» «
Photo

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

607 replies to this topic
Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 11 hours ago Edited by Waldie, 11 hours ago.

Also holy f*cking sh*t did anyone see that multiplayer footage? (assaulting someone's Mother Base?) This game is going to be pretty damn HUGE to play. Goddamn.

The video was damn sexy. Those animations...

Not sure about the multiplayer thing though. I think having other players coming into your Mother Base and f*cking it up all the time is going to get annoying fast. A.I. attacks I welcome but I've never been terribly keen on multiplayer in general. 

I really hope it's not mandatory and there's an opt out / offline mode. I don't want to have to turn off my internet just to play it. That would be a major f*ck up otherwise in my book. I'm getting tired of this forced multiplayer bullsh*t, especially when it starts creeping it's way into singleplayer. Not everyone is a social gamer. I loved playing through Peace Walker but I never even touched the online component.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 hours ago

Also holy f*cking sh*t did anyone see that multiplayer footage? (assaulting someone's Mother Base?) This game is going to be pretty damn HUGE to play. Goddamn.

The video was damn sexy. Those animations...

Not sure about the multiplayer thing though. I think having other players coming into your Mother Base and f*cking it up all the time is going to get annoying fast. A.I. attacks I welcome but I've never been terribly keen on multiplayer in general. 

I really hope it's not mandatory and there's an opt out / offline mode. I don't want to have to turn off my internet just to play it. That would be a major f*ck up otherwise in my book. I'm getting tired of this forced multiplayer bullsh*t, especially when it starts creeping it's way into singleplayer. Not everyone is a social gamer. I loved playing through Peace Walker but I never even touched the online component.

The Co Op is what made Peace Walker just even better. Shame I haven't sunken as many hours into it as I could (late to the party). But still it was great.

Through co-operative play you could actually gain more resources to develop your mother base. I hope this time around it's the same. Tho, hopefully as promised, a lot more open world approaches to missions and gone with the repetitiveness/linearity. 

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 7 hours ago Edited by Waldie, 7 hours ago.

I'm sure co-op was great but I aside from the odd deathmatch, I only play online games with friends, and I didn't even know anyone else that owned a psp let alone Peace Walker. At present, I only know of one friend that's into MGS and he'll probably get MGSV for Xbox One whereas I plan on getting it for PS4. Never too fussed about MGO either. I played it for a bit but I could never really get into it.

Therefore I don't see multiplayer being of interest to me. I have no objection to it, I just hope it doesn't force interaction with other players - not that I expect it will, but I'd like to hear some confirmation that it's optional. From the looks of everything so far, I reckon the Single Player will be more than enough to keep me amused for a long time.

• maxpaynefan likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

GTA 4 FANBOY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 7 hours ago

is it known as to how this game will play on xbox 360.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 5 hours ago

Relatively well i'd imagine! Most of the development time went in creating the game for the ps3/360 after all.

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

GTA 4 FANBOY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 hours ago

Relatively well i'd imagine! Most of the development time went in creating the game for the ps3/360 after all.

is it possible there will be multiple discs. 1-2?

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 4 hours ago

I'd imagine so! I don't expect everything to fit on only 1 disc for the 360. The game is going to be absolutely huge. And that's only judging by the things we know at this point!

Cottage_Cheese
  • Cottage_Cheese

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 4 hours ago Edited by Cottage_Cheese, 4 hours ago.

Are we able to throw/smear our smegma at opponents in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users