783 replies to this topic
Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

I think you've changed your opinion because of the way the game was presented to us. The very first trailer was exactly that; a first glimpse into the game. New characters, new places etc. As time passed, Konami stared to show less of the story, and more of the gameplay. As far as I can remember, nothing was explained in the latest trailers, except maybe the E3 one. As far as my view goes, I understood jack sh*t.

I, for one, welcome any kind of footage. I didn't have the chance to get the older Metal Gear games, so I had to start with Ground Zeroes, which was a blast, just short, and a few annoyances that are clearly present because I'm a noob when it comes to the franchise.

But on the other hand, I can understand why someone who's knowledge about the game is vast can be annoyed by the lack of story presentation in any way.

Either way, consider me hyped.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted A week ago

I hoped GZ had more story than it did as I obviously didn't want to know too much before I played it, then it felt like there wasn't even anything aside from the starting intro and ending outro.

I want to see it for myself but I just want to make sure there is actual content there.

I already have played GZ so it feels like I have already played this, so in gameplay terms I know exactly how it feels already. So the only unknown is the story so that is what I am more excited about for once. Generally I am not this way on a lot of games but this time I am. Because its f*cking metal gear.

I just don't want to be let down like I was with 4 and GZ.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

I think you'll be in for a surprise then. The recent gameplay videos revealed quite a few gameplay mechanics that obviously didn't make it into Ground Zeroes. But otherwise, what you said is true. This will be more about the story than the gameplay. Or at least should be in my opinion.

Seņor_Fisto
  • Seņor_Fisto

Literally A Baby Pagophilus Groenlandicus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I hoped GZ had more story than it did as I obviously didn't want to know too much before I played it, then it felt like there wasn't even anything aside from the starting intro and ending outro.

I want to see it for myself but I just want to make sure there is actual content there.

I already have played GZ so it feels like I have already played this, so in gameplay terms I know exactly how it feels already. So the only unknown is the story so that is what I am more excited about for once. Generally I am not this way on a lot of games but this time I am. Because its f*cking metal gear.

I just don't want to be let down like I was with 4 and GZ.

GZ was equivalent to an alpha tech demo when compared to Phantom Pain's gameplay

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users