Photo

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

510 replies to this topic
Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ī-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 04:33)
And one last thing, I am getting sick to f*ck of them maiming so many main characters. By the end of it we will only have cyborgs.

Right? The amount of times people have lost body parts in MGS even exceeds the amount of parents killed.

Shiggys
  • Shiggys

Biggu Bossu

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 12:33)
And one last thing, I am getting sick to f*ck of them maiming so many main characters. By the end of it we will only have cyborgs.

I have a feeling MGS is the pre-cursor to the Zone of Enders series.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:08 AM Edited by Daz, 29 June 2013 - 01:51 PM.

The whole Raiden thing, in two separate occasions in MGS4 was f*cking awful, and the fact they take Big Boss' arm for no f*cking reason. Just to have some trippy scene, and now they have some fake technology and seeing as it is a video game, they are just like " f*ck it, chop them up for the sake of plot " f*cking lame sh*t if you ask me.

Especially as how all these f*ckers are going to get cyborg parts over 20 years before ocelot loses his hand which he could have just gone cyborg at that point, which I think would have been way better than the whole liquid arm bullsh*t.

One other thing, I remember reading that Liquid's hair only went blonde because of exposure during the gulf war, but I cannot find this information anywhere, It is not even in the unconfirmed history. So I was wondering if they just retconned alot of that other sh*t if Eli is liquid.

I guess the age fits, he would be 12 in normal human years by the time of MGS5 so it fits in, and apparently he joined the SAS at 18 and is said he had enough combat experience by age 13, sounds about right.

Though the Gray Fox theory is pretty obviously not true, I do think he will not only make an appearance but even be part of plot twists. Some of the things mentioned could be true. Kiefer voicing two characters, the only explanation would be it is an hallucination, but it would be awesome if it was not, and there WAS a decoy of some sort, maybe not that you play as him but it does exist in some form, explaining the reasons behind big bosses insane behaviour and criminal acts.

Either way, super excited to hear more details.

Also this:

http://www.joystiq.c...ear-solid-again

And this:

http://www.eurogamer...h-mgs5-at-60fps

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 29 June 2013 - 04:37 PM.

You can choose who lives or dies?

Metal Gear Solid Vís story will adapt to the choices of the player. In an interview Kojima shed some light on how the freedom in the game works.

The player can play missions, serving as kind of episodes in the story, in the order he wants, and the story will adapt naturally to that. Within these episodes, choices can be made. At certain moments, the player will be able to decide between life and death for certain characters, and what follows depends on his actions. But, oping this system they need to be careful not to create time paradoxes in the story, since there are games before and after this one and the story needs to stay coherent to the overall storyline.

The E3 trailer focused mainly on ways for Snake to move through the environment, but there will also be plenty of new gadgets and items in the game that Snake can use during his missions. He will have to use them if he wants to become even better.

The themes of race and vengeance are at the heart of the game. Kojima has been discussing child soldiers since MGS2, but this time he wanted to go further. He doesnít ask himself if these topics are taboo, because they are part of the story, so he has to talk about it. With PS4 and Xbox One, he can advance the story and better convey his messages. He hopes that there is a place for games with topics such as these.

Kojima always creates installments in the series with the idea that it will be the last one, and he closes of the story arc of the character, whether itís about Solid Snake or Big Boss. He has been saying that it will be his last game for a while, but it seems that he canít abandon Metal Gear. But even if he did, he will be certain Konami will continue the series.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

Multiple choices gives a game replay value. I'm happy and surprised MGS has gone this way.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

The whole multiple choices thing sounds sketchy everytime i hear it, but knowing konami they might just pull it off in ways other titles never have.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 17:10)
The whole multiple choices thing sounds sketchy everytime i hear it, but knowing konami they might just pull it off in ways other titles never have.

This sounds sh*tty to me.

The Metal Gear Solid series has meant alot to me and it is the only set of games I truely care about the plot and what happens.

Allowing users to choose who lives or dies seems god damn moronic. Even if it was restricted to simply pointless background characters, why even bother in the first place.

I want a 100% fixed storyline because this is meant to be the missing piece in what I want to know about the early days before the first metal gear games. You should not have this choice because each game is a direct sequel or prequel, Metal Gear Solid games do not pretty much start over fresh with a new story like Mass Effect or Assassins Creed games can do.

Personally I think this is a giant mistake. Unless it only relates to combat buddies much like from Peace Walker, but in this case, what is the point?

Because I will just not want anyone to die and where is the fun in that. It is meant to take you on a journey not ask you to write the story for them.

f*ck that sh*t.

As I said before, gameplay looks so f*cking amazing but I seriously worry when it comes to the route they are taking the story.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Ever heard of choosable two endings in MGS1?

You don't even know what kind of storyline choices they're gonna implement in MGSV, and you already call it a 'giant' mistake. I suggest you should take your head out of your ass.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 14:22)

You don't even know what kind of storyline choices they're gonna implement in MGSV, and you already call it a 'giant' mistake. I suggest you should take your head out of your ass.

Just ignore Daz. Everyone else already does.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 12:26)
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 14:22)

Just ignore Daz. Everyone else already does.

Well thanks for that.

The choosable ending in MGS1 was different because it was the first game of it's kind, in which they had no current plans of expanding afterwards.

Besides, the choice is redundant because Meryl re-emerges in MGS4 so any choice made there is completely pointless, so why bother.

It was only a test of your button tapping skills that resulted in it anyway.

I want to know what happens as it is intended, not by choices. I would rather have choice with my gameplay and how I approach the game not the plot itself, because something has to be written on the wikia, there needs to be facts upon what happened and what has not. Therefore the only choice would have to be those that have little to no importance whatsoever.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

"Konami has released a video interview with Metal Gear Solid 5 art director Yoji Shinkawa.

In the short video, published below, Shinkawa talks about his favourite characters in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain past and present, as well as the character designs he's most proud of.

From CVG ( Computer & Video Games )

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Poor interview.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 07:08)
One other thing, I remember reading that Liquid's hair only went blonde because of exposure during the gulf war, but I cannot find this information anywhere,

Dude, Liquid is blonde because he received all of Big Boss's recessive genes, whereas Solid Snake received the dominant ones. Do you not remember Liquid's long, resentful speech from MGS1?

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 17:33)
One other thing, I remember reading that Liquid's hair only went blonde because of exposure during the gulf war, but I cannot find this information anywhere,

Dude, Liquid is blonde because he received all of Big Boss's recessive genes, whereas Solid Snake received the dominant ones. Do you not remember Liquid's long, resentful speech from MGS1?

Well you do know that is incorrect information and Solid Snake has the recessive genes, right?

Besides, I remember reading it somewhere, I know it was either additional bio for MGS1 or "unconfirmed history" that could be retconned. So I am not saying it is going to be 100% true, it is only interesting because it will depend on if Kojima decides to use the information as fact or just totally change it.

It also says Liquid was raised in England and is probably why it says he joined the SAS as the youngest ever person at 18. So in theory by past information he should have an english accent. But they could also swing it that he is a master of deception and disguise, like when he took out Miller in MGS1.

I want to know who this skullface git is. Pretty unimaginative name so I hope it is just a slight nickname. I keep wanting to see more of Decoy Octopus, we never really knew anything about him and there is only small bits of bio that is only unconfirmed. Said to be middle-aged in MGS1, but they could just make him much older, as it does say he shaved down his nose and cut off his ears to easily disguise himself better. It would be cool if they were the same person but I doubt it.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 06:39)
QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 17:33)

Well you do know that is incorrect information and Solid Snake has the recessive genes, right?

Explain...?

Blonde hair is inherently recessive in human genetics, so how could Liquid possibly be the expression of Big Boss's dominant alleles, and Solid the expression of his recessive alleles?

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

It was revealed at the end of the game that Solid Snake had the Inferior Genes and Liquid Snake had the Dominant Genes.

Nine months later, EVA gave birth to the so-called "Twin Snakes": the clone considered to be genetically "superior" would later be known as Liquid Snake, while the "inferior" clone, David, would be known as Solid Snake.[5]

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ī-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 23:10)
Blonde hair is inherently recessive in human genetics, so how could Liquid possibly be the expression of Big Boss's dominant alleles, and Solid the expression of his recessive alleles?

That is true, but let's keep in mind that MGS has had a shoddy view of actual genetics and biology, despite its thorough philosophical examination of genes. I'm willing to let this go, though, since nearly every other aspect of the series is f*cking rad.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

I am sure it was something to do with the Gulf War Syndrome and passing it off as being exposed to depleted uranium shells and serin injections. But I cant find the souce and if it was actually linked to that or not.

But let's face it, at this point they can alter the genes however they like, they purposely made liquid and solid better than normal humans, something like "They can recover from an injury which would be fatal to a normal person" of some sort.

So in this universe none of that matters. Besides who says he didnt dye his hair or was wearing a wig.

I really wonder if we will get to see Solidus and being more of a central character seeing as his aging rate is faster. Would have prefered if the blonde kid was raiden but we may see him somewhere else along the lines. Still no mention of Amanda or Strangelove in the storyline. Seems kind of weird.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:32 AM Edited by Otter, 03 July 2013 - 07:59 AM.

I seem to remember Solid being blonde at the beginning of MGS1 (in the briefingtapes) as well, and Naomi said something about having to dye and cut his hair to differentiate him from Liquid - or, "the terrorist leader".

But on the same token, I thought FoxDIE (foxdye? tounge.gif) had something to do with the blonde hair and other symptoms.
To say nothing pf that fact that we're dealing with men who dabble in subterfuge.

Anyhow, like others have said, they're not clones per se. So the point is moot. It must be, if Daz is going apesh*t over it. tounge.gif

Edit:

...they are twins after all. Maybe they were both really into Point Break?

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:05 PM Edited by Waldie, 03 July 2013 - 12:07 PM.

I always figured that was just the lighting that made him look blonde in the briefing. Solid Snake has always had brown hair ever since the old Kyle Reese days of Metal Gear (unless you count some of the concept art).

I don't think there's much point in trying to figure out why Liquid is blonde. He just is because Kojima wanted to distinguish him from Solid.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 06 September 2013 - 07:25 PM.

q01_6x9.jpg
q02_6x9.jpg
q03_6x9.jpg
q04_6x9.jpg
q05_6x9.jpg
  • Typhus likes this

Sakuya
  • Sakuya

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

That outfit is completely inappropriate for desert warfare, but I'm not complaining.

• Lazyboy. likes this

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ī-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:07 PM Edited by Adler, 06 September 2013 - 09:24 PM.

That outfit is completely inappropriate for desert warfare, but I'm not complaining.

Serious game with bikini babes. I dig, I dig.

EDIT: I've just heard that there will be no rations or exclamation marks on soldiers' heads when they are alerted. Is this true? Because this I cannot agree with.

• Tyler and AceRay like this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

I don't mind... Kojima you devil you! Thank you aswell :p

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

I like Kojima. I think he's one of the good guys in the industry for his innovation and forward thinking, but the character design of Quiet hints to me that he's losing it.

Ok yeah, there's always been a slight over sexualisation of female characters in the Metal Gear series, and I suppose you can say the same for some male characters i.e. Raiden in Sons of Liberty. However, I get the feeling now that Kojima has made this character so overly sexual (lack of clothing, large breasts, attractive) that it's an attempt at covering up what I expect will be poor character development. Now this is really nothing more than a feeling but I can't see why else Quiet would present herself in such a way. 

• AceRay likes this

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

The fact that Eva pranced around with cleavage that went to her belly button doesn't mean she was any less thought out than the other characters of MGS3, so why would Quiet's attire have any standing on her own character? I mean, I agree that the outfit is way too sexualized -- I actually think it looks pretty horrible all things considered, but I doubt she'll be a one-dimensional character because of it. If Kojima gets anything right it's the ability to make empathetic and interesting characters. 

• AceRay likes this

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

Ok fair point but as I said, it's only a feeling and I could be completely wrong (hopefully I am). 

karaokequeen3
  • karaokequeen3

O.A.P.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Serious game with bikini babes. I dig, I dig.

EDIT: I've just heard that there will be no rations or exclamation marks on soldiers' heads when they are alerted. Is this true? Because this I cannot agree with.

It's moving towards Splinter Cell: Conviction in some ways actually. Think there's something of a 'Mark + Execute' mechanic in this game. Plus partial health regeneration, which I'm not so sure about. (You could put an argument that Big Boss' cloned offspring could have had regen abilities built in and still be plausible. BB, not so much!)

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

http://kotaku.com/th...t-it-1270166313

Well it seems I made a judgement far too quickly but there's nothing wrong with idle speculation anyway.

It appears that Quiet will be a social commentary on the objectification of women in fighting games. I guess her name makes sense now. 

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

STOP PLAYING WITH US KOJIMA f*ck... YOU GODDAMN PRICK. He really f*cking plays with everyone... sly motherf*cker.

Just read the tweets from the article. Well yeah he sure knows how to build hype/sensation/commotion. Really curious... going to get the Saga collection the 13th. V is coming out aswell... f*ck me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users