Photo

GTA V expansion pack(s)

27 replies to this topic
Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:08 PM Edited by thebodies, 04 December 2012 - 05:20 PM.

Ok, maybe it is too soon to discuss this. But if you have some ideas for future GTA V expansion packs, leave em here wink.gif

My idea is two new stories, one with San Fierro, and one with Las Venturas. Or maybe a tag-team story for when Michael and Trevor were younger (with co-op option). tounge.gif

Please post your ideas, it would be cool to know what other people think biggrin.gif

Edit: DLCs goddammit, DLCs

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

you mean DLCs? the only game i know now that has expansion packs is sims

also R* said they would only focus on small DLCs from now.. meaning no more huge ones like EFLC.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Too soon!

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 17:14)

Oh, sorry, I meant DLCs blush.gif

Mpower
  • Mpower

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (thebodies @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 18:08)
Ok, maybe it is too soon to discuss this. But if you have some ideas for future GTA V expansion packs, leave em here wink.gif

My idea is two new stories, one with San Fierro, and one with Las Venturas. Or maybe a tag-team story for when Michael and Trevor were younger (with co-op option). tounge.gif

Please post your ideas, it would be cool to know what other people think biggrin.gif

Man just wait for gtaV and then you can talk about dlc moto_whistle.gif

HUNT3R7692
  • HUNT3R7692

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

I reckon they will introduce some otger characters to play with with different varieties of style to them. Like GTAIV did with TLAD and BOGT. I have a feeling they might introduce some sort of underworld propety management sort of thing. Gangsters owning properties n sellin them on to people and causing problems n sh*t. They have a huge world to play with abd plenty of room to turn it into a playground of different DLCs.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

@ thebodies, do you really believe they make completely new cities just for a DLC that doesn't cost the full prize? no way.

Ollie23
  • Ollie23

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

also R* said they would only focus on small DLCs from now.. meaning no more huge ones like EFLC.

Where did they say that?

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 20:40)
@ thebodies, do you really believe they make completely new cities just for a DLC that doesn't cost the full prize? no way.

Somebody said it in another forum, so then I thought it maybe could be true.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (thebodies @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 20:44)

No he made it up for sure. The purpose of DLC's is to make a decent amount of money without having to create a whole new city which was years of work for GTA V Los Santos. It's much more likely that they make another short story in Los Santos again.

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Hint: don't trust anything you see in a forum

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Zombie. Idc how. Flesh eatting zombies

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 20:46)

No he made it up for sure. The purpose of DLC's is to make a decent amount of money without having to create a whole new city which was years of work for GTA V Los Santos. It's much more likely that they make another short story in Los Santos again.

I have proof! tounge2.gif

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:56 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeedRulez, 04 December 2012 - 08:59 PM.

1. Golden Dildo DLC - 60US$
2. Chromed Weapons - 60US$
3. Giant Dildo - 60US$
4. Polar Bear DLC - 60US$
5. Clucking Bell Outfit DLC - 60US$
6. Epsilon T-Shirt DLC - 60US$
7. Realistic Steak DLC - ∞US$

Release Date: In a few weeks or so.

Bent
  • Bent

Mr. White

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Who gives a sh!t the world is going to end in a couple weeks.

LMFAO

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Bent @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 21:01)

LMFAO

Oh no! No GTA V!

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Bent @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 23:01)

LMFAO

So, i assume you will play V in hell?

I really don't believe in this sh*t

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 15:40)

Maybe the idea from the beginning was to have all 3 cities in the game, but they decided to just have Los Santos in the main game and then later sell San Fierro and Las Venturas as expansions. The main game would sell about the same number of copies if it was just 1 city or all 3. So instead of selling all 3 for $60, they'll sell just 1 for $60 and then they'll sell SF and LV for extra profit. I'd definitely buy it.

From what they've shown of the city of Los Santos, it really doesn't look that big. Both San Fierro and Las Venturas would be considerably smaller. All Las Venturas would need is the strip and some suburbs. It would be relatively easy compared to creating Los Santos.

That would also help explain Houser's barbwire comment when asked if the game was going back to San Andreas. Why didn't he just say SF and LV weren't in the game? What would have been the harm in that?

Anotherday.Anotherhistory
  • Anotherday.Anotherhistory

And the one-eyed BEAST SHALL ARRIVE!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Thats the sh*t i don't like, Its becoming COD sad.gif

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 00:24)
QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 15:40)

Maybe the idea from the beginning was to have all 3 cities in the game, but they decided to just have Los Santos in the main game and then later sell San Fierro and Las Venturas as expansions. The main game would sell about the same number of copies if it was just 1 city or all 3. So instead of selling all 3 for $60, they'll sell just 1 for $60 and then they'll sell SF and LV for extra profit. I'd definitely buy it.

From what they've shown of the city of Los Santos, it really doesn't look that big. Both San Fierro and Las Venturas would be considerably smaller. All Las Venturas would need is the strip and some suburbs. It would be relatively easy compared to creating Los Santos.

That would also help explain Houser's barbwire comment when asked if the game was going back to San Andreas. Why didn't he just say SF and LV weren't in the game? What would have been the harm in that?

Wow. You were grasping at straws before but this is just embarrassing. No SF or LV this gen, man. Sorry. Just reread the GI article. It confirms that LS is the only major city and that map design is the most time consuming part of a R* game's development. Also, Dan Houser has already stated that R* is no longer interested in making big DLC. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to appreciate how impractical city expansion packs (for which they could charge at most $20 per unit) would be when they could just make a fully fledged game for both SF and LV and make $60 per unit.

Also, the barbed wire comment just meant there is more to the map than LS, not necessarily LV or SF. Stop invoking Houser's comment as this is even more desperate than your attempt to twist "heads to LS" and "re-imagined SoCal" into meaning V will include all of the original San Andreas. All of your map predictions have been wrong thus far, just accept it you stubborn bastard. devil.gif

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 20:12)
All of your map predictions have been wrong thus far

Which of my map predictions have been wrong? Point them out.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 02:09)
QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 20:12)
All of your map predictions have been wrong thus far

Which of my map predictions have been wrong? Point them out.

If I'm not mistaken, you've argued in multiple threads that because LS is "small," SF and LV must be in the game. We've debated that particular point in the past, hence the "stubborn bastard" comment. Surely, you can't deny this map prediction was wrong?

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

If they do creat some episodic content (which I'm 99% sure they won't) it should be in a post-earthquake Los Santos; where buildings have been destoryed, gangs have taken over the streets and the government isn't helping with the disaster (like hurricane Katrina). And Michael, Trevor, Franklin and a new protagonist (officer Vasquez?) have to take back the streets and survive.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 22:16)

If I'm not mistaken, you've argued in multiple threads that because LS is "small," SF and LV must be in the game. 

You're mistaken. I just said it was a possibility.

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 22:36)
If they do creat some episodic content (which I'm 99% sure they won't)

If they don't have episodic content, what kind of DLC can they have for single player mode? Things like new cars and weapons aren't really worth it if there aren't any missions left.

it should be in a post-earthquake Los Santos; where buildings have been destoryed, gangs have taken over the streets and the government isn't helping with the disaster (like hurricane Katrina). And Michael, Trevor, Franklin and a new protagonist (officer Vasquez?) have to take back the streets and survive.

I'd buy it.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:58 PM Edited by gta5freemode4eva, 06 December 2012 - 03:02 PM.

The expansion packs and DLC I'd like to see would be

Extra Cities (this isn't going to happen but it would be very nice)
New Vehicles
New Weapons
New 'Toys'

New Car/vehicle customization parts
New Multiplayer modes
New Options for different modes
Reversible Race routes (could be included within new mutliplayer modes)
New Race courses
New Safehouses
New clothes (...I suppose - it doesn't bother me much but meh)
New mini games - crazy golf as-well-as normal would be cool

I play multiplayer much more than single player so I won't put more missions but I know a lot of people would want this.

New animals including dogs
Maybe new underwater areas or what would seem unaccessible parts of the map could be opened up, like more cave systems and more building access.

Generally new stuff to keep the game fresh

Makaveli2003
  • Makaveli2003

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

I am down for anything that keeps it going. I am playing this game over and over its the best game ever! I def would not mind having the story of their lives leading up to the story for V, or even some type of aftermath which requires them to get back into business. Anything really just to get the story line going again!

djbell18
  • djbell18

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:42 PM

we getting dlc sometime after new gen comes out , it is going to be like gta iv dlc was like 

don't really know any details right know - but i dont think it will be free

Saranis
  • Saranis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:55 PM

Good job on raising the dead...

• theGTAking101 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users