Photo

iOS Ghost Car

6 replies to this topic
kuruma99
  • kuruma99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hey guys, I was just playing GTA Vice City on my iPad, on the brand new 10th anniversary version (iPad 2, iOS 6). I was collecting cars for the Sunshine Autos list and I was up to the third one o think, and I had to find a Caddy (golf cart). I went on to the golf course and I was searching around for a while but I couldn't find the car I was looking for. I drove to the golf course in a Sabre Turbo and parked it at the fence so I could jump over into the golf course without losing my weapons. I was looking around but found nothing so I came back out. I took the parked Comet and looked around the road in front of Leaf Links, and again found nothing. I returned to the golf course and went through the metal detector and got the Country Club clothes and just searched around again, when suddenly a Comet drove really quickly past me and drove around the golf course, then despawned after disappearing behind the trees. The car drove about as fast as... The top speed of a Washington, maybe. It turned corners really sharply and without losing speed, and flew into the air alot when it drove over a hill. I looked at the clock, it was around 4:20AM. Now, I am colourblind so I don't know what colour it was but I THINK the Comet was pink. Not sure though. I didn't get to see if it had a driver but this is what I would like to know:

-Why did the car go so fast?
-Why was it only spawned for about 5 seconds?
-Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Ive never seen anything like this happen to me before, If youre looking for a caddy look at the some of the crops at the whitehouse, a caddy is hidden there.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Wow that's strange. I can't recall something like that in PC version.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I had similar history, but in GTA III. I have even savegame with it.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

It's most likely an aggressive driver that spawned within the golf course. Sometimes the game spawn cars in places where it shouldn't spawn. The game occasionally spawns aggressive drivers that will speed around crazily; it's a feature in the game. The quick disappearance is due to the unusually brief time the game will remember pedestrian cars. Cars disappear quick in the PC version, so I'm guessing it's the same for the mobile. In the end, what you saw is not unusual. You only noticed it because there was nothing else around you at the time.

kuruma99
  • kuruma99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 11:14)
It's most likely an aggressive driver that spawned within the golf course. Sometimes the game spawn cars in places where it shouldn't spawn. The game occasionally spawns aggressive drivers that will speed around crazily; it's a feature in the game. The quick disappearance is due to the unusually brief time the game will remember pedestrian cars. Cars disappear quick in the PC version, so I'm guessing it's the same for the mobile. In the end, what you saw is not unusual. You only noticed it because there was nothing else around you at the time.

You're probably right, I see aggressive drivers all the time, and I have seen the game (and also GTA III and SA) spawn cars where it isn't meant to (driving in mid air until it hits a street lamp, half under the road, and also that plane that always spawns with one end inside a tree, and the other end in a house in San Andreas), so that is the most logical answer. Thanks!

rudraneel
  • rudraneel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:12 AM

Guys the same thing happened with me but on the pc version and the car hit me so hard that I lost more than half of my health and before I could turn my mouse towards it it had disappeared!(sorry for my bad English)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users