Photo

GTA Vice City Mobile Modding

835 replies to this topic
_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:35 PM Edited by City_Poke912, 06 March 2013 - 08:47 PM.

user posted image

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: 10th Anniversary Edition was released today, and I want to thanks both Rockstar and War Drum Studios for port of one of the best game in GTA saga. GTA:Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition is a port of the same RenderWare engine, and our modding tools can be used for modding.

Modding
In iOS devices is direct access to game files besides Android.
In Android devices, extract files from .obb file (by Winrar or 7Zip) and extract it into Android/data/com.rockstargames.gtavc/files.

Audio
They are saved at 64kbps. Few songs are cut from mobile release. It really doesn't matter, because we can easily replace it.

Removed songs:
Michael Jackson "Billie Jean"
Michael Jackson "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"
Ozzy Osbourne "Bark At The Moon"
Kate Bush "Wow"
Herbie Hanc**k "Rock It"
Afrika Bambaataa "Looking For The Perfect Beat"
And a couple of songs from Radio Espantoso.
Thanks to Ash.

SCM
QUOTE (ThirteenAG)
CODE

VERSION=2.2.Mobile
PUBLISHER=ThirteenAG
DATE=06.12.12

[OPCODES]
03A8=1,save_float_to_debug_file %1d%
03A9=0,save_newline_to_debug_file
0454=3,useless_store_debug_camera_position_to %1d% %2d% %3d%
0463=3,useless_store_debug_camera_target_point_to %1d% %2d% %3d%
0488=1,  model %1o% exists
04B0=2,  %1d% > %2d%; $ > any
04B1=2,  %1d% > %2d%; @ > any
04B2=2,  %1d% > %2d%; any > $
05A9=1,get_debug_state_to %1d%
05AA=1,%1d%
05AB=0,unknown
05AC=1,%1d%

Additional opcodes to decompile(and compile) original mobile main.scm without any errors. My VICESCM.INI, just in case.

Thanks to ThirteenAG and Silent.

Also, R* left debug mode in SCM.
Access: previous radio + handbrake.
Sterring: analog up/down - switching option
analog left/right - enable/disable option

Graphic options

To edit graphic options, find a gta_vc.set file and edit it with hex editor like Hex Workshop.
View Distance
Offset: 0x5D1

Options:
"66 66 E6", Maximum drawing distance
"66 66 DE",
"66 66 D6",
"66 66 CE",
"66 66 C6",
"66 66 BE",
"66 66 B6 ",
" 66 66 AE ", Medium drawing distance
" 66 66 A6 ",
" 66 66 9E ",
" 66 66 96 "
" 66 66 8E ",
" 66 66 86 ",
" CC CC 7C ",
" CC CC 6C ",
" CC CC 5C ",
" CD CC 4C ", Minimum drawing disance
" CC CC A4 ", iOS A4 chipset drawing distance (some sort of custom value)
" CC CC AC", iOS Custom Value (From a 3GS set file)
" 66 66 06 " iPad mini draw distance
" 33 33 D3 " iPhone4 draw distance
Car lights, Traffic lights, Lamps and Flashing Lights
Offset: 0x6E5

Options:
00 = off,
02 = on
Detailed Shadows and Blood
Offset: 0x6E1

Options:
00 = off,
01 = on
Debris
Offset: 0x6E6

Options:
00 = off,
01 = on
Frame Limiter
Offset: 0x5D7

Options:
00 = off,
01 = on
Thanks to Gamerzworld for values.

Fingers & XBOX cars
Offset: 0x6EB

Options:
00 = off,
01 = on
Thanks to Dingleman for his set file
Models
Seems to be a bit edited structure of DFF file, 3D Max can't import it.
PC models works fine with Andorid and iOS version.
  • nick7 likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:48 AM Edited by nkjellman, 06 December 2012 - 03:52 AM.

Lets hope we can crack those new IMG file formats.

This game from what Ash said uses the old file formats and new file formats for the IMG files. So there might be a shot at getting the game to read custom maps and vehicles.

I'll test it soon. It's 9:50 here US Central Time, so the game should be coming soon in the US. Might get it at 11:00 PM Central Time as it will be 12:00 AM East Cost Time.

Apfeltasche
  • Apfeltasche

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:59 AM Edited by Apfeltasche, 06 December 2012 - 04:18 AM.

Hi smile.gif First: Sorry about my bad englisch. But I'll try it.

I am new at GTA-Forums, but I have a long History of GTA-modifications (Published one of the first cars of San Andreas years ago and member at the VC to SA mod team.)

End of the last year, I've written this german tutorial for iOS-GTA3:

http://imendit.de/bl...n-savegames-map

But it seems like, at this old way, it doesn't works for GTA Vice City.

I can not find the .TXD at any IMG-File sad.gif I have try to replace just a .dff with many different Cars, but the game still crashed any time.

I've found 2 IMG-archives for cars:

- gta3.img
- veh_high.img

But at both files, I doesn't found any TXD-file. Any idea where we can find the .IMG for the TXD-files? smile.gif

BTW: The game does only crashes if i replace the .dff at the veh_high.img. Doesn't matter at the gta3.img

gta3.img:
user posted image

veh_high.img:
user posted image

Click the Thumbnail for a higher resolution:

user posted image
  • esam likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

Yeah, the IMG's and TXD's that you have access to are the untouched things, same as the PC version, the NEW stuff is locked away in a new container and will be stored in these files, stuff like Vehicle textures, Weapon Textures, HUD stuff, any High res textures, Character Textures, etc, can be found in the following, but we can't access them yet:

gamemisc.pvr.DAT <=== This is where new textures are
gamemisc.pvr.tmb
gamemisc.pvr.toc
gamemisc.txt <=== This contains textures names, size, alpha status, etc

gta3hi.pvr.DAT
gta3hi.pvr.tmb
gta3hi.pvr.toc
gta3hi.txt

gta3ing.pvr.DAT
gta3img.pvr.tmb
gta3img.pvr.toc
gta3img.txt

hud.pvr.DAT
hud.pvr.tmb
hud.pvr.toc
hud.txt

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 04:35)
Yeah, the IMG's and TXD's that you have access to are the untouched things, same as the PC version, the NEW stuff is locked away in a new container and will be stored in these files, stuff like Vehicle textures, Weapon Textures, HUD stuff, any High res textures, Character Textures, etc, can be found in the following, but we can't access them yet:

gamemisc.pvr.DAT <=== This is where new textures are
gamemisc.pvr.tmb
gamemisc.pvr.toc
gamemisc.txt <=== This contains textures names, size, alpha status, etc

gta3hi.pvr.DAT
gta3hi.pvr.tmb
gta3hi.pvr.toc
gta3hi.txt

gta3ing.pvr.DAT
gta3img.pvr.tmb
gta3img.pvr.toc
gta3img.txt

hud.pvr.DAT
hud.pvr.tmb
hud.pvr.toc
hud.txt

This makes me think that Rockstar doesn't want us porting the higher quality updates to the PC version. They probably didn't like people doing that with the Xbox version.

Apfeltasche
  • Apfeltasche

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

Great Ash, thanks for this useful information. Now i do understand nkjellmans first post. smile.gif

This makes me think that Rockstar doesn't want us porting the higher quality updates to the PC version. They probably didn't like people doing that with the Xbox version.

Think so too. sad.gif The new Texture looks pretty nice at the iPad 2. I was surprised about the high quality of the textures. smile.gif

Well, lets hope we or someone else find a way ... smile.gif

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 23:37)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 04:35)
<snip>

...or the mobile version uses better, less hardware intensive compression. Anyone try deleting the new files to force it to revert back to the old? Worked on GTA3.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

OK, doing some research, PVR files are pretty much advanced compressed images, but all the tools I find are like either expensive or out of date (can't open the file), so I'm on the right track, just need to wrap my head around this, i think it's an apple only format, so i might just wait out for the Android version!

EDIT: For those who are interested, this is what it's using (http://www.imgtec.co...-pvrtextool.asp)

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 00:15)
OK, doing some research, PVR files are pretty much advanced compressed images, but all the tools I find are like either expensive or out of date (can't open the file), so I'm on the right track, just need to wrap my head around this, i think it's an apple only format, so i might just wait out for the Android version!

The answer you are looking for. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerVR

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

GTA III had some file formats I haven't seen before. Didn't GTA III have some things updated on newer iOS devices that were improved over PC and PS2?

Well, I got the app. 3 more minutes to go. Gonna test some mss folder mods to see if the mss folder heli/skimmer height limit increase mod I have works, and also some scm script mods.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

Yeah had a mess about with the texture tool, nothing seems to open it, and I'll be honest, i have no clue where to go from there, the TXT file contains all the details on every texture stored in the archive it represents, but I don't know what the tmb and toc ones are used for, possible some kind of encryption?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 05:40)
Yeah had a mess about with the texture tool, nothing seems to open it, and I'll be honest, i have no clue where to go from there, the TXT file contains all the details on every texture stored in the archive it represents, but I don't know what the tmb and toc ones are used for, possible some kind of encryption?

Well someone will come up with a tool. Its GTA. Very popular game and guaranteed someone will crack it eventually.

As I'm on an iPod Touch 4th Generation I may end up with the PC textures and models possibly. On the bright side this might make modding easier for me.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

If texture files from Apple devices can't be opened, maybe Android version will help. But game still isn't released.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 05:46)
If texture files from Apple devices can't be opened, maybe Android version will help. But game still isn't released.

Perhaps. The game engine might be updated to account for enhancements.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

That's what I'm going to wait for, see if the Android one is any different, but if it's not, then bloody hell they like to make things awkward!

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

Then maybe Hackman can do something here tounge.gif

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:54 AM Edited by gamerzworld, 06 December 2012 - 05:57 AM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 00:50)

That's what I'm going to wait for, see if the Android one is any different, but if it's not, then bloody hell they like to make things awkward!

The Android version will be different. The PVR files are textures and models optimized for PowerVR chips, which are used in iPhone 4+. The Android version will be like GTA3 where it downloads the files optimized specifically for your GFX chip (gta3_xxx.img). For GTA3 the game used to fall back to the originals if it couldn't find the optimized files, has anyone tried the same for VC?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

I'm guessing Google don't like money, what the hell is taking them so long to put it up?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Got All Opened Up main.scm working. Cool thing is you can move the Speedometer around the screen in the options. You can explore all the islands, and all the interiors (including cutscene)

But I can't wait till I get my iPod Touch 5G. VC runs like III does on 4G. You need to run the app on a fresh reboot or else it will crash, and it crashes when you will go to save or pause the game. Also I don't have updated character models, or the dynamic shadows that I saw earlier. I don't even have the PC texture shadows. It also seems that the vehicles are the PC/PS2 vehicles. I do seem to have updated map textures. Not certain. On newer devices didn't GTA III have the Xbox vehicles and updated textures?

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 06:16)
Got All Opened Up main.scm working. Cool thing is you can move the Speedometer around the screen in the options. You can explore all the islands, and all the interiors (including cutscene)

But I can't wait till I get my iPod Touch 5G. VC runs like III does on 4G. You need to run the app on a fresh reboot or else it will crash, and it crashes when you will go to save or pause the game. Also I don't have updated character models, or the dynamic shadows that I saw earlier. I don't even have the PC texture shadows. It also seems that the vehicles are the PC/PS2 vehicles. I do seem to have updated map textures. Not certain. On newer devices didn't GTA III have the Xbox vehicles and updated textures?

did you get anything working?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 05:39)
GTA III had some file formats I haven't seen before. Didn't GTA III have some things updated on newer iOS devices that were improved over PC and PS2?

Well, I got the app. 3 more minutes to go. Gonna test some mss folder mods to see if the mss folder heli/skimmer height limit increase mod I have works, and also some scm script mods.

You are funny. smile.gif ASI mods is made for x86 architecture, they can not be applied to ARM. Besides that, memory addresses in gta_vc.exe and gta3vc(ios executable) are different.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:01 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 06 December 2012 - 01:00 PM.

Sorry for double post, but i've got something:
CODE

VERSION=2.2.Mobile
PUBLISHER=ThirteenAG
DATE=06.12.12

[OPCODES]
03A8=1, %1h%
03A9=0, NOP
0454=3,useless_store_debug_camera_position_to %1d% %2d% %3d%
0463=3,useless_store_debug_camera_target_point_to %1d% %2d% %3d%
0488=1,  model %1o% exists
04B0=2,  %1d% > %2d%; $ > any
04B1=2,  %1d% > %2d%; @ > any
04B2=2,  %1d% > %2d%; any > $
05A9=1,%1d%
05AA=1,%1d%
05AC=1,%1d%

Additional opcodes to decompile(and compile) original mobile main.scm without any errors. My VICESCM.INI, just in case.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:28 PM Edited by zzcool, 06 December 2012 - 12:41 PM.

not sure if anyone else has noticed

but theres a police.txd just randomely placed inside the game folder

i tried the file in original vice city and the game crashed as soon as i got a wanted level

timecycle and water files work fine with original vice city no difference though other then the resolution being locked

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Ah, ok, thanks R*.
user posted image

Anyway, updated 1st post with ThirteenAG's new opcodes.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 08:55)
Ah, ok, thanks R*.
user posted image

We’re aware that some users have attempted to download Vice City: 10th Anniversary Edition from the Google Play Store and have experienced validation errors. Just to be clear: the game is not available for Android devices just yet, and if you’re seeing it listed on the Store then this is an error, and you shouldn’t attempt to download it. We’ll keep you up to date and let you know as soon as the game is live and available to purchase.

Kinda sloppy, eh?

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

It is availabe in my country, I bought it and boom. Do, Android users must wait longer... Can anyone send some DFF's and TXD's by PM? I'll look into it.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 09:00)
It is availabe in my country, I bought it and boom. Do, Android users must wait longer... Can anyone send some DFF's and TXD's by PM? I'll look into it.

It was available for everyone. It's been removed from the store now.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Wow, SCM stats opcodes differ from PC version.

Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Damn it, R* hasn't left any file of main.scm source this time. confused.gif

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Yeah. Pity. Hoping that Android has some though.

However, I'd "blame" (praise?) War Drum Studios more for these leftovers.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users