Photo

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

510 replies to this topic
deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• The Yardies

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

man, that trailer was all sorts of crazy. I cannot wait to play this game on the ps4.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 10:42)
wait, who was that overlooking huey's torture?

Campbell?

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Adler @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 19:14)
QUOTE (deathdealer @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 10:42)
wait, who was that overlooking huey's torture?

Campbell?

Hard to tell, but that was my first thought. Could be Miller, but his face seems different.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:55)
man, that trailer was all sorts of crazy. I cannot wait to play this game on the ps4.

Is it confirmed to be coming on the PS4 , source please

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:55)

In the trailer:
PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:49)
It would appear Big Boss didn't murder Chico. I guess Big Boss is trying to prevent Chico from dying (cyanide pill?)

I thought that was obvious to be honest. He couldn't have been choking Chico in yesterdays trailer because that's not quite how you choke somone i'd imagine.

Also, WTF 9 minute long trailer? I still haven't watched it i think i'm going to cream all over everything.

You're the greatest kojima san!

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 21:27)
QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:49)
It would appear Big Boss didn't murder Chico. I guess Big Boss is trying to prevent Chico from dying (cyanide pill?)

I thought that was obvious to be honest. He couldn't have been choking Chico in yesterdays trailer because that's not quite how you choke somone i'd imagine.

Also, WTF 9 minute long trailer? I still haven't watched it i think i'm going to cream all over everything.

You're the greatest kojima san!

Only 2 minutes are new, the rest is the same.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 07:40)
QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:07)
I don't want some stupid unrealistic bullsh*t.

Yes, we all know that MGS is truly the first word in realism, especially with the bosses who can control hornets, turn into giant flaming heads or have snake tongues.

Well it has been a while and what I believe is that things are intended to be psychological as well as the fact they were meant to have technology and genetic powers that can generate such effects. But MGS4 was just I don't know it was just too weird, too japanesey. It didn't feel like metal gear AT ALL, I don't know if it was just the graphical leap, but for me at least ALOT of what metal gear stands for is the long as f*ck codec conversations and reveals of massive plot points during those sections.

All that was lost in MGS4 and even PW though the briefing files had some good content.

I am still excited for it, I just don't want any of the lame sh*t that MGS4 had.

You can suspend your disbelief for some things, but mostly plot points that just are stupid and don't really make a lot of sense because kojima trying to rewrite what he realizes he already f*cked up.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

I know what you mean about MGS4. It just doesn't feel right, it feels like some third party studio shat all over the series; I still don't understand how Kojima could sit there and be happy with the end product.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 16:22)
I know what you mean about MGS4. It just doesn't feel right, it feels like some third party studio shat all over the series; I still don't understand how Kojima could sit there and be happy with the end product.

Well there's a few theories that went around saying that was exactly what he was aiming to do. It's up to you to figure out that one, though.

To me, Metal Gear Solid has always been a franchise where each game is connected not through linear story but the general ideas and characters Kojima is telling. Sure, you need to play all of them to get a whole "story," but after playing MGS2 (which is basically a nine-hour love letter to postmodernism) it should have been obvious that Kojima is not interested in telling anything but his own perspective on film, art, war and people in general. He's always been a little wonky about his approach to storytelling and has always pushed the limits in different ways. In Metal Gear 1 the dialogue was brief to the point of being jarring, and the gameplay was somehow a thrilling stealth action shooter despite it being made in 1987. In Metal Gear Solid 1, every bit of hardware was utilized from the memory cards to the controller to the back of the game box. Kojima ain't about that simple explanation where every character means what they say and the story exists in a vacuum independent of reality. Never has been.

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

who is this character?

user posted image

user posted image

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:33)
" but after playing MGS2 (which is basically a nine-hour love letter to postmodernism)

You're such a fag.

On topic: Still think Kojima is a bit of prick for bowing down to microsoft and not mentioning a PS4 version.

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (123-bob @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:46)
who is this character?

user posted image

user posted image

It's Miller, 100% sure.

this is now my most anticipated game. I shall pick up my ps4 along with this when it is released. A new mgs on a new console all in one go. HELL YES.

Sorry Gta5, you've been moved to 2nd place.

Any word on a release date?

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:01)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:55)

In the trailer:
PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC.

The trailer didn't even show anything related to systems , just at the end they showed casts

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

It's most probably kaz. He's missing an arm and his left leg is noticably thinner than his right.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:25)
The trailer didn't even show anything related to systems , just at the end they showed casts

This. I believe it's XboxOne and PS4. This is just a assumption though.

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 23:56)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:25)

This. I believe it's XboxOne and PS4. This is just a assumption though.

At the very end of the directors cut trailer, it says xbox 360, ps3, ps4 and xbox1

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

I love Keifer as the voice of Big Boss...but I still think Hayter is in this game, Eli is clearly Liquid and I'm sure we'll see Solid Snake in this game, maybe towards the end of the game, perhaps the game will progress a few years to see Soild Snake, imagine the fights between Big Boss and Solid Snake and hearing those voices shouting at each other biggrin.gif

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:15 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 12 June 2013 - 01:19 AM.

As much as I love Kiefer it's so hard trying to not imagine him as Jack Bauer with that voice. That's the only
problem I can see with the game. Bringing a well-known celebrity into a well established franchise. It's
too recognizable almost.

I'm sure I'll get used to it but it's gonna take a bit of time....

Also to me it feels so odd seeing this come to 4 different consoles....

Wish Sony would have paid to keep it an exclusive.
Times be a changing.... confused.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Moffat @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 01:09)
At the very end of the directors cut trailer, it says xbox 360, ps3, ps4 and xbox1

Well that was unexpected. One less reason to buy a next gen console just yet then. colgate.gif

Sakuya
  • Sakuya

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 16:39)
But MGS4 was just I don't know it was just too weird, too japanesey. It didn't feel like metal gear AT ALL, I don't know if it was just the graphical leap, but for me at least ALOT of what metal gear stands for is the long as f*ck codec conversations and reveals of massive plot points during those sections.

I get ya, but I still liked the game on it's own merits. It was almost a lite action game. With the Drebin store, it became way too easy to just run and gun it, but with a little self-control (or self-imposed ignorance, in my case) it stays semi-true to the stealth aspects.

The Sutherland thing also kind of bugs me, but I've noticed something...I don't know about you guys, but Snake just seems so strange to me in these trailers. Not in a 'weird' way, but like a stranger. The things you see him do, the way he is...it's just so alien to the Naked Snake I knew from Snake Eater. Perhaps the voice is supposed to highlight that? He almost seems like a new character. It may also just be because I've yet to play Peace Walker and it's jarring to see guys like Kaz that I never knew before and to see Snake buddying around with Ocelot. Either way, it's still f*cking retarded to go from a gruff voice like Hayter's to a smoother voice like Sutherland's. Makes absolutely no sense, but that doesn't seem to be a priority to Kojima...

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

I am impressed with the new footage of MGSV. The open world approach has so much potential for a tactical espionage gameplay as this was slightly demonstrated in the new trailer. Avoiding incoming soldiers by leaning to the left side of the horse, hiding at the back of a truck to infiltrate a well-guarded site. Sunlight disappeared and night has fallen down? time to use shadows for hiding. This may turn into a milestone in stealth-based games.

I will not talk about the beauty of the technical sides of the new footage, like the lighting and the heavy body animations because they clearly look well above what have seen in the current games. They look slick and great.

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 12:35)
I am impressed with the new footage of MGSV. The open world approach has so much potential for a tactical espionage gameplay as this was slightly demonstrated in the new trailer. Avoiding incoming soldiers by leaning to the left side of the horse, hiding at the back of a truck to infiltrate a well-guarded site. Sunlight disappeared and night has fallen down? time to use shadows for hiding. This may turn into a milestone in stealth-based games.

I will not talk about the beauty of the technical sides of the new footage, like the lighting and the heavy body animations because they clearly look well above what have seen in the current games. They look slick and great.

I'm starting to imagine if AGENT played out like that. It would be great!

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

Damn, I am sorry I just can't associate Kiefer's voice with Big Boss' face.

The two just don't attach themselves to eachother, I just see a silent big boss then hear Jack Bauer talking in my ear.

I knew a voice change was required but why it isn't the same voice as it was in MGS4 or at least a more calmer dignified voice is beyond me.

It just sounds all wrong, even miller doesnt sound right, it is only ocelot that sounds like he has the same voice actor.

It just f*cks me off, for once in gaming the story is important to me and it is just pissed all over.

It would be awesome if David Hayter could personally record his own dialog for the game after playing it and release an audio file to play instead of the original audio. Even if it was just in youtube only cutscene form.

Voice actors need to be extremely talented within their specific roles, they need to be able to create new voices and not just use their own voice, you need to not associate the voice with anyone else you know of. All the good voice actors for games are the ones that have been in at least 15 games you have played but have never noticed they were all the same person, that is the true mark of a good voice actor. I just don't think Kiefer fits whatsoever.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

as a MGS fan, I don't really have any complain about BB's voice. he is old and he has changed, everyone should have known that, it's not the same Naked Snake you used to know (thus "punished Snake" in the trailer), he is crueler and being an antagonist. Kiefer did a good job in the trailer so far, better than I expected truth be told.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

It just sounds all wrong, even miller doesnt sound right, it is only ocelot that sounds like he has the same voice actor.
I believe Miller has the same voice actor. He's just extremely angry in the latest trailer.

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (123-bob @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:29)
I love Keifer as the voice of Big Boss...but I still think Hayter is in this game, Eli is clearly Liquid and I'm sure we'll see Solid Snake in this game, maybe towards the end of the game, perhaps the game will progress a few years to see Soild Snake, imagine the fights between Big Boss and Solid Snake and hearing those voices shouting at each other biggrin.gif

Actually you know what would be great? If at the end the game shows Solid Snake becoming a Foxhound operative a few years later.

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by 123-bob, 12 June 2013 - 09:52 PM.

After watching the extended trailer, i really see what Kojima meant by a darker MGS, from the trailer alone it has some very distressing themes, i think we'll start to see Big Boss turn into the revenge crazed solider we've all heard about in previous MGS story lines, ive got a feeling that some will end up disliking what Big Boss does eventually turn into..

Also, Watching this after we have played MGS V will make it so much more deeper and epic, After MGS V and the following games continuing the story line to complete the MGS story circle, i feel this video will have such a huge sense of completion, cant wait to watch this in 5 years time to complete the MGS sage

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

I want to hate Big Boss. Seriously. I want to see him do things that will make me hate the ever living sh*t out of him.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (123-bob @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 23:46)
who is this character?

http://i842.photobuc...zps8383f38b.jpg

http://i842.photobuc...zps5ef694a3.jpg

http://imgur.com/KMlgnBF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users