Photo

Trevor's Id

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic
GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:38 AM Edited by GTA-King, 18 April 2013 - 04:30 PM.

user posted image

Trevor's Id.™

id. (noun): the part of the personality made up of unconscious energy that is focused on fulfilling urges and desires.

QUOTE (Dan Houser)
"Trevor was the other side of the GTA coin, I suppose. He's the person who's driven purely by desire, resentment, no thought for tomorrow whatsoever, completely id rather than ego-driven. Constant partying, constant madness. The only thing he doesn't want to do is stop. He wants to keep going and ride it all to the end. Won't take an insult from anybody. Kills without remorse, like a true psychopath, but very sentimental for the right reasons when it suits him. That seemed like another side of the kind of GTA coin or the GTA world, but very rarely as the protagonist. That seemed an interesting guy to have as a protagonist. Very unlike anyone we've had in a game before. If you began to develop him and Michael and their previous relationships... We wanted this feeling where you start off thinking one's good and the other's awful. Then you get spun the other way. Then you get spun back the first way, until you can't decide."

Where do I even begin with Trevor? Basically, Trevor is a leopard that has no desire to change his spots. Dan Houser said Trevor is a man driven by desire, resentment... no thought for tomorrow whatsoever. He lives completely in the moment. But, Dan also said Trevor will be sentimental in certain situations. That, in my opinion, could add a very interesting level of depth to his character. I mean, we got this straight up psychopath... and he's going to have some sentimental values? Too cool. Loyal as a dog, I'd bet! Although, the fact that Trevor fully embraces who he is, more like flaunts it, means it could turn out bad for him. Michael is fueled by ego, and Franklin by ambition. Trevor... well, he's fueled by Trevor. Most criminals like this become so confident in themselves they don't believe the party will ever stop. Here are some examples of these kind of men:

Early Grayce (Kalifornia)

Alexander "Tig" Trager (Sons of Anarchy)

*will post more later*

So how do YOU guys think Trevor's id. will work out for him?

Discuss. cool.gif

user posted image
CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=536622&hl=][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Harley374/gtakb1.gif[/IMG][/URL]

user posted image
CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=536901&hl=][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Harley374/gtakb2.gif[/IMG][/URL]

user posted image
CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=537003&hl=][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Harley374/gtakb3.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Crumplet
  • Crumplet

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Trevor is the character I've wanted for a very long time.

Takes no sh*t, will cut your throat if you cross him, will burn your house down if you betray him, however is still sentimental and has moral value and a sense of humanity, he's more middle-grounded between good and evil if you ask me, a good man when on your side, your worst nightmare on the other.

ROCKSTARR_IS_BEST
  • ROCKSTARR_IS_BEST

as-salamu alaykum

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

i think he will be able to fly planes before the other chars

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Another thoughtful topic. Keep them coming!

You're one of the few sensible members of the forum.

OnTopic: I dunno why, I always picture Trevor as a loyal guy.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Crumplet @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 07:53)

Takes no sh*t, will cut your throat if you cross him, will burn your house down if you betray him, however is still sentimental and has moral value and a sense of humanity, he's more middle-grounded between good and evil if you ask me, a good man when on your side, your worst nightmare on the other.

Totally agree! I think that may be one of the reasons Michael is friends with him. icon14.gif

@mirmihir: Me too. I think Trevor would be loyal to you, just as long as you respect him and not piss him off.

Crumplet
  • Crumplet

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 08:18)

Totally agree! I think that may be one of the reasons Michael is friends with him. icon14.gif

@mirmihir: Me too. I think Trevor would be loyal to you, just as long as you respect him and not piss him off.

Yeah, I always wanted John Marston to be more like that, less morally grounded and more "you f*ck with me, I f*ck with you 10x worse", that attitude would've really fitted him imho, obviously without lack of his endearing humanity.

Trevor, most likely, will be 150% loyal to Michael, and anyone that even remotely looks at him wrong will have Trevor's fists to answer to.

poiuytrew
  • poiuytrew

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Crumplet @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 08:22)

Yeah, I always wanted John Marston to be more like that, less morally grounded and more "you f*ck with me, I f*ck with you 10x worse", that attitude would've really fitted him imho, obviously without lack of his endearing humanity.

Trevor, most likely, will be 150% loyal to Michael, and anyone that even remotely looks at him wrong will have Trevor's fists to answer to.

at the same time though, i think his personality could play a factor, like, his paranoia could get the better of him and cause detrimental situations, not directly, but like, michael, for instance, could have spent ages setting up a deal between a couple of rather volatile people, and in the small part trevor is playing, someone either says or does something that gets him mad, and the people who end up dead because of it would make the various parties turn on michael, i can see him on the front lines when push came to shove, but he's the sort who'd put people in danger often

ROCKSTARR_IS_BEST
  • ROCKSTARR_IS_BEST

as-salamu alaykum

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

my funniest part of trevor is how he is sh*tTING LOL

ON THE TOILET

Crumplet
  • Crumplet

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (poiuytrew @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 08:26)

at the same time though, i think his personality could play a factor, like, his paranoia could get the better of him and cause detrimental situations, not directly, but like, michael, for instance, could have spent ages setting up a deal between a couple of rather volatile people, and in the small part trevor is playing, someone either says or does something that gets him mad, and the people who end up dead because of it would make the various parties turn on michael, i can see him on the front lines when push came to shove, but he's the sort who'd put people in danger often

Yeah, I've been thinking about that for a while actually, I can imagine some really intense situations like this.

Like that shot when Trevor burns the house down in Trailer #2, that could be a result of said situation.

Perhaps He & Michael organized a high end 'crank' deal that'll make them a lot of money and is completely through Michael, Trevor having no connections to these people.

Say they arrive, and Michael and Trevor are waiting and it goes like this,

"Oi, Mike, who the f*ck's he?"

"This is Trevor, my best-friend and business associate, he will not be a problem."

"When I said I wanted 20g of crank I never said I wanted this f*cking white-trash to be lurking around!"

Trevor, of course, will vocally retaliate

"Hey, f*ck you, asshole, do you want your sh*t or not?!"

"Well, hill-billy trash talkin' billy-bob over here got a big mouth on him, doesn't he?"

Trevor will then thoughtlessly shoot him in the face, telling the rest of his men to f*ck off and bring someone more impressive next time.

Michael will be very, very angry as these were his friends let-alone his customers.

Then, as Trevor's driving home, he sees their car, and decides to follow them as he's still pumping-adrenaline from the anger, he then tails them to their home, sees a bottle, makes a molotov out of some newspaper and burns their house down, walking off and twitching (i'm assuming his arm twitch is an anger-twitch).

Rage fueled outbursts like that may well be the downfall of Trevor, much like Michael's ego and Franklin's ambition.

poiuytrew
  • poiuytrew

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Crumplet @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 08:34)
QUOTE (poiuytrew @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 08:26)

Yeah, I've been thinking about that for a while actually, I can imagine some really intense situations like this.

Like that shot when Trevor burns the house down in Trailer #2, that could be a result of said situation.

Perhaps He & Michael organized a high end 'crank' deal that'll make them a lot of money and is completely through Michael, Trevor having no connections to these people.

Say they arrive, and Michael and Trevor are waiting and it goes like this,

"Oi, Mike, who the f*ck's he?"

"This is Trevor, my best-friend and business associate, he will not be a problem."

"When I said I wanted 20g of crank I never said I wanted this f*cking white-trash to be lurking around!"

Trevor, of course, will vocally retaliate

"Hey, f*ck you, asshole, do you want your sh*t or not?!"

"Well, hill-billy trash talkin' billy-bob over here got a big mouth on him, doesn't he?"

Trevor will then thoughtlessly shoot him in the face, telling the rest of his men to f*ck off and bring someone more impressive next time.

Michael will be very, very angry as these were his friends let-alone his customers.

Then, as Trevor's driving home, he sees their car, and decides to follow them as he's still pumping-adrenaline from the anger, he then tails them to their home, sees a bottle, makes a molotov out of some newspaper and burns their house down, walking off and twitching (i'm assuming his arm twitch is an anger-twitch).

Rage fueled outbursts like that may well be the downfall of Trevor, much like Michael's ego and Franklin's ambition.

one idea that was lurking in the back of my head is, maybe if michael is destined to betray franklin and trevor, it was not really by choice, i could see something happening along the lines of trevor killing someone he wasn't supposed to, or franklin seeing an opportunity to make a big score and retire, but stepping on someone's toes to do it, leaving michael in a position where, possibly, someone threatens his family and he gives them up, or something like that, rockstar are pretty good with a bleak ending

jdv95
  • jdv95

you better prevent instead of solving problems

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

what if trevor "the formely 2nd in comand" is actually the reason why michael retired because he f*cked up to much ( a result from his not caring personality). maybe he killed a very dear partner of michael and that was the last drop so michael feels a certain guild turns him self over makes a deal altough does not tell the feds about trevor's whereabouts. and that brings us to "present day" in the story. you know meeting franklin and trevor and all that. now to the point. trevor is actually known as the pilot of the team and franklin is more in the hot spot during the heist's just like mike,but why would mike let the new guy do the more dangerous stuff then trevor? well because of his past with the tragic end i mentioned in the beginning. you see mike needs mainly a 3 man team to pull off the heists and trevor has a lot of experience and franklin was lucky to bumb into mike and gets a roll in the play... a bigger roll then trevor expected. franklin is full of ambition (the opposite of trevor, mike knows that and realises that trevor is to hot tempered to be in the front line ( yet another result of the tragic that caused the life of mike's partner) so trevor gets decreased from 2nd in comand to just pilot or getaway driver and begins to feel a huge jealousy on franklin. in the end history repeats itself and franklin pays the price of achieving what trevor used to be: the most trusted member and 2nd in comand wich results in the ultimate fate of trevor: his body with 2 bullet holes in it and mike walking away with despair.

poiuytrew
  • poiuytrew

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (jdv95 @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 10:20)
what if trevor "the formely 2nd in comand" is actually the reason why michael retired because he f*cked up to much ( a result from his not caring personality). maybe he killed a very dear partner of michael and that was the last drop so michael feels a certain guild turns him self over makes a deal altough does not tell the feds about trevor's whereabouts. and that brings us to "present day" in the story. you know meeting franklin and trevor and all that. now to the point. trevor is actually known as the pilot of the team and franklin is more in the hot spot during the heist's just like mike,but why would mike let the new guy do the more dangerous stuff then trevor? well because of his past with the tragic end i mentioned in the beginning. you see mike needs mainly a 3 man team to pull off the heists and trevor has a lot of experience and franklin was lucky to bumb into mike and gets a roll in the play... a bigger roll then trevor expected. franklin is full of ambition (the opposite of trevor, mike knows that and realises that trevor is to hot tempered to be in the front line ( yet another result of the tragic that caused the life of mike's partner) so trevor gets decreased from 2nd in comand to just pilot or getaway driver and begins to feel a huge jealousy on franklin. in the end history repeats itself and franklin pays the price of achieving what trevor used to be: the most trusted member and 2nd in comand wich results in the ultimate fate of trevor: his body with 2 bullet holes in it and mike walking away with despair.

not bad at all

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

I have to say, Trevor is a very interesting character and that's why he gets a lot of love from me. It's not so much that he's a lunatic and yeah, that's entertaining, but it's not entirely why I like him.

What's interesting about GTA V so far is that, while the story and overall mood seems to be more 'fun' and colorful like the III-era games, the characters have the depth of GTA IV characters. That is, they're not just archetypes, although there are very clear archetypes that they would fit into. For instance, Trevor may be a lunatic and a scary, desire-driven person, but when it comes to his relationship with the other characters he is really more like a loyal friend, and it makes sense why he and Michael were so close. He will bicker and rave and talk sh*t, but he does care about things. Perhaps he even cares too much, seeing as he is driven by emotion and not so much logic. If we ever have to betray him, or if there were a betrayal beforehand and Trevor learns about it for the first time, it would be a very sad moment I think, as well as a terrifying moment.

There seems to be a continuing trend of making the characters more 3-dimensional and sympathetic, and I definitely like that. It's also something I mention when people talk about Micheal's wife and how they want her to be killed or something. I actually expect her to have some really good reasons to feel the way she does about Michael, she is probably emotionally abused and neglected by him and she lashes out in reaction. She's probably a bitch, sure, but that doesn't mean evil. I think this character depth is a very good sign, as I might worry that the story would end up being too cartoon-y if the characters seemed to be 2-dimensional.

Androyed
  • Androyed

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 10:47)
I have to say, Trevor is a very interesting character and that's why he gets a lot of love from me. It's not so much that he's a lunatic and yeah, that's entertaining, but it's not entirely why I like him.

What's interesting about GTA V so far is that, while the story and overall mood seems to be more 'fun' and colorful like the III-era games, the characters have the depth of GTA IV characters. That is, they're not just archetypes, although there are very clear archetypes that they would fit into. For instance, Trevor may be a lunatic and a scary, desire-driven person, but when it comes to his relationship with the other characters he is really more like a loyal friend, and it makes sense why he and Michael were so close. He will bicker and rave and talk sh*t, but he does care about things. Perhaps he even cares too much, seeing as he is driven by emotion and not so much logic. If we ever have to betray him, or if there were a betrayal beforehand and Trevor learns about it for the first time, it would be a very sad moment I think, as well as a terrifying moment.

There seems to be a continuing trend of making the characters more 3-dimensional and sympathetic, and I definitely like that. It's also something I mention when people talk about Micheal's wife and how they want her to be killed or something. I actually expect her to have some really good reasons to feel the way she does about Michael, she is probably emotionally abused and neglected by him and she lashes out in reaction. She's probably a bitch, sure, but that doesn't mean evil. I think this character depth is a very good sign, as I might worry that the story would end up being too cartoon-y if the characters seemed to be 2-dimensional.

Mr. Darko, nice post!

This reminds me of Breaking Bad again. Breaking bad has 3-dimensional characters (obviously). Not every character is as 3-dimensional as the next. Gus, for example: although I love him, what do we really get to know about him, beside a part of his history? Breaking bad can be very comical. With that I don't mean funny (although it is, sometimes), but more "surreal". I don't want to get into any details for people who haven't seen the show, but it is not realistic. Not at all. There are things that are so ridiculous they would've made you laugh if it wasn't a f*cking awesome show with f*cking awesome characters.

That's kind of what Breaking Bad makes special in my opinion. It's what makes it different from other shows. And maybe GTA V will also be something like that. Three-dimensional characters with a story, although serious, is also ridiculous at times. Two-dimensional characters can be fun, but what's even more fun is characters who may seem two-dimensional at first, but are actually very three-dimensional. Michael's wife Amanda, for example, or maybe even Trevor.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

For what I've read, he somewhat resembles another R* protagonist, John Marston (well maybe in another way).

I Am Spoonbender
  • I Am Spoonbender

stop looking at me

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

hhmm™ yes™ i™ like™ this™ thread™

Chickenwing
  • Chickenwing

You See it in the Movies.....

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (I Am Spoonbender @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 12:57)

I don't understand why he keeps putting ™ at the end of all of his topics...

dannyz
  • dannyz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:14 PM Edited by dannyz, 08 December 2012 - 02:17 PM.

I see a comparison to MR.Blonde from Reservoir Dogs. A guy who is Loyal to his friends but make him angry and he goes and kills people.the reason the whole heist goes wrong is because the alarm gets pulled and Blonde gets mad and starts shooting. I can see something like that with Trevor. Plus the whole Ear scene is something a Crazy person would do.

sivaG
  • sivaG

Mike D Santa

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

I think Trevor would be loyal to Michael and would be f*cking around with Franklin! tounge.gif

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Chickenwing @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 09:45)

He trademarks them. Must be in for a lot of money. lol.gif

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 14:46)
QUOTE (Chickenwing @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 09:45)

He trademarks them. Must be in for a lot of money. lol.gif

lol... it's my calling card! lol.gif icon14.gif

Anyway, keep up the great post guys. I enjoy reading them.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

just bumping this "higher quality ™" topic. cool.gif

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (mirmihir @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 08:00)
OnTopic: I dunno why, I always picture Trevor as a loyal guy.

Maybe..I think Trevor is loyal to everyone but everyone ain't loyal to him and if anyone crosses his path..well you know!!!

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Actually, Trevor takes a sh*t in the beginning of the game.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 17:08)

Actually, Trevor takes a sh*t in the beginning of the game.

yes, i believe your right. sh*ts confirmed! monocle.gif

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Imagine a scene like this in GTA V. Michael's daughter Tracy gets pulled into one of the heists and has to work with Trevor. He gets really annoyed by her after awhile (I really don't see Trevor getting along with a spoiled Rockford Hills whore) and he kills her. It would be such a shock, and an interesting plot twist!

rota
  • rota

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

abit off topic but thanks GTA-King for introducing me to "Kalifornia" i'd never even heard of it before, the full movie is on youtube if anyone else wants to watch it haha.

on topic: I can see Trevor going in to a full blown "one man army" war with the Angels of Death over crank and guns, eventually running them out of Blaine County, all based on his living in the moment and not giving a f*ck.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:18 AM Edited by GTA-King, 10 December 2012 - 12:52 AM.

^ That's funny you mention that, because I'm literally about to watch it again. Good movie, huh?

OT: I'm pretty confident that Trevor will be involved with bikers... most likely the AoD. In the trailer we see a girl with a biker jacket. The guy Trevor is beating could be her boyfriend. Most likely a turf dispute.

rota
  • rota

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

Yeah man good movie, I like the bathroom part. I'd say thats Brad Pitts best character, after Mickey O'Niel ofcourse haha.

Yea its gonna be funny f*cking with the AoDs again, you also see them chasing him in a van when hes taking off in that red plane from the desert looking air strip, theres also two parked choppers in the distance aswell.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:25 PM Edited by GTA-King, 11 December 2012 - 11:16 PM.

^ Trevor is going to have a pretty crazy storyline. I mean... just look at that train scene. Is that going to be part of a heist, or Trevor's idea of thrill seeking!? monocle.gif

By the way, if anyone would like to use my signature to help advertise these threads, here it is:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=536622&hl=][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Harley374/gtakb1.gif[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=536901&hl=][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Harley374/gtakb2.gif[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=537003&hl=][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Harley374/gtakb3.gif[/IMG][/URL]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users