Photo

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

618 replies to this topic
Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Waldie, 3 weeks ago.

Also holy f*cking sh*t did anyone see that multiplayer footage? (assaulting someone's Mother Base?) This game is going to be pretty damn HUGE to play. Goddamn.

The video was damn sexy. Those animations...

Not sure about the multiplayer thing though. I think having other players coming into your Mother Base and f*cking it up all the time is going to get annoying fast. A.I. attacks I welcome but I've never been terribly keen on multiplayer in general. 

I really hope it's not mandatory and there's an opt out / offline mode. I don't want to have to turn off my internet just to play it. That would be a major f*ck up otherwise in my book. I'm getting tired of this forced multiplayer bullsh*t, especially when it starts creeping it's way into singleplayer. Not everyone is a social gamer. I loved playing through Peace Walker but I never even touched the online component.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Also holy f*cking sh*t did anyone see that multiplayer footage? (assaulting someone's Mother Base?) This game is going to be pretty damn HUGE to play. Goddamn.

The video was damn sexy. Those animations...

Not sure about the multiplayer thing though. I think having other players coming into your Mother Base and f*cking it up all the time is going to get annoying fast. A.I. attacks I welcome but I've never been terribly keen on multiplayer in general. 

I really hope it's not mandatory and there's an opt out / offline mode. I don't want to have to turn off my internet just to play it. That would be a major f*ck up otherwise in my book. I'm getting tired of this forced multiplayer bullsh*t, especially when it starts creeping it's way into singleplayer. Not everyone is a social gamer. I loved playing through Peace Walker but I never even touched the online component.

The Co Op is what made Peace Walker just even better. Shame I haven't sunken as many hours into it as I could (late to the party). But still it was great.

Through co-operative play you could actually gain more resources to develop your mother base. I hope this time around it's the same. Tho, hopefully as promised, a lot more open world approaches to missions and gone with the repetitiveness/linearity. 

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Waldie, 3 weeks ago.

I'm sure co-op was great but I aside from the odd deathmatch, I only play online games with friends, and I didn't even know anyone else that owned a psp let alone Peace Walker. At present, I only know of one friend that's into MGS and he'll probably get MGSV for Xbox One whereas I plan on getting it for PS4. Never too fussed about MGO either. I played it for a bit but I could never really get into it.

Therefore I don't see multiplayer being of interest to me. I have no objection to it, I just hope it doesn't force interaction with other players - not that I expect it will, but I'd like to hear some confirmation that it's optional. From the looks of everything so far, I reckon the Single Player will be more than enough to keep me amused for a long time.

• maxpaynefan likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

GTA 4 FANBOY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

is it known as to how this game will play on xbox 360.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Relatively well i'd imagine! Most of the development time went in creating the game for the ps3/360 after all.

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

GTA 4 FANBOY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Relatively well i'd imagine! Most of the development time went in creating the game for the ps3/360 after all.

is it possible there will be multiple discs. 1-2?

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'd imagine so! I don't expect everything to fit on only 1 disc for the 360. The game is going to be absolutely huge. And that's only judging by the things we know at this point!

Cottage_Cheese
  • Cottage_Cheese

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Cottage_Cheese, 3 weeks ago.

Are we able to throw/smear our smegma at opponents in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain?

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by gta_aus, 3 weeks ago.

I bought Ground Zeroes yesterday, fully knowing it was one mission. But seriously I know you die hard fans won't admit it but this should have been released as a free demo because really that's all it is. Don't give me his blah blah "prequel" crap. But if I take it back within seven days I get my money back and I'll do that today may as well.
  • Boxman108 likes this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Don't know why you're upset about it, you knew going in.

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm not upset at all it was a good demo but it was very cheeky of them to charge that much.
  • Iroquois likes this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I paid £10 for it a couple of weeks ago. I feel satisfied with that purchase, I love it and I'm still playing it.

It was overpriced to begin with though, no doubt about it. Something of a dangerous precedent too I might add.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm not upset at all it was a good demo but it was very cheeky of them to charge that much.

I paid $2.50 for it. It's your own fault you don't know how to Redbox.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

How much was it again? I think at first it was $40, then they dropped it down to $30 before release because they thought $40 was too much  :lol:

People ate it up like a Thanksgiving turkey. That's something I'd expect from EA or Ubisoft...I mean, if it was either of those two you'd hear a huge outcry on the internet.

I know some people haven't forgotten about the Mass Effect 3 ending shenanigan and the amount of tears that were shed. But hey, it's Kojima, so he and his company gets a free pass. 

Anyway, on Steam they've listed each game separately. I hope at some point they'll bundle them together like Bioshock, Metro Redux, Borderlands, etc. into one complete package so I can pick it up during a Steam sale for $12.99.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

I've been running this S rank lately with no reflex, aim assist, kills, hard mode, no marking etc and it has been a blast to get it right. it can be difficult sometimes but it feels rewarding to actually get through the game without the baby mode features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF9X5p-HjDU

i'll be uploading more strats/missions as i work them out and i'll definitely be doing the same for TPP.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Playa

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

I paid $2.50 for it. It's your own fault you don't know how to Redbox.

Thats a very naive thing to see, especially for us living in places like Europe (aka sh*thole, aka hell). Dont you know the rest of the world is 20 years or so behind the USA in technology and wonderous things like redbox? I mean we JUST received tivo.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 2 days ago

So, does anyone think they're going to finally announce the release date at TGS this week?  There's a rumour it might be released this year, but that sounds like wishful thinking to me.  Currently, March next year seems the best bet.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by NYC PATROL, 2 days ago.

So, does anyone think they're going to finally announce the release date at TGS this week?  There's a rumour it might be released this year, but that sounds like wishful thinking to me.  Currently, March next year seems the best bet.

I think they are going to wait a little longer to tell us unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong though.

I've been running this S rank lately with no reflex, aim assist, kills, hard mode, no marking etc and it has been a blast to get it right. it can be difficult sometimes but it feels rewarding to actually get through the game without the baby mode features.

i'll be uploading more strats/missions as i work them out and i'll definitely be doing the same for TPP.

Nice job.  :^:  Is that the PS3 version?

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

I think they are going to wait a little longer to tell us unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong though.

Nice job.  :^:  Is that the PS3 version?

yeah PS3 version, i'll buy a PS4 when they announce the release date for TPP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwT4YqubgR8

Jamais Vu S rank, no alert/kill (i'm ranked 18 in the world at this mission)

• NYC PATROL likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users