Photo

Franklin's Ambition™

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic
GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:46 AM Edited by GTA-King, 18 April 2013 - 04:29 PM.

user posted image
Franklin's Ambition™

am·bi·tion  (noun): An eager or strong desire to achieve something, such as fame or power.

QUOTE (Dan Houser)
"The idea with Franklin was someone stepping outside their comfort zone and their normal way of doing things, because that way, even though they're still in their mid-20s or whatever, that hasn't worked. That world that they thought they'd be in and be able to make a success of has, thanks to the modern world or the changes in the economy or whatever it is, just failed. It doesn't really exist. They're now looking for something new. A new opportunity. They've gotten their qualifications and gotten all their experience and all they're good at is driving and robbing. How do actually go forward and who do you get to a kind of mentor you? That was a good contrast. The gang-banger in the post-gang-banging world."

Great men, with great AMBITION, always do great things... right? Wrong! Ahem... Hitler. whatsthat.gif

I'm not saying Franklin is going to gas the whites, but you know what I mean! He really does have the chance to make a name for himself though... with the right amount of ambition. Dan Houser said Frankln will be looking for a new opportunity. Dan also said he is a traditional GTA protagonist. Guess who else is a traditional GTA protagonist is? Tommy Vercetti. The man who's ambition granted him an entire city! It's very possible that Franklin will decide to better his own situation, like when Tommy cutted Sonny out of his profits. Anything is possible with Franklin. A man's ambition could be his ultimate success, or his ultimate downfall. Here are some examples of such men:

Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)

Tony Montana (Scarface)

Tommy Vercetti (Vice City)

*will post more later*

So how do YOU guys think Franklin's Ambition™ will end up for him?

Discuss. cool.gif

user posted image
CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=536622&hl=][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Harley374/gtakb1.gif[/IMG][/URL]

user posted image
CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=536901&hl=][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Harley374/gtakb2.gif[/IMG][/URL]

user posted image
CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=537003&hl=][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Harley374/gtakb3.gif[/IMG][/URL]

sivaG
  • sivaG

Shetland Pony

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Maybe.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

I hope Franklin gets to deal drugs like Pinkman cool.gif

Ultimately I think Franklin will end up becoming the anchor of GTAV. Right now we all think it's Michael. But think about it, we've all heard about Michael and Trevor, but not much if anything really about Franklin. Franklin seems like the kind of person who needs a mentor and may have to decide who he needs to go with to make more money. (Possible protagonist conflict?)

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I love your topics.. Much respect. Franklon is more like a stringer bell/ avon barksdale or any other big time street guy prior to their rise to power. Thats franklins concept i believe

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 06:23)
Ultimately I think Franklin will end up becoming the anchor of GTAV. Right now we all think it's Michael. But think about it, we've all heard about Michael and Trevor, but not much if anything really about Franklin. Franklin seems like the kind of person who needs a mentor and may have to decide who he needs to go with to make more money. (Possible protagonist conflict?)

I agree. I think Franklin will be the one to turn out to be the most moral-centered (obviously for as much as they can mean for wanting to become big in crime). It's clear in the second trailer when he goes against Lamar's tradition.

He'll probably develop into someone more serious with a bigger head as he gets used to the crime game.

I think he'll be more "true" though, and perhaps Michael and/or Trevor will get a more bigger head than Franklin will get, and may even start to find things about them that he doesn't like, like it seems with Lamar. Michael and Trevor will underestimate him for it, and one possible ending would be Franklin overruling them to the top of what they've been doing for years.

Now that I think of it it's interesting since Michael has wanted to get back in the game, but Franklin, the new up-and-comer, might end up being practically better than him.

Can't wait to see what you come up with Trevor, btw. icon14.gif cookie.gif

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Gta-King, You're dropping amazing topics back and forth. Keep up the good work man! cookie.gif

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (sivaG @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 10:16)
Maybe.

How does that response even work in this context? monocle.gif

Quite honestly, I think Franklin is going to be the pure one of the group - caught up in the bullsh*t that's going to stirrup between Michael and of course, Trevor.. its just bound to happen.

UncleVlad
  • UncleVlad

Vice City Stories!

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Sizeway @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 18:22)
Gta-King, You're dropping amazing topics back and forth. Keep up the good work man! cookie.gif

Second that. One of the few people around here who actually puts effort in his topic.
Rockstar is not gonna make some cliché stort which you can expect from others. Michael looks and sounds like the guy who's becoming the new kingpin of Los Santos, but I think he's gonna be like Trevor at the end of the game. As for Franklin, he'll take the role of Michael and will become the star of this city. He looks mysterios and he's gonna have some deep secrets deep inside him.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (UncleVlad @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 18:33)
Gta-King, You're dropping amazing topics back and forth. Keep up the good work man!  cookie.gif

Second that. One of the few people around here who actually puts effort in his topic.
Rockstar is not gonna make some cliché stort which you can expect from others. Michael looks and sounds like the guy who's becoming the new kingpin of Los Santos, but I think he's gonna be like Trevor at the end of the game. As for Franklin, he'll take the role of Michael and will become the star of this city. He looks mysterios and he's gonna have some deep secrets deep inside him.

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (UncleVlad @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 12:33)
Gta-King, You're dropping amazing topics back and forth. Keep up the good work man!  cookie.gif

I also, would like to third this, GTA-King is easily one of the most creative users on GTAF and always contributes something creative. He also played tic-tac-toe with me so that was fun.

QUOTE (Duxfever @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 12:13)

I agree. I think Franklin will be the one to turn out to be the most moral-centered (obviously for as much as they can mean for wanting to become big in crime). It's clear in the second trailer when he goes against Lamar's tradition.

He'll probably develop into someone more serious with a bigger head as he gets used to the crime game.

I think he'll be more "true" though, and perhaps Michael and/or Trevor will get a more bigger head than Franklin will get, and may even start to find things about them that he doesn't like, like it seems with Lamar. Michael and Trevor will underestimate him for it, and one possible ending would be Franklin overruling them to the top of what they've been doing for years.

Now that I think of it it's interesting since Michael has wanted to get back in the game, but Franklin, the new up-and-comer, might end up being practically better than him.

Can't wait to see what you come up with Trevor, btw.  icon14.gif   cookie.gif

Definitely. Rockstar said that he was a typical GTA protagonist so it wouldn't be that big of a surprise if he ended up becoming something better than Michael ever was. Rockstar creating 3 protagonists really opens the door for story telling. I'm becoming a bigger fan the more I think about it.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

need to have a gta king appreciation thread

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 14:23)

Strongly agree with you! I think there's a reason we don't know much about this guy. He has the potential to be a great underdog. I think the fact that he is positioned in the middle of this picture may signify his ambition:

user posted image

@Duxfever: I like your thinking! It's definitely possible Franklin will see an opportunity to come out on top, even if that means betraying Trevor & Michael. He's a fresh new criminal, so he really hasn't developed any morals, or a code of honor.

@UncleVlad & Cyfa: I think Michael and Franklin's relationship is going to be very interesting. Michael is fueled by his ego, so that's the main reason I believe he wants to pass his criminal knowledge down to Franklin. Franklin is fueled by ambition... so it's possible we will see something like the student that defeates the teacher (something I believe we will see between Jesse and Walter in Breaking Bad).

Also, thanks for the respect everyone. I try to make all my topics creative... otherwise it's "just another topic." icon14.gif

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 19:07)
QUOTE (Cyfa @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 14:23)

Strongly agree with you! I think there's a reason we don't know much about this guy. He has the potential to be a great underdog. I think the fact that he is positioned in the middle of this picture may signify his ambition:

user posted image

@Duxfever: I like your thinking! It's definitely possible Franklin will see an opportunity to come out on top, even if that means betraying Trevor & Michael. He's a fresh new criminal, so he really hasn't developed any morals, or a code of honor.

@UncleVlad & Cyfa: I think Michael and Franklin's relationship is going to be very interesting. Michael is fueled by his ego, so that's the main reason I believe he wants to pass his criminal knowledge down to Franklin. Franklin is fueled by ambition... so it's possible we will see something like the student that defeates the teacher (something I believe we will see between Jesse and Walter in Breaking Bad).

Also, thanks for the respect everyone. I try to make all my topics creative... otherwise it's "just another topic." icon14.gif

Maybe Michael's Ego will drive him insane and rat on Trevor and Franklin, and Franklin will have to use the skills michael taught him to help defeat him

BTW I Can really see a mission where Trevor and michael teach Franklin to shoot a gun the right way (Not sideways)

neo92boi
  • neo92boi

Agent is still coming to PS4....

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:11 PM Edited by neo92boi, 07 December 2012 - 07:16 PM.

Great Topic OP. Seems Franklin doesnt get as much attention as Mike and Trev does.

Franklin wil be the balance between the Id and Ego. If Mike is the Ego and Trev is the Id then Franklin is the Human, he is the Person. He will be the one who will decide where his life will go as Mike and Trev have already made that desicion. Thus making Franklin the true protagonist, in the GTA sense.

I look at it like this, as much as you may detest to this its damn near the case. Mike = Tommy V, a former mafia member who f*cked up and got a second chance some what like Carlito's Way, and now V will determine if he makes the right choices, Trevor = Claude/Toni = The no holds barred criminal, who truly doesnt give two sh*ts about law enfocement or thse who oppose him. He will mercilessly slay anyone be it for a reason or for no reason. Now given purpose will his ways change or f*ck everything up. Will he be obedient like Toni and do everything to the letter, or just simply do like Claude. (Claude was he most dumb protag imo due to him being the closest to being killed due to stupidity from Salvatore.) Trevor will have a great demon to face eventually, that demon being him.

Last but most certainly not least Franklin = Carl CJ Johnson. The ambitious, and willing young thug pushed into a form of life he must find a way out of or force his way through. Unlike CJ , Franklin has already become aware that the gang mentality has a future of death and prison in its wake, and so he finds a gig that pulls him away from it. But he is still conflicted, and now he will persue a new gig that will hopefully finally rescue him or damn him even further. Franklin is the fallen angel stuck between an arch angel, and a demon, will he strive to return to the heavens or continue on his descent to hell.....

This is GTA V my friends, and Franklin is focal point of it all...

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

^ Great post, neo92bo! icon14.gif

R* seems to be playing with our psychs. The Ego, the Id, and the Super Ego. Who do we, as the player, better relate to? It would be pretty crazy if R* made us choose in the end. As for Franklin, I see him as a mix between Tommy Vercetti & Carl Johnson. Now I'm not saying Carl didn't have any ambition, but he certainly needed a "push" in order to gain fame and power. Tommy however, didn't. His ruthlessness got him an entire city. Carl eventually made it to the top, but he went through alot of emotions in order to get there... unlike Tommy. I hope that makes sense. confused.gif

It's very possible that Franklin will be the Tommy Vercetti of the hood. That would be pretty interesting.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Why the "™" ?

Sorry for the off topic post.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 19:42)
Why the "™" ?

Sorry for the off topic post.

I'm just trademarking this particular topic. I guess you could say it's my calling card. lol.gif

Anyway, I posted this in the other thread, so I might as well post it here. It's pretty interesting: http://en.m.wikipedi...o_and_super-ego

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:51 PM Edited by Silentype, 07 December 2012 - 07:59 PM.

It's hard to tell about Franklin considering the fact that he shuns his gangbanging homie.(which is understandable given his ambition.) Is he after fortune, fame, or both and in which way?(legitimately or is he trying to make it to the heights in crime.) Is he trying to be a crime boss who wants to turn his gang around into a criminal/drug organization or has he completely turned his back on anything related to drugs, gangs?(remember he said something about slinging dope as well.)
What forms of crime is he trying to get into?(extortion, loansharking, various types of fraud/white collar crime etc.)

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:08 PM Edited by Getzmunney, 07 December 2012 - 08:11 PM.

QUOTE (Silentype @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 19:51)
It's hard to tell about Franklin considering the fact that he shuns his gangbanging homie.(which is understandable given his ambition.) Is he after fortune, fame, or both and in which way?(legitimately or is he trying to make it to the heights in crime.) Is he trying to be a crime boss who wants to turn his gang around into a criminal/drug organization or has he completely turned his back on anything related to drugs, gangs?(remember he said something about slinging dope as well.)
What forms of crime is he trying to get into?(extortion, loansharking, various types of fraud/white collar crime etc.)

Exactly mu thoughts... in the trailer hes trying to tell his homie that there are better ways to get money.. hence that scene beimg right before the stolen cars.. its like franklin is a natural born leader

UncleVlad
  • UncleVlad

Vice City Stories!

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Can anyone please tell me what trevor's "id" actually means?

Albert De Silva
  • Albert De Silva

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (UncleVlad @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 20:16)
Can anyone please tell me what trevor's "id" actually means?

"Id is based on pleasure principle. In other words, the id wants whatever feels good at the time, with no consideration for the reality of the situation. The id doesn't care about reality, about the needs of anyone else, only its own satisfaction. When the id wants something, nothing else is important".
Read here

HolyStoner187
  • HolyStoner187

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:08 PM Edited by HolyStoner187, 07 December 2012 - 09:19 PM.

So let me get this straight it goes something like this:

Franklin used to gang-bang, slang dope, hustle on the streets with his nigga Lamar, he found a gig that pulled him off the streets and Lamar tries to persuade him to start reppin his hood, but Franklin says there are better ways to get that "money", Lamar stubbornness denies his ideas but continuously plans to stay gang banging till the day that he dies or goes into jail , thus leaving Franklin as a great leader to Lamar and his gang (maybe) by telling him go do this, and go do that. Then suddenly Frankie and Lamar encounters Michael, Michael is a ex convict bank robber who lived the glory days of pulling heists , bank robbing, and some mafia type sh*t who now has a family with lovely young children and a gold digging wife, he's made it the top, he has the latest cars, the biggest house, maybe has a variety of high automatic weapons ? Anyways Michael tells Franklin to leave that hood sh*t and convinces him to become something more than he is. Then there's Trevor a sociopathic maniac , who doesn't give a sh*t and all he cars about himself, ex pilot military and really best friends with Michael all meeting up to return to the glory days of the criminal underworld. With the Feds on Michael's back this can lead up to trouble, Franklins ambitiousness, and Trevors f*ck ups can lead a very interesting story plot maybe one of them or 2 of them will turn each others back on them. The old GTA betrayal storyline.

Gang Banger:
user posted image

Ex Convict:
user posted image

And the maniac:
user posted image

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (HolyStoner187 @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 21:08)
So let me get this straight it goes something like this:

Franklin used to gang-bang, slang dope, hustle on the streets with his nigga Lamar, he found a gig that pulled him off the streets and Lamar tries to persuade him to start reppin his hood, but Franklin says there are better ways to get that "money", Lamar stubbornness denies his ideas but continuously plans to stay gang banging till the day that he dies or goes into jail , thus leaving Franklin as a great leader to Lamar and his gang (maybe) by telling him go do this, and go do that. Then suddenly Frankie and Lamar encounters Michael, Michael is a ex convict bank robber who lived the glory days of pulling heists , bank robbing, and some mafia type sh*t who now has a family with lovely young children and a gold digging wife, he's made it the top, he has the latest cars, the biggest house, maybe has a variety of high automatic weapons ? Anyways Michael tells Franklin to leave that hood sh*t and convinces him to become something more than he is. Then there's Trevor a sociopathic maniac , who doesn't give a sh*t and all he cars about himself, ex pilot military and really best friends with Michael all meeting up to return to the glory days of the criminal underworld. With the Feds on Michael's back this can lead up to trouble, Franklins ambitiousness, and Trevors f*ck ups can lead a very interesting story plot maybe one of them or 2 of them will turn each others back on them. The old GTA betrayal storyline.

Gang Banger:
user posted image

Ex Convict:
user posted image

And the maniac:
user posted image

icon14.gif

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

Franklin wont deal drugs. He wont do anything other than klll some people. Rockstar have no choice if he doesn't kill people he cant be a protag.

So in a nutshell Franklin will be a pussy who hardly does anything illegal. He will be a good little boy and be the bitch made son michael allways wanted. If that isn't bad enough he will bitch to his friend about dealing dope and throwing up gang signs. The guys a coward his not fit to be a gta protag but neither is michael.

This is why i'm so negative but gta v. It seems the games going to be very bitch made and cowardly.

HolyStoner187
  • HolyStoner187

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 01:25)
Franklin wont deal drugs. He wont do anything other than klll some people. Rockstar have no choice if he doesn't kill people he cant be a protag.

So in a nutshell Franklin will be a pussy who hardly does anything illegal. He will be a good little boy and be the bitch made son michael allways wanted. If that isn't bad enough he will bitch to his friend about dealing dope and throwing up gang signs. The guys a coward his not fit to be a gta protag but neither is michael.

This is why i'm so negative but gta v. It seems the games going to be very bitch made and cowardly.

Rockstar quoted that Franklin is a good sniper why wouldn't he be that good at shooting and killing people
and gangs are illegal

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 01:25)

You have like... no faith whatsoever! lol, it's almost laughable. No offense. icon14.gif

I think Michael will teach him everything he needs to know about the criminal lifestyle. To only kill when is necessary, and so on. Basically he will teach his to be a professional. But, as we know, Franklin is ambitious. Ambition could lead a man to do great things... whether they are good or bad things, we've yet to see.

stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

user posted image

Hmm some definite clues and undertones in the above artwork picture.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

^ Indeed. As I've mentioned earlier, the fact that Franklin is positioned in the middle implies, to me anyway, that he is very ambitious.

matt19811
  • matt19811

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

That picture makes me think these two kings are in the process of passing their torches to franklin.
I can see those two going out with a bang after they do what they want to do and franklin becoming a kingpin.

Androyed
  • Androyed

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (stevechilds @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 01:47)
user posted image

Hmm some definite clues and undertones in the above artwork picture.

I figured that Trevor and Michael may "fight" over Franklin. They are friends now, but we've talked about Trevor's loyalty, and how he can be very reasonable and emotional. My guess is that Michael's big ego will make him do something horrible, something that Trevor disagrees with. Something that involves Franklin. Franklin, being ambitious, will probably see more future in following Michael than in following Trevor. Michael has a villa, and seems a lot nicer and smarter at first. Trevor lives in a trailer, and he is a complete psychopath. So Franklin will probably follow Michael even though Michael has done something horrible, and Trevor will try to protect Franklin and keep him away from Michael.

Think Walter White, Jesse Pinkman and Mike Ehrmantraut.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users