Photo

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

1,688 replies to this topic
pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

Finally finished mission 32 this got me very curious how the rest of the game is going to play out. I know chapter 2 won't be as good as the first part but I'm still glad I ain't finished yet.

Well it's true it's mostly retread of some old missions but the new ones are still good. But the challenge of the extreme missions might drive you mad sometimes, also I love Subsistence missions. You start with nothing, everything is procure on site, and that makes me wish there was an option to unequip the primary and secondary weapons anytime you deploy.

I'm trying to get the neutralize Quiet with non-firearm attacks mission task on cloaked in silence extreme.

Any tips on how to get this, my development team level isn't high enough to develop sleep gas mines i tried sneaking up on her to throw some sleep grenades at her but she took off before i could throw them at her.

I had the stealth camo on so i'm not sure how she knew i was there, maybe she didn't and just happened to take off just as i was sneaking up on her.

If you don't care for S rank (which you can get after or before the task) just call a weather modification for a sandstorm or just use the stealth camo.

Thanks Adrian i got it eventually another strategy i read about and tried was to use the sleep gas air strike on Quiet then i called in a supply drop on her even though the mission task states that firearms can't be used on Quiet they can but the final blow has to be non-lethal the rules can be bent but not broken i've allready s-ranked all the missions.

I used sandstorm on previous attempts but didn't find it useful on the cloaked in silence mission, it was very useful on code talker extreme those skulls were a nuisance to take out took me nearly an hour to take them out, Quiet didn't last long against the skulls 2 shots and she was extracted i called her back in as soon as she was released from sickbay.

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

Hillary for Prison 2016

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

Finally finished mission 32 this got me very curious how the rest of the game is going to play out. I know chapter 2 won't be as good as the first part but I'm still glad I ain't finished yet.

Well it's true it's mostly retread of some old missions but the new ones are still good. But the challenge of the extreme missions might drive you mad sometimes, also I love Subsistence missions. You start with nothing, everything is procure on site, and that makes me wish there was an option to unequip the primary and secondary weapons anytime you deploy.

I'm trying to get the neutralize Quiet with non-firearm attacks mission task on cloaked in silence extreme.

Any tips on how to get this, my development team level isn't high enough to develop sleep gas mines i tried sneaking up on her to throw some sleep grenades at her but she took off before i could throw them at her.

I had the stealth camo on so i'm not sure how she knew i was there, maybe she didn't and just happened to take off just as i was sneaking up on her.

If you don't care for S rank (which you can get after or before the task) just call a weather modification for a sandstorm or just use the stealth camo.

Thanks Adrian i got it eventually another strategy i read about and tried was to use the sleep gas air strike on Quiet then i called in a supply drop on her even though the mission task states that firearms can't be used on Quiet they can but the final blow has to be non-lethal the rules can be bent but not broken i've allready s-ranked all the missions.

I used sandstorm on previous attempts but didn't find it useful on the cloaked in silence mission, it was very useful on code talker extreme those skulls were a nuisance to take out took me nearly an hour to take them out, Quiet didn't last long against the skulls 2 shots and she was extracted i called her back in as soon as she was released from sickbay.

Oh, I thought for some reason you were playing on extreme difficulty. The supply drop doesn't work there, she always jump out/vanish. It can be done without tricks (and DD) but you have to listen in with the directional mic/binoculars, stay out of sight and it just takes to damn long.

A fight with The End it is not.

• pyramid head likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Snaaaaake!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:34 PM

I'm trying to finish all the story missions first, including important side ops, before doing those extreme missions. After I got my hands on better gear I was actually thinking about going out to the field without any equipment and using whatever I find. Wanted to do some side ops like this but never got around to it.
  • pyramid head likes this

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

Oh, I thought for some reason you were playing on extreme difficulty. The supply drop doesn't work there, she always jump out/vanish. It can be done without tricks (and DD) but you have to listen in with the directional mic/binoculars, stay out of sight and it just takes to damn long.

A fight with The End it is not.

I was playing on extreme difficulty when you summon a supply drop on Quiet's location wait until the distance to target reaches 10 then stand up.

Quiet will be so busy shooting at Big Boss that she won't have time to jump away before the supply drop hits her, if you time it right you can hit Quiet with a supply drop.

One video i saw on Youtube which is posted below had someone call in 5 supply drops on Quiet that would take too long for my liking, the quick way is the way i did it use sleeping gas air strike which knocks off more than half her health then call in a supply drop and keep her distracted until it hits her.

I was never able to sneak up on The End when playing the PS2 version of MGS3 he would somehow always spot me, i was able to sneak up on him on the PS3 version of MGS3 only because when the FMV was over the game put me right under the hill that The End was hiding on all i had to do was walk around it and sneak up on him from behind.

Most of the time usually when playing late at night when i couldn't be bothered fighting The End i would just put the date forward a week so he would die of old age.

Very rarely during his first appearance in the game did i manage to kill him when he was in his wheelchair, i've only managed it once.

I'm trying to finish all the story missions first, including important side ops, before doing those extreme missions. After I got my hands on better gear I was actually thinking about going out to the field without any equipment and using whatever I find. Wanted to do some side ops like this but never got around to it.

Be sure to use Powerpyx's video for the shooting side missions on Mother Base some of the targets are in places you wouldn't think to look for targets and can sometimes be difficult to spot.

The way i did those missions was check the video below for the locations of the first few targets pause the video, shoot the targets then check the video for the locations of the next few targets do that for all the shooting side missions it makes it a lot easier and quicker.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Working hard to maintain my sanity.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:25 PM

The one on the R&D platform is especially difficult. Intel Platform also took me a bit to figure out as well.

fashion
  • fashion

Snaaaaake!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:54 PM

Man I f*cking hated some of them. I still have command platform (a new one) and intel/RD left, cant remember which.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

I finally got the security team above level 50 i had to transfer a lot of guys from the combat unit to do it, security is way too slow to level up by itself. Combat leveled up to 40 as i was typing this they had been at level 37.

What's the maximum waiting time for soldiers in the brig to be recruited into the mother base ranks, does it take longer for some or is it the same for all soldiers regardless of whether they are A rank or S rank, i've got lot's of A+ A++ and S rank soldiers in the brig, i'd like to get them transferred to the combat unit asap, the get all units above level 50 is the last single player trophy i have to get.

I've been farming S rank soldiers (what few that are there) from the missions Traitor's Caravan and both Code Talker and Code Talker extreme, are there any other missions i can get S rank soldiers from.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:57 AM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 17 June 2016 - 10:11 AM.

I think whoever made Quiet sing that f*cking annoying tune 24/7 needs to be slowly tortured to death in real life, she even starts singing like 5 minutes after you've told her to shut up (sometimes it can be as little time as 5 seconds), even if she's not received anymore commands since. Quite seriously one of the most annoying things in any video game I've ever played, f*ck this bitch. I'd rather play by myself with no help, who the f*ck thought that was a good idea.

• The Yokel likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:36 AM

I think whoever made Quiet sing that f*cking annoying tune 24/7 needs to be slowly tortured to death in real life, she even starts singing like 5 minutes after you've told her to shut up (sometimes it can be as little time as 5 seconds), even if she's not received anymore commands since. Quite seriously one of the most annoying things in any video game I've ever played, f*ck this bitch. I'd rather play by myself with no help, who the f*ck thought that was a good idea.

You should play all by yourself. And without all the fancy equipment while you're at it. It's the only thing that would make this game challenging. Buddies are completely overpowered and destroy any need for exploration and careful infiltration. The game starts off great but when you start unlocking stuff you realize that they turned the game into third person Farmville. It's obvious that the game was designed around microtransactions too.

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users