GTA Vice City Mobile Modding

822 replies to this topic
_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Are you planning some of these features in SA Mobile?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 15 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.

Yeah, why not. I will try to make an update for gta3 version first.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

You know what it is  :santa:

http://gtaforums.com...l-cleo-android/

ALLEN2
  • ALLEN2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

How do you replace the music files? i did a adf2mp3 program for pc vice city, i put on the phone and it doesnt work. i really miss these songs so please help thanks

xNCx
  • xNCx

formerly known as krasiejow

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

In gta 3 mobile, I put my mp3 songs in Android\data\com.rockstar.blahblah...\Audio. Exactly where the audio files are located in the PC version.

Open VC's obb file with a ZIP archive tool and search for the radio files... Maybe you don't need adf.

ALLEN2
  • ALLEN2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

In gta 3 mobile, I put my mp3 songs in Android\data\com.rockstar.blahblah...\Audio. Exactly where the audio files are located in the PC version.

Open VC's obb file with a ZIP archive tool and search for the radio files... Maybe you don't need adf.

i did that, i replaced the files but then i go into a car and nothing plays. just slience. converted from my pc using the adf to mp3 tool from some gta modding site

boomshowdown
  • boomshowdown

boomshowdown

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

It may seem easy task to replace texture with txdf*cker thanks to Nick but can scm work?

Yesterday i was trying to insert Gta Long Night total conversion of Hellfish in my phone,i replaced all zombie texture but only the thing i am fearing is that can scm be directly inserted in it or not 

undergroundvicious
  • undergroundvicious

F#ck me? F#ck you! In fact, everyone has!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

Has anyone able to convert mobile textures or models for PC? I'm more interessed on port mobile features for PC.

ScatterBox
  • ScatterBox

Lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:28 AM Edited by ScatterBox, 27 February 2014 - 02:32 AM.

I'm a bit behind to come to the Vice City Mobile modding scene... lol. I remember reading a good amount of pages on this topic before, but I couldn't remember if anyone had figured out how to do this....

What I'm talking about above is that I found out a way to decompile, and recompile the main.scm for Vice City Mobile. I'm just not sure if someone has found out how to do this already.. :)

Anyways, I'm learning how to read the decompiled code, but I tested compiling it, and it works. 

Edit: Wow... I just read the very first post again. It seems it was figured out. Opps. sorry for the bump. :p

CartmanKusanagi
  • CartmanKusanagi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

I don't think it's possible to turn off the frame limiter on iOS devices (I have an iPhone 5, btw). I decided to take a look at the gta_vc.set file and it seems the frame limiter automatically turns back on as soon as you boot up the game. How do I know this? Because when I started the game after changing the value at 0x5D7 (the address for the frame limiter) from 01 (on) to 00 (off), the game was still at a constant 30fps. I looked at the .set file again after quitting the game and the address was set back to 01 instead of 00. And before anyone asks, I edited the file and moved it to the documents folder multiple times to make sure I didn't do anything wrong.

Furthermore, I moved my brother's .set file from his Galaxy S3 (once again, making sure the frame limiter was set to OFF) to my iPhone, and what do you know; the moment I booted up VC, it switched back to on again. It's weird because I was able to turn off GTA 3's limiter just fine, but it's looking impossible for this game (along with San Andreas).

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with 30fps as I'm used to it by now, but I was just curious to see if this worked. Anyway, this whole ordeal makes me wonder why War Drum Studios didn't include the graphic setting options from the Android version on Apple devices.

soundwave4000
  • soundwave4000

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

Someone can tell me how can I open the GTA 3 Android texture files?? Because with TXD f*cker I cannot open it and I need the hud and the radar txd files to open..

• pogo_01 likes this

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

Don't trust newsmen

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Just converted SaL's VCS cars and Gtaguy's VCS weapons. Only one problem I have. I just downloaded Vic Vance converted by XEPO and there are some textures. Deleted the player 1 texture and added the new ones in gta3img.txt and gta3hi.txt, no effects. Vic has it's model with Tommy's textures. Deleted the player texture from generic folder and added the new ones, still nothing. Deleted the skins from skins folder, no effects too. I just see Vic's model with Tommy's textures. Can someone help me there?

iFres0x
  • iFres0x

Ivan in tha haussss!

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 4 weeks ago

B2t: Can someone make that Tommy can crouch on the mobile version? :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users