» «
Photo

Dark Souls 2

42 replies to this topic
Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:49 AM Edited by Remix, 08 December 2012 - 11:52 AM.

PRAISE THE SUN!

user posted image

"This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series...the entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey."

According to the game's publisher, the new game "will feature a new hero, a new storyline, and an unfamiliar world for players to survive in while delivering its signature brand of unrelenting punishment that players hunger for."

It seems that multiplayer is going to be tweaked as well. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls had an unusual multiplayer system that allowed users to do everything from leaving quest hints for each other to invading each other's games. So what to make of this bit from the press release about Dark Souls II ? "Players seeking to share their experience will discover a revamped server-based multiplayer mode that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing with others."

The game's publisher, Namco, is promising a game full of "unrelenting challenge."

Dark Souls II is slated for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. No timeframe given, though anything sooner than late 2013 would be a shock. No mention of Wii U or next-gen platforms. Hmmm.

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

I am still stuck on the Tower of Latria level in Demon's Souls. I will try to finish it. Then I will pick up Dark Souls.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Thank God. My favoure Rpg this gen I have to say, by far, so damn excited.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

Yes! Super excited! I cannot wait for this to release!

VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

I loved Dark Souls, I never got to play Demon's Souls because it's a PS3 exclsuive but I heard it's as good, I just like the punishing difficulty of this series, it's not "that" hard but it punishs you for simple mistakes, can't wait for this, looks phenomenal. icon14.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

OFFICIAL TRAILER:
http://www.dailymoti...es#.UMMhymtYCK0

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

f*ck YEAH!

i'm so happy i can't f*cking wait, even GTA doesn't get me as excited as the souls series

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

PC port's going to be good this time, right .... ?

Sagari12
  • Sagari12

Never forget: September 11, 2001 WTC

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

I wonder if it will be a sequel to Dark Souls.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Sagari12 @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 12:33)
I wonder if it will be a sequel to Dark Souls.

I don't think so, mate. (Link)

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Oh my lord, is this going to be another hair ripping controller breaking experience? hope so.

My only worry is that they might reduce the difficulty or add a difficulty level. I read an interview with bandai namco and they said they want to appeal to a wider audience, how else could they raise the popularity of this game without reducing the difficulty?

If they add a difficultly level then i hope they don't let you change it throughout the game because i know if it gets really hard then i will lower it even if i don't want to.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

How the hell are you supposed to be good at these games? They're so hard.

even GTA is a baby game (easy compared to Souls series)

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 20:23)
How the hell are you supposed to be good at these games? They're so hard.

even GTA is a baby game (easy compared to Souls series)

Every time you die you should learn and adapt.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 21:19)
how else could they raise the popularity of this game without reducing the difficulty?

In my opinion, the difficulty was unbalanced in Dark Souls. It threw you to the wolves at the start, but it stopped ramping near the end. The last areas (Duke's Archives, New Londo Ruins, Lost Izalith and Tomb of the Giants) were all pretty much similar in difficulty, but your character (and your skills) kept getting better. So whichever you did first would be the hardest and vice versa.
It also depended a LOT on whether you got help online or not. I believe the devs actually designed the game with this in mind (people sharing tips and secrets). For most games, looking up tips online could be considered cheating.
I think they could make the game more accessible without sacrificing difficulty by altering the curve. Don't make it so steep for one, but don't let it stop rising either. Also, players shouldn't need to depend so much on tips from others. The devs could hide this information in the game somewhere so resourceful players can still find it (maybe in the form of books/scrolls or something). I still find it a bit weird that Dark Souls never told you how to jump or slide down ladders.

Apart from that, I hope they improve the weapon upgrade system a bit. It would be awesome if upgrading your weapon came with cosmetic changes for example!

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm really worried about this one. I liked the two first games because they didn't cater to a broad audience, already this game is going the opposite way.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

http://www.edge-onli...at-fans-expect/

VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Inb4SkyrimIsBetterBecauseIt'sOpen-World

http://www.siliconer...-be-open-world/

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Why would anyone play this? The first game was unplayable. Probably by far the hardest game I ever played. And I've played a lot of games in my life, mosty because
the money was the same as your experience so no matter what you did your dead every two seconds. It took me 24 hours to get through the very first area.

lets just say it was a good thing I had cfw back when I attempted to play it because that game is not worth any sort of money what so ever....and I'll be damned if I'll ever go anywhere near the second game

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

VitoJoe: Nobody is gonna say this in this topic, that's just plain ignorance you just mentioned.
backfire: Demon's Souls so hard, I died in two shots and was stuck in some wierd hell place and I couldn't get out. Dark Souls improved on that and you just respawned, I hope DARK SOULS 2 is has levels like: "Normal" "Hard" "Expert" "Insane"

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 17:25)
I'm really worried about this one. I liked the two first games because they didn't cater to a broad audience, already this game is going the opposite way.

This. And anyone who finds Demon's or Dark Souls too difficult, well, try harder or stay away.

Dark Souls seems to be harder than Demon's Souls at first, but after a while you discover, you don't have seldom droprates for certain upgrade stones and no limited weight for inventory and these bonfires save your ass way too often.

And despite both games do have inexcusable glitches (in both games there are gltiches for an infinite amount of the mandatory currency, souls, and in Dark Souls, also humanity), Demon's and Dark Souls are fantastic games.

So Dark Souls 2 is supposed to be less cryptic and much more accessible to the casual gamer AND the main art director is only over watching and not directly creating...?!

Doesn't sound so promising to me.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'm fine with casual gaming, I DON'T LIKE EVERYBODY GAMING lool

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 22:41)
I'm fine with casual gaming, I DON'T LIKE EVERYBODY GAMING lool

I see. You didn't even bother to play Demon's Souls any further... lol.gif

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I died against first boss and I was too confused in the hell mode, so i just quit.

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 23:14)
I died against first boss and I was too confused in the hell mode, so i just quit.

What you mean by "hell mode"?

The first boss...if you mean "Vanguard", you CAN kill him, but don't have too. You will die shortly after anyways, storywise.
Then arrive in Boletaria. There you get the cling ring and your health bar will get bigger. Or you pick up that ephermer stone or whatever it is called in the Nexus. There are two lying around.

And you transform yourself into a human...meaning full health bar.

But f*ck all that. Demon's Souls is perfectly beatable as an undead.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

it's the place you go when you die in demon's souls, im lost in that freaking maze

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Lost Kings Street Soldier, Fighting And Making Money.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

I've heard good things about this game but I know nothing about it. What is this game? What genre is it? Whats it about? Tell me everything!

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 00:26)
it's the place you go when you die in demon's souls, im lost in that freaking maze

lol okay... biggrin.gif It's the Nexus and you MUST go there. It's the story's intention you go there. The Nexus is actually your comfort zone. There you see stairs and archstones which you have to touch to enter a level.

I've heard good things about this game but I know nothing about it. What is this game? What genre is it? Whats it about? Tell me everything!

Rpg elements, hack n slay elements. Demons, fantasy, monsters, knights, swords, dragons, magic...

Despite the glitches, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls aren't games for the casual player. You have to sink into the atmosphere and concentrate since death is around every corner.

Demon's Souls is a PS3 exclusive so you, as an XBOX player should go for the latest title, DARK SOULS. I could write on but you should experience it yourself. If the summary of magic, swords, demons, rpg already falls to your disliking, let it be.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Excited for DarkSouls2? Tune into IGN tomorrow 4/10 12PM @ PT for our world premiere 12 minute gameplay reveal. pic.twitter.com/3Wza7JyPlW

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (fridaynightscream @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 03:58)

If you want hair on your head then I suggest you don't play it biggrin.gif only joking, its probably one of the most original, enjoyable experiences I have had in a game since the ps1 days.

If you decide to get the game then just remember that it may possibly be one of the most hardest games you'll ever play.

The combat and enemies are by far the best thing about this game. The story is there but its very subtle.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

It's the online that's the best part of the game, you can use a verity of cool weapons and magic to torment the players.
You can even stop them from beating the game for an extended period of time.

It's an awesome game series that is well worth playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users