Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

613 replies to this topic
Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

I love that Kojima wants to create a game which I have always been begging for. I hate my control taken away due to cutscenes and set events. And I ALWAYS wanted some sort of mission creator or randomized generator for open world games but never got it.

On the other hand what makes MGS games great IS those cutscenes, Metal Gear Solid games are the only game series in history that I ever truely cared about and meant anything important to me that I carry with me into my real life not just in terms of good for videogames. It is important to me because the storytelling is better than even tv and movies, nothing else compares.

So in that light I don't quite know how it will pan out. I hope we will get alot more codec dialog whilst still retaining control of our character, so our gameplay is not interrupted. Though I really would miss alot of those good cutscenes.

I would hope to think Kojima would retain those really memorable cutscenes and only remove the ones that are not important to story, such as showing snake climb obstacles or use his codec etc. Things that will now no longer require a cutscene as it will be generated ingame. That is my hope.

So right now I can't say much for how he wants to take the story, I don't know if it is what I want from the next metal gear. Though at least I know the visuals and gameplay will be god damn epic, and in the end that is all that matters most of the time.

It is just worrying because I care about this story like a child of mine, I want to see it do more. I don't want it to change and be all awful like MGS4 felt to me.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 20:06)
QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 19:49)
How does GTA have user generated levels?

Not user generated levels, but user generated missions.

Whaaat?

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 12:30)
QUOTE (AreXi @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 20:06)
QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 19:49)
How does GTA have user generated levels?

Not user generated levels, but user generated missions.

Whaaat?

Should have clarified: MGS V will have user generated missions, not GTA V. A bit of a derp moment for me.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by Wheatley, 17 June 2013 - 06:43 PM.

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:42)
Hey, I've never played any Metal Gear series game, but the demo of this one has left me intrigued. As a Cold War theme fan, the setting of the game (Soviet-Afghan war 1980s) really interests me. By other hand, the soviet soldiers and their units (excepting that striker look alike tank that looked outta place) look pretty reallistic. However, do the real military take a big role in the MG series or is more oriented into Sci-fi elements?
I've also heard that if you don't play the whole series you don't understand what's going on, anyway, summed up, the main character is a CIA agent who fights against some kind of evi, organization, right?

Sorry if the questions sound stupid for you guys, but for the moment I'm just overviewing the game smile.gif

If you have the time then you can read the entire story on the Metal Gear Wiki or play the games. But, here is the gist of it.

The first game in the series canonically is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater which sees you play as a CIA agent called John, titled "Naked Snake". The story takes place during the Cold War and sees Naked Snake trying to uncover a conspiracy centering on Nuclear Warheads.

Next, is Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker which takes place after Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (Spin off) that sees Naked Snake now "Big Boss" establishing Outer Heaven (Outer Heaven refers to a number of concepts that all pertain to Big Boss's dream, which involved ending the abuse and exploitation of soldiers by the world's governments, based on his interpretation of The Boss's will) with his close friend and ally Kaz Miller.

Now, it takes to Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. We currently don't know much information on this but I'm sure more will gather in the future. So far, we know that there is this Organization called XOF (FOX unit backwards) that goes out to destroy one of Big Boss' bases as seen in the trailer.

Following this is Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain which takes place 9 years after Big Boss fell into a coma (possibly defending his base from XOF's attack) and this is where Big Boss goes from "Legend" to "Villain" as he goes to Afghanistan to get back Kaz who has been kidnapped by an unknown organisation.

Moreover, after Metal Gear Solid V is Metal Gear. The game's premise revolves around a special forces operative codenamed Solid Snake who carries out a one-man sneaking mission into the hostile nation of Outer Heaven to destroy Metal Gear, a bipedal walking tank capable of launching nuclear missiles from anywhere in the world. He encounters Frank Jaeger.

The sequel Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. In the game, Solid Snake must infiltrate Zanzibar Land, a heavily defended territory located in Central Asia to rescue a kidnapped scientist and destroy the revised Metal Gear D.

Many years later, Metal Gear Solid was released on the PS1. With the safety of the entire world at stake, at the request of the Secretary of Defense, Colonel Roy Campbell, the former commander of FOXHOUND, summoned Solid Snake out of retirement for one last solo covert operation to stop Liquid on Shadow Moses Island.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was released in 2001 for the PS2 that followed up on the new 3D era of Metal Gear games. Two years after the Shadow Moses Incident, Solid Snake and Otacon, working as Philanthropy, receive intelligence of a new type of Metal Gear being transported through the Hudson River. As Snake boards the tanker, it's seized by a group of Russian mercenaries led by Revolver Ocelot, intent on stealing the new Metal Gear.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the last Metal Gear game to star Solid Snake. In 2014, the world is in chaos, the "war economy" plunging the world into never-ending battle. This fuels the need for private military companies, the five largest of which (together rivaling the power of the entire United States Army) are owned by a single mother company, Outer Heaven, with Liquid Ocelot at the helm. Liquid Ocelot, a fusion of the consciousness of Liquid Snake and the body of Revolver Ocelot, is once again set on world domination and Solid Snake, now suffering advanced accelerated aging and under the codename of "Old Snake", is dispatched as a personal favor to Roy Campbell to assassinate him.

That's pretty much it. I've tried to avoid any major spoilers I could so you can go ahead and play these amazing games and experience them for yourself. I've not included Revengeance because even though it takes place 4 years after MGS4, it drops the Tactical Espionage Action mechanic and moved in favor of a more "Bayonetta" style gameplay.

For explaining the difference between "Naked Snake" and "Solid Snake". After Naked Snake was promoted to Big Boss, the US Government wanted to produce clones who could inherit the same skills that Big Boss uses (He was classed as the ultimate soldier). They opened "Les Enfants Terribles" following this. Of the eight embryos created from the fertilized egg, six were intentionally aborted, to promote stronger growth in the remaining two. In 1972, EVA gave birth to two male babies. One of which is Solid Snake and the other is Liquid Snake.

-Wheatley

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

It seems to be that quite a few people have skipped over the series or have only played bits and pieces.

I obviously would urge anyone to play all of the games and in order of their release, but trying to get someone to play MGS1 at this point isn't really achievable, the twin snakes version pissed over quite alot of the game but you can still get the jist of the game from it.

MGS2 is 12 years old and still holds up amazingly, I wouldn't be able to say it has amazing controls because it doesn't but you can get used to them.

MGS3 by far my favorite, and probably the best choice for someone to pick up and play for at least just to get an idea of how big boss' importance is key in the franchise. It also has oldschool controls but if you get this in the MGS HD collection then it will be the updated version with full camera control, so this version is more easier to play than the others.

Personally I wouldn't bother with peace walker, being a PSP port it doesn't offer a whole lot and most of the game is very weird compared to the others, besides, most of the storyline can be found in the briefing files which are just audio tapes in the menu, I am sure you could youtube these instead.

So my advice, if you have the ability, play them all, and at least finish them. Or at the very least play MGS3, the cold war, jungle themed sneaking mission is just top notch. Vietnam era weaponry and pure bad assery.

What I love about the series at least from MGS 1,2 & 3 is that you are a lone soldier who infiltrates an enemy controlled base with limited equipment generally to destroy a metal gear vehicle.

There is something about that solo infiltration that I love, and leaves the game world fully open to any possibilities to ensue and you just feel caught in the middle of it all.

I felt that every metal gear based game after 3 was just a mess. Despite my feelings for how I expect this upcoming story to dissapoint me. I believe the gameplay will more than make up for it, hopefully will bring more people into the MGS world that have been absent since MGS1.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 13:24)
It seems to be that quite a few people have skipped over the series or have only played bits and pieces.

I obviously would urge anyone to play all of the games and in order of their release, but trying to get someone to play MGS1 at this point isn't really achievable, the twin snakes version pissed over quite alot of the game but you can still get the jist of the game from it.

MGS2 is 12 years old and still holds up amazingly, I wouldn't be able to say it has amazing controls because it doesn't but you can get used to them.

MGS3 by far my favorite, and probably the best choice for someone to pick up and play for at least just to get an idea of how big boss' importance is key in the franchise. It also has oldschool controls but if you get this in the MGS HD collection then it will be the updated version with full camera control, so this version is more easier to play than the others.

Personally I wouldn't bother with peace walker, being a PSP port it doesn't offer a whole lot and most of the game is very weird compared to the others, besides, most of the storyline can be found in the briefing files which are just audio tapes in the menu, I am sure you could youtube these instead.

So my advice, if you have the ability, play them all, and at least finish them. Or at the very least play MGS3, the cold war, jungle themed sneaking mission is just top notch. Vietnam era weaponry and pure bad assery.

What I love about the series at least from MGS 1,2 & 3 is that you are a lone soldier who infiltrates an enemy controlled base with limited equipment generally to destroy a metal gear vehicle.

There is something about that solo infiltration that I love, and leaves the game world fully open to any possibilities to ensue and you just feel caught in the middle of it all.

I felt that every metal gear based game after 3 was just a mess. Despite my feelings for how I expect this upcoming story to dissapoint me. I believe the gameplay will more than make up for it, hopefully will bring more people into the MGS world that have been absent since MGS1.

it is really so hard to play a ps1 game?

a couple of summers ago, I decided to play the Whole series, from MGS1 to 4. I played MGS3 a year or two earlier, but I skipped all the cut-scenes ...so in term of storyline, MGS1, two years ago, was my real first MGS game... and I LOVED it.

It was mind-blowing. After a couple of hours, I didn't care about the graphic, or the faceless characters... the atmosphere was incredible, the cut-scenes were great (and not the longer mess they were in other games), and the story was amazing. Not knowing the 4th wall-breaking nature of the MGS series, psycho mantis was a great surprise, and the Liquid gambit (while maybe predictable for someone not involved in the storyline) was a shocking moment. It had its akwards moments and stupid writing like every other MGS, but... Well, ok, I'll stop with the praise. Let me just say it was one of the last game I falled in love with (like GTAbefore it)

MGS 2... I already knew the Whole plot twist. I was a little bit sad to play with the original snake for the last time, but I was ready to give Raiden a try...it didn't worked at all. I have read a lot about the strange nature of the game, about the meanings, the post-modernism... but at the end of the day, i was bored to death. I just wasn't interested in all the "illuminati"...pardon, "patriot" crap, and just the shocking twist at the end was mildly interesting (they are all dead... and that's not even true, after mgs4). I still do NOT understant why the game wasted a lot of opportunity for a great storyline. I can understand raiden. I can understand the patriot. I can even understand the post-modernism, if you want... but wasting the perfect fight between the three snakes (or even just the fight between snake and RAY with liquid ocelot in it) was a BIG missed opportunity.

MGS 3... I just quote what you said. it's my favourite, tied with MGS1

MGS4... just bad things to say about it.

all of this to say one thing... I really don't know what to expect from MGS5. I want a self contained experience that can be enjoy by anyone, with powerful moments and an incredible storyline... but watching the cyborg/one-horn/not-hayer big boss, I don't think it will be the way I want.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hideo Kojima's epic.
user posted image
Is 49.... looks 25.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

The title of this video might sound like some "another" ridiculous theory, but watch it. Aside from David Hayter making a return, which I believe won't happen anymore, everything else is very accurate.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

^ And I thought the premise was already complicated. So Gray Fox possibly had plastic surgery or wears some kind of mask to play Big Boss? But he didn't lose his left arm, did he? When Snake is sitting on the horse, you can see his left arm is a prosthetic.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 18:35)
^ And I thought the premise was already complicated. So Gray Fox possibly had plastic surgery or wears some kind of mask to play Big Boss? But he didn't lose his left arm, did he? When Snake is sitting on the horse, you can see his left arm is a prosthetic.

There are so many holes in that theory that you might as well just throw it out of the window and forget you ever saw it.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Can someone please PM me the story up until MGSV: PP? Please! I hate to read wikis and yeah. If you find the free time or something, it'd be appreciated.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:35)

The same can be said about Big Boss, though. Never before in the series did we know that he had a prosthetic arm, so perhaps this could apply to Gray Fox as well. In all honesty, with the way MGS stories tend to be convoluted as hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this theory turned out to be true.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 17:12)
QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:35)

The same can be said about Big Boss, though. Never before in the series did we know that he had a prosthetic arm, so perhaps this could apply to Gray Fox as well. In all honesty, with the way MGS stories tend to be convoluted as hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this theory turned out to be true.

The thing is that Big Boss wore gloves at the end of MGS4 so you couldn't see his hands unless he upgraded his prosthetic hand to be more like Raidens.

-Wheatley

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 17:08)
Can someone please PM me the story up until MGSV: PP? Please! I hate to read wikis and yeah. If you find the free time or something, it'd be appreciated.

I don't think anyone in their right mind is going to that for you unless you were offering some sort of payment - the story is far too long and complex for that.

If you're genuinely interested, play the games. They're worth it.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Waldie @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:26)

I don't think anyone in their right mind is going to that for you unless you were offering some sort of payment - the story is far too long and complex for that.

Wheatley did, nice of him.

I don't own a gaming console, so there's no way to play them.

Thanks Wheatley.

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Man, that Gray Fox theory is actually really plausible. I love how hyped I am for this game. The possibilities of where the story can go are huge, and the gameplay and setting look solid as can be. Really can't wait.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

In Hideo Kojima’s most recent Famitsu interview about his upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, he discusses the main heroine of the game, Quiet. When the interviewer asked Kojima-san about her importance in Metal Gear Solid V and about her motion capture actress Stephanie Joosten he answered:

In the game, Quiet is the main heroine. Whether she is friend or foe has yet to be revealed so I had to be careful when casting her role. MGS normally has old timers and old guys (laughs). Stefanie is very skilled in action but since she never held that type of gun, we asked her do some training at home.

Kojima-san also provided a few more details in a separate interview on 4gamer:

With Stefanie, we had to make sure to focus her 3D motion on capturing her facial and body language and not her voice, since Quiet does not speak. She does make small sounds like “ugh” and “ah” though.

I can imagine that some people will cry foul over the idea of a main female protagonist having no real speaking lines. The popular archetype of “strong and silent” has, without a doubt, been prominently a male role, which is most likely because writers fear that while a man can still have a strong presence without speaking, a woman playing that same role would be seen as “sexist.”

I believe, however, that this assertion is actually the sexist one. Women are not required to constantly speak and the idea that a woman has to talk a lot to be a proper female is quite offensive. It’s refreshing to see a strong female character that is both capable on the field and capable of expressing herself and communicating with others without a single line of dialogue.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

Those Japs must have the world's biggest surplus for f*cks, what with how few they give.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

is it possible that the whole gameplay was actually CG? cause at the end it shows the name of the "CG Art Director"
Dont know exactly what that means

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 13:30)
is it possible that the whole gameplay was actually CG?

No.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 05:53)
QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 13:30)
is it possible that the whole gameplay was actually CG?

No.

Yeah c'mon who does that? That would be false advertising... *cough Aliens Colonial Marines *cough

But no, it's not possible that Kojima would ever do that.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:30 PM Edited by Wheatley, 20 June 2013 - 05:33 PM.

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 18:37)
QUOTE (Waldie @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:26)

Wheatley did, nice of him.

I don't own a gaming console, so there's no way to play them.

Thanks Wheatley.

No problem, mate. I did some quick research and it seems that both Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 are available on PC on Amazon for really cheap so I suppose you could start there if you want to.

The Grey Fox theory isn't really probable in any sense:

You can watch this video for more clarification, there a lot of points to cover.

-Wheatley

Shiggys
  • Shiggys

Biggu Bossu

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

I just want to quickly say this:

Thank you to those who have been keeping this thread above water by posting news updates and adding in your own speculation.

This is good, isn't it?

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:08 AM Edited by Zancudo, 22 June 2013 - 09:13 AM.

QUOTE (Shiggys @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 05:39)

Thank you to those who have been keeping this thread above water by posting news updates and adding in your own speculation.

This is good, isn't it?

Hell yeah, man!

As for the news, Sean Eyestone said that 6 hours in real life translates for 24 hours in the game. In the comparison, 48 minutes in real life is 24 hours in GTA IV. And, according to him, the online mode in MGSV will "blend" with singleplayer campaign. Sounds like the next-gen is focusing hard on open-world structure and combining singleplayer with the online features... I love that, honestly!

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

TL;DW @ The Youtube Video of "Frank Yaeger/Grey Fox" theory. Must be hella retarded for anyone to think it'd fit in the timeline of MGS5/Ground Zeroes/Phantom pain/MAKEUPYOURDAMNMINDHIDEO.

I only almost finished MGS1 myself for the first time, I completed MGS4 (and still have to play all the rest though read up most parts of it/graphic novel). Frank Yaeger is from MG1/MG2 and obviously MGS... learn about his history ffs

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 09:08)
QUOTE (Shiggys @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 05:39)

This is good, isn't it?

Hell yeah, man!

As for the news, Sean Eyestone said that 6 hours in real life translates for 24 hours in the game. In the comparison, 48 minutes in real life is 24 hours in GTA IV. And, according to him, the online mode in MGSV will "blend" with singleplayer campaign. Sounds like the next-gen is focusing hard on open-world structure and combining singleplayer with the online features... I love that, honestly!

What if they did the MP like Watch Dogs? Lets say that when someone joins my "singleplayer" game they will start to control an enemy that Snake has to kill. That would make it really challenging for players trying to distinguish which is AI and which is a real player.

-Wheatley

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:48 PM Edited by flitcroft101, 23 June 2013 - 09:00 PM.

I'm not sure why people are so fixed on saying Punished Snake is not Big Boss. We know Big Boss creates Outer Haven and does bad things in his quest to f*ck the Patriots so why can people not accept it? I'm dead certain this game is going to show that despite Big Boss doing bad things; he's still not the bad guy.. it's just perspective. It looks like they're setting up Kaz to be the bigger demon of the two.

The trailer showed torture scenes, ocelot, no big surprise but the next guy is supposed to shock us hence the music fade and we are shown Kaz in his Diamond Dogs beret looking mighty serious as he watches the torture, he doesn't bat an eye and he doesn't show regret. It fits with his speech in the trailer, Kaz has lost major parts of his body and he's been sitting in a camp as a prisoner for a long time, on top of Mother Base being completely destroyed and the rest of the events that have f*cked him over. You give a man who lost everything enough time to think about what has happened and he will change character too.

Big Boss has been f*cked the most of all yet he sounds tired, Big Boss always struck me as a character that despite being f*cked, he generally accepted but soldiered on simply because he had nothing else for his life.

Kaz is going to be the biggest change in this game.. mark my words.

As for Eli.. rearrange the word to Lie.. i'm confident it's Liquid Snake, Quiet could possibly be Sniper Wolf (yes I realise she's a kurd but Kojima is known to change things despite them not lining up)

"but then... he appeared... my hero, Saladin"

"Saladin.. you mean Big Boss?"

edit:

Another thing that annoys me is that people think Big Boss has a piece of shrapnel in his head that turns him evil... my f*cking god monocle.gif i'm fairly sure the horn is a metaphor and it's not actually there, by the end he will probably have two.

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:48)
I'm not sure why people are so fixed on saying Punished Snake is not Big Boss. We know Big Boss creates Outer Haven and does bad things in his quest to f*ck the Patriots so why can people not accept it? I'm dead certain this game is going to show that despite Big Boss doing bad things; he's still not the bad guy.. it's just perspective. It looks like they're setting up Kaz to be the bigger demon of the two.

The trailer showed torture scenes, ocelot, no big surprise but the next guy is supposed to shock us hence the music fade and we are shown Kaz in his Diamond Dogs beret looking mighty serious as he watches the torture, he doesn't bat an eye and he doesn't show regret. It fits with his speech in the trailer, Kaz has lost major parts of his body and he's been sitting in a camp as a prisoner for a long time, on top of Mother Base being completely destroyed and the rest of the events that have f*cked him over. You give a man who lost everything enough time to think about what has happened and he will change character too.

Big Boss has been f*cked the most of all yet he sounds tired, Big Boss always struck me as a character that despite being f*cked, he generally accepted but soldiered on simply because he had nothing else for his life.

Kaz is going to be the biggest change in this game.. mark my words.

As for Eli.. rearrange the word to Lie.. i'm confident it's Liquid Snake, Quiet could possibly be Sniper Wolf (yes I realise she's a kurd but Kojima is known to change things despite them not lining up)

"but then... he appeared... my hero, Saladin"

"Saladin.. you mean Big Boss?"

edit:

Another thing that annoys me is that people think Big Boss has a piece of shrapnel in his head that turns him evil... my f*cking god monocle.gif i'm fairly sure the horn is a metaphor and it's not actually there, by the end he will probably have two.

I honestly don't think quiet is anything related to sniper wolf, she's too old, and looks completely different,
And the horn IS shrapnel and bone too, confirmed by kojima himself if Ircc. So it is real, but I agree it does represent BB'stransformation.

Agree with everything else however, this whole grey fox is bb stuff is going around, im just dumbfounded by.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:33 PM Edited by Daz, 24 June 2013 - 01:01 PM.

What is crazy about all this is that saying it is Gray fox and not big boss, you could pretty much give just as good arguement for it being Solidus Snake.

Waking up in hospital, looking the same also with the accelerated age rate. The fact he is in the 80s training child soldiers and is a villain.

I mean hell, even the transition from PS2 to PS3 everyone looked COMPLETELY different. Even the young snake mask looked f*ck all like snake.

But who knows, I love the idea of it though, proper plot twist to f*ck with your mind.

I don't like that sh*t in big boss' head, really bugs me. I hope we don't have to put up with that for long, as obviously he doesnt have it later in life.

I initially also thought they were going for a sniper wolf route with quiet. But yeah, not the right nationality and location. But the fact she doesnt speak they could weave it in to be the same character but I think that would be too obvious.

I am still a bit worried it will be just another MGS4 styled plot, but at least I know the gameplay looks awesome. Not too keen on the idea of the time of day thing that you cannot change. I hope it is not fixed to your timezone because I only play games during the night and I want to make sure I play the game in 70% of the time at day time.

And one last thing, I am getting sick to f*ck of them maiming so many main characters. By the end of it we will only have cyborgs.

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 06:33)
By the end of it we will only have cyborgs.

That's just the natural progression of everything, man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users