Photo

GTA Vice City Mobile Modding

844 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (sharpie_eastern @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 00:21)
Man, look how much work its taking to mod Vice City. I don't wanna know how much security they're going to put on San Andreas

I wouldn't call it security, but more so engine updates.

But I think SA might have security though based on the Hot Coffee ordeal.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:54 AM Edited by Frank.s, 13 December 2012 - 03:59 AM.

I wouldn't call it security, but more so engine updates.
True. If the toc/tmb/dat texture archives were encrypted and also in a different format then you'd definitely know about it.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 03:10)
But I think SA might have security though based on the Hot Coffee ordeal.
Why?
I mean obviously if R* port SA to mobile then they're gonna port V2/3 but they're not gonna add even more blocks just because it was SA that had hot coffee originally.
It takes the same amount of effort to port the hot coffee mod to VC as it does to port it to a patched version of SA on mobile. Just new ifp edits and new scm scripting.

Alian
  • Alian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:53 AM Edited by Alian, 13 December 2012 - 04:56 AM.

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 13:39)
What is your device?

It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus.

I'm really desperate by now, if not the texture folder, please can someone upload their ipad gta_vc.set file?! or just any device, since the textures on mine are just terrible and it shouldn't be... GTA3's textures on my tab looks miles better than GTA: VC's textures, seriously

I mean just what, why. WHY?!?! WHYYYYY
user posted image

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Try with my file:
http://db.tt/kVcAO6Ej

Alian
  • Alian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:59 AM Edited by Alian, 13 December 2012 - 11:54 AM.

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 05:28)
Try with my file:
http://db.tt/kVcAO6Ej

thanks, but it's the same as before even with yours... I'm pretty sure I just need an android tablet texture SDdata, or else I'm out of ideas, but unfortunately I can't download it by actually buying the game on the Play Store cause it doesn't show up on my device, eventhough it should be supported... !?!?! *siiigh* but thanks for the help anyway, I appreciate it

f7n
  • f7n

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Well, I try to change the quallety to HD, but I have added all, like blood, light, etc....
Do someone can upload a savegame editor for the ipad for vice city or upload their save game? 100% completed.

Thanks.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Alian @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 04:53)
What is your device?

I'm really desperate by now, if not the texture folder, please can someone upload their ipad gta_vc.set file?! or just any device, since the textures on mine are just terrible and it shouldn't be... GTA3's textures on my tab looks miles better than GTA: VC's textures, seriously

user posted image

i have the same on my note 10.1 bought the game from playstore

the resolution is MILES below iphone i havn't seen ipad though

but i do love that you can adjust resolution draw distance and everything on android

Alian
  • Alian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 15:41)
What is your device?

user posted image

i have the same on my note 10.1 bought the game from playstore

the resolution is MILES below iphone i havn't seen ipad though

but i do love that you can adjust resolution draw distance and everything on android

that's so stupid! So it's officially made to look like sht on Android... I've tried countless things to get it to work, I even tried replacing all the .tdx files in the android verion with the iphone .ipa tdx files, and no luck... (which was a pain in the butt btw because of how different the files in the iphone version are structured) I hope there's an unofficial way of getting the texture resolution to look good, cause frankly the graphics look very disappointing on android atm.

Funny thing is Tommy's texture on Android (outside of cutscenes) has crisp, detailed texture resolution, yet everything else looks like SO bad. Because of this I'm very suspicious that this must likely be a bug, but I doubt R* or rather War Drum Studios is aware of it.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Hmm, four in bed? That's a kick I haven't tried yet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Alian @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 09:56)
Could someone upload the textures folder of the ipad version? I'm playing on an android tablet, but the textures look downright terrible. I'd like to see if it would work with an ipad texture folder.
user posted image
I mean just look at this! Ugh... Especially during cutscenes...

Are you sure the game isn't loading the LOD textures?

Alian
  • Alian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:39 PM Edited by Alian, 13 December 2012 - 09:54 PM.

QUOTE (sharpie_eastern @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 21:36)
Are you sure the game isn't loading the LOD textures?

Doubt it, but I have no idea, and even if so I would have no idea left of where to change that...

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

What is your device?

user posted image

Alright I figured it out I think. Go into the game files copy gta3hi.blah.blah, I don't know the android format. Anyway, copy the Gta3hi to your PC and change "hi" to "low" and copy it back to the device. That should fix your issue. Let me know if it works

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:57 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 13 December 2012 - 10:00 PM.

QUOTE (sharpie_eastern @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 21:53)
What is your device?

user posted image

Alright I figured it out I think. Go into the game files copy gta3hi.blah.blah, I don't know the android format. Anyway, copy the Gta3hi to your PC and change "hi" to "low" and copy it back to the device. That should fix your issue. Let me know if it works

Correction. Not "low" change "hi" to "img". You get what I'm saying?

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (sharpie_eastern @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 21:57)
QUOTE (sharpie_eastern @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 21:53)
What is your device?

user posted image

Correction. Not "low" change "hi" to "img". You get what I'm saying?

Change all 4 files that say gta3hi.blah.blah to gta3img.blah.blah

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

FFS stop quoting the image.

Use this to post.
user posted image

Alian
  • Alian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (sharpie_eastern @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 22:05)

Will do asap, I'm just waiting for it to download from the Play Store, cause they've fixed the issue of the game not showing up in the Play Store on SG Tab 7.0 plus and Tab 2 7.0 devices (and I guess some other devices too?)

Alian
  • Alian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:09 AM Edited by Alian, 14 December 2012 - 12:43 AM.

QUOTE (sharpie_eastern @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 22:05)

Well, I've run into some problems. I've changed all the gta3hi.blah.blah to gta3img.blah.blah. But you said "all 4 files" yet I have 10 files (both 10hi and 10img) I changed those, but the game crashes on loading screen (it was suspicious, as some of the "hi" files have smaller sizes than their "img" equivalent

could you maybe pinpoint me what 4 files you had to swap out exactly?
EDIT: Nevermind, I've checked the files in the .IPA so I know which ones you meant.
EDIT2: Nope, crashes on loading screen by doing your suggestion :\ funny thing though... if I just copy over the img files with the hi files, the game works, no graphics change though, but if I then copy over the img files over the hi files, the game crashes on load
Also I'm sorry for posting this in the modding thread, I just felt this is the most on topic

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:01 AM Edited by nkjellman, 14 December 2012 - 01:16 AM.

May sound dumb but I know PVR is iOS. But I'm wondering, is DXT Android?

Edit: If the textures on the Android are DXT, could someone with the Android version send me the following textures out of the gamemisc?
-Detail_Asphalt
-Detail_Concrete
-Detail_Grass
-Detail_Sand
-Detail_Water
-Detail_Bark
-Detail_Stucco
-Detail_Rock
-Detail_Fabric
-Textures for the pause map. (not in gamemisc, but you know what I mean).
-Loading Screen Textures

I'm sure you can all guess what my intentions are. The textures for the detail maps seem very generic so it shouldn't be too hard to get them on the PC version. For water, I'll use the PC water overlay texture that is used.

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Anyone here have a working save for the android version? i searched this thread and found one with like apparently 20 missions completed and all islands unlocked
but it crashes instantly on my Nexus 7

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 20:01)

PVR isn't iOS, it's PowerVR which is a graphics chip used in a number of phones -- including iDevices and a number of Android devices. DXT is used by Nvidia Tegra GFX chips, the most common GFX chip for Android. Then there's etc which is just generic uncompressed for all other platforms.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 01:13)

PVR isn't iOS, it's PowerVR which is a graphics chip used in a number of phones -- including iDevices and a number of Android devices. DXT is used by Nvidia Tegra GFX chips, the most common GFX chip for Android. Then there's etc which is just generic uncompressed for all other platforms.

I know that, I'm just talking about for Vice City.
BTW check my updated post if you own the Android version. Because iOS uses PVR, I can't export them yet. I want to get them VC PC, and maybe later Vice City Rage.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 20:17)
QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 01:13)

I know that, I'm just talking about for Vice City.
BTW check my updated post if you own the Android version. Because iOS uses PVR, I can't export them yet. I want to get them VC PC, and maybe later Vice City Rage.

I'm talking about Vice City too, the Android version makes available all three in it's files and uses them depending on the chip you have. You're making the assumption that the Android version uses just the DXT files, which isn't true.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:29 AM Edited by nkjellman, 14 December 2012 - 02:43 AM.

@Gamerzworld: How am I supposed to know? I have iOS, not Android. But thanks for the correction.

Well if anyone is able to get the detail maps in DXT exported, PM them to me, (If they are available on Android in DXT.)

But anyway here is the game plan. Once I get the textures, I'm going to use Photoshop to do the overlay. I took the original texture and shrunk it down in this test for the tree bark. I overlayed x16 of them over the regular sized one. Note that it still needs work.
user posted image

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 05:54)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 00:50)
QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 05:46)
If texture files from Apple devices can't be opened, maybe Android version will help. But game still isn't released.

That's what I'm going to wait for, see if the Android one is any different, but if it's not, then bloody hell they like to make things awkward!

The Android version will be different. The PVR files are textures and models optimized for PowerVR chips, which are used in iPhone 4+. The Android version will be like GTA3 where it downloads the files optimized specifically for your GFX chip (gta3_xxx.img). For GTA3 the game used to fall back to the originals if it couldn't find the optimized files, has anyone tried the same for VC?

Certain Android devices use PowerVR GPUs, too, like some MediaTek chipsets (MT6573, MT6577, etc.) and Samsung Galaxies.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (nick7 @ Wednesday, Dec 12 2012, 23:27)
Could you explain what "Cache type" does on the tool? I'm guessing PVR isn't supported because the PVR Cache type option is greyed

switches between caches. as you may know there are 3 caches: PVR, DXT and ETC (Uncompressed).

yes, i don't tried to work with PVR-compressed textures, maybe later... but you can open PVR files, some of textures (non-compressed) will be rendered.

i'm planning to implement "uncompressed" import, so this should work on all devices, PVRs too ^_^

Does this tool ring a bell to you?

http://www.imgtec.co...-pvrtextool.asp
http://toxicblob.com...eated_equal.php

There seems to be a commandline tool for compressing stuff to PVRTC, as well as a similar one Apple has on their iOS SDK.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 21:43)
QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 05:54)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 00:50)
QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 05:46)
If texture files from Apple devices can't be opened, maybe Android version will help. But game still isn't released.

That's what I'm going to wait for, see if the Android one is any different, but if it's not, then bloody hell they like to make things awkward!

The Android version will be different. The PVR files are textures and models optimized for PowerVR chips, which are used in iPhone 4+. The Android version will be like GTA3 where it downloads the files optimized specifically for your GFX chip (gta3_xxx.img). For GTA3 the game used to fall back to the originals if it couldn't find the optimized files, has anyone tried the same for VC?

Certain Android devices use PowerVR GPUs, too, like some MediaTek chipsets (MT6573, MT6577, etc.) and Samsung Galaxies.

Yeah I pointed that out above.

darrenliew96
  • darrenliew96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Can we port the GTA SA:VC Map into mobile version? When I try to add maps and overwrite gta3.img, GTA VC iOS crash when loading..

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Is pepsi okay?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (darrenliew96 @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 11:30)
Can we port the GTA SA:VC Map into mobile version? When I try to add maps and overwrite gta3.img, GTA VC iOS crash when loading..

It can be done, but the lag would be terrible.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

theNGclan, no it wouldn't. What gave you that silly idea?

SA's map is very similar quality to III/VC so it wouldn't lag on mobile, the original GTA SA:VC mod lags because for some reason the mod's creator(s) whacked-up the draw distance and added some crappy ENB to it afaik.
The thing that stops SA being converted to mobile VC is that the map limits on mobile VC haven't been cracked.

lvadimkal
  • lvadimkal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Finally convert and replace the auto. Admiral model to mercedes 500sel

gta vc version is 1.02
device - Acer iconia tab a501

colgate.gif

P.S. where i can download the program to screeshoting or recording on my device?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Replaced textures? Oh, did you place your TXD into veh_high or gta3.img?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users