Photo

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

1,686 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:37 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 09 December 2012 - 05:41 PM.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 18:21)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 09:08)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 16:22)
I think this is for MGS: Ground Zeroes.
This could be Volgin after he was on fire.
user posted image

I think everyone is missing this important piece of potential evidence I found.

Volgin was on fire in MGS3. Both GZ and (we can assume) MGSV will take place after that. So if you are saying that he's all burnt up because the Phantom Pains trailer shows him burning (presumably), that doesn't make sense, because the guy burning would already be burnt up, or he wasn't burnt up, which would mean he survived the fire in MGS3, and would survive the fire in Phantom Pain. But I tend to go with the people that think that if that is Volgin in the Phantom Pain trailer, that it's a hallucination.

Oh, right.
A floating body (possibly Psycho Mantis) is seen at the end of the trailer.When the character (possibly Big Boss) has a gun pointed at him. The trailer makes MGS look like a horror game!

LeThaL AsSeT
  • LeThaL AsSeT

F*ck Yo CoucH NyuGGa!!!

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

I dont get why they would announce two metal gear solid games around the same time whats the point of this ?

ptiko
  • ptiko

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (LeThaL AsSeT @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 20:27)
I dont get why they would announce two metal gear solid games around the same time whats the point of this ?

Confusion to build hype. Could be two separate games altogether. I'm bouncing off the ceiling in excitement. Been a huge MGS fan since the first.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

I'm thinking The Phantom Pain is a PSN/XBL download exclusive, short prequel to Ground Zeroes.

Or...

It's ALL made up and this game will never actually come out, neither ever was in development. The trailer made just to create a hype around MGS series.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 23:52)
I'm thinking The Phantom Pain is a PSN/XBL download exclusive, short prequel to Ground Zeroes.

I think it would be the other way around. Kojima said that Ground Zeroes is going to be a prelude to MGS V. But it's crazy to promote two separate games, right? Even if one is much shorter than the other.

I hope we don't have to wait until E3 to find out.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

i'm starting to think it's all one game, he's just showing it off in a unique way

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 23:56)
i'm starting to think it's all one game, he's just showing it off in a unique way

I would agree with you, but Geoff Keighley, who was involved in putting together the VGAs, implied that the Phantom Pain trailer was from a game that hadn't been shown before.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

http://i.minus.com/iQFE26MFd8hjV.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

http://thephantompain.com/

Also (translation from a Polish MG fan site):
"Is The Phantom Pain set in Cyprus? The map in the trailer suggests so. The British flag hanging next to it, implies that the medical outpost lies on the Akrotiri terrain - a part of British overseas colonies. As an essential fact, we recall an event that occured in 1974, when the island was divided due to Turkish forces intervention; the same year of Peace Walker."

user posted image

BONUS: http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Fox Engine is going to be used for both current & next gen consoles, so it might be for next gen, I sure hope so, and I also think so. Releasing PS4 with MGS V, that will sell.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Some people are saying it is 'Python' from portable ops, typical the one game I didn't play.

According to what I read, he suffered injuries that cause his body to overheat and catch fire, he also has the pinhead look, as you can see in the trailer.

Then again, Kojima tweeted that he is bringing a dead character back to life.

Everything seems possible at this point.

One thing I did notice that I doubt anyone else did, the SMG's the soldiers had, I cannot be even 50% accurate as you barely see them, but they look like Steyr MPi 69's based off the front iron sight and the overall slim design, all other copies of that model and layout, (Uzi style layout with the magazine in the pistol grip) are all designed around 1982 and onwards. The point being that this should have to be at least a while after peace walker, I am not sure when Ground Zeroes is meant to be set. I am told it is still 1974, or right after. It seems a shame to me to not move at least a couple years forward, better tech, more storyline characters emerging etc.

Either way, once we get a better quality version to watch we may be able to figure more out.

Imo, it would have to be Big Boss after the events of either MG1 or MG2:SS. (NES Versions)

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

http://www.mobydickstudio.se/en/

Site updated. New screens.

Hyped.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Damn, is this game really MGS5? Based on the graphics and the PS3/360 logos on the official site, it's obviously current gen. This leads me to believe its Ground Zeroes. Or does Kojima actually plan to release MGS5 and Ground Zeroes before this gen is out? Or are they the same game? What a mind f*ck!

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 21:36)
Damn, is this game really MGS5? Based on the graphics and the PS3/360 logos on the official site, it's obviously current gen. This leads me to believe its Ground Zeroes. Or does Kojima actually plan to release MGS5 and Ground Zeroes before this gen is out? Or are they the same game? What a mind f*ck!

user posted image

If that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does.

Kojima already announced that Ground Zeroes was the direct prequel to MGS5.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 21:45)

That's why I'm so confused. It's like R* announcing GTA VI for 360/PS3 before releasing V. I just find it hard to believe Kojima is going to release two MGS games before next gen systems come out in 2013/14. It boggles the mind! I'm excited, but it almost seems too good to be true.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 22:27)
QUOTE (Daz @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 21:45)

That's why I'm so confused. It's like R* announcing GTA VI for 360/PS3 before releasing V. I just find it hard to believe Kojima is going to release two MGS games before next gen systems come out in 2013/14. It boggles the mind! I'm excited, but it almost seems too good to be true.

I feel the exact same thing. That makes me utterly confused about what this game is. It's going to be released on current-gen consoles, that's for sure.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

user posted image
The official Solid Snake commented "It made my arm hurt" biggrin.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Question:

I have Metal Gear Solid on ps2, never played it though, think I should give it a shot then work my way up to the newer ones?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 00:02)
Question:

I have Metal Gear Solid on ps2, never played it though, think I should give it a shot then work my way up to the newer ones?

Yes.
The PS2 ones, especially Snake Eater, were the best games. inlove.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 23:02)
Question:

Beat them chronologically:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (X360/PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 1 (PS1/PC/PSNetwork)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
As for The Phantom Pain, I'm 99% sure the hospital scene is set in 1972 - just after Snake's wake up from coma.

"After Big Boss became exposed to nuclear radiation at Bikini Atoll, he was discovered to be infertile. Not wanting to let the genetic legacy of the greatest soldier to have ever lived simply die out, as well as not wanting to lose the Patriots' icon, Zero hatched a plan to create clones of Big Boss. This became known as the Les Enfants Terribles project.

In 1972, when Big Boss returned from a mission in a coma, Zero used this opportunity to extract DNA from him
."

This can mean one thing: The game's storyline is divided into two different times - before Peace Walker (around 1972) and after Ground Zeroes (post 1974).

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 23:14)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 23:02)
Question:

Beat them chronologically:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (X360/PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 1 (PS1/PC/PSNetwork)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
As for The Phantom Pain, I'm 99% sure the hospital scene is set in 1972 - just after Snake's wake up from coma.

"After Big Boss became exposed to nuclear radiation at Bikini Atoll, he was discovered to be infertile. Not wanting to let the genetic legacy of the greatest soldier to have ever lived simply die out, as well as not wanting to lose the Patriots' icon, Zero hatched a plan to create clones of Big Boss. This became known as the Les Enfants Terribles project.

In 1972, when Big Boss returned from a mission in a coma, Zero used this opportunity to extract DNA from him
."

This can mean one thing: The game's storyline is divided into two different times - before Peace Walker (around 1972) and after Ground Zeroes (post 1974).

I would say, play them in the following order:

1: 3
2: 1
3: 2
4: 4

Which is not only the order in which I like them the most, but its also the correct order.

As for your prediction, it is obviously not 1972, for one simple fact, Big Boss had all his body parts during Peace Walker (1974).

I mean, it could all be a hallucination, every single thing in the trailer could mean f*ck all, if Kojima decides to go that way he will do it. So in the end, anything could happen at this point and its kind of futile trying to judge it all, because there are way too many outcomes, seeing as the whole point of the games are to make you think " what the f*ck? " " how the f*ck? " the whole time.

What annoys me is that I am pretty sure there is nothing in any kind of factual information in ANY of the games that indicate Big Boss losing any limbs, other than being injured from battles with Snake. If this is true and it is an injury from a Snake battle, it would have to be set AFTER 1995, which makes no sense to just jump from 1974/whenever Ground Zeroes is set, all the way to 1995 (The first Metal Gear game). So we must be missing something, the limb in itself is a hallucination as well, either that or he just gets a new arm, I mean Zadornov in Peace Walker seemed to have a working false hand. Possible I guess, it just annoys me because I want evidence to back up this happening, and its annoying if Kojima wants to just make up anything then figure out ways to reset it in order to fall into lines with the later told plot lines.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

The Union Jack could be a sign that the Jubilee is being celebrated at the time of the game, so the game could be set in 1977. Or 2012.

LeThaL AsSeT
  • LeThaL AsSeT

F*ck Yo CoucH NyuGGa!!!

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:50 AM Edited by LeThaL AsSeT, 11 December 2012 - 06:09 AM.

I dont wanna buy two games I waste enough money on games dozingoff.gif and now I may have to buy two MGS games just so im up to date with the story, idk man Im still petty skeptical about phantom pain being MGS V really all we have so far is the logo METAL GEAR SOLID V fits into the logo above Phantom Pain where the groves are, its a metal gear solid game thats for sure but how do we know its separate from Ground Zeros?

user posted image

Tyler
  • Tyler

keep your chin up out there

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

I feel like Ground Zeroes is the Tanker Level or Virtuous Mission to MGSV.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

If this is indeed MGS5, it looks...creepy. Well, at least it's a refreshing new change.

So many things here are dead giveaways too. The "old guy" has a bandage over his eye (same one as Big Boss), same beard and hair (plus color) of Big Boss, what looks like Volgin at one point, and what looks like Psycho Mantis at the end. Now someone please explain the giant flaming whale eating a helicopter.

By the way, I never played Peace Walker or Portable Ops. Are they important in the storyline?

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 15:25)
By the way, I never played Peace Walker or Portable Ops. Are they important in the storyline?

Considering that Ground Zeroes will be a prequel to MGS5, and GZ is a sequel to Peace Walker - you should play it. Buy HD Collection for PS3/X360/Vita. Portable Ops isn't really that important, so you can leave that one.

LeThaL AsSeT
  • LeThaL AsSeT

F*ck Yo CoucH NyuGGa!!!

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 14:26)
I feel like Ground Zeroes is the Tanker Level or Virtuous Mission to MGSV.

Thats how I feel about it too GZ is probably a later mission or a part of MGS V in some sorta way ppl are saying its the prequel just cuz kojima said it himself but really with the way kojima decide to reveal Phantom Pain, with the whole Fake Swedish Studio non sense, its sorta hard to take his word on it, hes playing to many mind games with us

I dont like mad.gif

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 15:46)

Considering that Ground Zeroes will be a prequel to MGS5, and GZ is a sequel to Peace Walker - you should play it. Buy HD Collection for PS3/X360/Vita. Portable Ops isn't really that important, so you can leave that one.

Cool. Thanks. icon14.gif

Is PO canon at all? Like, is it necessary at least read the story from it?

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 16:06)
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 15:46)

Cool. Thanks. icon14.gif

Is PO canon at all? Like, is it necessary at least read the story from it?

There's a debate concering if Portable Ops is canon, but there's no official confirmation regarding that. You can skip this game. But Snake Eater and Peace Walker are the most essential if you're thinking about playing Ground Zeroes and this Phantom Pain (is it Ground Zeroes?).

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

I beat Snake Eater back in 2004. Still an incredible game. I never got a PSP so I didn't play Portable Ops or Peace Walker. But since they're on PS3 now, I'll pick up the HD collection.

Let's not forget we're still not sure if this is really MGS5. It most likely is but we have no official confirmation yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users