Photo

iceEnhancer 2.1 GTA 4 1.0.4.0 & Win 8

4 replies to this topic
alvin777
  • alvin777

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hi. I posted in icEnhancer forum but no replies. I was wondering if anyone has successfully iceEnhancer on the original GTAIV (non-Steam). When I launch GTAIV, it doesn't run, it seems to hint that it'll run then nothing happens.

I have icEnhancer 2.1, GTA IV 1.0.4.0 and Windows 8 64-Bit. My GPU is a Radeon 4850M with 512MB. 8GB memory and 2.4 i7

Thank you in advance.

God bless.

honda02
  • honda02

Hating Player Haters

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:10 AM Edited by honda02, 20 December 2012 - 09:14 AM.

Works for me I'm on 1.0.7 though I do get the red sky issue though.. Did you try to run gta without ice? My gta wouldn't play at all when I was on windows 7 for some reason. I switched over to 8 run gta in compatibility mode for vista and it worked flawlessly. I put ice and various other mods. Then I got the red sky issue. But I'll deal with it? But if it doesn't boot does your mouse show the DVD symbol like it is loading or no? Cause whenever I try to run gta without Admin permission it doesn't even try to boot

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Go to the ENB Screenshot Thread in my sig. In the first post there is a link to downloads called "Get modding running on your PC with this package by..." Should do the trick. You need asi loader, xliveless, filelist.pak etc. in your GTA IV directory. I run 1040 as well. It's the best patch honestly until Boris fixes ENB on 1070 and possibly implements new effects into ENB.

-Packet

b0mb
  • b0mb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

I had the same problem. Yout have delete the settings.cfg file in your Windows User Dir...

Works fine now wink.gif

farvneho
  • farvneho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Hi. I'm new to modding GTA IV. I'm running Win8 Pro x64. I have the Steam version downgraded to 1.0.4.0 + xliveless + ScriptHook. It all runs fine up until the point I install Ice 2.1, and then I get a flash and crash after doing the Rockstar login window.

log.log tells me:
CODE
full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
try to use "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV" for shader files

I do not have any overlays running (Steam isn't even running when I start the game). I've been through every permutation of options that I can think of.

Any ideas? TIA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users