for the feedback, Jim! I am currently been working on the 3rd mission. Stay tuned!

@ProtoZeroZ It is because the original one really comes to my interest and I want to improve my skill of designing. So, I decided to choose this mission as my remake.

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Ahhh... i see, so your gonna remake the logo too? hahahahahahah
biggrin.gif just making some fun

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:26 AM Edited by LFarmer, 19 December 2012 - 09:07 AM.

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 11:11)
Umm... what? Why did you think making a remake will be a good idea? Because I don't think so.

Why and why not? confused.gif

@ProtoZeroZ I think so. smile.gif

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

user posted image

created the logo

CODE
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/o59heg.png[/IMG]

im guessing that the remaked Agent Holding is gonna be the FBI Agent Skin so i add him

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:26 PM Edited by LFarmer, 19 December 2012 - 09:06 AM.

QUOTE (ProtoZeroZ @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 12:15)
user posted image

created the logo

CODE
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/o59heg.png[/IMG]

im guessing that the remaked Agent Holding is gonna be the FBI Agent Skin so i add him

I'll use that as a temporary logo. Thanks.

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

No problemo. smile.gif just here to support your remake

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:28 PM Edited by LFarmer, 19 December 2012 - 09:06 AM.

QUOTE (ProtoZeroZ @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 12:27)
No problemo. smile.gif just here to support your remake

Thanks for supporting. I really appreciate it! biggrin.gif

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:50 PM Edited by LFarmer, 15 January 2013 - 06:13 PM.

UPDATE :
3rd mission added!

Kaydee.
  • Kaydee.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

To my acknowledge a 'remake' consist in recreating the main idea of other project in a new work, alongside with your twists and unique details, which is not what you did so far. Everything is exactly as the original ones, which is not the definition of a remake.
You should add your own detials in this mission series, details does make a huge difference, if you do it you'll certainly suceed. Not saying that you are not able to suceed yourself, but you should implement your own things in this, instead of copying stuff, otherwise we'll think you're not putting effort in your work which can lead you to failure.

Keep that in mind, recreate the main idea in this project alongside with your own details.

I played the missions and find them very good, despite everything I mentioned above.
The cutscsnes have perfect angle, were positioned very good and the dialogues are entertaining and useful to proceed on the mission.
Action is good, although I'm aware it's not what you're aiming for with this MP, I suppose you'll base your MP is story rather than action, which is is my favourite kind of series.

In fact, you did a great job so far and I'm looking forward to the upcoming missions.

Good luck.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Kaydee. @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 18:24)
To my acknowledge a 'remake' consist in recreating the main idea of other project in a new work, alongside with your twists and unique details, which is not what you did so far. Everything is exactly as the original ones, which is not the definition of a remake.
You should add your own detials in this mission series, details does make a huge difference, if you do it you'll certainly suceed. Not saying that you are not able to suceed yourself, but you should implement your own things in this, instead of copying stuff, otherwise we'll think you're not putting effort in your work which can lead you to failure.

Keep that in mind, recreate the main idea in this project alongside with your own details.

I played the missions and find them very good, despite everything I mentioned above.
The cutscsnes have perfect angle, were positioned very good and the dialogues are entertaining and useful to proceed on the mission.
Action is good, although I'm aware it's not what you're aiming for with this MP, I suppose you'll base your MP is story rather than action, which is is my favourite kind of series.

In fact, you did a great job so far and I'm looking forward to the upcoming missions.

Good luck.

I agree with KD here. It would fit better as a remake if only you made it on DYOM V7.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I disagree. V7 has great features, I admit that. But v6 shows more of the creativity of a designer, because of the limited features we have. Now there's a feature for our lil' creative solutions like the moving cutscenes and moving objects e.g. It looks damn awesome, but still. Idk, maybe it's just me hating on the new era that has begun lol.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 18:51)
I disagree. V7 has great features, I admit that. But v6 shows more of the creativity of a designer, because of the limited features we have. Now there's a feature for our lil' creative solutions like the moving cutscenes and moving objects e.g. It looks damn awesome, but still. Idk, maybe it's just me hating on the new era that has begun lol.gif

It's a remake man. I don't see a reason to disagree with V7. Afterall, what's the point of making a remake if it's practically the same. All the remade games for example are always with better graphics, new engine and improved while maintaining the story, and that's exactly where DYOM V7 comes in to place in here. I agree about how V6 shows creativity and such, but if it's made with it in the first place, this just has little to no change overall.

Kaydee.
  • Kaydee.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Whilst I agree with ThaBoY that designers are most likely to create better missions and stories using V6, I feel that Zizo got my point and also agree with him too.
What is the point of remaking something with an old system? The point of remaking is keep the good points and remove the bad ones thus adding new features in order to make the work even better.
The plot is already good and original, but it's likely to become excellent with improvements in the gameplay (as the original MP lacked good gameplay). It's like a game, don't you think Vice City would amazing in HD?

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Kaydee. @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 20:43)
It's like a game, don't you think Vice City would amazing in HD?

Nope. The low graphics make the game charming. I don't want a Vice City or San Andreas in HD and f*cked up with some Ragdoll. Some things don't need to change, they don't need to be 'improved' or remade. Vice City is one of those things, San Andreas is one, perhaps The Runaway is also one..

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Wow, i expected you will be convinced after my last post. Oh well...
It doesn't have to be vice city, it can be any other game. And it's not only the graphics, the gameplay too. Wouldn't it be great to have GTA 1 or 2 in 3D, with gameplay ranging from both new and old GTAs. This is like remaking GTA SA with DYOM, only worst, since there isn't much difference. Just look at most remade games, they're all with better graphics, improved gameplay...
This would be more unique if it had some key differences like a slightly different story. Otherwise i just see this as a copy and paste with different actors. Sorry if i'm bieng harsh.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 21:17)
Wouldn't it be great to have GTA 1 or 2 in 3D, with gameplay ranging from both new and old GTAs.

Actually no. Those were both great games and need no change at all. I don't see the use of it, you 'll only ruin a once great game with it. Of course I would buy it and enjoy it, but that doesn't mean it's better than the old one. I just don't see the use of things like that. As for this MP, I don't say I don't like it. I never said that. I just say I enjoyed the original Runaway, and don't see why it needs to be remade and 'improved'. It's good as it is imo.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

It's not the same thing, The Runaway remake just is the same as the original, with a few differences, i too don't see why it had to be remade. But games like GTA 1 at least have a reason to be remade, i'm sure if you played the 3d remade one first you'll think the original propably sucks, but it's not the same with The Runaway, if only it was remade in V7, i remember that Jimmy puts alot of cutscenes, now we make use of Moving cutscenes! I'm sure moving objects would play a large factor in making it better, and while i don't remember any gun chases, drive-by could be great. I know you'll enjoy the first one better, but it's still an achievement, however in this v6 case's there's nothing to change. Just don't get me wrong, I too don't support the idea of the remake, but we can't stop now if there's a way to innovate.

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

The Runaway isn't old enough to be remade. I mean, when I think all the remakes I've seen, there's always a long time between the original and the remake. (well, except MGS: Peace Walker but you guys got the point I think.)

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Just stop ranting fo gods sakes.. As you see Jimmy has agreed that it would be remade and has no problems with it. Why do you have to rant even if the original author is fine with it?

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:21 PM Edited by ThaBoY, 11 December 2012 - 09:34 PM.

Edit: nvm

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:44 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 11 December 2012 - 11:58 PM.

I personally think the remake would of been perfect for v7. I understand where ThaBoy is going with on the creativity, but with v7, the remake will have significant differences.

I believe there will be plenty of mission packs that might be "remade" with v7. I know it will set up a bandwagon of everyone making remakes, but I don't blame them, it adds some more improvement on existing ideas.

It once crossed my mind to remake Las Venturas Crew with v7 when it came out, but I have not really decided it yet. If I did, I would improve everything, the story, the characters, mission objectives. It would be a lot of work for something that is kind of already existing.

I wish you luck on this LFarmer smile.gif . I hope to see some changes that are from your ideas of the story. It will be more interesting to see what you change than what you keep the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users