923 replies to this topic
_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

In theory, it should be easily possible, but in practice for sure we'll have a lot of problems.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

As is always the way!

Apfeltasche
  • Apfeltasche

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Does anybody already have a savegame, that opens all the islands or a working main.scm/code? smile.gif blush.gif

cookie.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Somewhere in Internet should be stripped main.scm which enable all islands, I can't find it ATM.

f7n
  • f7n

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

I have already all Islands unlocked

Apfeltasche
  • Apfeltasche

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Perhaps you'd be willing to share your savegame with us? That would be nice. cookie.gif cookie.gif blush.gif

You can find it at:

iPhone/iPad > Apps > GTA Vice City > Documents.

GTA3sf*.b

smile.gif

You can downlaod iExplorer for Mac and Windows:
http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

user posted image

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Maybe can we can modding earlier than end of next week?

Thanks to SammyXNA for finding it.

Romek1313PL
  • Romek1313PL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hi!

What does offset 0x5C7, 0x5D5, 0x6EC?
After removing gta_vc.set they are always other.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

I can't say, maybe there is some options with car controlling or something.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 13:13)
Is there any reason, limit hacking etc that would stop Myriad islands from being ported?

Challenge accepted.

user posted imageuser posted image

A few problems need to be ironed out (textures) and it overloads the memory on my 3GS (crashes) after a few minutes, but it works. It'll probably work much better on my Galaxy S3. tounge.gif

Edit: I should also point out that those textures are directly from the PC version, so they can be optimized.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Brilliant!

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:38 AM Edited by Frank.s, 08 December 2012 - 01:40 AM.

Excellent, that shows that new txd's are possible and the mobile version of VC hasn't totally disabled (txd) modding. (my only concern tbh, because the rest of the files seemed relatively untouched) I'm kinda relieved because i thought that R*/Wardrum wanted it as locked-down like LCS/VCS.
Another thing, how or why do R*/Wardrum get to (re-)release more renderware games now? I thought that they developed the L3d(?) engine for LCS/VCS because of problems with contracts/permissions/licenses for renderware? Or did R* make l3d strictly because it's far more optimised for the psp than renderware? or both?

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:42 AM Edited by gamerzworld, 08 December 2012 - 01:46 AM.

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 20:38)
Excellent, that shows that new txd's are possible and the mobile version of VC hasn't totally disabled modding. (my only concern tbh, because the rest of the files seemed relatively untouched) I'm kinda relieved because i thought that R*/Wardrum wanted it as locked-down like LCS/VCS.
Another thing, how or why do R*/Wardrum get to (re-)release more renderware games now? I thought that they developed the L3d(?) engine for LCS/VCS because of problems with contracts/permissions/licenses for renderware? Or did R* maker l3d strictly because it's far more optimised for the psp than renderware? or both?

The licence for RenderWare is most likely on a per-title basis and not per platform, meaning they can port VC to any platform without anything from EA. Not sure where you got the name L3d engine, the Stories engine doesn't really have a name. They had to create a new engine for the Stories titles as RenderWare wasn't optimized for mobile and EA probably wouldn't have granted them a licence for a new title. As for the reason these mobile ports use RenderWare when it comes to the optimization standpoint, it's most likely because they want to stay as true to the original as possible. If I recall correctly, there was also a version of RenderWare for OpenGL so it was probably easier to just use RW.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

Not sure where you got the name L3d engine
I saw it being called "L3D" in a bunch of LCS/VCS topics, i think Ash_735 might know where the name came from.
*rest of text*
Ah ok, seems likely.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Game files on Android are in one big .OBB file. Anyone have an idea how extract it?

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:03 AM Edited by gamerzworld, 08 December 2012 - 02:15 AM.

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 20:55)
Game files on Android are in one big .OBB file. Anyone have an idea how extract it?

It's just a zip file.

<snip>

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:13 AM Edited by City_Poke912, 08 December 2012 - 02:31 AM.

Hah, cheats works! But when I typed PANZER, it spawned Landstalker.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Bad news about Android modding. confused.gif While we can edit the files, it won't pass file checks. The checks are part of Google's system and isn't the fault of Rockstar. Every time you launch the game, Android runs a quick check on the file hashes and if it doesn't match it'll attempt to re-download the game. There doesn't look like an easy way to bypass it either.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 04:33)
Bad news about Android modding. confused.gif While we can edit the files, it won't pass file checks. The checks are part of Google's system and isn't the fault of Rockstar. Every time you launch the game, Android runs a quick check on the file hashes and if it doesn't match it'll attempt to re-download the game. There doesn't look like an easy way to bypass it either.

sad.gif How did u get it?? If not legal, please send me a pm.

WingnutMkII
  • WingnutMkII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Here is a save with all islands opened with around 20 missions completed if anyone wants it smile.gif
http://www.mediafire...ysl1cmes9ar0tt2

f7n
  • f7n

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Do have anyone how to disnable the Cop stars, I cant not win the mission with hillary for the bank job. Do some one know the HEX to change the stars? smile.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 03:33)

I tried to unpack and pack again a .OBB file, but no results confused.gif Can anyone help with that?

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

I've spent the better part of the night trying to find a solution to this. I've tried the JOBB tool included with the Android SDK, no luck. It can't even read the original OBB. I've tried rebuilding the APK so I could try to remove the file checks there, I can't get the modded APK to install. Even tried resigning the damn thing. Hopefully when this releases someone who knows more Android development can find a solution. One cool thing about JOBB files is that it has a overwrite flag to it. This means that if we can figure out how exactly War Drum packages their JOBB files, we should be able to create add-on packs fairly easily without having to overwrite the original files.

I think I'm done for the night but I'll probably try taking another stab at it tomorrow.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Oh, for this moment we can mod only iOS version. Maybe if some files are in .APK, they have higher permission than files in .OBB?

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 02:51)
Oh, for this moment we can mod only iOS version. Maybe if some files are in .APK, they have higher permission than files in .OBB?

Not sure about including them in the APK, but after looking at some of the Java code in the APK there looks to be a switch between the OBB file and just the files in a folder. Without the ability to properly rebuild the APK however, there's no way to test it. Kinda wish Rockstar would have put VC on the Amazon App Store so they wouldn't have been able to use Google's OBB method. tounge.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:07 AM Edited by City_Poke912, 08 December 2012 - 08:13 AM.

If you use APK Multitool, you can easily properly compile APK, simple edited handling works.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 03:07)
If you use APK Multitool, you can easily properly compile APK.

Thanks I'll try it tomorrow. I was using apktool 1.5.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:27 AM Edited by City_Poke912, 08 December 2012 - 09:10 AM.

Temporary way to modding Andorid version is editing files in APK. It's easy to add, modify or delete files and it works great ingame (changed FLASH FM radiostation into Epic Sax Guy is a funny idea biggrin.gif )

UPDATE: That's so simple! Game create folder com.rockstargames.gtavc in Android/data. I pasted my song into created "audio" folder and song works ingame.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 03:27)
Temporary way to modding Andorid version is editing files in APK. It's easy to add, modify or delete files and it works great ingame (changed FLASH FM radiostation into Epic Sax Guy is a funny idea biggrin.gif )

UPDATE: That's so simple! Game create folder com.rockstargames.gtavc in Android/data. I pasted my song into created "audio" folder and song works ingame.

Suspected that it could work, but never tried it as I figured it would create conflicts. Does it override the need for the OBB file?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 10:13)
Does it override the need for the OBB file?

Yep. That's a bit strange, but it really works.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users