Photo

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

1,655 replies to this topic
pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Here's something that some may not have considered in relation to the games title "The Phantom Pain"

By replacing David Hayter with KF Hideo Kojima is making everyone who misses David as Snake experience their own version of "The Phantom Pain"

Don't say it isn't possible because it could be and it would be classic Kojima if it were true.

There were plenty of times during the game that i felt something was missing that something of course being David Hayter.

That's one interpretation of what "The Phantom Pain" could be, Kojima has broken the 4th wall many times in the MGS games this could be another 4th wall break
http://metalgear.wik...iki/Fourth_wall

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

Play everything and enjoy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

For the life of me, tonight I will write down the mission I'm stuck on and hope someone helps me tomorrow. I've been stuck on the same mission for three months plus. I want to get back into this game and beating this mission is the ticket. I've been gone for too long and its time.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Raiden雷電, 2 weeks ago.

I picked this game up the other day for the 360 and it's pretty good so far. I've only played like 4-5 missions though. For a game this new on a last gen console, it looks way better than i'd had expected it to look, it's a wonder the game even runs with graphics like that. Framerate might be a little bad at times but the game plays pretty smooth overall. Now, I haven't played MGS3, Peace Walker, or Ground Zeroes, but I have played MGS1, MGS2, and MGR Revengeance. I looked up the synopsis for those games that I haven't played so I'm not all that lost. But I will still get that HD collection in the future to try those out, Ground Zeroes as well. I also picked up MGS4 for the PS3 but haven't touched it yet. You know, of all the Metal gear games I've played, I'd have to say my favorite so far is probably the first game. The way the story and atmosphere was set up is phenomenal. The OST was great as well. NOTE: I'm talking about the PS1 version, not the "Twin Snakes" version on the Gamecube because I've never played that.

• Payne likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Sir Michael, A week ago.

Twin Snakes could have been way better if they didn't have snake doing backflips with 72-inch verticals. The cutscenes were too over the top, and they didn't use the original soundtrack, which was kind of annoying. Other than that, it was still fun.

Other than the challenge missions, I've almost S-ranked every mission except #30. Skull Face is the hardest for me right now since it's so linear. That base is a bitch to sneak through. I might as well kill everybody and not worry about getting Foxhound rank.

Edit: Finally did it!! I got a neat little present out of it all too.

Spoiler

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted A week ago

Metal Gear Online Getting New DLC Including Playable Quiet in March
http://www.playstati...t-in-March.html

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members