Photo

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

745 replies to this topic
mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

the steel book and making of is what attracts me  dlc is meh in this case - that being said if i want to import this from the US who should i go thro ?

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

You should be able to preorder it at your local retailer. The CE is/will be available worldwide according to konami. If all else fails buy it off amazon. You can apparently even sign up and they'll inform you when it's in stock.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

All this time and development coming to an end is saddening.

KIuI9bg.gif

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:34 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 12 March 2015 - 09:34 PM.

Still no CE preorder option for many U.S. retailers. Wonder what's taking them so long to get it up.

Lhinda5
  • Lhinda5

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:18 AM Edited by Lhinda5, 15 March 2015 - 04:12 AM.

Metal Gear is a really good game. Especially if they take the time to watch the little cut scenes and follow the story.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

I could use some help on the intel operative rescue mission, i'm trying to s rank it on hard difficulty.

When it comes to shooting the vehicles that follow the operative can i shoot the vehicles to disable the vehicle instead of shooting the driver, shooting the driver would be easier if the pilot would stop messing up my aim by constantly moving the helicopter at the wrong moment.

Does shooting an explosive barrel to take out enemy soldiers count as a kill.

Taking out enemies would be easier if the helicopter pilot would stay still and not move the helicopter just as i pull the trigger, i really want to s rank this mission asap as i'm tired of getting an a rank again and again.

This mission and eliminate the renegade threat are the only 2 missions i have to complete on hard, not sure if Jamais Vu counts.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

Didn't wanna make a new topic for it, so I'll just drop the link below here and run away

http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1013350

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Idioteque

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, I saw that. This is major, looks like Konami is trying to pretend that Kojima Productions never existed, no precurser, nothing.

I wonder what this will mean for the future? I guess we'll see.

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

Religion! ... Cause of Peace & War.

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:40 PM Edited by M.A.K, 19 March 2015 - 05:42 PM.

This is a bit worrying for me, Konami is pulling of a dick move, i get it since Kojima is going to leave after TPP (as rumored) but that doesn't mean just rebrand it without kojima's name, and i am actually worried that this may have a bad impact on the game as a whole.

http://www.konami.jp...p/en/index.php5

as you guys can see they have removed the studio logo as well, somethings brewing over at Konami and i don't like the smell of it ... time will tell

Edit: One more thing of note, is if you check Ground Zeroes site, they have removed all traces of Kojima & Kojima Productions, why do that for a game which has already been released?

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

I don't think it will have an impact on the game, considering that by now, it's probably just a search for bugs, glitches and that sort of stuff.

I'm confident the game itself is already complete. All they're doing now is just polishing. And no, not like Rockstar.

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

Well that may be true but who knows, i hope it doesn't effect the game overall, but removing the name from already released titles is a weird move,

this news has already got alot of backlash from the MGS community, i don't really think isolating Kojima's name from the game would make it any less a Hideo kojima Game.

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:19 PM

(I think this deserves a bump)

Sources say that it is a internal falling out between Konami and Kojima

http://www.gamespot....-/1100-6426024/

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:57 PM

Things certainly got worse, considering that not only Kojima is leaving, but key members as well. This may sound a little selfish, but as long as The Phantom Pain is not affected, I'm somewhat neutral with this. I suppose Konami didn't have their smiley faces ready when Kojima was ready to leave them. 

You may never know; Kojima may turn independent, and make some other great games.

This whole situation makes me wonder if the team working on the game was not allowed full control on the game. It doesn't seem like that (there's seriously barely anything wrong with the game I can point out right now), but you may never know. 

Or it could be that I just don't see the whole picture, and I'm spouting bullsh*t right now. Either way, it's a loss for Konami as well as for us. Even if there will be a sixth Metal Gear Solid it won't be the same. I cannot see anyone else do it as well as Hideo.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Order. Purpose. Direction.

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

Kojima will be okay. He'll either go make smaller indie projects or start a new AAA studio, West and Zampella-style. Actually, it might be a blessing for him as he finally won't be forced to make any more Metal Gears. Konami will make loads of money off The Phantom Pain, but the future of the MGS franchise will heavily depend on the people they'll put behind the wheel. There is a high chance the quality will decline quickly, just look at how post-MW2 Infinity Ward CoDs turned out or Halo struggling to find its footing after Bungie left. And considering that MGS is much more of a creator's personal project than those series were, I'd say that MGS is done if Kojima leaves.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Hit by Lightning
  • Hit by Lightning

ಠ_ಠ

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:47 PM

Konami, the EA of Asia.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:55 AM

Konami, the EA of Asia.

That's too much though.

Kojima will be okay. He'll either go make smaller indie projects or start a new AAA studio, West and Zampella-style. Actually, it might be a blessing for him as he finally won't be forced to make any more Metal Gears. Konami will make loads of money off The Phantom Pain, but the future of the MGS franchise will heavily depend on the people they'll put behind the wheel. There is a high chance the quality will decline quickly, just look at how post-MW2 Infinity Ward CoDs turned out or Halo struggling to find its footing after Bungie left. And considering that MGS is much more of a creator's personal project than those series were, I'd say that MGS is done if Kojima leaves.

This is probably likely. I can definitely see the entire Metal Gear franchise ending with The Phantom Pain. But there's always the possibility of that spin-off, like

Revengeance. 

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Idioteque

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:46 AM

No, The Metal Gear franchise will push forward, even with the majority of the veteran developers gone.

The unfortunate truth? Konami will milk this cow until it's dead. 

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

Kojima and his team are contracted to work on TPP until decemeber, so no worries there. However, his involvement with silent hills is questionable at this point, wich is a HUGE shame. I was really looking forward to it.

Either way, this didn't happen over night. For all we know he might have quit himself. I'm sure it won't put a strain on these last few months of production that TPP still has left.

But this really is his final MG game. And despite him always saying that, after a game like MGSV i'll honestly take his word for it. 

I'm sure sooner or later we'll know what really happened. The removal of their name is very much weird.

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:32 PM Edited by M.A.K, 20 March 2015 - 05:32 PM.

Konami issued a notice regarding MGS V

Notification Regarding "METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN"

Thank you for your continued patronage of KONAMI products and services.

The latest title in the METAL GEAR series, "METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN" (below, "MGSV: TPP"), will be released as planned starting on Tuesday, September 1, 2015 in North America, Latin America, and Europe, followed by Japan and Asia on Wednesday, September 2. Hideo Kojima will remain involved throughout.

In addition, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. will continue to develop and distribute top-quality content in the METAL GEAR series following "MGSV: TPP." We greatly anticipate and deeply appreciate your ongoing support for METAL GEAR.

As the next step in the series, KONAMI has already resolved to develop a new "METAL GEAR" title.

We will be conducting auditions for main staff to lead the development.

Interested parties are encouraged to contact us to via the recruitment page of the KONAMI official website.

If you have any questions or concerns, please submit an inquiry via the "Contact Us" page.

http://www.konami-di...pics/2015/0320/

It seems Kojima is going to have full hand on MGS V till its finished and released, and a reboot of Metal Gear is highly possible,

but i still just want them to put back the "A Hideo Kojima Game" title ..

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:10 PM Edited by Stephan90, 20 March 2015 - 09:10 PM.

Kojima could re-imagine Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. A battle between Solid Snake and Big Boss would be epic.And also Solid Snake vs Gray Fox.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:18 AM

Maybe something will happen along the lines of Wasteland/Fallout... (Hideo) Kojima productions being thrown away by konami, Konami trying their best (and maybe even ''succeeding") in delivering 'Metal Gear' games.. And (Hideo) Kojima Productions bringing out a new franchise along the lines of Metal Gear.

Who knows. All I know is I joined it late on the Metal Gear party (been a fan of it for ages... only effectively played all the games starting two years ago). Sad, real sad. 

• tuareg likes this

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:41 AM Edited by Stephan90, 21 March 2015 - 11:41 AM.

Just preordered the Collectors edition for PS4, at amazon it was sold out already and I don't know if they will get more copies in the future.

Can't wait for the release. It will be the game of the year. I am only sad that Guns of the patriots is not available on PSN for PS4, since I don't have a PS3.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Order. Purpose. Direction.

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

https://twitter.com/...995844487061505

Hayters gonna hayte.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Private Dick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:51 PM Edited by Waldie, 22 March 2015 - 12:53 PM.

I'd have probably continued to be interested in further Metal Gear games even though Kojima was gone, but this business with Konami taking his name off not only PP but previous games as well is just bad form.

f*ck Konami. I'll be buying this of course but no more Konami products unless they get their act together and stop being a bunch of spiteful pricks.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:36 PM

Konami...

• Waldie and maxpaynefan like this

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:15 PM Edited by pyramid head, 27 March 2015 - 02:16 PM.

I finally got an s rank on the intel operative misson on hard, it took 32 tries mostly due to snake and the operative being killed several times, it took me 32 attempts before i got the s rank, i saw a comment on a youtube video saying you could shoot the jeeps until they exploded and it wouldn't count against you as a kill i tried it and it worked, i've seen some comments on various videos where people said they retried more than once and still got an s rank that didn't work for me retrying even once locked me out of an s rank.

On one of the 32 attempts at s ranking this mission the operative was killed just as i was about to load him into the helicopter talk about bad timing.

Trying to take out the jeep drivers with the stun pistol was more trouble than it was worth because it was hard to stun the driver because of his erratic driving and the helicopter pilot deciding to move the helicopter just as i was about to shoot the driver.

Up next unlocking the remaining trials and finally getting around to playing Jamais Vu

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users