Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why isn't there a PC version of Vice City Stories?

42 replies to this topic
Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (markusizr @ Friday, May 17 2013, 18:13)
on pc will be laggy

If modern day PC's can run GTA IV without lag, why shouldn't VCS be the same? VCS is a much older game set in the III era even the low end Pentium 4 pc's will be run it on low settings, so I would really like to know why you think that the game would lag on PC.

Anyway VCS and LCS were mean't to be a Sony exclusive, hence R* did not release it on PC. However there is a modding team working on an excellent modification of VCS on PC which is set to release in June/July 2013.

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

I never knew Sony had an exclusivity contract regarding these games. Does that mean if Sony owns part of them then the cars introduced in these games can't be used again in later games (mainly referring to V since it's going to 360 too)? Thinking back I can't recall a single vehicle introduced in either VCS or LCS that returned in IV. The jetski is coming back in V, but 'jetski' is a pretty generic term. I was hoping things like the Polaris V8 and Thunder Rodd could be used again, but maybe they won't be able to use those names now.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

I thought that R* simply had enough with porting those to PS2 so they gave up on PC and Xbox.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 13:43)
I thought that R* simply had enough with porting those to PS2 so they gave up on PC and Xbox.

They did port both games(as well as III, VC, and SA) over to the PS3, as all those games are available on the PSN Store for PS3. But, since they(LCS and VCS) are pretty much Sony exclusive, they more than likely won't see a PC release. Which is a shame, as games tend to look better and are easier to play on PC than on console. smile.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:10)
...games tend to look better and are easier to play on PC than on console. smile.gif

This is individual. I, for instance, find the PS2 controller to be more convenient than the keyboard.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

I agree with Arsen that a PS2 controller is much easier to use than a Keyboard and mouse. I do not use the keyboard and mouse controls on GTA PC Games

VinceDark
  • VinceDark

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

GTA VCS and LCS could also be launched for Xbox

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (VinceDark @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 18:22)

Doubt it.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 11:33)
QUOTE (VinceDark @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 18:22)

Doubt it.

I concurr.

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

Sony holds a contract with Rockstar for Exclusivity with there consoles. Meaning, they contacted Rockstar and gave them a lump of cash to specifically develop the game only for Sony branded Consoles, mainly the PSP. It was done so Sony could finally get a "Killer Game" on the PSP to compete with other handhelds better. The success of the game led to Rockstar porting both stories titles to PS2. It is unknown if they will ever make a another Stories title or port them to newer consoles. But either way, they will always be Sony Exclusive.

Similar to how Nintendo has a contract with capcom to keep Resident Evil Zero and Resident evil Remake exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

One thing they never did was conclude the stories set since there was no San Andreas Stories. This could of been set two years before the events of San Andreas and Rockstar could of used this to answer some questions as to what happend before the events of GTA San Andreas and after the events of Vice City. They could of also answered a bunch of other questions in the actuall game if San Andreas Stories ever got made. Sadly people who bought the Stories titles are left with only two games out of a possible three. Also it would of given people something to do while waiting years for GTA IV at the time.

With todays advancements with consoles and the technology Rockstar could treat us with two new GTA titles and make San Andreas Stories a digital download for those on Xbox 360/PS3 etc or perhaps even on PS4/Xbox One. It would give GTA Fans enough to do.

By the way does anyone know why GTA 3,Vice City and San Andreas has not been remade in HD for the Xbox 360/PS3? Seems odd they wouldnt celebrate the 10th aniversary by doing this and they would of made money doing this to boot.

Phew rant over thanks for reading

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

i disagree 

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

Well it was a Sony exclusive, was:

A mod team are making a Vice City Stories PC version as a San Andreas mod so we will receive a mod-able PC version, since it's techinally a custom game, hopefully the mod team will make it better, I personally hope that there is no Airtrains (the decorative planes that ruin the airports of any map conversion for San Andreas), they should be replaced with custom AT-400's which look like the Airtrain when the final version is released.

Here is a link to VCS PC edition: http://vcspcedition.com/

BGModder
  • BGModder

Lola's Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Is there not an emulator for that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users