Photo

GTA Vice City Mobile Modding

822 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (krasiejow @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 18:54)
I used that launcher before I accidentally reset my phone. I installed VC 1.03 and then his apk and it worked. Where did you get the game from? Google play or some "interesting" sites wink.gif? Check if you've got the right VC version.

Google Play.

Did the they update it recently?

xNCx
  • xNCx

formerly known as krasiejow

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

No, they didn't update it. I think they won't update it at all.

I get a similar error saying "an app with this same name, but different <something> is installed, can't update it". It happens when I try to mix an app which is legal with a not legal (for example hacked premium widgets/themes for an app from Google Play). I don't know if thirteenAG made this fix for a legal or cracked VC version, that's why you might get errors.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by nkjellman, 15 August 2013 - 11:38 PM.

QUOTE (krasiejow @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 18:36)
No, they didn't update it. I think they won't update it at all.

I get a similar error saying "an app with this same name, but different <something> is installed, can't update it". It happens when I try to mix an app which is legal with a not legal (for example hacked premium widgets/themes for an app from Google Play). I don't know if thirteenAG made this fix for a legal or cracked VC version, that's why you might get errors.

I see. I think I may need to remove VC, and get a cracked version of the game.

Minecraft on the iOS is like that and probably Android too. You use a program to install the mod, and I assume the APK is used on the Android version.

Edit:I got ThirteenAG's launcher working. Here is what I did.

1. I copied my GTA VC ogg file and my other files for VC to the SD card.
2. I uninstalled the app.
3. I installed the modified apk.
4. I then copied the obb back to its original location. I had to use a file browser on the phone, and not on the computer because on the computer it would give an error.

It worked! The height limit was high enough so I could fly above the sky scrapers. However, the intro's still played, but thats not an issue. I didn't like the fact that they were removed but I'd rather have no intros than a crappy height limit. The cut scene borders were also not there, but the no intro mod may not be working because of the method I used.

I like the way you have to mod the game. Its very nice. Though you can't have multiple directories like on PC (with out modding the APK), I like it because I can just add the modified files in with out having to rename the old files. If I install a mod that doesn't work, I just delete the modded files. Extracting the whole obb doesn't work. I'd rather just have the modded files in there anyways. I could have multiple copies of the Files folder and rename them to switch mods, and I don't have to have copies of unmodified files. The only issue I don't like is some files don't work. I put the better quality, no cut songs VC radio stations in the directory but they don't work.

xNCx
  • xNCx

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

You mean obb*, not ogg wink.gif?

I've today tried to mod GTA 3 mobile, I wanted to add LCS radio stations. They crashed the game. After a quick check, I noticed that my LCS mp3s were 192 kbps quality, and those in game - 96. I think reconverting it to a lower quality and with a use of a specific coded might get them to work. Maybe the same may fix your problem?

nick7
  • nick7

グランドセフトオ

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

I need someone with PowerVR device who can test new TXDf*cker version.

Also you guys can translate TXDf*cker to your native language or fix my mistakes in english and chinese localizations.

Sliderv2
  • Sliderv2

GTA Liberty City Stories Mobile Leader

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (krasiejow @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 19:58)
You mean obb*, not ogg wink.gif?

I've today tried to mod GTA 3 mobile, I wanted to add LCS radio stations. They crashed the game. After a quick check, I noticed that my LCS mp3s were 192 kbps quality, and those in game - 96. I think reconverting it to a lower quality and with a use of a specific coded might get them to work. Maybe the same may fix your problem?

Check out my GTA 3 LCS: Mobile Mod:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=511243
It has LCS Radio Stations.

xNCx
  • xNCx

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

@nick7 I have a tegra3, so not me.

@Sliderv2 I am sure I downloaded your mod before. Terrible low download speed btw. smile.gif. But it doesn't replace all radio stations from what I see? I already managed to convert LCS radio stations so that they work on gta 3 mobile.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by Spuds725, 01 September 2013 - 06:41 PM.

http://db.tt/yAgGerUz

http://www.illspirit.com/files/

FYI... Illspirit's northern lights mod for pc works on android version. See pic above.

This puts a giant colorful light above all uncollected hidden packages and rampages so you can see them from a great distance... More of a tool to help you finish game then anything.

To install create folder structure data/maps in the following folder on your device---

android/data/com.rockstargames.gtavc/files

(if the above is not clear-- go to the files folder above-- create folder data-- open it and in that folder create folder maps)

Copy the generic.ide file to the maps folder and launch game. To remove- delete generic.ide

Spuds

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:00 AM Edited by fastman92, 29 September 2013 - 08:02 AM.

I just discovered that in GTA VC there's a function for not existing added commands:
0x047B?
0x047C (for sure)

With a bit of ARM knowledge it would be possible to patch GTA VC Mobile code and add these commands, then call a function:
00111CE0 _ZN14CRunningScript19LocateObjectCommandEiPj
void __thiscall CRunningScript::LocateObjectCommand(CRunningScript* this, unsigned __int16 commandID)

I can't do this on my own. The problem is i don't have a mobile phone that would run GTA VC

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

I just discovered that in GTA VC there's a function for not existing added commands:
0x047B?
0x047C (for sure)

With a bit of ARM knowledge it would be possible to patch GTA VC Mobile code and add these commands, then call a function:
void __thiscall CRunningScript::LocateObjectCommand(CRunningScript* this, unsigned __int16 commandID)

I can't do this on my own. The problem is i don't have a mobile phone that would run GTA VC

Why not use an android emulator on PC? That's the way most apps are tested efficiently.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

0x047B?
0x047C (for sure)

Why not use an android emulator on PC? That's the way most apps are tested efficiently.

As far as i know it only supports Java managed apps, not native ARM applications.

Mitcheyoo
  • Mitcheyoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Since I updated from Version 1.1 to 1.3 on my iPad 3, the textures have changed and are much lower. I've used the premium gta_vc.set file and tried to resolve this, and it works until I close the app and restart it; in other words, when I open the app for the second time after applying the top gta_vc.set setting, it reverts back to the older textures setting. I have been applying the gta_vc.set mod with iExplorer for Mac. Can anyone please help me with this, so I can always have the good textures without having to apply them every time I play it? Thank you.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

As far as i know it only supports Java managed apps, not native ARM applications.

Ah well there are several alternatives to the official Android emulator. However, I'm not sure if any of them use Java since Android is Java-based (Java confuses the hell out of me). I managed to use Cheat Engine to look through the code of PSX2 running SA, which worked and I found the right code, but I never tried changing anything.

pipyakas
  • pipyakas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hi, im new to this forum and also to gta modding. Im using a ipod touch 4g therefore the default graphics of vc is really bad. Igot a modded gta_vc.set file that enable everything, but it result in a bit laggy gameplay (15-20fps imo). I tried to mod gta_vc.set like in #1 but these offset was for v1.0, in v1.3 i cant find any of them. Only the distant draw offset was close to what #1 said, and when i change it to minimum nothing happened visually. Can anyone tell me the new offset for the graphics effects?

AL~KARBABADY
  • AL~KARBABADY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

plzz help me .. how did I replace a ( TXD ) and ( DFF ) for Car ..

I see "veh_high.img" only ( DFF ) and ( COL ) files :blink:

- and how did I add cleo mods  in the game ? :happy:

GuilhermeBRRO
  • GuilhermeBRRO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here, and english isn't my my native language, then sorry for something wrong.

I've read many pages of this thread looking for anyway to get better graphics for my Galaxy S2, I tried the mod of "_CP_" but I got XAPK error, I guess I made something wrong. But after read about 20 pages (more or less), I'm also interested in the Los Santos map by "nick7", but now I think it will be not need anymore, because the GTA SA will be released for mobile in next month.

The real reason for me write this reply, is because I saw many people here wanting to play GTA LCS and VCS on their devices. I got the solution: PPSSPP emulator. Yeah, I don't know if someone here know this emulator, but with this we can play PSP games on our phones. Now I'm playing GTA VCS and LCS at decent speed. I made a vídeo, but the screencast kill the performance, then the speed will be not as the real speed: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XKYjnLB1L8U
I got some videos about this emulador, I had much more (about 80 to be exactly) in my old channel, but it was deleted by Youtube. This emulator also is available to iOS, Windows, Blackberry, Linux and others, access: http://ppsspp.org. Use the latest builds of this emulator: htttp://www.buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp. Check out the official forum for tips: http://forums.ppsspp.org/. If you got any doubt, tell me: GuilhermeGS2, I'll help if I can.

I hope I helped the android users that wanna play the GTAs LCS and VCS.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here, and english isn't my my native language, then sorry for something wrong.

I've read many pages of this thread looking for anyway to get better graphics for my Galaxy S2, I tried the mod of "_CP_" but I got XAPK error, I guess I made something wrong. But after read about 20 pages (more or less), I'm also interested in the Los Santos map by "nick7", but now I think it will be not need anymore, because the GTA SA will be released for mobile in next month.

The real reason for me write this reply, is because I saw many people here wanting to play GTA LCS and VCS on their devices. I got the solution: PPSSPP emulator. Yeah, I don't know if someone here know this emulator, but with this we can play PSP games on our phones. Now I'm playing GTA VCS and LCS at decent speed. I made a vídeo, but the screencast kill the performance, then the speed will be not as the real speed: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XKYjnLB1L8U
I got some videos about this emulador, I had much more (about 80 to be exactly) in my old channel, but it was deleted by Youtube. This emulator also is available to iOS, Windows, Blackberry, Linux and others, access: http://ppsspp.org. Use the latest builds of this emulator: htttp://www.buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp. Check out the official forum for tips: http://forums.ppsspp.org/. If you got any doubt, tell me: GuilhermeGS2, I'll help if I can.

I use that emulator on my PC and it works great. However, on my Galaxy S4, it lags.

GuilhermeBRRO
  • GuilhermeBRRO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

I use that emulator on my PC and it works great. However, on my Galaxy S4, it lags.

Lag? Man, I run almost all my games fine on my Galaxy S2. Check your settings, take a look on my videos, I use one of the best settings: http://www.youtube.c...er/GGBGameplays. And use the most recent build: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

Some cookies

• lpgunit, ThirteenAG and nick7 like this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Some cookies

Does it come as a separate application (albeit with root access needed) or does it patch the VC binaries?

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

Some cookies

Does it come as a separate application (albeit with root access needed) or does it patch the VC binaries?

patches main game library (libR1.so for GTA 3 and libGTAVC.so for VC) with the loader which loads cleo library , root required only for (un)installation

iFres0x
  • iFres0x

Ivan in tha haussss!

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

CJ can crouch on gta sa Mobile

Screen: YtgTN.png

Can someome developed the crouch for Gta VC Mobile??

Sorry for my bad english.

GuilhermeBRRO
  • GuilhermeBRRO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Wrong thread. Right thread here: http://gtaforums.com...-mobile-modding

xNCx
  • xNCx

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Oh, this looks great. But can I use VC CLEO for PC scripts in the mobile version without any modifications of them?

What a pity I don't have root :(.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Oh, this looks great. But can I use VC CLEO for PC scripts in the mobile version without any modifications of them?

What a pity I don't have root :(.

Scripts which don't require user input and don't use pc cleo added opcodes should work fine 

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Nice one, Alex! Keep it up to porting it to SA.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Any new opcodes or just script loading ability? Scripts should be placed in apk or cache folder? Test version maybe? :)

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by Alexander Blade, 14 December 2013 - 09:24 PM.

No new opcodes for now . Do we need any anyway ? Probably memory related ones only .

Scripts are being loaded from the folder which is one level up from the one where game saves are stored :lol:

for me this folder is

/sdcard/Android/data/com.rockstargames.gtavc/

and game saves are here

/sdcard/Android/data/com.rockstargames.gtavc/files/

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:46 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 15 December 2013 - 11:54 AM.

I decided to update my launcher for android, no intro fix was broken in latest version, but it's fixed now. Plus, i managed how to do something else:
ef5dae1403bf12c6dde6ed714c7ff96a.jpg 7c65ff77e24b15b08177a18fe1f155bf.jpg
Radio on emergency vehicles, horn and submission available.
Release a bit later.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:43 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 15 December 2013 - 08:44 PM.

GTA VC 10th Anniversary Extra Launcher v0.7 for Android:
Only for game version - 1.03
Tweaks included:
- No intro fix (new)
- Properly disabled fading
- Disabled cutscene borders and black tint
- Helicopter height limit increased to 400.0
- Radio available on emergengy vehicles, such as police, ambulance, etc. Not tested on all cars though. (new)
Installation for Android:
Just install APK as usual.
Download Android version

117d96b1d9df8b977945a7716b545fe4.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users